*****Official Destiny 2 Thread*****

27,072 Views | 351 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Prime0882
kill0509
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Honestly, it's totally doable! I'm an elementary school teacher and so I usually can't play until after dinner time most nights, but I can play more on weekends if it's not basketball season and I'm coaching. I did all the story missions with my buddies from college and then we got plugged in with the TexAgs crew for raids and such. You get through all the storyline, and honestly, after that was when I enjoyed the game the most! 6 man raids where no one knows anything about the raid and you are just running it blind figuring it out as you go! Jumping puzzles with Jack Burton to entertain you with his amazing skills and blazing fast internet speed!

There are so many guys that we have gotten to know over the last 3 years that I probably would have never met because they live across the state, or even the U.S. There are so many that have played this game, and they range from Forrest up in Oregon, to DaKine who was out in Hawaii for a while, to even guys like Prime who just got back from serving overseas. It's a fun crew to run with and there is almost always someone online! It would take me forever to compile a list of the guys that we have run missions with on here! Crud, just finding out that some of the guys are color blind while we are raiding and then hearing fmz stick his foot in his mouth 5 minutes later when he pops off joking that this dude "must be color blind" to which we all just immediately busted out laughing on! Great memories from Destiny and can't wait for Destiny 2!

It's not a true MMO to me, but it is a good mix of an FPS with some MMO and co-op aspects. Not a hard game to just pick up and play for an hour here or there, but the real fun is when you take a week to run a blind raid with buddies who are just as lost on the mechanics of the mission as you are! Jump in to a party chat anytime if you see me on! Or just put TexAgs in a friend request and I'll add you! My PSN is kill0509, same as my TexAgs handle.
kill0509
AG
Almost forgot, for Beezy:

spieg12
AG
You forgot the most important part of the raids. The epic music!!

As a side note, I watched the Vostok map PVP reveal on IGN today and the music was amazing. The left in the song from the iron temple in Destiny 1 and it plays during the first few minutes of the match.
Pac1698
AG
Yep, I noticed that too! I was a huge fan of the Dark blade music when fighting in the sunless cell! I think that was my favorite, but damn there are so many nice pieces of music in the game.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
spieg12 said:

As a side note, I watched the Vostok map PVP reveal on IGN today and the music was amazing. The left in the song from the iron temple in Destiny 1 and it plays during the first few minutes of the match.

I downloaded the beta and you can start it up and sit at the Destiny 2 home screen and listen to the music and it's awesome
spieg12
AG
Welp, I know what I'll be doing tonight.
KidDoc
AG
I preordered the PS4 from amazon due to their price match policy but haven't received a code to activate it on my PS4. Anyone know how to do that or just wait for an email?

Also what would stop someone from pre-ordering to play the beta then cancelling? Asking for a friend.

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Saxsoon
AG
kill0509 said:

Honestly, it's totally doable! I'm an elementary school teacher and so I usually can't play until after dinner time most nights, but I can play more on weekends if it's not basketball season and I'm coaching. I did all the story missions with my buddies from college and then we got plugged in with the TexAgs crew for raids and such. You get through all the storyline, and honestly, after that was when I enjoyed the game the most! 6 man raids where no one knows anything about the raid and you are just running it blind figuring it out as you go! Jumping puzzles with Jack Burton to entertain you with his amazing skills and blazing fast internet speed!

There are so many guys that we have gotten to know over the last 3 years that I probably would have never met because they live across the state, or even the U.S. There are so many that have played this game, and they range from Forrest up in Oregon, to DaKine who was out in Hawaii for a while, to even guys like Prime who just got back from serving overseas. It's a fun crew to run with and there is almost always someone online! It would take me forever to compile a list of the guys that we have run missions with on here! Crud, just finding out that some of the guys are color blind while we are raiding and then hearing fmz stick his foot in his mouth 5 minutes later when he pops off joking that this dude "must be color blind" to which we all just immediately busted out laughing on! Great memories from Destiny and can't wait for Destiny 2!

It's not a true MMO to me, but it is a good mix of an FPS with some MMO and co-op aspects. Not a hard game to just pick up and play for an hour here or there, but the real fun is when you take a week to run a blind raid with buddies who are just as lost on the mechanics of the mission as you are! Jump in to a party chat anytime if you see me on! Or just put TexAgs in a friend request and I'll add you! My PSN is kill0509, same as my TexAgs handle.

Destiny definitely makes me feel a little closer to Texas hanging out with you guys. Washington ain't Texas
Pac1698
AG
I believe Amazon will email you a Beta Access code, then you will need to go to the bungie website and enter the code there. After that, Bungie will send you an email to visit their website to obtain your download code. Take that code and redeem it in the PS store.

My wife actually preordered the game from gamestop for me, but she ordered the wrong version, so I cancelled the preorder (still used the Beta code) and went through the PS store instead. I might have the extra Beta code if your friend wants to give it a try.
Bulldog73
AG
I'm not sure if I get a beta code with my Walmart preorder. Receipt doesn't have it, so if anyone ends up with an extra, I may need to swipe it.
Pac1698
AG
No problem Tmoney, I'll message you the Beta code this evening.
Tex117
AG
Bulldog73 said:

I'm not sure if I get a beta code with my Walmart preorder. Receipt doesn't have it, so if anyone ends up with an extra, I may need to swipe it.
I think you may be able to get it from Bungie.net.

Worth looking into at least.

Regardless...open beta will be only a a few days later.
AGinHI
AG
kill0509 said:

Every now and then I check in to see what y'all are up to and I come across one of these posts.

