Amazon prime deliveries to CS

37,770 Views | 315 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by MiMi
Counterpoint
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone who has changed their zip to Bryan but kept the rest of their address the same received their orders yet? Waiting to pull the trigger on that hack until it's worked for several people!
75AG
AG
Counterpoint said:

Anyone who has changed their zip to Bryan but kept the rest of their address the same received their orders yet? Waiting to pull the trigger on that hack until it's worked for several people!
Seems the PO would finally figure it out, but then they would ship your product to Houston. Wouldn't that delay your shipment even further?
trouble
AG
It's students moving back plus the changes in OT put in place by the USPS. The CS PO relies heavily on OT and has for years, hell decades. Apparently there's also been some management changes over there that have made things even worse than usual.
cavscout96
AG
trouble said:

It's students moving back plus the changes in OT put in place by the USPS. The CS PO relies heavily on OT and has for years, hell decades. Apparently there's also been some management changes over there that have made things even worse than usual.
This is a mgmt issue. If you can't configure your staff to survive without OT, then you have your manning terribly wrong.
BCSWguru
cavscout96 said:

trouble said:

This is a mgmt issue. If you can't configure your staff to survive without OT, then you have your manning terribly wrong.
For decades, folks have been saying the post office is mismanaged. Top to bottom.
doubledog
You can find this in small print on Amazon

Note: We cannot ship Second Day or Next Day Air to P.O. boxes, APO/FPO addresses, or addresses served by the USPS as domestic destinations, including Guam and the U.S. Virgin Islands.

your account> your orders > order summery > Change Shipping Speed

spicyitalian
AG
cavscout96 said:

I fear this is more of an abuse of the system issue. Employees just got away with skimming the OT train for so long, they don't know how to work effectively.
trouble
AG
cavscout96 said:

trouble said:

Or you are handicapped by not being able to hire/fire as you'd like.

When they send the inspectors that ride along and determine route length, they never do it during the busiest times. CS deliveries look a lot different mid March than August/September.
trouble
AG
spicyitalian said:

cavscout96 said:

I fear this is more of an abuse of the system issue. Employees just got away with skimming the OT train for so long, they don't know how to work effectively.

They've been working understaffed for years. See my comment above this one.
doubledog
trouble said:

spicyitalian said:

cavscout96 said:

They've been working understaffed for years. See my comment above this one.
This was/is the strategy for many large companies. My close family members have/had worked for Boeing for many years. In the 1990's + , Boeing forced its non-salaried workers to work two hours of overtime (with the union's blessing). Boeing found it cheaper to pay OT rather than hire new people and provide benefits. I see the USPS has adopted the same strategy, however when the no OT rules came down then the chickens came home to roost.
mtec
I haven't been able to get deliveries to 77801. It says "we will notify you when your item ships" and then sits there for over a week until I cancel it. Used this handy tip shown on this thread... tried my exact address, but with 77802. It seemingly worked and says I should receive my delivery this Friday. Tried to order the exact same item right after making this purchase, but with my real zip code as a follow up test case, still shows I will be notified when shipped... ridiculous that this is even an issue, but hope this workaround is successful! Seems like it will be so far.
theNetSmith
AG
item ordered last Tuesday for 77845 address.. original estimated delivery date was either yesterday or today.. tracking says (today), "now arriving today by 8pm".. tracking progress indicator seems to indicate that it hasn't shipped yet.. *scratches head*

maybe it will be delivered by one of them fancy new drones!

TLIAC
AG
theNetSmith said:

item ordered last Tuesday for 77845 address.. original estimated delivery date was either yesterday or today.. tracking says (today), "now arriving today by 8pm".. tracking progress indicator seems to indicate that it hasn't shipped yet.. *scratches head*

maybe it will be delivered by one of them fancy new drones!

Same but luckily mine did arrive today.
gigem92
AG
Had the same thing a couple of weeks back. Was supposed to be delivered on Tuesday, then said it was coming on Monday, but showed it still wasn't out for delivery. Turns out it reached the Amazon warehouse in Humble and then vanished into thin air never to be seen again.
rc_cat
My recent prime order to 77845 was a quoted week delivery - some repeat items that previously had taken 2 days. Interestingly, or frustratingly, enough I placed an order out of Chicago - UPS ground - it was shipped 9/10 and originally showed a 9/14 delivery date - later that day, that changed to "delivery date being calculated" - then it got to Houston at 8:25 pm on 8/13 - but didn't leave Houston for 28 hours - supposedly out for delivery now after getting to Bryan at 2 am.
Ronniecoleman30
AG
Just had a large heavy package arrive in 2 days, ordered Sunday afternoon. It was in budget uhaul truck and the drivers were wearing amazon clothing. First time for me to get amazon drivers. Still switching most of my online orders to Wal-Mart for awhile.
techno-ag
AG
Ronniecoleman30 said:

Just had a large heavy package arrive in 2 days, ordered Sunday afternoon. It was in budget uhaul truck and the drivers were wearing amazon clothing. First time for me to get amazon drivers. Still switching most of my online orders to Wal-Mart for awhile.
Wowzers. I knew they were using their own drivers in big cities. Possible game changer if it's happening here.
Muzzleblast
Placed 4 orders on Amazon. Oldest is 11 days. All say Order Recieved.
No movement other than that.

