*****Official Destiny 2 Thread*****

27,076 Views | 351 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Prime0882
BreNayPop
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Thats how u win. Bubble strat on zone control with shotgun. 20% of the time, it works every time.
Saxsoon
AG
BreNayPop said:

Thats how u win. Bubble strat on zone control with shotgun. 20% of the time, it works every time.
Except I never did that, so I am not sure how I got so many orbs
BreNayPop
AG
Wanna come play some 6v6 pvp now?
Saxsoon
AG
BreNayPop said:

Nah, I am wrapped up on D1. Trying to finish up Persona 5 before D2 launch. I appreciate it though
Saxsoon
AG
I just realized we could update our usernames. I thought that had to be something staff had to do.

No more having to add this is Sax after a message
KidDoc
AG
I got my beta thing all downloaded. I didn't think it started until this weekend but it says Tuesday July 18th on my PS4.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
kill0509
AG
PS4 gets an earlier start.
Pac1698
AG
Bulldog, I sent you the beta code through the PS4 messenger. Let me know if you got it/need it. If you do not need it, I'll post it here for another Aggie.
Mr.KyleReed
AG
Open beta is when again? I haven't pre-ordered yet. Getting married in Nov. so haven't had much PS4 time lately.
Bulldog73
AG
I'm still holding out hope that Walmart sends it, but I'm really not expecting them to send it.
KidDoc
AG
Mr.KyleReed said:

Open beta is when again? I haven't pre-ordered yet. Getting married in Nov. so haven't had much PS4 time lately.
Tuesday-Sunday this week.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
kill0509
AG
This is partially correct. Open beta starts on the 21st, which is Friday.
KidDoc
AG
kill0509 said:

This is partially correct. Open beta starts on the 21st, which is Friday.
Ah so if you preorder it is Tuesday(on PS4) but anyone can play on the weekend? Trying to get my gaming buddy to buy in.
kill0509
AG
Correct! Preordering just gets you in a couple of days sooner.
Mr.KyleReed
AG
Thanks Kill
spieg12
AG
Start time for beta tomorrow is 10am Pacific for anyone wondering.
Tex117
AG
Marsuvees said:

BreNayPop said:

Nah, I am wrapped up on D1. Trying to finish up Persona 5 before D2 launch. I appreciate it though
Same...Persona 5 is a monster of a game. Im at palace 7 though (been playing it almost exclusively since April).
Saxsoon
AG
I am 70 hours in and just finished the burger okamura palace. This game could definitely use some cutting to make it more reasonable. You could go 10 hours of gameplay before you get to gameplay again.

Still overall a great exp for my first persona but dang

Tex117
AG
Saxsoon said:

I am 70 hours in and just finished the burger okamura palace. This game could definitely use some cutting to make it more reasonable. You could go 10 hours of gameplay before you get to gameplay again.

Still overall a great exp for my first persona but dang

Geesh man, what are you doing?

Im at 70 (literally, just hit 70 hours).

It dragged hard around palace 5 for me. I have accepted the fact that you go hours with just reading text, so I'll eat dinner and just click x. Treat it like a show. Its a nice change of pace, but yeah...Im ready for some pew pew pew.

howdydamnit04
AG
Saxsoon
AG
There is definitely times where the controller is sat down and doing other stuff in the background. Also I have gotten really turned around on some puzzles or in the palace and wandered for a bit until I found a guide
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Under 24 hours until beta release now!
ag_derp
AG
anyone have a ps4 code? im new to destiny scene and wanted to give it a shot. thanks
FightinTexasAg15
AG
The sentinel skill trees might have just been leaked
Mr.KyleReed
AG
Beezy2389
AG
For the PS4 users, I've created the PS4 specific thread that we'll use throughout the year. We'll be playing and discussing the beta over there so feel free to join in if you're interested.

*****Official Destiny 2 PS4 Thread*****
wreckt01
80% of my destiny raiding clan is migrating to pc, but I'll stick with xb1. Will be on online tomorrow for beta and once game is released. Xb gamertag wreckt01
Saxsoon
AG
Oops
kill0509
AG
Less than an hour to go for the beta!!
wee_ag
AG
Looks like Destiny 2 Clans are going live today.

Old Destiny clans look like they will transfer over to D2 but need to be converted from a 'Group' to a 'Clan' by the Founder of the group (That's you Kampfers on XB1)

Quote:

To summarize again, in its current state, your Destiny Clan has been based on a Bungie.net Group. To benefit from the new features that Destiny 2 Clans will enjoy, the Founder of each Group will need to convert to the new Clan structure. When Destiny 2 launches, these Clans will find in-game features to manage their roster. Every member of a Destiny 2 Clan will earn rewards based on the activities of their teammates. Guided Games will enable Clans to welcome reinforcements into their Fireteams to tackle endgame activities. You'll also find a whole suite of Clan management tools on Bungie.net and the Destiny mobile application.

Preparing Clans for Destiny 2
Beezy2389
AG
Texas Aggies clan will have some issues. It's over 100 members and under 50% active clanmates. Admins will need to boot 14 active clan members and a bunch of regular group members to be able to migrate it over to d2.
dcaggie04
AG
Looks like 228 total members in the Texas Aggies group. 55 members in the Texas Aggies67 clan (PSN) and 59 members in the Texas Aggies clan (XB1). I'm not sure how all of this works since only 33 people show up under clan in game for me (XB1).
dcaggie04
AG
The more I read about the clan migration, the more I think that the 100 number they are putting out is just a round number they used to distinguish a "small" group from a "large group". If we just want to change the group to a D2 clan, it can be done without removing anyone.
Beezy2389
AG
I asked on reddit and a bungie employee responded with this.

"A single clan can have 100 members. You join a clan with a game identity, so if I join your clan with my XBL account and my PSN account, I take up two slots, even if I've linked those accounts to a single bnet profile. In D2, you won't need a bungie.net profile to be in a clan anymore, which is a lot of the reason for why this change is the way it is."

So sounds like a hard 100 but i'm not sure if that applies to the Texas Aggies group or the clans within the group

edit: found this...

>>How will the process impact Groups that have two associated Clans?
Group Founders for Groups that have more than one Clan will need to keep the follow information in mind while choosing one of the options for their Group:
  • The chosen option will apply to both Clans and cannot be set separately for the individual Clans
  • The Group Founder must designate Clan Founders for each Clan and each Clan is required to have a different user designated as the Clan Founder
  • The Group Founder can edit the Clan names and designated Clan Founders in the Clan Roster on Bungie.net
koadie
AG
My bad.

Eph: 2:8

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.