*****Official Destiny 2 Thread*****

27,062 Views | 351 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Prime0882
koadie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm genuinely excited for the beta. The last time I was this pumped to play a beta was for sw battlefront.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
dcaggie04
AG
Beta Information:

July 18 - PlayStation pre-order beta starts
July 19 - Xbox pre-order beta starts
July 21 - Open beta for both console systems starts
July 23 - Console beta ends

PC beta sometime in August.

Beta will be homecoming mission, inverted spire strike, some PvP play (basically everything that is available to play at E3) and some additional content they haven't shown.

Also, console D2 will launch two days earlier than originally announced. Now will be available on September 6th.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Other Notes:

Xbox One X will also be capped at 30 FPS

Ps4 exclusive content will be:
  • Strike - Lake of Shadows
  • PvP Map - Retribution
  • Armor/Guns
  • Shader and Ship
  • Exotic Sniper? - Borealis

Here is an interview with information on the beta and more:

Another interview with Luke Smith (for my titan bubble bros)
Quote:

Instead, with the Sentinel Titan we wanted to have an aggressive support character with battlefield mitigation. You have this shieldlike you can see in the traileryou can run around with the shield and bashyou know, melee, close quarters combatyou can throw the shield like Captain America, and you can also bring up a shield to create a wall that you can walk with.

Also, one of the Sentinel trees actually has the option to, when you cast your super, you can press and hold the super activation and you'll place a Ward of Dawn instead.
TexasAggie_02
AG
so the bad guy is Bane? instead of breaking our backs, he breaks our powers.
titanmaster_race
his mentor is voiced by Skeletor
BreNayPop
AG
So raid tonight?
kill0509
AG
We can raid on Destiny 2??!
titanmaster_race
kill0509 said:

We can raid on Destiny 2??!

I'm so in
BreNayPop
AG
I has the hacks
kill0509
AG
Just preordered Destiny 2 today. I went with the digital version since there is a deal going from June 9th-20th where if you spend $100 worth from your wallet funds, you get a $15 credit on your PSN account. Thanks to pac1698(boomer to those of us on the PSN) for the heads up a week or so ago. The stuff I read said it has to be $100 before taxes and that the credit will be messaged to you on the PS4. Not a big deal for me, but thought it might be a nice heads up for those that watch their emails and don't get on the PS4 very often. Also, might want to make sure you add funds straight to your wallet as I know I sometimes just use my Paypal account. Don't know if that makes a difference at all, I just want to make sure I cover everything for the $15 credit back.
TexasAggie_02
AG
i still can't decide if i want xbox or PC. i'm going to wait until the beta and play it on both before i decide.
Pac1698
AG
I preordered this past weekend (ended up going with the game plus expansions $90 version). I didn't feel like the legendary sword was worth the extra $10. I still needed to spend $10 more for the $15 credit, but I couldn't decide between getting Battlefield 1 or Mass Effect Andromeda (both are on sale). Given that I'm back logged with the Witcher 3, Uncharted 4, Shadow's of Mordor, Metal Gear and the upcoming Destiny 2, I ended up extending my PS plus membership another year (it's $10 off right now).
Beezy2389
AG
Raids will have a new "Death Penalty"

Sounds like no-revives are going away but some debuff or something like that will occur.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Just pre-ordered and super hyped. Beta can't get here fast enough
kill0509
AG
No deaths?!? What the heck Bungie?! What are we gonna do for entertainment then when Jack Burton or fmz have to do a jumping puzzle??
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Also, Rumble will not come back in Destiny 2
Pac1698
AG
I know, or like when some defender Titan (not mentioning any names) decided to drop a bubble (in the center of the plate) when a BA Hunter is about to destroy a wizard with the sleeper.
TexasAggie_02
AG
This interview with Luke Smith does not inspire confidence in me

http://www.pcgamer.com/destiny-2s-luke-smith-on-pc-features-pvp-new-subclasses-and-more/
Quote:

Ghaul seems like a cool new big-bad to introduce in the same way Oryx rocked up for The Taken King and provided the main antagonist. But are we going to learn any more about the core story introduced in Destiny 1, who the Speaker is and where he comes from, what the Darkness is? Are we going to hear from the Exo Stranger? Are those kind of questions going to be answered in Destiny 2?

Not specifically all of those questions. I think some of those questions we've taken off the shelf to look at, and some of those questions we're leaving on the shelf and may never answer. Personally, I think of Destiny 1 as sort of an issue zero in a comic book series. It's about introducing the universe and some characters in it and some statements, but I think we want toand a bunch of those statements were questions. I don't know that we'll answer all of those statements from the first game, and aren't going to attempt to in Destiny 2 either. We're telling a story here with some momentum and I think it's going to show direction and progress for where the arc of Destiny is going to go. And that arc is, for us, really beginning with game two.

