GTA VI

36,275 Views | 394 Replies | Last: 6 days ago by jr15aggie
jr15aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Here's a few ludicrous levels of detail that I noticed rewatching the footage on the big screen at home:

  • During the high rise shoot out, Jason takes cover against a wall as guys come out of the elevator. On the edge of the wall is a small metallic corner guard (maybe 2" wide)... even this small strip is reflecting the stuff behind it.
  • During the random quick cuts at the very end there is a redneck cleaning his riffle. On the table are beer bottles at different levels of emptiness... the image of the riffle stock distorts as it passes behind the clear parts of the bottle.
  • During a robbery, Jason pushes a clerk into shelves holding liquor bottles... each bottle wobbles individually and some even fall off the shelf.
Head Ninja In Charge
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It was probably super optimized for the trailer but I didn't notice any real issues with 30FPS on Netflix. A game of this size demo'd on base PS5 looking as good as this does is a straight up miracle of software development.
Lathspell
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm hoping the PS5 Pro version has that option for the higher fidelity at 60fps. Sucks I can't buy this day 1 on PC, so will be stuck playing on my PS5 Pro. This is definitely a day 1 purchase.
jr15aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I think right now best case scenario is getting a 40 fps version on the Pro. So people would need a Pro and a 120 hz screen to take advantage.

The guys that are more plugged in feel that Sony is trying really hard to get some significant Pro upgrades into the game... nothing to announce yet which is why the new footage did not mention anything about the Pro.
jr15aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Digital Foundry's impressions.

Baseball Is Life
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Here is a good video on some of the details that most people will overlook:


Psycho Bunny
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Just saw the 26 minute video on Netflex.

LETS F***ING GOOOOOOOO!!!!

So glad I have 2 weeks off in December. Wifey won't be happy, ill buy her something shiny and she'll get over it.
New slogan for Aggie football.

"abandon all hope, ye who enter here"
tk for tu juan
How long do you want to ignore this user?


AggiEE
How long do you want to ignore this user?
jr15aggie said:

I think right now best case scenario is getting a 40 fps version on the Pro. So people would need a Pro and a 120 hz screen to take advantage.

The guys that are more plugged in feel that Sony is trying really hard to get some significant Pro upgrades into the game... nothing to announce yet which is why the new footage did not mention anything about the Pro.


I think there's some hope for a 60 fps mode on Pro going by other titles like Assasin's Creed Black Flag.


Currently, GTA6 on Base PS5 is running at 1440p 30 FPS....

Quote:

On the base PlayStation 5, Assassin's Creed Black Flag Resynced uses dynamic resolution scaling (DRS) with baseline native targets of 1080p for Performance mode (60 fps), 1280p for Balanced mode (40 fps), and 1440p for Fidelity mode (30 fps) before being temporally reconstructed to 4K.

AgsWin2011
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Well since this will probably be the last GTA made for another 20 years, I imagine they will put out some patches or remastered version for another $80.

And I'll be damned, because I have a PS5 Pro and getting a new Sony Bravia tv delivered next week.
wangus12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I wonder what the download size is gonna be on this thing. Feel like I'm gonna have to clear most of my Xbox lol
Thunderstruck xx
How long do you want to ignore this user?
November 19 can't get here soon enough.
jr15aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Good info on cars.

Most surprising part of the video is that you can buy garages for vehicles, but we won't be buying safe houses (because criminals on the run don't buy properties).

That's an interesting choice. No doubt new safe houses will unlock with the story. So, what then, is the dangling carrot that makes me want to thieve and acquire money?

jr15aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The digital foundry guys are pretty convinced 60 isn't happening. They aren't holding their breath for a 40 fps option either.

I personally always play modern games in performance mode. That being said, Ive been playing GTA V recently at 30 fps fidelity mode... it's fine and you honestly get use to it pretty quick.

I'm sure the Pro will have some noticeable quality of life benefits. Using Cyberpunk as an example, the Pro version has a MUCH cleaner image. Playing on Series X there is frequent noise in the image, especially on metallic items catching light / reflecting. The Pro cleans it up big time and the game looks more like it's on a top end PC.


