Outdoors
Sponsored by

*****New Gun Day*****

117,387 Views | 685 Replies | Last: 8 days ago by gravitartx
HossAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
swampstander
AG
Picked up this Mossy Maverick 88 the other day as a budget home defense weapon. I took it out to the ranch yesterday to break it in and shot about 20 rounds. Ill start with the negatives. The bead sight actually extended into the barrel a little ways. I had to take it off and file it a bit. Also there is a strange flaw in the receiver finish. As for the good it is light and handy and seems well built but just a little rough. It throws a decent pattern. The left target was two shots of 00 buck, the right one round of #6 heavy game load both at 30 feet. The hog i snuck to within about 25 yards and gave him one round of 00 buck to the head/ neck.

I purchased the GG&G Sling/Flashlight Mount and it's an epic failure. First it doesn't make sense because the flashlight gets in the way of the sling because they are on the same side. The inertia from the flashlight after 20 rounds caused it to bend outward pointing the light off to the side. I will be looking for other solutions, possibly a single point sling mount and something sturdier for the weapon light.

suburban cowboy
AG
not to derail because epic thread, but which image upload platform are you guys using if you don't have stars
DatTallArchitect
AG
Most people use Imgur
aggiec05
AG
Been longing for a Staccato C2 DPO! Loved the C when they brought out the C2 I knew I wanted one. Finally found a gently used one in DFW this weekend I convinced myself not to pass on.
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
DatTallArchitect
AG
Reminds me of shooting my friend's 45-70 pistol. A lot of fun!
JeremiahJohnson
AG
6mm Dasher I pieced together today. Just waiting on a couple things to finish!
Aggieangler93
AG
My most recent one is a Browning A5 Ultimate 12 ga. It is one smooth sweet shooting dove/skeet killer. It is also the first gun I have ever owned that I believe is actually fit to me. That makes it worth it's weight in gold.
Class of '93 - proud Dad of a '22 grad and a '26 student!
AGricola08
AG
Love the 500s. Have the 8 inch and the 3 inch snubby!
javajaws
AG
Now I need to pay Uncle Sam the right to put a stock on it.

West Texan
AG

Picked this up today. It's my first 1911, so I decided to keep it simple and go with an entry model.
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
Oh joy. I'll have one in a couple weeks to showcase. Not as cool as some of these though but my entry to the AR world so I'm excited.
Post removed:
by user
agsalaska
AG
So that middle one is basically a big wadcutter?

I bet that will put a big hole in just about anything.
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.

Elko is a loser and we will be buying him out for some obscene amount of money in two years. - Agsalaska

highvelocity
AG
Happy birthday to me

Owner of Texas Strap Company use code TEXAGS for 15% off
www.txstrapco.com

Sales Director for BCA Firearms
www.bcafirearmstx.com
BenderRodriguez
AG
Jealous of the Hyperion! Have one in jail
Post removed:
by user
Aggieangler93
AG
HIghvelocity - How long ago did you put in the papers? I am over a year now waiting on mine. I did get to the range to shoot it today.
highvelocity
AG
Just put a Helios in jail via eform last week. We'll see how long it takes to come back
www.txstrapco.com

www.bcafirearmstx.com
highvelocity
AG
Right at a year from when I ordered to when I was able to put hands on it.
www.txstrapco.com

www.bcafirearmstx.com
Lance in Round Mountain
AG
Palmetto State Armory KS-47 carbine 7.62X39

tk111
AG
Lance in Round Mountain said:

Palmetto State Armory KS-47 carbine 7.62X39

Abomination!!!

I kid. Kind of.
BSD
AG
BenderRodriguez said:

Jealous of the Hyperion! Have one in jail

Have one at home (and Helios Ti). Haven't shot with it yet. Time to buy a new rifle, I guess.
agsalaska
AG
Not new, but I have had this gun for a while and never shot it. That is going to change on Friday. Still trying to decide if I want to replace those grips or not. I have the original grips.

The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.

Elko is a loser and we will be buying him out for some obscene amount of money in two years. - Agsalaska

Lonestar-aught-six
Picked up a new to me Marlin JM stamped 45-70 Gubment today!
BenderRodriguez
AG
Sort of a new gun.

AggieBarstool
agsalaska said:

Not new, but I have had this gun for a while and never shot it. That is going to change on Friday. Still trying to decide if I want to replace those grips or not. I have the original grips.

Love that Python!
AggieBarstool
I may or may not have recently acquired this beaut':

Bazooka Joe
AG
RikkiTikkaTagem said:

Finally got this in, which gave the impetus to update my outdated screen name. Tikka T3x 6.5 creedmoor

Just got the same gun in 7 mag on Friday. Viper pst gen II scope. Waiting for the rings to come in so I can put it together.

Ended the year putting a PST 6.5 Grendel together. It's been an exciting few months in the gun dept.

FYI, found the scope on europtic for $669. Pretty good deal for those in the market.
“The problem with the internet is that one can never trust the accuracy of a quote.” – Abraham Lincoln
ldg397
AG
Bazooka Joe said:

RikkiTikkaTagem said:

Finally got this in, which gave the impetus to update my outdated screen name. Tikka T3x 6.5 creedmoor

Just got the same gun in 7 mag on Friday. Viper pst gen II scope. Waiting for the rings to come in so I can put it together.

Ended the year putting a PST 6.5 Grendel together. It's been an exciting few months in the gun dept.

FYI, found the scope on europtic for $669. Pretty good deal for those in the market.
I have this same gun also. Had it about a year mine really loved the sierra tipped gameking 130's. I put a swaro z3 4-12 BRH on it. I keep meaning to try it suppressed but haven't yet. I also found a 5 round extended mag a Scheel's.
Bazooka Joe
AG
ldg397 said:

Bazooka Joe said:

RikkiTikkaTagem said:

I have this same gun also. Had it about a year mine really loved the sierra tipped gameking 130's. I put a swaro z3 4-12 BRH on it. I keep meaning to try it suppressed but haven't yet. I also found a 5 round extended mag a Scheel's.

I'll be on the lookout for an extended mag too!
Aggieangler93
AG
I got a call from the range today. Not a new gun, but my can gets to come home tomorrow!!! I'm fired up, so to speak.
highvelocity
AG
New cgs Hyperion is mounted up.

PS I'm having a month long sale at tx strap co for our first birthday. 30% off everything! Website is in my signature.
www.txstrapco.com

www.bcafirearmstx.com

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.