Best.pinto.beans.ever.....

aTm2004
How long do you want to ignore this user?
L
AG
Didn't make these, but do have a pot of beans on for dinner tonight. Can't wait. Coupled with the pork shoulder I smoked on Friday, we'll be eating good this week.
2017 World Series Champions - Houston Astros
Stormchaser
V
AG
Had 'em last night with ribs and a corn custard from last year's garden. I think they get better every time we cook them.
CE Lounge Lizzard
H
AG
Making a batch right now to take to Christmas at my MIL's this evening. Unfortunately, I have to substitute jalapeos for the serranos because they can't take heat over there. I can usually get my MIL to flip me off when I ask her what it was like growing up in Wisconsin (even though she was born in San Antonio & grew up south of Highway 90.)

Thanks for the recipe B-1 and Merry Christmas TexAgs Outdoor Board.
Scan Man
A
AG
Made the beans tonight for Christmas Eve (with tamales), they were every bit as good as advertised. Will make again.
aggieorbitalwelder
A
I made a pot this morning sub in spicy v8 for calmato
RPM
L
AG
Made it again tonight. I had to look up this thread again because I didn't pay attention to the peppers. I threw in 4 Serranos as I guess I have normally have because that's what the recipe calls for but it blew my wife and mother out of the water.

Tasted fine to me.
B-1 83
L
AG
Serranos are like a box of chocolates.....
plowboy1065
L
S
B-1 83 said:

Serranos are like a box of chocolates.....

You never know what you're truly going to get till they exit your butt
85Photon
A
AG
Exceptable substitions for serrano? Jalapeno? Chipotle?
RCR06
A
AG
I usually do two Serranos and two jalapenos. I try and keep the same number of peppers, but will sub jalapenos for serranos.
polksalet12345
A
My wife is going through chemo for second time for a brain tumor. So to offset some of the costs I've decided to work my way through all the pinto recipes and variations in this thread. I made the B1 recipe a couple times and putting Fido on here at midnight. It's a good thing I have this resource, I have a 6-4ish 240ish high school sophomore and he eats like a mongol horde.
All your base
AustinCountyAg
H
Prayers for your family. **** cancer
Aggie_3
CajunAggie
L
AG
Quote:

Prayers for your family.
Ditto. I pray that your wife makes a full recovery.
B-1 83
L
AG
polksalet12345 said:

My wife is going through chemo for second time for a brain tumor. So to offset some of the costs I've decided to work my way through all the pinto recipes and variations in this thread. I made the B1 recipe a couple times and putting Fido on here at midnight. It's a good thing I have this resource, I have a 6-4ish 240ish high school sophomore and he eats like a mongol horde.
Never forget - you are your wife's best advocate. Do your research, and don't hesitate to ask questions.
Www.cancergrace.org
gigemJTH12
L
AG
maroonblood08 said:

A "recipe" for canned beans? Come on guys, really?

Pulled up the recipe for this weekend. This post always cracks me up
polksalet12345
A
I'm starting to have a real problem with Clamato. Maybe it's the hot weather making me crave salt but I could spend $10 a day on the stuff.
All your base
Thunder18
L
AG
Going to make these tomorrow w/ AC's Jerk Chicken.
Thunder18
L
AG
Update: made these tonight per the original recipe on page one along with the Jerk Chicken recipe that Aggie Chemist posted a few years ago...holy smokes everything was great and complimented eachother perfectly. Next time I will do the bacon before the onion, but besides that I have no complaints whatsoever. Great recipe B-1
gigemJTH12
L
AG
I do the bacon and onion in separate pans and then combine everything.

can you link me to the jerk chicken?
Thunder18
L
AG
https://texags.com/forums/34/topics/616283

Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.