Clash of Clans Recruiting (Expanding Empire)

53,583 Views | 520 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Dogdoc
culdeus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Also we are starting to develop people to run HGH (HealerGiantHog) attacks. It's still in beta phase so we don't use it till we have things wrapped up. It's really deadly to those deep AA bases and the "Trooper" style bases that are anti laloon.
thaed137
AG
quote:
We have only a few rules
-Gowipe and Gowiwi are not war armies, use those for farming only.
Xbow and infernos are farming towers and not meant for serious war clans.
-No kids <18

Do what? You don't use xboxs and inferno towers for war?
txaggiefarmer05
AG
Culdeus, what's AA stand for.

Whats your typical troop buildout? 4 hounds and a golem then what? Are you going for two stars on a th10 or having success getting 3?
culdeus
AG
quote:
quote:
We have only a few rules
-Gowipe and Gowiwi are not war armies, use those for farming only.
Xbow and infernos are farming towers and not meant for serious war clans.
-No kids <18

Do what? You don't use xboxs and inferno towers for war?

Infernos and xbows count heavily for matchmaking. Far more than their actual value. We ask members to not build, nor upgrade infernos/xbows that they do have.
thaed137
AG
Interesting didn't know that. I'm a Max TH9 right now just getting heroes and walls up a bit but current clan is like 2/10 winning wars so might be looking to switch.
culdeus
AG
quote:
Culdeus, what's AA stand for.

Whats your typical troop buildout? 4 hounds and a golem then what? Are you going for two stars on a th10 or having success getting 3?
----For a TH9 usually with both heroes awake-----
In the CC - Max Golem or Max hound if player has L4 golem already.
20 spots that consist of wizards and wallbreakers depending on the base (20)
3 Level 3 hounds (90)
20 Max Loons (100)
5 Minions or more Loons to finish depending on base design

If TH9 doesn't have both heroes awake we use 5 hounds and go to an easier base and don't lead with the golem and stuff.

We get 3 stars on TH10 fairly often. Max freeze and 240 spots are required. Our heroes aren't strong enough to get 3 on every TH10. Really need about 60 levels of heroes to be able to take down any TH10.

We are really pushing heroes now so our th10 track record is starting to suffer a bit. It's really hard to do serious damage on TH10 without both heroes. We can just faceroll th9s still so it's not a big problem for wins.
culdeus
AG
Sorry AA = Anti-Air
dlp3719
AG
Thanks Culdeus. Understood everything you said except ""Trooper" style bases that are anti-LavaLoon".

What do you mean by that?
ChipFTAC01
AG
I've long thought that culdeus is playing this game on a whole different level than pretty much everyone else on Texags.

I don't understand the hate for the freemium aspect of COC. I've been playing this game for almost 3 years and I think that maybe I once spent $5 on it.
Lone Starr
AG
Our war record is 673-1-8.. we barch all enemies.
Lone Starr
AG
Aggies United is the high level clan in the alliance.. wars twice a week.. no made up war records
TombstoneTex
AG
quote:
Our war record is 673-1-8.. we barch all enemies.
culdeus
AG
Troopers style bases are asymetrical bases with the townhall as a low priority building. Small, irregular compartments holding random towers.

They follow the guidelines promoted by Reddit Troopers. If you look at any of their videos you see examples of these bases. You don't copy one off the internet, just do one yourself.

Keep in mind every TH9 can be 3 starred by a TH9. It's just a matter of execution. The best base can't stop a perfect LaLoon.
CrottyKid
AG
I'm up to 700 trophies. haha. Only took a month. I'm building as a farming colony.
AG Custom
AG
Culdeus,

I'll check it out. Sounds a lot like a clan i was in last year. You are correct as either the Penta or the CB Laloon is by far the most popular attack style of majority of the top clans right now. I personally don't feel every TH9 can Lalooned by any other TH9 as your heroes and their Hero Levels can definitely come into play along with location of their CC and troops inside their CC and location of Heros in relation to the ADs for the pups. Also Pathing of the loons on interior of camp if set up Trooper style can cause issues as well if you cant get them raged to the AD just as or right before your hound busts, which can then lead to timer issues on clean up if you don't have the pups.
culdeus
AG
If you can get the pathing down right a TH9 should be able to be 3 with LaLoon. There are elements of luck to how the heroes operate on both sides as well as where the pups travel.

Lately you see more of the pro clans using a hog/loon combination to deal with bases where you need to adjust the loon tracking.

TH9 really is a weak level at stopping it's own TH. TH8 has an easier time stopping TH8 than TH9 stopping TH9 by a long shot.
bearamedic99
AG
Best way to defend against LaLoon?
AG Custom
AG
culdeus,

Completely agree on TH8 v TH8 harder than TH9 v TH9 but i say that has a whole lot to do with additional troop levels, troop types, number of troops, CC capacity and that 4th spell is really huge.

I have seen quite a few of the surgical hogs with the laloon but they seem to be just like the Penta Attacks. If they work they are a really really fast 3 star attack (under 2 minutes), but if there happen to be traps (skeleton, spring mainly) in odd places if can totally wreck your hogs from creating that path for the loons to stay on track.
AgLaw02
AG
quote:
No xbow or inferno upgrades or construction please, we have a farming clan for people that want to farm and do war also more casually. Xbow and infernos are farming towers and not meant for serious war clans.

This is commonly referred to as town hall 8.5 or 9.5. We do it for a month or two after upgrading the th. It gives you a chance to upgrade your offense before being matched up against better defenses.

