*****Official Destiny 2 Thread*****

27,077 Views | 351 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Prime0882
TexasAggie_02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Destiny 2 launches on a Friday.

Xur be like:

dcaggie04
AG
I bet Xur is going to be pissed that Gary destroyed his favorite ramen shop.
howdydamnit04
AG
TexasAggie_02 said:

sounds like strength, intellect and discipline are gone, and everyone has the same cooldowns. i kinda like that. I hated grinding endgame content over and over and over hoping for armor that was int/dis and then finally getting a crap roll when i did get it.
yay!
TheVarian
AG
Little breakdown of the sub classes

FightinTexasAg15
AG
Nice! Really want to know about the captain America subclass. They showed off the new warlock subclass but didn't show much of the titan or hunter.
titanmaster_race
was there anything about a Destiny themed PS4 pro?
Beezy2389
AG
They had one and I assume it'll be available to the public but I think theirs was a giveaway prize or something like that
titanmaster_race
I wonder if it would only be available in a bundle that includes Destiny 2....

I love my Destiny PS4, and would love to get a Destiny 2 PS4 pro.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Excited for the beta whenever it comes out (sometime this summer)
Bryan98
AG
I'm excited as hell. Very pleased that they are replacing self-rez with "Titan fire axes? lol!", since self-rez became semi-mandatory and proactive Radiance was arguably the worst super.

Still Xbox 'til I die. 30fps ain't nothin' new. Warlock Master Race.
slickag2007
AG
I doubt they will be entirely replacing the old subclasses. I don't think that would make any sense from a lore perspective. I imagine that you will start out as the new ones, and then be able to unlock the old ones after finishing the current subclass, or getting to a certain level or what not.
koadie
AG
slickag2007 said:

I doubt they will be entirely replacing the old subclasses. I don't think that would make any sense from a lore perspective. I imagine that you will start out as the new ones, and then be able to unlock the old ones after finishing the current subclass, or getting to a certain level or what not.

Ideally, this would be cool.
Bryan98
AG
slickag2007 said:

Firstly: Lore, lol!

But seriously, we are losing our connection to the Traveler, at least for now. We will be without any Light powers for a while. Part of the trailers make it look like the Traveler is cracked open. In somehow reconnecting to the Light, it would be very logical to say "some things have changed". More logical than the non-explanation they've given everytime they've tweaked the game in the past, anyway.
TexasAggie_02
AG
Bryan98 said:

slickag2007 said:

Firstly: Lore, lol!

But seriously, we are losing our connection to the Traveler, at least for now. We will be without any Light powers for a while. Part of the trailers make it look like the Traveler is cracked open. In somehow reconnecting to the Light, it would be very logical to say "some things have changed". More logical than the non-explanation they've given everytime they've tweaked the game in the past, anyway.
our time without light will probably be just for a few missions.

Deej said during an interview (not sure if he was supposed to spill this or not) but that we head to the European dead zone, where there is a giant shard of the traveler on the ground. you can see it in this screenshot

Since the cabal shield ship thingy at the tower does not enclose this shard, then we will probably gain our new powers from the light within this shard.
titanmaster_race
has that shard always been there? or did it break off during the cabal invasion
TexasAggie_02
AG
titanmaster_race said:

has that shard always been there? or did it break off during the cabal invasion
the traveler has always been damaged on the bottom. it's hinted at in the grimoire, that when the darkness came to earth, the traveler decided to bug out, but rasputin said "not on my watch, b*tch" and pointed earth's defenses at the traveler, weakening him/it and forcing him to stay.

if you go to the tower now, you will see that there is substantial damage to the underside of the sphere.

the traveler has a long history of abandoning the races that its uplifted when the darkness arrives. The Fallen were once blessed with the light.
koadie
AG
Okay based on what you all have seen in the new subclasses, or the redone linebacker for the titan, who are you going to be playing as? I main a hunter, but feel like pole dancer just doesn't look as good as the other two.
Beezy2389
AG
Might have to 1v1 Mid for his texags handle.
titanmaster_race
Beezy2389 said:

Might have to 1v1 Mid for his texags handle.

FightinTexasAg15
AG
As a Titan main, I gotta go Captain America Titan. Super pumped
koadie
AG
Beezy2389 said:

Might have to 1v1 Mid for his texags hand
We'll have to do it in D1 because D2 won't have private matches right off the bat
TheVarian
AG
I wonder if these classes were the "original" classes and with the traveler/light the other three were created...
koadie
AG
TheVarian said:

I wonder if these classes were the "original" classes and with the traveler/light the other three were created...
There is a pretty cool destiny lore podcast called Destiny Ghost Stories that touches on each class and gives an indication on how it kind of began. I actually listened the heck out of it when I first found it. They have this really cool in depth breakdown of the hive shortly after the taken king came out.
titanmaster_race
littlebrotherag said:

TheVarian said:

There is a pretty cool destiny lore podcast called Destiny Ghost Stories that touches on each class and gives an indication on how it kind of began. I actually listened the heck out of it when I first found it. They have this really cool in depth breakdown of the hive shortly after the taken king came out.

I stumbled onto their series about the book of sorrows. Fascinating stuff.
TexasAggie_02
AG
I'll still start out with my warlock. I just started a titan and hunter this past month. I always ran 3 warlocks bc the raid drops were inconsistent and I was obsessed with getting perfect rolls. Now that I am at 400 and D1 is coming to an end, I'm starting over on two characters.

I still have a lot of my year 1 weapons. It's really fun having fatebringer, her supremacy (original queens wrath sniper), and BTRD on a first playthrough.
koadie
AG
titanmaster_race said:

littlebrotherag said:

TheVarian said:

I stumbled onto their series about the book of sorrows. Fascinating stuff.
They just released an episode about D2 gameplay. Pretty good.
TheVarian
AG
Ohhhhhh, what number is that on that podcast?
tamusc
AG
Does anyone else find it incredibly frustrating that you have to listen to an un-affiliated podcast to actually understand the quite interesting backstory for Destiny?
TheVarian
AG
tamusc said:

Does anyone else find it incredibly frustrating that you have to listen to an un-affiliated podcast to actually understand the quite interesting backstory for Destiny?
FightinTexasAg15
AG
I read somewhere that Destiny 2 is doing away with Grimoire and stuff, and putting all the lore and what not in the game
Mr.KyleReed
AG
I've never heard of the podcast. I usually watch Byf's stuff on youtube sometimes. So I just started listening. Really interesting stuff.
koadie
AG
Titans start at episode 5
koadie
AG
Absolutely, but they do a dang good job explaining it.
TexasAggie_02
AG
derekjohnson15 said:

I read somewhere that Destiny 2 is doing away with Grimoire and stuff, and putting all the lore and what not in the game
https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2017/05/21/bungie-is-ditching-grimoire-cards-in-destiny-2/#5ca9741e3d52

Beezy2389
AG
I imagine that'll be like a Codex page from any number of other games

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.