I had a great time--what little there was--but quit playing because I can't keep up with y'all or everyone else I was competing against that maxed out their character in the first 24 hours.

Y'all were funny, super patient, respectful and accommodating when my son got on--I just didn't like feeling I ruined the game for people, like if you invited me out water skiing and are repeatedly saying, "He's down again,"

"Uh, down again."

So, I moved on to easier games. Just thought I'd say thanks again and y'all are good people.

“We don't have a government of the people, by the people, for the people. We have government of the people, by the bureaucrats, for the bureaucrats.”

-Milton Friedman
slickag2007
AG
Tell me what y'all think. I'm contemplating switching my pre-order from XB1 to PS4 due to several factors. I have several co-workers who play on ps4, and most of my friends don't play on XB1 anymore. It seems like the PS4 community on texags is more active, and lastly the extra content on PS4 versus XB1. I'd hate to lose my characters even though I know it is only cosmetics and a few emblems they will throw out to those of us who have been playing since the last beta.
Bulldog73
AG
Honestly man, you just need to spend more time when I'm on. I'm a lifetime .7 K/D, and also limited for time. You're right though, these guys are a lot of fun, and aside from that jerk, Kill, they've never given me grief for my constant deaths.
Saxsoon
AG
Honestly I would make that switch. Considering the emblems are buried in a character screen anyway and you can't see in a hub like the farm, it seems like the factors work in your favor. Destiny simply is more fun to play with others and I would make that decision even if the Texags xb1 community iwas stronger because you actually know those people. In this case it is just icing on the cake
Bulldog73
AG
The more, the merrier. These are some good guys and there's always someone on. Speaking as one of the worst players of the bunch, theres always someone willing to help out or just to run things with me.
kill0509
AG
I didn't realize Sax was up in Washington! Were you up there through year one of Destiny as well or was this a recent move?

kill0509
AG
I don't remember you being particularly bad! We all have rough nights here and there. On my best days I'm only an average PvP guy. And I just keep Beezy around to take over as runner when I finally get my fill of letting everyone down on a raid with my fails.
Tex117
AG
Do it Slick! Come on over to the Ps4 side.

AginHi, Destiny 2 is the perfect time to come on back and learn with the rest of us. Im the worst PvP player on the damn planet. Im okay in PvE though.

Man, Im getting hype as eff over here for Sept. August is already a long month, this will be awful.\
AGinHI
AG
It took me forever to master those jumping puzzles and I know I was holding people up.
“We don't have a government of the people, by the people, for the people. We have government of the people, by the bureaucrats, for the bureaucrats.”

-Milton Friedman
AGinHI
AG
Bulldog and Tex--I just may return. One of my issues was we were 4-5 hours behind in Hawaii. People were often going to bed when I would get on. Now we're in California.

Definitely considering it now.

-Milton Friedman
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Anybody that's reading this thread and trying to decide if they want to come back, or start playing: Come on in, it's going to be a great ride! The game and this community is awesome!
AggieVictor10
AG
codez:

PS4 (Americas): 3K8B-9EN3-QE3L

Xbox One: 26T67-WJMWH-HVG9F-6FKV6-6MPHZ
spieg12
AG
AGinHI said:

It took me forever to master those jumping puzzles and I know I was holding people up.

Take comfort in knowing you will never be as slow as Jack Burton during jumping puzzles.
spieg12
AG
The music in the title screen is amazing. This has been my tv for the last hour or so.

Charlie Delta
AggieVictor10 said:

codez:

PS4 (Americas): 3K8B-9EN3-QE3L

Xbox One: 26T67-WJMWH-HVG9F-6FKV6-6MPHZ

Those beta codes will work for multiple people?
AggieVictor10
AG
Codes are one time use only. Wanted to share with some fellow Ags.
Less virtue signaling, more vice signaling.

Birds aren’t real.
kill0509
AG
2nd TV next to the 1st TV!! I approve!
KidDoc
AG
I had the Destiny 1 theme on PS4 for a while it works pretty well as far as music and sound. Currently have a Witcher 3 theme but may dig for a Destiny 2 once it launches.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
spieg12
AG
Yea I have the laptop connected to that one. Makes playing Destiny nice since I can have DIM open next to the actual game. Otherwise I'll turn on some baseball or football or whatever else strikes me on it. 55" on the right. 50" on the left.
Saxsoon
AG
kill0509 said:

I didn't realize Sax was up in Washington! Were you up there through year one of Destiny as well or was this a recent move?

I get to add a Husky to my Aggie come the fall when I join UW for my MBA. Been up in Wa since '13. A whole year and a half before Destiny. Destiny definitely was a much needed outlet when I didn't live in the Seattle area and wasn't as connected with friends.

I know I have been out of the loop for awhile, but can't wait to get back to the grind. Been playing Horizon, Persona 5, and the Kingdom Hearts games for the last 6 months. Need to get back to some good shooter action.
Saxsoon
AG
kill0509 said:

I don't remember you being particularly bad! We all have rough nights here and there. On my best days I'm only an average PvP guy. And I just keep Beezy around to take over as runner when I finally get my fill of letting everyone down on a raid with my fails.
I am just a bad PVP player. Felt bad whenever I joined you guys for Iron Bananas
BreNayPop
AG
Iron bananas is when scrubs join up to run in packs and kill solo players... thats how we win
Saxsoon
AG
BreNayPop said:

Iron bananas is when scrubs join up to run in packs and kill solo players... thats how we win
Per DestinyStats, I am in the bottom 20% of K/D. But in the upper 3% of orbs generated.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.