For me, best case scenario is a 40 fps option with PSSR also giving us a cleaner image.
Thunderstruck xx
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Thunderstruck xx said:

November 19 can't get here soon enough.


I retract my statement. I got a bad feeling about this.

Staff that worked on the past GTA games:


vs



This game is gonna be feminist slop. There were already signs of it in the extended reveal.
Lathspell
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Definitely something I see at larger studios before they start putting out absolute slop that no one likes. I truly believe it's one of the reasons many modern games aren't as good as what games used to offer. Hell, just look at how smaller studios and eastern studios are far outpacing historic larger western studios. The majority of gamers are normal men who's views tend to exist somewhere in the middle. Blue-haired women are not looking for the same things in games as that majority.

Call it correlation or causation, but I definitely notice the number of overweight, blue-haired dykish looking women showing up in these studios before their games underperform and layoffs begin. Hopefully the management at Rockstar maintains a tight leash on most of the woke bull*****

ETA: That group in the first picture looks like every friend group I've been a part of my entire life. I bet I would immediately get a long with all of them and we would be laughing about the same things and appreciate the same things. ie: A group of normal nerdy guys.

That second picture? I bet I would be hard-pressed to find 3 people I would actually want to hang out and game with.
jr15aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This has already been brought up and I feel pretty strongly that it's just click/rage bait for the biggest game ever. I don't believe any of that is a true representation of who Rockstar is.

I do agree that the industry is still saturated with slop... watching the Gamescon stuff showed that there are still way too many girl bosses and too many diverse ensembles that make no sense. Curious to see how God of War and The Witcher fare after telling Luke Skywalker... I mean... Kratos and Geralt to take a seat!

But it feels like GTA is mostly safe for now... even the leaks point to this being the same Rockstar that nailed it with V and RD2.
YouBet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Is this real? How in the world are there that many women and so few men? I know we have data out there now showing women are basically getting all of the jobs these days, but good lord if that's real.
jr15aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Some extra context for the Rockstar employees...

This is a huge company with a dozen different studios around the world. For GTA VI, they legit have had 1 studio (for example) doing nothing but working on NPC motion capture.

Pronoun people can't influence the game if their job is making shrubberies!

If some of their studios look like those pics, doesn't mean they have any major influence on the core game. So far it appears there are still some base Chads making the big decisions.
YouBet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Based on Take Two's documentation, it's still heavily male dominated. Rockstar UK specifically around 80% male based on what I can find online. So these pics may be very misleading.
jr15aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
YouBet said:

Based on Take Two's documentation, it's still heavily male dominated. Rockstar UK specifically around 80% male based on what I can find online. So these pics may be very misleading.


LOL... it's probably their Seattle studio (I have no clue if they have a Seattle studio).
Thunderstruck xx
How long do you want to ignore this user?
jr15aggie said:

Some extra context for the Rockstar employees...

This is a huge company with a dozen different studios around the world. For GTA VI, they legit have had 1 studio (for example) doing nothing but working on NPC motion capture.

Pronoun people can't influence the game if their job is making shrubberies!

If some of their studios look like those pics, doesn't mean they have any major influence on the core game. So far it appears there are still some base Chads making the big decisions.


I really hope you're right! I haven't played any new video games since Arc Raiders. I can't seem to find anything new that's a quality game. Even Arc Raiders has its flaws. The new Halo CE is a prime example.
Lathspell
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
There are still many quality studios putting out high quality games. They just tend to be smaller studios and you have to like those genres of games.

I'm a fan of ARPG's and Path of Exile 2 is releasing 1.0 in December. Amazing a game right now and a dev team that is continually looking to improve.

The Crimson Desert dev team has been constantly supporting their game and listens to their community for updates and changes.

Just throwing those out there because they are fresh in my mind, but there are many others.
AggiEE
How long do you want to ignore this user?
jr15aggie said:

The digital foundry guys are pretty convinced 60 isn't happening. They aren't holding their breath for a 40 fps option either.

