Outdoors
Sponsored by

*****New Gun Day*****

117,398 Views | 685 Replies | Last: 8 days ago by gravitartx
bam02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Todd 02 said:

BTHO Leukemia Lane!

Heck yeah! Congratulations!
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
Todd 02 said:

BTHO Leukemia Lane!

Ditto. Kick cancers ace dude!
SMM48
AG
Congratulations
agsalaska
AG
agsalaska said:

Yes!! p239 in 9mm.

Pretty sure I'm going to like it. A lot.

So I took my wife this evening to shoot it. Hands down without a doubt no question about it the best she has ever shot a semi automatic handgun.

Normally when she goes with me she will shoot the Glock 19 or another semi a little and then just shoot the revolvers. But today she kept going back to the Sig. She was shooting very competent groups all the way out to 25 yards. The DA trigger pull on the first shot didnt seem to phase her probably because she is a decent revolver shooter. Add to that the SA follow up and the easy decocker and she was all about it.

She told me on the way home to replace the Glock in our day safe with the Sig. Done.
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.

Elko is a loser and we will be buying him out for some obscene amount of money in two years. - Agsalaska

ldg397
AG
Wait until June and Sig normally has a Father's Day special on their custom shop services. Get that p239 da trigger adjusted. I had one done it was great. It smooths and lightens both the da and sa pull.
agsalaska
AG
Thanks. I will watch for that
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.

Elko is a loser and we will be buying him out for some obscene amount of money in two years. - Agsalaska

videoag98
AG
Wife liked the Hellcat Pro we rented at the range, so we got her one this weekend. A little bummed we missed Springfields Gear Up promotion, (Send off for 3 additional mags and a range bag) It expired Sept 30. Purchased the gun this Sat, Oct 1. Figures. Maybe they will extend the offer.

BCStalk
Still my favorite carry. The P365 Macro is starting to grow on me, but I like the feel of the Pro a little better.
Green2Maroon
AG
Went to a gun show this weekend. They had a couple Kimber K6S revolvers there and I was tempted. At least one was the target model with the 4" barrel. I've never owned a revolver and this looks like it could be a hell of a setup. Just pretty expensive at around $950. Anyone have any experience with Kimber revolvers? I really like my Classic Select Grade .280AI.
agsalaska
AG
I have not bought one yet but I own a lot of revolvers and have a lot of experience with them. In handling the Kimber I can say without a doubt that it is a really slick gun and in the revolver world you are getting what you pay for.

The 4inch is an ideal length for a .357/38. It would be a great purchase for your first revolver.

And, also, be careful. One revolver may lead to 20. I went from about 2007 to 2021 without buying a semi automatic handgun. But revolvers seemed to magically appear in my gun safe several times a year. When I got into revolvers I completely lost interest in semis. Only recently has that changed.

SuperAg05
AG
The firstborn decided he wanted to join his pops out hunting this year, so it seemed a 243 was in order for the occasion.

SMM48
AG
Nice!
BSD
AG
New 8.6 SBR and silencer just arrived. Gotta wait for the stamps now…

Post removed:
by user
agsalaska
AG
Sig p220. Got it last weekend and it shoots fantastic. Unfortunately one of the magazines is a little stiff and doesn't like +1.

That gives me the 220, 226, and 239. I may be selling my Glocks.

I really like buying guns in parking lots off of I35

dr_boogs
AG
Fellow Sig fan here. Have you tried the P365 or XL? I moved to the XL from a P938 and have been pleased w the move. Did a trigger and spring job on it from Mocarbo and the pull, break, and reset are nails.
agsalaska
AG
Thought about it. But I am pretty happy with my two carry options right now(Kahr K9 and Ruger LCR). I prefer a DAO or DA/SA setup for carry. I have not shot a 365 but held a couple and read countless reviews on them. Great guns.

My next Sig is going to be either a P228 or another P226.

cupofjoe04
AG
SuperAg05 said:

The firstborn decided he wanted to join his pops out hunting this year, so it seemed a 243 was in order for the occasion.

Is it the XP Compact? Do you mind sharing how it shoots? I'm in the similar market.
dr_boogs
AG
Check out the Savage axis II compact/youth for a starter rifle. I went that route a couple of years ago in a 7-08. Impressed w the quality and accuracy of the rifle for the money.
Mr. Dubi

Picked up a Shield Plus Optics Ready. I put 232 round through it today.
cledus6150
AG
New to me Remington 700 classic in 257 roberts and Remington 1100 12ga. I'll be stealing the wood of off the1100 and putting on my other 1100 which was my first gun.
Bazooka Joe
AG
Those are pretty guns. My 1100 that I sold cord wood to buy when I was 14 is still the apple of my eye.
gravitartx
AG
Picked this up over the weekend. Got it for a really good deal, now I need to switch my truck pistol to a Glock so the mags match. Can't wait to shoot it
AgLA06
AG
That doesn't look like the PC carbine. What is it?
gravitartx
AG
Its a PC Charger, pistol version of the carbine. Still 9mm
JohnnyShotgun
gravitartx said:

Picked this up over the weekend. Got it for a really good deal, now I need to switch my truck pistol to a Glock so the mags match. Can't wait to shoot it

What little hand guard is that up front? I need something like that for my AR9 pistol.
agsalaska
AG
I know where a lot of .257 Roberts ammo is

cledus6150
AG
Oh really, luckily I will be ordering brass shortly. My dad has some pet loads for his bob that we will be running, they have the 115tsx about 2950!
Todd 02
AG
Late adding this one. I'm one of only 50 or so Ags from the OB that found this deal on Academy.com.

Paired with a Muddy River Tactical holster.
gravitartx
AG
The hand stop is this:

https://www.opticsplanet.com/leapers-utg-ultra-slim-m-lok-handstop.html

The hand guard is specific to the gun, I don't think you can put it on and ar platform
agsalaska
AG
cledus6150 said:

Oh really, luckily I will be ordering brass shortly. My dad has some pet loads for his bob that we will be running, they have the 115tsx about 2950!
There is a shop in Bell County that has a couple of cases of Remington Core Lokt and Hornady White Tail +p. I turned another Texag member on to them several months ago and he got himself a good supply. I would buy it all but I have enough to feed my Ruger for a lifetime.

Let me know if you are interested.

JohnnyShotgun
M-Lok is M-Lok and should fit with no issues. Thanks for the link.
cledus6150
AG
Had a buddy that had this in his safe and decided he wasn't gunna go to africa anytime soon. So I picked this 416 Ruger and a box of ammo up for a steal!
highvelocity
AG
New utility banger

highvelocity
AG
Found a good one over the weekend

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.