Outdoors
Sponsored by

*****New Gun Day*****

109,364 Views | 674 Replies | Last: 17 days ago by Breggy Popup
EFE
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ahh, hadn't seen that. Went with the steel because I didn't think the OG ECTuner would play well with the carbon fiber.
SMM48
AG
Proof research. Accurate.
agsalaska
AG
1981 Browning Hi Power. Belgium.

The more I shoot stuff like this the less I see the appeal of anything sold at Academy today. Shot it 100 times today and it is a peach.
highvelocity
AG
very nice! i have a 1979 i inherited from my great grandfather. its one of my favorite pieces, never fired it.
Breggy Popup
AG
That thing is gorgeous!
agsalaska
AG
highvelocity said:

very nice! i have a 1979 i inherited from my great grandfather. its one of my favorite pieces, never fired it.

My aging uncle gave it to me for Christmas. Not sure if he was the original owner but probably. He had it for a long time.

And yes it is gorgeous.
BenderRodriguez
AG
jackie childs
agsalaska said:

1981 Browning Hi Power. Belgium.

The more I shoot stuff like this the less I see the appeal of anything sold at Academy today. Shot it 100 times today and it is a peach.

beautiful gun and even more awesome that it's staying within your family.

as a side note, am i the only one who sees a Browning and thinks of Axel Foley?
Daddy-O5
AG
AGricola08
AG
This a FAL or CETME/G3?
BenderRodriguez
AG
AGricola08 said:

This a FAL or CETME/G3?

G3 clone.

This beings me up to 6 roller delayed guns I think?

Its a disease.
08N.Ftw.Ag
AG
Month late, but finally got everything rigged up. Super stoked for some ETX whitetail next year and piggin until then…Sig Cross 308, Rudolph glass, AGM Rattler clip on, TX Strap

AGricola08
AG
Very cool. I recently acquired a CETME L ( 5.56) cetme (Spaniards) and H&K teamed up to design the cetme and ultimately led to the G3. The 556 version came later. Jealous of your .308 clone
dsvogel05
AG
Nice choice on the rifle. I've got the same thing in 6.5. it was picky with ammo and ended up grouping the best with Sig ammo.
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
New to me German K98k. This one is pretty special. Very early pre-war date, walnut (tiger striped) stock, Luftwaffe stamps, and in really good shape overall.

Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
TheVarian
AG
Good lord that is sexy
highvelocity
AG
Got the spicy ***** set back up

Breggy Popup
AG
Hey hv, thanks for the rec on the BPG covers. They are seriously heavy duty!
highvelocity
AG
You're welcome! They're great, I've got a dozen of them. Best one I've used!
Credible Source
AG
Oh **** yeah that IS spicy.
highvelocity
AG
Installed a super scar trigger this evening and added the Cgs group Helios ti on there I just got out of jail. We'll see how big she barks in the morning
chilidogfood
AG
Thanks @EyeGuy for the new shooting iron. (Tikka T3X .308) He was able to hook me up in a hurry when other vendors couldn't. 10/10, would recommend.

Dropped a couple doe and couple pigs over the weekend.

BenderRodriguez
AG

Gen 1 Galil Ace, 13" 5.56, takes OG rock and lock galil mags. Plastic grip delete, RS Regulate rail, KNS piston.

and an LMT Mars-L on bottom. Fully ambidextrous lower, monolithic upper receiver. Probably going to sbr it and switch over to the 12" piston barrel and since it has the monolithic upper, it should be a great night time gun.
javajaws
AG
That LMT would look sweet as an SBR - that long barrel looks like a puppy when their legs have outgrown their body lol. Good luck on the upcoming multi-year wait from the ATF though...
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
That galil is the bees knees. Blue star for you.
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
BenderRodriguez
AG
Red Pear Realty said:

That galil is the bees knees. Blue star for you.

The LMT is objectively better in every way, but I'm much more excited about the galil.
highvelocity
AG
where did you find the LMT? I'm starting to get an itch for an AR10
BenderRodriguez
AG
Got it used online. It also came with a spare 20" barrel NIB. Was a pretty good deal.

I have the rifle length upper coming for it, going to swap over to it for now with the 16/20 barrels. Cqb upper length will be nice if I decide to sbr and go shorter later.

Dwilson will also convert any barrel for use with the Mars upper, which is neat. This one might be a pretty deep rabbit hole.
lexofer
AG
Not trying to steal Bender's thunder but I just got the e-mail that my Galil was ready. It's a Gen II, which I don't think looks as cool as the Gen I but it has a few practical improvements and since this is for AK matches I went with the Gen II.

Dissident Arms Galil rACE Elite in 5.56

Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
Blue star for you too
BenderRodriguez
AG
Not stealing thunder at all! Love it.

Went with the r&l mags since I'm already sitting on a Micro and SAR kits that are getting built this year. I like having more than one gun per magazine type I have to stock up on.
TresPuertas
AG
the beginning of my pig sticker project. after my M1A i decided i wanted to put together my own version of that rifle. I'm still a ways away on this one and will post pics when it all gets together
CrocsAg20
AG
Seeing this is making me think bad things… want one in 545x39
javajaws
AG
I guess this is new...bought the receiver set a year or so ago but just got all the parts this week and built this afternoon. Need to decide what scope to put on it now.

Aero M5 receiver/handguard set
JP LMOS bolt
JP 18" Supermatch .308 w/headspaced bolt
SLR adjustable gas block
JP Silent capture buffer
Magpul PRS Lite stock
Ergo grip
Triggertech Adaptable trigger
Geissele charging handle
Radian safety

vmiaptetr
AG
Picked this one up from our site sponsor, TheEyeGuy

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.