*****Official Destiny 2 Thread*****

27,102 Views | 351 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Prime0882
FightinTexasAg15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
titanmaster_race said:

was there anything about a Destiny themed PS4 pro?

TheVarian
AG
Might have to jump on the PS4 bandwagon
koadie
AG
FightinTexasAg15 said:

titanmaster_race said:

I'm going to buy that.... it's amazing.

Eph: 2:8
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Destiny 2 IGN PVP Reveal Article

FightinTexasAg15
AG
Today's IGN video: About the story of Destiny 2

FightinTexasAg15
AG
Wednesday's IGN video: The Sentinel Titan

Tex117
AG
The Titan with both offensive and defense capabilities (the bubble returning). Wow....That looks to be a pretty OP class.

Don't care. I main a hunter. Suck it.
TheVarian
AG

Made me chuckle this morning, y'all have a good day!
kill0509
AG
Titan. Master. Race.
Mr.KyleReed
AG
Titans. Aren't. A. Race.

They. Are. A. Class.
koadie
AG
TheVarian said:

Oh my gosh! I was rolling! I'm at work, and I'm trying my hardest not to be obvious.

koadie
AG
Speaking of Titans, I heard you get the bubble still. Is that accurate?

FightinTexasAg15
AG
That is correct. With the Sentinel class, you press the super activation buttons to get the shield, or hold down the buttons to activate the bubble!
FightinTexasAg15
AG
TheVarian said:

Here's another good one that made me laugh

kill0509
AG
Haha, that point has always been in my head but no one thinks about it! Glad it's not just me! I usually channel my inner Inigo Montoya in those moments, but try to stifle it as best I can...

koadie
AG
FightinTexasAg15 said:

That is correct. With the Sentinel class, you press the super activation buttons to get the shield, or hold down the buttons to activate the bubble!

Awesome, one follow-up question. Is it one or the other?

TheVarian
AG
Haha that dude has some great media
kill0509
AG
That's my understanding. I believe it's an either/or choice. If you place a bubble, no shield. If you take a shield, then even if you use it like a mobile barrier for you and your teamates, then the mobile shield is exposed on flanks and from behind, but you can also shield bash/throw the shield. More options, but more vulnerable to attacks versus a permanent bubble. But, I'll let you know in a few days once I'm playing the beta, cause we all know I'll run Titan during the beta!
koadie
AG
kill0509 said:

That's my understanding. I believe it's an either/or choice. If you place a bubble, no shield. If you take a shield, then even if you use it like a mobile barrier for you and your teamates, then the mobile shield is exposed on flanks and from behind, but you can also shield bash/throw the shield. More options, but more vulnerable to attacks versus a permanent bubble. But, I'll let you know in a few days once I'm playing the beta, cause we all know I'll run Titan during the beta!

Thank you sir! I just found out that I'm going to be working in Austin whilst the beta comes out.... sooo I may miss out.. joy.

Beezy2389
AG

Same style of comedy
TheVarian
AG
Too funny. Pretty good photoshop skills doe
titanmaster_race
FightinTexasAg15 said:

titanmaster_race said:

I don't want the bundle, I just want the destiny ps4 pro
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Today's IGN reveal was more PvP. Some videos:

FightinTexasAg15
AG
Also, Destiny 2 beta is available to pre-downlaod from the PS Store. You can claim your beta key from Bungie.net if you ordered from somewhere other than the PS Store!
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Gif of the new "ledge climb" feature. Might save some of us during raids lol

v
KidDoc
AG
Sorry in advance didn't read the 6 prior pages.

I never played the first Destiny but I'm sorta interested in D2 just hard to get information at this stage. I mostly play PS4 with my old high school buddy 2-5 hours a week and we prefer cooperative multiplayer games. The games we have enjoyed thus far are: Diablo 3, Killing Floor 2, Helldivers (I'm sure there are more just drawing a blank)

We don't have tons of free time (wife, kids, work, etc). Is Destiny 2 something that a duo will enjoy even without the unlimited free time of a teen?

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
kill0509
AG
Yeah, I'm still holding off on buying a PS4 pro. Don't have a 4k TV, and that console is similar to the other color options they've had for like the PS3 and such. If it was a true Destiny themed console, I might consider it then. But just a white PS4 pro isn't enough for me to bite the bullet yet.
BreNayPop
AG
As a fellow gen ped (nice private practice and takes call) who also has kids, you can definitely play with that amount of free time. You will be slower to get to end game stuff, but there will be plenty to do. Just the PVE stuff will take a good solid 40 hours of game time to get to level to do a raid, the PVP stuff will likely be able to be played after the first mission.
Tex117
AG
KidDoc said:

I never played the first Destiny but I'm sorta interested in D2 just hard to get information at this stage. I mostly play PS4 with my old high school buddy 2-5 hours a week and we prefer cooperative multiplayer games. The games we have enjoyed thus far are: Diablo 3, Killing Floor 2, Helldivers (I'm sure there are more just drawing a blank)

We don't have tons of free time (wife, kids, work, etc). Is Destiny 2 something that a duo will enjoy even without the unlimited free time of a teen?

Come on in with Destiny 2. It will be fine to duo...but before long, you are going to be up past midnight on a tuesday trying to get past a raid.....but that will come later...

Btw, are we doing a Destiny 2 thread for ps4 users? I nominate Beezy.

Beezy2389
AG
Nomination accepted. I'll put one out closer to the beta.
KidDoc
AG
Tex117 said:

KidDoc said:

Come on in with Destiny 2. It will be fine to duo...but before long, you are going to be up past midnight on a tuesday trying to get past a raid.....but that will come later...

Midnight isn't too bad as I wake up at 7, still prefer to be zzz'ing by 11 for a good 8 hours just because work is demanding especially with medical students to teach.

Anyhow I'll watch some gameplay vids and likely hop in. I played MMO's on PC for years and this looks like a nice MMO lite I can play whenever on PS4.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Saxsoon
AG
I (Saxsoon on PSN) am joining a well regarded evening MBA program in the fall so my Mondays and Wednesdays are going to be shot. Work all day and then class from 6-9:30. At least my company is paying for everything except the taxes.

I will get 3 weeks to play bit just realized that the two weekends prior to class starting are pre school activities. Such ****ty timing
Saxsoon
AG
Maybe I will try to study during load screens and JackBurton trying to attempt the jumping puzzles
koadie
AG
KidDoc said:

Tex117 said:

KidDoc said:

Midnight isn't too bad as I wake up at 7, still prefer to be zzz'ing by 11 for a good 8 hours just because work is demanding especially with medical students to teach.

Anyhow I'll watch some gameplay vids and likely hop in. I played MMO's on PC for years and this looks like a nice MMO lite I can play whenever on PS4.

If that's the case you may wanna wait until the ox version comes out. This is totally an MMO and has he grind, but there's a decent twist to the way it works and feels vs a regular MMO

Tex117
AG
KidDoc said:

Its going to be real fun in Sept! But if the game hooks ya, be prepared for a few late nights with the endgame content with 5 other of your fellow TexAgs running their mouths at the lightning speed of bull sheet and maybe only using Top Gun quotes while watching everyone fail jumping puzzles and/or drinking raids. Its a good time.

The regulars around here have varying degrees (also true in the scholastic sense) of responsibilities from footloose and fancy free to married with kids.

Thanks Beezy! You are the most responsible of us.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.