Outdoors
Sponsored by

Eyeguy's sunglass blowout and bug a salt buy!

42,391 Views | 301 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by TheEyeGuy
Ark03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TheEyeGuy said:

Ark03 said:

Sasappis said:

Are they in the store yet? I have some time and could get by today before 1.

I'd nelson laugh at this but... yeah. They are here and we are trying to push these things out as fast as possible.
Sorry, I couldn't resist. You did get me my yeti cups before Christmas, even if the ATM logos were crooked.
Bazooka Joe
AG
Can they be picked up now in store? I was planning to get my shades in store.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
Ark03 said:

TheEyeGuy said:

Ark03 said:

Sasappis said:

Are they in the store yet? I have some time and could get by today before 1.

I'd nelson laugh at this but... yeah. They are here and we are trying to push these things out as fast as possible.
Sorry, I couldn't resist. You did get me my yeti cups before Christmas, even if the ATM logos were crooked.
Oh lord... maroon yetis.... the costa order was bad.... yetis were 10x worse. I had no idea what to expect there, at least on the costas now that they are here I can get everything rolling faster.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
Bazooka Joe said:

Can they be picked up now in store? I was planning to get my shades in store.
Yep
streetfighter2012
AG
What are your hours today and tomorrow for pick up?
jabberwalkie09
AG
streetfighter2012 said:

What are your hours today and tomorrow for pick up?

10-7 Tuesday to Friday, 10-5 Saturday
Ragoo
AG
when do you expect to ship out? ie; when is the last day we could swing by if it were to fit in our schedule?
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
Ragoo said:

when do you expect to ship out? ie; when is the last day we could swing by if it were to fit in our schedule?
Honestly, I'm trying to get these out the door today/monday.
Ragoo
AG
TheEyeGuy said:

Ragoo said:

perfect. I will wait.
12th Man Ag
AG
TheEyeGuy said:

Ragoo said:

Are you planning to ship them all? I think I told you I would pick them up, and not sure if I gave you a shipping address.
Bazooka Joe
AG
If you see anybody driving around Houston today wearing shades on a cloudy day, then that may be me. I'm digging the Costas!
TheVarian
AG
EyeGuy,

Any idea as to when you could have the Hudson H9 pistols in store? Really intrigued by these handguns and am curious as to how they feel
munch74
AG
Same question as above...I was going to pick them up, but at this point, I'd just as soon have you ship them. Is that possible?

TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
We'll be going through and calling everyone for pickup tomorrow. When we do, just tell us you want to ship and we'll discuss it, but yes, not a problem.
burtonsnow
AG
Eyeguy did you ever find anything out about the whiskey barrels? I'm interested in those, but couldn't find the thread.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
burtonsnow said:

Eyeguy did you ever find anything out about the whiskey barrels? I'm interested in those, but couldn't find the thread.
Wanting to get the costas out first, so should be open for orders on that Tues.
MexAg05
AG
Are orders all shipped? Just wondering so I know when to expect it. Would hate for it to get lost.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
All are boxed up ready to go, should be picked up by UPS tomorrow.
MexAg05
AG
Great! Thanks
mrsbeer05
AG
Will we get tracking codes?
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
mrsbeer05 said:

Will we get tracking codes?
Let me see what I can do on that.
Finn Maccumhail
AG
TheEyeGuy said:

All are boxed up ready to go, should be picked up by UPS tomorrow.

I don't recall that I gave you a shipping address. If they haven't gone out I can come by and pick up later this week.
Ezra Brooks
AG
Hoping you aren't sending them in some sort of "30 Day Express Mail" route....not needing Next Day Priority or anything but I'm sure hoping they ship fast.
Hewey Calloway
AG
Did they ship?
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
Everything is out the door minus a couple wonky ones that will be out tomorrow. Change of address, UPS software was stupid finding the address, etc. After going through everything, I think everything is in except for 3 backorders and maybe one pair that was misshipped (wrong lens color but I'm digging through the extras trying to make sure I'm not missing something. I forgot how much of a pain costa boxes are to read the exact pair inside plus because of how slight the differences are between the different skus, I had to be the one to go through and sort and pack. Took about 10 hours to get them all sorted but, outside of the outliers, the overwhelming majority have shipped. We'll be calling to remind pickups to come get them tomorrow.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
Just checked tracking, quite a few are out for delivery today.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
Also, I do want to thank everyone for their patience on these. Cool thing going forward with Costa is that all orders are able to be shipped out pretty damned quickly now. It will generally be something where I can have non-store stock in within a few days and get it out the door quickly.

Reflecting back on the order, some things for the future on costa buys:

The negatives:

First off, never open a costa account with a group buy ever again. We had problems with opening the account back when I worked at the eye place and we did here too. Hopefully, I won't ever have to open another account with a group buy, but definitely something to look at.

Second, opening new accounts with group buys during hurricane season is probably a bad idea. This was the first hurricane to ever affect me so I really didn't know how it would fubar a LOT of different things.

Third... I hate working with reps. I much prefer going straight into what we call B2B type ordering scenarios where I place orders directly with the company. That is what is set up with Costa for everything after the initial buy but the first one had an extra uncontrollable human element in between me and Costa proper.

Fourth... oakley.... I'm backing off on that one for now. Originally was wanting to get it up and going next spring but.... I'll revisit it in march or so. I'm a little leery of it right now.

The good:

Our internal shipping has been VASTLY improved. Two years ago, getting this big of an order in and out from fri-tues would never have happened. Getting our shipping setup streamlined has helped us tremendously on that front!

Second, having to consider just how overly complex the way Costa product is setup with an insane number of SKUs compounded with as many pair as we had come in, I think we did pretty damned good on actually getting the right product in. I think I only have to call two people today to say there isn't something quite right with their order.

Third... Rx outside of costa is coming. I want to do this in smaller batches because of how nitpicky this stuff is. I inherited a lensometer from one of my old opticals (they sent us a brand new one and we had a dinosaur that still worked well so they let me have it). However, I am the ONLY person at Texian that can do the inspections on them so I want to be very meticulous in ordering and bringing Rx jobs in. I have some really cool tech available to me that actually exceeds costa Rx in a lot of ways.
txags92
AG
Eyeguy, I have a coworker that may be interested in a Springfield 1911 Range Officer Elite Operator in .45. Do you have any or can you get one, and if so, what price could you do on it?
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
txags92 said:

Eyeguy, I have a coworker that may be interested in a Springfield 1911 Range Officer Elite Operator in .45. Do you have any or can you get one, and if so, what price could you do on it?
Looks like $1025... 999 + tax is paying cash
txags92
AG
Thx. Will send him your way if he decides he wants it.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
txags92 said:

Thx. Will send him your way if he decides he wants it.
Much appreciated!
normaleagle05
AG
TheEyeGuy delivers with a free retainer AND a free Yeti!

BigHead 04
AG
Same here!

Thanks eyeguy love the new shades/yeti/retainer!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
rossuvet12
AG
Thanks Eyeguy!
MexAg05
AG
Thanks so much!!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.