*****Official Destiny 2 Thread*****

27,055 Views | 351 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Prime0882
TheVarian
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What did everyone think of the Beta?

Also, has there been an Xbox thread started?
BreNayPop
AG
I loved what limited game i saw from the beta... but we shall see how they manipulate supers and heavy. The pve looked amazing tho and i liked a ton of what i saw.

No xbone thread for D2 that i have seen.
KidDoc
AG
I didn't play D1 (was mainly PC until recently) and I enjoyed the solo mission and strike mission. I was just disappointed on how limited the beta was. After an hour or two wasn't much left to play with.

That being said I am keeping my preorder active for sure.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
BreNayPop
AG
You say you're disappointed with content now, but if it is anything like destiny 1 then you will have 40-60 hrs of gameplay prior to raid ability. Then, raid will take 5-10 hrs the first time. Then grind characters 2 and 3. Then pvp/trials/iron banner. Then max light level. Then hard mode raid usually with raise in light level. Then grind to new max light level. Then the next dlc drops.

Repeat steps above x 2 years. Then put out crappy beta and prepare for destiny 3.
KidDoc
AG
BreNayPop said:

You say you're disappointed with content now, but if it is anything like destiny 1 then you will have 40-60 hrs of gameplay prior to raid ability. Then, raid will take 5-10 hrs the first time. Then grind characters 2 and 3. Then pvp/trials/iron banner. Then max light level. Then hard mode raid usually with raise in light level. Then grind to new max light level. Then the next dlc drops.

Repeat steps above x 2 years. Then put out crappy beta and prepare for destiny 3.
Sounds like a typical MMO haha. As long as the gameplay is fun that is fine with me. I'll never be the biggest or baddest gaming is just not a big priority for me.

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Tex117
AG
KidDoc said:

BreNayPop said:

Sounds like a typical MMO haha. As long as the gameplay is fun that is fine with me. I'll never be the biggest or baddest gaming is just not a big priority for me.

If its anything like D1 (which it feels like it is), then yeah...Its MMO-lite with awesome shooting mechanics and a great setup to play with your friends if you want...or even solo. both viable until the raid.
koadie
AG
I enjoyed the beta, I felt less powerful, but I liked the gun fights. I think there ought to be more ability use but not near as much as D1. We don't know what the amour perks will do though, this felt very much like a stress test and that was it

Eph: 2:8
koadie
AG
Claimed code

Kampfers
AG
Ok I set the Texas Aggies clan to become a clan in D2. I'm still not sure I'm buying in, so when the new clan interface goes live on launch someone please shoot me a message and I'll add a few admins who are for sure going to be active
AggieVictor10
AG
Saxsoon, you going to PAX this year?
Less virtue signaling, more vice signaling.

Birds aren’t real.
wee_ag
AG
So what's going on with the whole Expansion Pass thing? I'm trying to preorder but it only looks like the expansion pass is available with the base game, not separate? I'd like to order the base game with my best buy gamer's club discount (20% off) and then get the expansion pass later. Is this not possible?
Saxsoon
AG
AggieVictor10 said:

Saxsoon, you going to PAX this year?

Yep plan on going sat and sun and checking out bungies set up at the paramount
AggieVictor10
AG
Sweet. I plan on spending a lot of time around that area, too. Took off work Friday as well but my car broke down last weekend, so I plan on taking it to the shop on Friday before I hit up PAX.

I live a short-ish (20-30 mins) walk away from the convention center though, so I wasn't planning on driving anyway. Either hoofing it or taking the bus.

Birds aren’t real.
Saxsoon
AG
We should definitely meet up. I will try to wear an Aggie shirt
Saxsoon
AG
What's your psn tag?
AggieVictor10
AG
Sounds good to me!

PSN: Dredguno

Birds aren’t real.
koadie
AG

For the puppies!!

stridulent
AG
Anyone here planning to play this on PC? I played Destiny 1 on PS4, but I just can't turn down the option of playing it on my gaming computer/monitor.
puppyboi
Great... it seems that even though the beta has just started, there are already hackers. For this reason I wont be playing on the PC. Its too easy for hackers to exploit the game on that platform. I will play on PS4 only this time.

But the game itself looks amazing. A step up from the original for sure.
wee_ag
AG
puppyboi said:

Great... it seems that even though the beta has just started, there are already hackers. For this reason I wont be playing on the PC. Its too easy for hackers to exploit the game on that platform. I will play on PS4 only this time.

But the game itself looks amazing. A step up from the original for sure.
This surprises you?
Saxsoon
AG
So I am not big on buying strategy guides but Prima is offering the Destiny 2 Guide for $10. When you preorder at checkout it becomes $5. And if you add the code SAVE25, it becomes 3.75. At that point I figured why not, I can download to my phone and read up on it during downtimes at work. Take a look at weapons and perks and anything else that might seem interesting

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/6xrwxt/prima_game_is_selling_any_eguides_with_50/

The Reddit link has the official link.
TexasAggie_02
AG
so who all is thinking about playing on PC? After playing the beta at 60 FPS with a mouse+keyboard, I may actually get the game for xbox and pc. PC doesn't come out till october, so there's still time to think it over.
TexasAggie_02
AG
lots of positive reviews. I've added these to the OP

https://www.polygon.com/2017/9/5/16230016/destiny-2-review

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/09/05/destiny-2-review

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2017/09/destiny-2-pre-review-why-im-excited-to-replay-the-first-15-hours-again/

http://www.rollingstone.com/glixel/features/destiny-2-finds-success-in-the-failures-of-destiny-w501126
TexasAggie_02
AG
Hello? Anyone still around?

We're 1 week away from Foresaken.

**Minor Spoilers in Trailer**

Saxsoon
AG
Hanging out in the ps4 thread
Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2012
Prime0882
AG
Uhh... was that our guardian actually talking, or a NPC I'm not familiar with?
A is A
AG
JRC0811 said:

Ugh... was that our guardian actually talking, or a NPC I'm not familiar with?
that was our character....
A is A
AG
I see the PS4 thread is quite active - is there a PC thread? My usual group is flaky at best and would love to fully immerse myself in the game for year 2.

EdwinWillers#1396
slickag2007
AG
I'm assuming that no one plays this on xbox one? I could use a few guardians to team up with.
TexasAggie_02
AG
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
slickag2007 said:

I'm assuming that no one plays this on xbox one? I could use a few guardians to team up with.
I used to. It's been a very long time and I'm WoW BFA now.
dcaggie04
AG
slickag2007 said:

Im on quite a bit and will be on alot when forsaken drops. GT: debt2society
Agmaniacmike12
The DLC name seems to be well chosen for the state of the game.
zip04
AG
Just downloaded this since it is free for PlayStation plus members.
koadie
AG
Any PC players? Add me koadie#11878 I'm in a heavy crucible clan, but we help one another out quite a bit for other stuff. Several streamers and really aggressive players.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.