Is there a world in which we never find out who the Exo Stranger was talking to on the phone?

Yeah, I mean, there's a world where you never find out anything else about the Exo Stranger, and there's a world where the Exo Stranger is the star of

Destiny 3?

[Laughs] Yeah, there's a world where the Exo Stranger has a cartoon or a comic book series or whatever. With Destiny, we have so many cool opportunities to tell stories in and out of the game. And we have a bunch of characters who are interesting, but the Exo Stranger is one that always makes me chuckle a little bit. Because I feel that's one character where we actually wrapped up the arc. She gave you a sweet gun and then dissolved, presumably off to do something else. So I feel like, of all of our characters we've introduced and exited, we actually exited her effectively. But she always comes up. She always comes up, so there's obviously something to that character that piques people's curiosity.
in what way would anyone think that the Exo Stranger's story arc is complete? She was literally the only thing that was interesting in their mish-mashed attempt of a story at launch (Taken King and Rise of Iron were big leaps forward).
titanmaster_race
that interview makes me angry. a, because no you didn't wrap up that story arc and b, because when has luke smith NOT sounded like an arrogant smarmy *******?
FightinTexasAg15
AG
It's okay, because we're going to want to throw money at the screen
Jack Burton
AG
Jumping Puzzles are the devil
kill0509
AG
Ya know, I made it over 3 years before I killed someone with the bubble. If it's any consolation, I nominated that as a potential new name on the destiny year 3 game thread.
Pac1698
AG
The only other time I remember being killed by a bubble was in year 1 when I dropped into a nightfall. The guys were trying to finish the thorn quest and were at the step where you have to kill Xyor in the summoning pits. I didn't have a head set at the time, so I drop in and started lighting up phogoth with my g-horn and the next thing I know they drop a bubble on me mid fire to prevent me from killing phogoth before Xyor showed up. I felt really bad for almost ruining the bounty and deserved to be bubbled.
slickag2007
AG
I'm contemplating switching consoles. I played Destiny 1 on xbox1, but most of my friends list has either moved to PS4 or dropped off completely. I'm hesitant to switch because i've played everything on xbox and don't want to lose my "destiny 1" status or what not. What do y'all think?
kill0509
AG
We've got a pretty solid crew that still plays on the PS4 for Destiny. You won't be the only one coming from xbox either. Epic started on xbox first, as well. There's supposed be a Destiny 2 console bundle as well if you don't have a PS4 already, but I have no clue what the details will be on it. But the more the merrier! We still have nights where we're looking for one more for a raid and such so we'll always take on more Ags that enjoy playing! Once Destiny 2 drops we should have a LOT more guys back than the dozen or so that still play.
BreNayPop
AG
Why not both?

Works for me...
Pac1698
AG
I made the switch from having both systems to going exclusively PlayStation with the release of the PS4/Xbox One and haven't looked back. Like Kill said, we have a good group of easy going guys in the Texags PlayStation community and would welcome any new players into the group.
slickag2007
AG
I will have both consoles, but i doubt I'll have destiny 2 on both of them. There are too many console exclusives on PS4 for me to not want one. I'm hoping that Bungie comes out and allows people to transfer between consoles if they so choose.
Saxsoon
AG
Jack Burton said:

Jumping Puzzles are the devil
Watching you do them is legitimately one of my favorite Destiny memories

-Saxsoon
Jack Burton
AG
I bet you and Kill are related

Living Legend
AG
tamusc said:

Does anyone else find it incredibly frustrating that you have to listen to an un-affiliated podcast to actually understand the quite interesting backstory for Destiny
whats the name of this podcast?
Tex117
AG
Pac1698 said:

I made the switch from having both systems to going exclusively PlayStation with the release of the PS4/Xbox One and haven't looked back. Like Kill said, we have a good group of easy going guys in the Texags PlayStation community and would welcome any new players into the group.
I will only quantify this with one caveat...Unless you suck....

Sorry for not responding for awhile fellas, caught the ban on the Politics board last week.
tamusc
AG
Living Legend said:

tamusc said:

Does anyone else find it incredibly frustrating that you have to listen to an un-affiliated podcast to actually understand the quite interesting backstory for Destiny
whats the name of this podcast?
https://www.destinyghoststories.com/
kill0509
AG
Man, everybody's catching bans right now!!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.