Clash of Clans Recruiting (Expanding Empire)

54,312 Views | 520 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Dogdoc
Phat32
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone seem Clashbot? Jeez...

Www.clashbot.org
culdeus
AG
Not sure if this is the thread for the clan I'm in at the moment.

Here are some bases I ripped (didn't get traps) while visiting another high powered clan recently:

China base rip1:

China base rip 2:

IMO for TH9 bases should have the following features:

• Queen dead center in the map.
  • 12 or more compartments with stuff in them
  • Townhall between the queen and where you anticipate someone trying to kill the queen from
  • two or more double giant bomb locations inside the most outer layer of walls
  • Clan castle with either dragon and loons, loons and a few wiz, or all loons. Location of clan castle is not super important anymore.
Drake aTm
AG
Nice! Any for th8?
culdeus
AG
Sorry, I just don't see TH8 at my level anymore. Most wars I'm involved in have at most one or two TH8. Usually 0.
Lone Starr
AG
Thanks culdeus.. you are in the correct thread. This is Snoota.
culdeus
AG
And I'd say this, if you really like the clan wars the best, then staying at TH8 is really a waste of time and hurts your clan.

The addition of the 4th anti air and the extra giant bomb plus the archer queen on defense alone makes it such that a TH8 can never, ever 3 star you. This is why the serious war clans usually don't allow TH8.

Plus for farming silver as an early TH9 is just so amazing. You get to just pin your ears back and take huge loot all day. The extra 20 troops are pheonominal and you get L6 giants and furs which are monster farming help. At TH8 you run out of places to put loot, and with the EQ and new jump walls just aren't as important anymore.

The key is just don't build the xbows till you get roughly around 15/15 on king/queen or you at least build out an offense that can 3 star a decent th9. Spend the time up to then 3 starring TH8s with ease or getting a vanilla 2 star on TH9.

If you aren't all that into wars then just continue on maxing everything at every level. There are lots of ways to play the game.

I'd note that one of my alts is in this war. I haven't checked but typically I'll get 4 or 5 defenses before giving up a 3 star to a th9 with huge troops. That account has no xbows and no wiz towers and is missing a few other towers and has crappy walls and low heroes. People just vastly underestimate the impact of the traps/bombs/and the 4th anti air tower. A crappy base like mine nearly never gives up 3 to a TH8, is ranked below all the TH8 and I usually get 6 low TH9 stars, and occasionally some higher th9 stars if the base is bad.
culdeus
AG
Here's a few basic comments after watching a few wars of you guys

For your TH9 with <30 total heroes running vanilla ground.

The single best tip is "The Rule of 12" - Count the number of compartments which are enclosed:

• If 12 or less: 2Golems 6Witch Rest Wizards CC Golem 2 Jumps 1 Rage 1 Heal 1 Poision
  • If 13 or more 2 Golems 2 Pekka Rest Wizards CC Golem 2 or 3 jumps 1 Heal or Rage 1 Poison

There seems to be a heavy reliance on rage for vanilla ground raids when really you need to ask yourself if 2 jumps is enough, or should I go to 3 or even 4 jumps. Jumps got a massive boost this update. Use them to get in and out of the core quickly and get those 3 stars.

For TH9 with >30 heroes or TH10

Learn how to properly funnel a kill squad to a queen. There are a billion videos out there on the topic. Once you have the heroes upgraded enough to run a proper kill squad there's no reason to not be using a golem led kill team to lead off a hog or air raid. There is still an element of luck and uncertainty with vanilla ground raids which are difficult to remove, but for low level TH9 with low level heroes it's their best shot at 3. Use your heroes the way god meant them to be used and get the 3 stars.

General tip

Get a better understanding of the dark spells. There should never be a reason to pack eq as a th9 for any reason. Know what dies to poison, have a plan if the cc is not poision-able to use it on skeleton traps.

Moxie
AG
Just getting into this game. (Late, I know) Looking for some fellow ags to play with now or eventually when I get to a higher TH level. Currently, I'm TH4 about to start upgrading to TH5. Also, tips are appreciated.

Gamer name: Mattchu
AGro99
@moxie How many trophies do you have? We usually start our lower town halls in Hullabaloo. It is our training ground. Agpony is currently the leader. Let me know your trophy count, and I will get it adjusted on our end.

Great info Culdeus!
Moxie
AG
Currently @ 724.
AGro99
Request away Moxie... Trophies are lowered!
Moxie
AG
I tried, but they are back up to 1000 now.
culdeus
AG
Defensive base building 101

• Rule 1 before any other rule. Delete your base. There's an orange dot on the center point. If you undo the delete and your queen does not at least contact that orange dot your base needs to be changed. Period.
  • Rule 2. No walls that don't connect. Unit pathing AI has changed. All walls need to make compartments, no doubling up of walls at intersections, no leaving holes to path people over springs. With that in mind try and have 13 or more individual compartments with things in them, preferably all with at least one defensive tower.
  • Rule 3. Show at least 2 double bomb locations between two defensive buildings deep in your base, ideally 3 or more if you can make it work.