The downside is that you are more vulnerable to raids. The upside is that it helps your war matchups dramatically. I don't see why that's necessary for a war clan though. Most clans out there are terrible, and war matchups are easy enough already. We've won our last 15 in a row without being really threatened. Sure, we could improve our odds even more by foregoing infernos, but the aggravation of being raided isn't worth it when we already win our wars.
culdeus
AG
I never get raided in the farming base. Ever. I ran my stats once and over a period of 10 days lost roughly 1 day of collector pickups. Big deal.

People see the exposed TH, hit it, quit.

It's a huge flaw in the game that player gets penalized so little for leaving townhall exposed. I often get hit in a matter of seconds from logging off. I can't honestly imagine why people would really bother to protect the TH except if going for that stupid achievement.

I'll stay without inferno/xbow at least till freezes are maxed and heroes are better. They are vastly overrated for what they provide in terms of defense. Especially xbow.
AgLaw02
AG
I agree with all that. I just don't see a need to make war matchups easier. If they matched you against clans of a similar level, or similar record, that would be one thing, but we almost never get matched with anyone who puts up a fight. I suppose it would be useful if a clan needs to balance out a bunch if preemie bases.
culdeus
AG
We see that too. Most clans are content to get 2 stars on every TH9 with gowipe and just get lucky on one or two 3 stars and just hope that holds up. We try to get 3 on every single TH9 every war.

When you push offense over defense you end up seeing lots more bases both in the lower TH10 range and the lower TH9 range that are easy 3 stars and they have no hope of fighting back.

The rare wars we lose are those that have insane heroes and max troops, not because they have strong defenses. All TH10 should be a 2 star or better and all TH9 should be a 3. The game right now is imbalanced towards air offense, that may change most new troops get nerfed over time. Hogs witches and to an extent golems have been weakened. Hounds may be next.

If it gets to the point where 3 on a TH9 is hard then more defense is needed. Until then it's not.

Burdizzo
AG
quote:
I agree with all that. I just don't see a need to make war matchups easier. If they matched you against clans of a similar level, or similar record, that would be one thing, but we almost never get matched with anyone who puts up a fight. I suppose it would be useful if a clan needs to balance out a bunch if preemie bases.

Our problem is that our clan hasn't won a war in about 3 months. I am guessing we have too many TH 9 guys that overbuilt the wrong stuff. We struggle to 2-star on most battles.
Ark03
AG
quote:
quote:

Our problem is that our clan hasn't won a war in about 3 months. I am guessing we have too many TH 9 guys that overbuilt the wrong stuff. We struggle to 2-star on most battles.
Was that a primarily aggie clan? I think I might have just quit that clan, or at least one like it. I hadn't had time to play in a while, but participated every war. But, the active guys weren't doing any better than I was.
Burdizzo
AG
No, I think I am the only Aggie. It is mostly guys I work with.
ham98
facing a chinese clan that has to be running some kind of mod or cheat against the clan I play in
ChipFTAC01
AG
quote:
facing a chinese clan that has to be running some kind of mod or cheat against the clan I play in

How so?
ham98
probably running a sandbox mod
zurcaled11
AG
Report them?
ksp
Is this strictly an Aggie only clan?
Lone Starr
AG
Ol'Army Aggies, Hullabaloo, and Aggies United have mostly alums, current students, prospective students, parents of, and fans of Texas A&M, but not all are, and we don't require it.. we probably wouldn't want a t-sip, tekatech raider, or lsu fan in there, but almost all others are fine
culdeus
AG
someone swang by my clan last weekend. I wasn't around much during that timeframe.

It's best to stick with a big clan for a week or two if you want to learn new stuff. We were in the middle of a lay down to an asian clan that seemed a little too good and a farming clan that didn't fill their cc.

ksp
Thx for the reply west.

We tried a merge, no structure, no desire to structure and our competitive side would not allow that so we left.

We are looking for a mostly adult type clan (pg , respectful chat,(not prudes promise but one in our group doesn't swear) that wars at least twice a week, non stop wars is OK to. There will be at least 4 TH10s (not rushed, In fact I am maxed except walls and heroes and a few traps, 2-4 TH9s and a few TH8s.

1) can you handle that many?
2) what clan would be best fit for us?
3) ????
4) profit?

P.S. we gave this other clan 16 wars to structure up and have a plan, but failure to do so, so we left.
Lone Starr
AG
Ol'Army is th9 heavy and actually needs some TH10'S or needs to split into two. We lost a few th10s to real life and just kicked our #1 for multiple occurrences of profanity and constantly not listening to rules agreed to by the rest of the clan. come check us out if you like.. we started transitioning into a three star attacking clan around a month ago (fewer gowipe attacks), so there are many attack varieties that we try and watch. Any members that are under 20 are either very active or are the children of coleaders with access to thier devices. We also have the higher level clan that has 3 close to max players, but they aren't looking for that many new members, I don't think... doesn't hurt to ask though.. war attacks start tonight
TombstoneTex
AG
quote:
Ol'Army is th9 heavy and actually needs some TH10'S or needs to split into two. We lost a few th10s to real life and just kicked our #1 for multiple occurrences of profanity and constantly not listening to rules agreed to by the rest of the clan. come check us out if you like.. we started transitioning into a three star attacking clan around a month ago (fewer gowipe attacks), so there are many attack varieties that we try and watch. Any members that are under 20 are either very active or are the children of coleaders with access to thier devices. We also have the higher level clan that has 3 close to max players, but they aren't looking for that many new members, I don't think... doesn't hurt to ask though.. war attacks start tonight
I read this as "under 20 are either very attractive" and was confused for a little bit. Now I understand... but am disappointed haha

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.