I personally always play modern games in performance mode. That being said, Ive been playing GTA V recently at 30 fps fidelity mode... it's fine and you honestly get use to it pretty quick.

I'm sure the Pro will have some noticeable quality of life benefits. Using Cyberpunk as an example, the Pro version has a MUCH cleaner image. Playing on Series X there is frequent noise in the image, especially on metallic items catching light / reflecting. The Pro cleans it up big time and the game looks more like it's on a top end PC.


For me, best case scenario is a 40 fps option with PSSR also giving us a cleaner image.


Digital Foundry is just speculating. I think they also thought Fable would be 30 fps only, but it was recently confirmed to have a 60 fps mode.

I have a hard time believing they can get the game to run on an Xbox Series S, but can't get a 60 fps mode working.

Still, I wouldn't be shocked if Rockstar didn't have it. They seem like a studio that focuses in on a singular vision and doesn't deviate from it. But that's not because it's technically impossible.

As you said though, you adjust to 30 fps and this isn't a twitch heavy game. So I'm OK with it. I just hope that if there's no 60 fps mode that they increase the resolution, use PSSR2 to clean up the clarify and image quality, and have much higher resolution ray tracing.
YouBet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I don't get the obsession and desperation with having a game in 60 fps, but I don't play multiplayer so maybe that's why. But I see guys lose their **** online about a game not being in 60fps and it amuses me. Before I left Xbox, I would see older games where everyone in the reviews were begging the game devs to rerelease games in 60fps.

I've been told before "just get good" and I think that applies here as well.
Lathspell
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
...Because it looks substantially better in 60fps. Going for 60fps games to 30-40 requires an adjustment time.

60fps is objectively much smoother and many gamers would opt for that with Textures set to high instead of 40fps with textures set to Ultra.

It has nothing to do with whether it's multi-player or not.
YouBet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Lathspell said:

...Because it looks substantially better in 60fps. Going for 60fps games to 30-40 requires an adjustment time.

60fps is objectively much smoother and many gamers would opt for that with Textures set to high instead of 40fps with textures set to Ultra.

It has nothing to do with whether it's multi-player or not.


Meh, I don't pay much attention to it. My games look incredible on my PS5 Pro or my PC, so I don't notice it. It's a 4k vs 8k discussion for me.

When it becomes the standard, then great. Until then, I don't get the stress over not having it.
Lathspell
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Thats the point... it's is/was the standard. Then consoles wanted to push closer to PC graphic levels and sacrificed FPS.

60fps had become standard for 1080p before everything went 4k.
YouBet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Lathspell said:

Thats the point... it's is/was the standard. Then consoles wanted to push closer to PC graphic levels and sacrificed FPS.

60fps had become standard for 1080p before everything went 4k.


Huh, I never noticed.
cr0wbar
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Welp - preordered my copy. Base PS5. I can't justify upgrading to a PS5 Pro that *might* push FPS 60. Time to put in PTO like a real nerd
tk for tu juan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Fortunately, my eyes operate at approximately 30 fps like most humans
Lathspell
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
tk for tu juan said:

Fortunately, my eyes operate at approximately 30 fps like most humans

Not true. 60fps is. Anything over 60fps is undetectable to most humans though it can provide benefits for very high level esport level gaming.

There is literally a noticeable difference between 50fps and 60fps.
jr15aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I will agree with that... 30 FPS to 60 is a massive difference.

But I cannot tell any difference (visually) between 60 and 120. I play rocket league at 120 and I can tell there is a very slight improvement in the response time / precision, but visually it looks no different than 60.

A 40 FPS option in GTA would be appreciated for sure, but it's only marginally better than 30.
Lathspell
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
jr15aggie said:

I will agree with that... 30 FPS to 60 is a massive difference.

But I cannot tell any difference (visually) between 60 and 120. I play rocket league at 120 and I can tell there is a very slight improvement in the response time / precision, but visually it looks no different than 60.

A 40 FPS option in GTA would be appreciated for sure, but it's only marginally better than 30.

I literally made that point in my post...
jr15aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

I literally made that point in my post...


And I literally was just agreeing with you.
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.