Tailgate88
AG
They were discussing this on WTAW this morning. Guess they saw our thread.

Hi Infomaniacs!
nought
AG
So I followed my own advice and ordered an Amazon item this morning but switched the zip code in my address from 77845 to 77802 (same address, just put in the wrong zip code).

With 77845 as the zip code, estimated delivery was September 24. With 77802 as the zip code, estimated delivery is tomorrow (i.e. 1 day delivery). It will be interesting to see if the wrong zip code prevents them from getting it here tomorrow, and if so, whether it still arrives sooner than it would have if the right zip code were used.

I'll report back.
motherrunnersBCS
Just did the same thing but having it sent to a relative in 77802 instead of myself in 77845. Difference of a week in delivery estimate for half the order with it arriving in Bryan in two days. The rest of the order was still the same of a week out no matter where I have it delivered.
spicyitalian
AG
Tailgate88 said:

Hi Infomaniacs!
What time was that? Or which hour? I'm curious now.
nought
AG
spicyitalian said:

Tailgate88 said:

Hi Infomaniacs!

I believe it was somewhere between 7:40 and 8:15.
Tailgate88
AG
spicyitalian said:

Tailgate88 said:

Hi Infomaniacs!

I think right before 8:00.
montegobay
Ordered from Walmart on Monday. Just arrived via FedEx in 77845.
Rearview
AG
Rearview said:

nought said:

Life hack: try creating a shipping address in Amazon that is your actual address in 77845, but put 77802 as the zip code. Amazon will try to correct it, but choose the option to keep the 77802 address.

Poof -- your shipping estimate will drop several days, and Amazon will ship your package out sooner. The post office will figure out the zip code is a mistake and get your package to you anyway.
I just ordered something this way. Shipping estimate went from the 21st to the 16th. I'll report back.
Okay, update (I did cancel prime, but I have it via the wife still until hers expires). Monday I ordered some peppercorns form Amazon, mostly as a test. I had it shipped to my College Station address, but put 77803 as the zip. In two days (yesterday) it arrived at the Bryan post office. But it sat there all day. Yesterday afternoon it was transferred to the CS post office. Right now it is out for delivery.

I'll take 3 day delivery over 7+ day delivery. Anyway it works, but I don't know that I'd order anything important this way.
trouble
AG
Why were you paying for 2 prime accounts?
Rearview
AG
trouble said:

Why were you paying for 2 prime accounts?
I got married recently. We both had prime accounts before.
theNetSmith
AG
update:
I spent a good bit of time chatting about my order with Amazon support (via the app on my phone), and I was told that the item was delayed because it was not available in the nearest distribution center. I was encouraged to cancel the order and try ordering the same item from a different vendor, but I said that I wanted this one, I complained about being allowed to order something that was not available in my area anytime soon, and I asked how long it would take to arrive if I didn't cancel the order. The response I got eventually was, "watch for an email." Um, ok. I did get an email, basically saying that my delivery date was updated to 9/24 (16 days after placing the order). We'll see.

All that to say that it appears my issue is not related to the CS zip code bottleneck/****show.
Bob2525
spicyitalian said:

BCStalk said:

Still 1-2 days in Bryan for both work and home. Curious why a 5 mile difference would change that. Are you putting Cstat as the city and maybe that's throwing them off.
Oh Hell no.
North Bryan, still getting 2 day deliveries on most things. Once in awhile a 2 day will wind up being a 5, but that could be due to supply chain or warehouse distance.
Could possibly talk to the wonderful CS city council to see if they can optimize anything. #3 reason why I live in Bryan now
Rearview
AG
I ordered a large item. It was delivered by Amazon in 1 day. The 7+ day shipping only seems to be when the CS post office is involved.
Had one of my packages become "undeliverable" even though it never made its way to USPS. Not sure if that's related, but I'm certainly not happy after waiting a week.
979ag
AG
Jesus Christ your username
txyaloo
AG
Has anyone emailed jeff@amazon.com to complain? Bezos actually reads some of the messages. For ones he doesn't read, it goes to executive escalations who are quite a bit more helpful than normal support there. I've had to use it a few times when I was getting no where with normal customer service
mhnatt
We have abandoned most of our Amazon usage until this blows over. Many orders I have searched for and made purchasing decisions on Amazon (reviews), then went straight to the retailer or manufacturer's website and the cost is nearly the same or a few bucks more for shipping (many are free shipping anyway or have coupon codes). Feels good to let the smaller guys (even Best Buy) to get some dough before Amazon for a change.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.