Defensive base building 201

• If you have all the above rules followed the next step is to try and protect your queen better, this means getting high HP buildings, teslas, and skeleton traps between the queen and where you anticipate ground based attacks originating. This can take some trial and error to get the right balance.
  • Adjust your springs and other traps to the side of your base where people are NOT attacking your queen. Try to locate your wiz towers and anti air towers in this area.
  • Don't get wrapped up in protecting your townhall. Any noob with a gowipe should be able to get 2 stars on a th9. Use it smartly to protect your queen or distract the offensive queen after your clan castle is popped.
  • You want your clan castle to be shaded a bit away from the side you anticipate the queen kill. It used to be you wanted it centered and tough to lure. That's not the case anymore. On the edge is obviously bad, but a little off center is fine.
AeroMike03
AG
Tried to join Hullabaloo but got denied. TH9.
Señor Chang
AG
Mike, we have room in Ol' Army Aggies. What is your CoC name?
GoneForGood
Going to give this a try as I, like many posters said before me, have tried this game and can;t seem to get into it. Maybe with a clan that is active I might enjoy it. Any tips or guides on how to construct my base? I know there are certain ways some people like to have their bases constructed that allows for maximum offensive/defensive capability. Currently TH lvl 2 but getting there.

TIA
AeroMike03
AG
Aeromike03
RAT90
AG
Here is a tip if you are trying to join Hullabaloo, Aggies United, or Ol Army Aggies:

change the default message when you ask to join to identify yourself as an Ag and that you come from TexAgs.

I think I am the one that rejected Aero only because the default message was not changed. We are especially cautious during war.
GoneForGood
I'm at TH4 now and working on getting everything upgraded (walls, goldmines etc.) which clan should I apply to?
GoneForGood
AlsoA, I searched for Hullabaloo couldn't find the one with Vinney as the lead or with a Maroon and white shield.
RAT90
AG
We are there. Level 6 clan. I am at the top, level 112 and black 1
GoneForGood
I'm only finding two level 1 clans with only 1 and 2 members respectively. Are there different servers?
GoneForGood
dp
GoneForGood
Ah nvm I found it. I don't have enough trophies. I'm only at 263 lol I'll get there with trophies soon enough.
bearamedic99
AG
A buddy and I 's clan is losing interest and we will be clan shopping soon. How often do you war? I'm not sure we want to continually war.

also, anyone ha e a boom beach task force that needs two?
TombstoneTex
AG
Busy season almost over at work. Can't wait to get back to CoC and warring.
Phat32
AG
Anyone think we will see TH11 before EOY?
ChipFTAC01
AG
It's got to come soon. It's been 2.5 years since they rolled out TH10.

GoneForGood
Up to over 500 trophies now. What is the lowest an Aggie clan will accept?
NICU Dad
AG
quote:
A buddy and I 's clan is losing interest and we will be clan shopping soon. How often do you war? I'm not sure we want to continually war.

just getting back to this thread.

there's several Aggie based clans out there.

I clash as a co-leader (trip1998) with the Ol'Army Aggies, Hullaballoo, Aggies United, 12th Man (snipe clan) alliance.

Ol'Army, HB, and AU all war at least 2x per week - usually Tuesday / Friday night declarations and have a mini-war every now and again on Sunday night for the true war mongers in the clan alliance.

OA, AU take up to TH10 and HB stops at TH9's but limits TH9 participation.

12th Man is a farming clan in that they intend to lose for the 30% loot bonus. google FWA alliance for details on that one.

Be sure you put something A&M related in your request message, so we know you're an Aggie or Aggie fan.
NICU Dad
AG
quote:

forgot to mention that I was in your exact same boat a few months ago and found OA.

The benefit of the opt in / opt out feature is you can war as much or as little as you want.

Hop on over to OA for a look - reference this thread and trip1998, so we know you're legit and not war spying on us. We tend to deny more often when in a war unless we know the person coming over is legit.
NICU Dad
AG
quote:
Up to over 500 trophies now. What is the lowest an Aggie clan will accept?
most in our alliance are at 1000.
Civen
AG
Just requested an invite to Hullabaloo. Coming back after a long break to a TH8 base, about half upgraded. Trying to figure out what's new these days... looks like BAM isn't king anymore.
Thriller
AG
Almost ready to end my self imposed break as well.
javajaws
AG
quote:
Busy season almost over at work. Can't wait to get back to CoC and warring.
Saw you made it back in today - welcome back!

- jtg

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.