Outdoors
Sponsored by

*****New Gun Day*****

117,408 Views | 685 Replies | Last: 8 days ago by gravitartx
BenderRodriguez
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
jellycheese said:

Needs some spray paint.

100% a possibility
highvelocity
AG
part of me wishes i had not bought a sig rattler SBR in 300 as i would much prefer a bolt gun to the sig.

thinking out loud - i could sell the SBR to an FFL, technically?
tandy miller
AG
Could you not put a brace or 16" bbl on it?
tandy miller
AG
Or did you buy it as an SBR
BenderRodriguez
AG
highvelocity said:

part of me wishes i had not bought a sig rattler SBR in 300 as i would much prefer a bolt gun to the sig.

thinking out loud - i could sell the SBR to an FFL, technically?

I love my MCX too…its what made me want this gun since its a great 300blk shooter.

I know you can remove sbrs you made from the registry, but dont think you can with a factory sbr. Could even sell to an individual via a fll still.

They both have their roles. Keep the rattler and buy a mini fix.
highvelocity
AG
I bought it as a factory SBR
gibberish
AG
BenderRodriguez said:

tandy miller said:

Beautiful
*cries in poor*

If it makes you feel better, I sold a couple guns to pay for this one, including a Dan Wesson.
Oh the horror!
BenderRodriguez
AG
gibberish said:

Oh the horror!

I did hesitate a touch. But I dont shoot it, or carry it, so it got sold for something I'll use.

Dave Ramsey has his debt snowball, I have a gun snowball. I admire the guys who never make a wrong purchase and keep all their guns forever, but when a gun doesn't end up getting used as much as I thought when I bought it, it goes into the "ill sell this if something else I want comes along" pile.

The number of guns I actually own is lower than most people would probably guess, but I enjoyed that DW while I owned it and now another Aggie gets to enjoy it while I got extra funds for this, so alls well that ends well.

(Should I put a D60 in the magwell just to make peoples eyes really twitch?)
highvelocity
AG
of course i just found a fix in 308 that i'm trying to make a deal on

damn you bender.
JeremiahJohnson
AG
Shame he will never make a lefty Fix. I have asked 100 times. I am going to have to build a JTAC Owl, Pork Sword, or something similar.
https://jtacindustries.com/screech-owl-700-chassis/
BenderRodriguez
AG
JeremiahJohnson said:

Shame he will never make a lefty Fix. I have asked 100 times. I am going to have to build a JTAC Owl, Pork Sword, or something similar.
https://jtacindustries.com/screech-owl-700-chassis/

Im left handed. THe elf owl was high on my list. Looked at pork swords but they're oos and backordered.

Modern mini chassis bolt guns are interesting. Im glad theres lots of options out there.
highvelocity
AG
I reserved one of their integral builds. Never pulled the trigger bc I didn't wanna pay 4 grand for something I had to wait on to take home
JeremiahJohnson
AG
I am planning on just buying a Chassis and building it myself. That way I can just piece meal it when the parts come in. I think a Defiance Tenacity action would be perfect for it.
SMM48
AG
LMT 762 13.5 inch stainless. Slinging that lead. Not bad for a 13.5.

highvelocity
AG
I'm getting a 308 fix tomorrow. Damn you bender
highvelocity
AG
How do you like the LMT?

This is kinda what I'm looking for when I get back into the ar10 platform
SMM48
AG
Solid. You'll have to piece it together. Bought the complete Lower in Feb. Upper Monolithic Receiver in July. 13.5 in Stainless LTW barrel last week. Original Barrel i was looking for was their 16in Piston 762 Barrel. It came available last week and snagged it before sold out.

Swapped out trigger on lower, should have given the LMT trigger a go before swapping out for SSA-E,

Went to range to zero and chrono. Very nice. The stainless barrel 5R barrel was grouping great for what it is, a battle rifle.

Bossfirearms in college station can source everything. So can TitanDefense and V1 Tactical.

All things LMT i go with either Boss or TitanDefense.

Depending on your muzzle device, you might be able to get 16inches from the 13.5 barrel. The 13.5 Barrel with the Surefire Three Prong comes in right at 15 7/8. Need to find a spacer to get it to 16 for a pin and weld or I may just SBR the lower and be done with it.

No time like the present to get it started.

https://www.titandefense.com/m7da4.html
CactusThomas
AG
SMM48 said:

The stainless barrel 5R barrel was grouping great for what it is, a battle rifle.

What do you mean by this? How does it group?
SMM48
AG
.75 ish. Holes in holes. Stainless barrel with 5R cut. Not chrome lined.
08N.Ftw.Ag
AG
Nice! how was the sound with the can? Hearing safe for hunting ? I have a similar setup I plan to use for hog hunting. 12.5" 308 suppressed with the fusion msr round. Encouraging to see those velocities…
SMM48
AG
safe for who? LOL. No its a 13.5 inch short barrel 308 gas gun its gonna be loud without ear pro... now that being said I shoot from the right side of the gun so the BCG Port is right in front of my nose.....but its still not hearing safe imo for a right hander...folks need to protect their hearing anyway....folks need ear pro while hunting.

Currently run MSA Sordins, turn them all the way up so they amplify night sounds. folks only have to whisper and they can be heard.

Loudness is last on my list of Can Needs. Flash suppression is number 1 for me.
highvelocity
AG
Heh
agsalaska
AG
Yes!! p239 in 9mm.

Pretty sure I'm going to like it. A lot.

The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.

Elko is a loser and we will be buying him out for some obscene amount of money in two years. - Agsalaska

Watchful Ag
AG
What model ear pro are you using?
SMM48
AG
MSA Sordin Pro w/ Neckband.

Find that they are more comfortable without the thick headband going over your head.

you can also find them on amazon

https://srstactical.com/msa-sordin-supreme-pro-x-neckband-hearing-protection-headset.html

https://www.sordin.com/products/sordinsupreme-prox-neckbandgreen

SMM48
AG
Sweet Fix
CREAg87
AG
Been thinking about selling my Springfield and Diamondback for a high-end AR and these latest posts aren't helping
Keep your rifle by your side
highvelocity
AG
Gonna slap the thermal and Hyperion on it this weekend to thin out our doe population and smack some yotes
gibberish
AG
BenderRodriguez said:

(Should I put a D60 in the magwell just to make peoples eyes really twitch?)

Don't tease us with a good time.
highvelocity
AG
This mount I already had turned out to look pretty good
Post removed:
by user
highvelocity
AG
Burnproofgear

Use code dkemp - I think it saves you 15%
Post removed:
by user
highvelocity
AG
Yep, I have a half dozen of them. Very pleased with how long and well they've held up
Todd 02
AG

BTHO Leukemia Lane!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.