Outdoors
Sponsored by

Best.pinto.beans.ever.....

351,248 Views | 994 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by MoreCushing4thePushing
GurmTsu
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Quote:

Quote:

GurmTsu said:

The Clamato can always be replaced wit Mr & Mrs T's Bold and Spicey Bloody Mary Mix!!!!!

third coast.. said:
hooooly **** game changer.

This was so page 15.
The difference between ZingZang and Mr&MrsT's is, well, it's about the same difference as Page 15 and Page 16.
GurmTsu
Correction... Page 17...
gigemJTH12
AG
IS the bacon diced or do you put the whole strip in there just for flavor?
Tx-Ag2010
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

IS the bacon diced or do you put the whole strip in there just for flavor?

Diced... But why take chances with bacon. Just double it and do both.
gigemJTH12
AG
Touch
gigemJTH12
AG
Wow. They turned out great.

What a recipe! I love the consistency of the broth when they are done. Perfect amount of fat.

The only thing I think I did was add a little too much onion. I love onions but it was almost like equal parts beans and onions in every bite.
gigemJTH12
AG
these beans are ridiculous. on day 3. wow.
Lextextrapper
I just recently tried these beans for a church group lunch at my house and everyone loved them. They all wanted the recipe. These beans are easily my favorite now.
Eliminatus
AG
Got a batch going right now.

Although I do the no-no and add Rotel insead of diced tomatos. I like it that way though. It's s different type of heat than serrano but it mixes well in my opinion. Helps offset it a little for those who don't like it as spicy.

either way thanks again for the recipe. People always love it and I always give credit to you. "Yeah, this guy B-1 has the recipe" He's the best".
SoTxAg
AG
Still good
HumbleAg04
AG
Bump for easy access. Doing some over Memorial weekend. Can't. Wait.
maddiedou
AG
If anybody in the indian lakes area wants to come pick fresh pintos. Be the first to post here and I have a 75 foot row that I will be pulling up tomorrow that you can come pick if you want to do garden work. It would be probably about 10-20 cups. Which is about a 2 gallons of shelled pinto

I have already put up about 40-50 3 cup bags and me my wife and kids aare done with pintos

And we are going to try the recope this year

Fresh pintos are light years ahead of store bought
Aggie_3
Just saw this thread for the first time and am making this tomorrow to go with smoked pork chops!
lurker76
We made a batch last weekend for Mother's Day BBQ. My wofe said it was the best one yet, but it had been months since the last one we made. It's still my favorite pinto recipe, and that comes from a confirmed "soak dry beans overnight and cook 'em slow" believer. I'll take the taste and convenience of this recipe every day.
If you are still on the fence about this, give it a try.
Aggielandma12
AG
so....I send the ol lady to the store to get the ingredients for the best PINTO beans ever. I copied and pasted from the thread and texted. I'm sauting onions, garlic and bacon. Cutting cilantro, tomato, Serrano. Dump in the juice, everything else's, 2 cans of beans......look down at the 2 empty cans of bush BAKED beans..., trying to see if I can somehow salvage them .
RCR06
AG
May end up being really good. I wouldn't mess with it too much and see what happens.
Aggielandma12
AG
I added some beer and apple cider vinegar to make it not so sweet.
Aggie_3
Aggielandma12 said:

so....I send the ol lady to the store to get the ingredients for the best PINTO beans ever. I copied and pasted from the thread and texted. I'm sauting onions, garlic and bacon. Cutting cilantro, tomato, Serrano. Dump in the juice, everything else's, 2 cans of beans......look down at the 2 empty cans of bush BAKED beans..., trying to see if I can somehow salvage them .
Aggie_3
Got all of the ingredients tonight making these to go along with smoked porkchops and cornbread tomorrow afternoon when the wife and I get back from Houston!

What oil has everyone used in their cooking of this
B-1 83
AG
Aggie_3 said:

Got all of the ingredients tonight making these to go along with smoked porkchops and cornbread tomorrow afternoon when the wife and I get back from Houston!

Do it right and the bacon makes all you need.
txags92
AG
I agree, I have never used any oil other than a tiny bit to grease the pot before dropping the bacon, onions, and peppers in to cook.
txags92
AG
DP...and Texags apparently won't let you post the e on the end of saut"ay".
Aggie_3
B-1 83 said:

Aggie_3 said:

Do it right and the bacon makes all you need.

Ok good that's what I figured
Ogre09
AG
Wish y'all would quit bumping this thread. I already bought groceries for the week and now I have to go make a second trip.

I think I'll finally try ursus's trick with the whole jalapeos and see if it comes out mild enough for the kids.
Aggie_3
The fiber is definitely high in this haha I've gone to the bathroom 3 times today already!
Ag_07
AG
Funny this thread was bumped as I bought stuff to make these (for the 3rd time) this week to eat with shrimp taquitos.

It's funny if you google best pinto beans this thread comes up near the top. It's easier for me to google it then to use the search function here.

And FWIW...I've found it helps a ton to drain the beans. If not these end up a bit too soupy.
AgTech88
AG
I was in a hurry and got lazy the other day and tried something that worked great. In place of slicing all the tomatoes/onions/peppers I used 2 containers of the HEB fresh pico de gallo - even though it has some cilantro in it, I got a small container of pre-chopped fresh cilantro to supplement. Finally for the garlic I used minced/chopped garlic - the fresh in the little glass jars. Saved 30 minutes of prep & cleanup and tasted great - no one my house could tell the difference.

And as mentioned above - just go ahead and double or triple the bacon. I suggest using an entire pound package....
B-1 83
AG
Sort of hard to saute those onions and peppers that way, isn't it?
AgTech88
AG
Yes but we noticed no diff in flavor. I started bacon first, then added pico and sauted it in the bacon grease.
Like I said was in hurry and it worked...
Al Bula
AG
I don't wanna reread the whole thread. What's the scoop on using zing Zang instead of Clamato? Clamato worked for me in the past but I sure do love zing zang.
Emotional Support Cobra
AG
Happening today!
HumbleAg04
AG
RPM said:

I don't wanna reread the whole thread. What's the scoop on using zing Zang instead of Clamato? Clamato worked for me in the past but I sure do love zing zang.

Kid is allergic to shellfish so I can't Clamato. Did 2 cups zing zang first time. Spicy. Did 1 cup zing zang and 1 cup V8. Still spicy but a little less so. Works great would recommend if you like heat. Ate it with dinner last night and had some more for breakfast.
Emotional Support Cobra
AG
Enjoying a Bloody Mary with the leftover Clamato while the beans simmer!
strohag
AG
Damn good beans!
Aggie_3
Anyone want to make these with Ghost peppers

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.