Outdoors
Sponsored by

*****New Gun Day*****

108,601 Views | 674 Replies | Last: 15 days ago by Breggy Popup
El Chupacabra
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I've had a Dagger and 2 pistol lowers at the FFL since June 20. He hasn't been available and might not be for another week.

Dagger is gonna be beat to crap to test it out then it'll go in my truck. I have a 10.5 upper for one of the lowers ready to go.

New gun day should have been almost 2 weeks ago.
agsalaska
AG
Got this K9 this week. I had a K40 for years but sold it in here specifically to get the 9. Two years later I finally found one.

Shoots great. Shopping for a holster as I type this.
sonnysixkiller
AG
Nice pistol l bought the k40 from you in Killeen brought it back to the house put it in my safe and have never fired it would like to sell it to make room.
agsalaska
AG
sonnysixkiller said:

Nice pistol l bought the k40 from you in Killeen brought it back to the house put it in my safe and have never fired it would like to sell it to make room.
Howdy!

I can vouch for that K40. It is a hammer. I bought it in 2007 in Alaska and carried it off and on for a long time in both Anchorage and Vegas. The only reason I got rid of it was it was too snappy for my wife to make quality follow up shots. I thought it shot like a dream, but any .40 is too snappy for her.

My wife doesn't need to be able to handle my range toys, but she needs to be proficient with my carry guns and me hers. I've been carrying a couple of different J - Frames ever since I sold it to you but will be carrying this Kahr as soon as the holster comes in.

For anyone that would be interested, Kahr pistols, especially their steel pistols, are badass.
javajaws
AG
Finally got this one put together today. Thanks to some honey dos though no chance to get it tuned in today.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Ben Franklin
aggiesundevil4
AG
Can you share details? I love that camo…self/custom or purchased from a store?
rally-cap
AG
aggiesundevil4 said:

IIRC it is an Aero Precision monthly set. They do new builder's set every month with different cerakote patterns.
CREAg87
AG
I just got the Strike Eagle as well
Keep your rifle by your side
javajaws
AG
aggiesundevil4 said:

Yeah that was from one of the Aero monthly builder kits. Every month they release a different pattern/finish in limited numbers.

Other major parts: Rainier Arms 16" .223 wylde Ultramatch barrel stainless/nitride, Triggertech competitive trigger, SLR adj gas block, Wilson combat lightweight BCG, JP silent capture buffer/spring, Radian charge handle and safety, SOLGW NOX Keymo flash hider.
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Ben Franklin
Cromagnum
AG
New Beretta 1301 with Langdon setup and an Aimpoint T2. Pay no mind to position of irons vs the RDS. I have not had range time with the gun to properly sight it in.

Breggy Popup
AG
Fun gun to put my 22 can on when it gets out of jail!

RK
AG
Those guns are fun. I just put a tandemkross grip and charging ring in mine along with a cheap red dot.
BCStalk
Love the Ruger 22/45. I have Volquartsen internals internals which make the gun even more fun.
Breggy Popup
AG
I'll play around with upgrades and optics later. I am hoping between this and the SW Model 63 I can get my kids and maybe my wife to go have fun at the range with me.

I got my wife to go once with me about 22 years ago with a couple we were friends with. Before my wife ever touched a firearm the other female's pistol detonated out of battery and blew a hole in her (the other female) hand. It's taken this long (plus my kids showing interest) for her to start thinking about going back.
RK
AG
My son loves to shoot it.
cledus6150
AG
Today was expensive….

cledus6150
AG
Also I picked up a new bolt gun….

Green2Maroon
AG
Christensen Arms? That looks pretty dope.
cledus6150
AG
Close, it is a Proof Elevation in 300wm.
Green2Maroon
AG
Do you think it's worth getting for $3k? I've never spent that much on a gun.
cledus6150
AG
I beat the 3k price by a couple hundred but after toting a weatherby accumark mkV in 300wby around and other heavy rifles. I think it is 100% worth it. Also unlike most all of my guns where I change triggers or something, this gun is good to go as is! I don't have to change anything on it all I have to do is slap a scope on it! Also since it is made on the Zermatt action it is very easy to do a barrel swap for another LA caliber and proof makes pre-fits for it!
Green2Maroon
AG
I had a .300wby mark 5 accumark too for like 5 years. Heavy telephone pole of a rifle and kicked like hell! I bought a Kimber Classic .280ai after I sold it. Really like the 280, just need to develop an accurate load.
tandy miller
AG
Does this count? Will put a LPVO on and probably SBR my other lower so it can have a dedicated home. Got from a fellow TA'er

Meet Grenderella
FJB
VegasAg98
AG
Desert Tech SRSA2 Covert 18" 6.5 CM
El Chupacabra
tandy miller said:

Does this count? Will put a LPVO on and probably SBR my other lower so it can have a dedicated home. Got from a fellow TA'er

Meet Grenderella

You shot that yet? I finally got my stuff in and shot a 10.5 556 with the flash can from PSA. Very different sound and substantially more recoil than with just a regular old flash hider. My 6arc with 110 grain maxed out reloads kicks less than the 10.5 w flash can. (Not that it's much of a recoil to begin with)
VegasAg98
AG
A few recent ones
ttha_aggie_09
ttha_aggie_09
AG
How far you stretch the legs out?
highvelocity
AG
You need some slings
highvelocity
AG
New pig sticker

ttha_aggie_09
AG
Looks dirty! What's the rail/attachment on the side in the first picture for?
Cromagnum
AG
Shot the 1301 today to dial in the red dot sight. Didn't have any low recoil slugs so had to use the full power ones. 1560 FPS on a very light gun gets pretty sporty. Shot a couple of low recoil 00 buck when nobody was looking at the end and those were like butter.
highvelocity
AG
Shell holder

We'll see how she does down range
ttha_aggie_09
VegasAg98
AG
ttha_aggie_09 said:

How far you stretch the legs out?

1000 yds with three SRSA2. 18" CM. Looking for a 22.5". 308 Proof switch barrel then I might something with much more punch.

The only thing is I don't ever get chance to hunt bigger game and my range only goes to 1000 yds.

Thinking of a 280 AI just in case I ever get a chance to hunt something bigger.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.