Clash of Clans Recruiting (Expanding Empire)

53,805 Views | 520 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Dogdoc
RAT90
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Jacko! Been a while, but glad you are coming back. I hope you understand the boot earlier as we needed room and figured you would not mind.
Thriller
AG
If I get booted and don't notice, did it really happen?

Needed a break, but I'll be back soon.
TombstoneTex
AG
Couldn't wait till the 15th (our deadline) to get back to it. Saw this thread and it made me miss it too much haha
GoneForGood
How do i assign units to stay and defend the base? Or is that only certain unit types?
thaed137
AG
Units in your clan castle donated by your clan mates will defend you base. The units in the army spaces are only used to go to war with.
ChipFTAC01
AG
quote:
How do i assign units to stay and defend the base? Or is that only certain unit types?

Your army units are not there during raids from opposing players.

The only defense you have during raids from other players are your:

a) defensive buildings

b) traps

c) heroes

d) clan castle troops donated by clan members
GoneForGood
Thanks for the responses. I'm getting to 1k trophies ASAP
NICU Dad
AG
quote:
Keep pushing. I assume you have your clan castle built already?
GoneForGood
quote:
quote:
Keep pushing. I assume you have your clan castle built already?

Yessir
CrottyKid
AG
Is the former farming clan still a sniping clan? I'd like to get back in on that. I left because I was really busy at work and because my sons wanted to be in a clan together, but they have since lost interest, and I am to the point where I need real money (edit: should say lots-o-gold and not "real money") and elixir to upgrade.
ChipFTAC01
AG
I've been playing for three years and haven't gotten to the point I need to out real money into it
CrottyKid
AG
Sorry. By "real money" I meant large amounts of gold that are hard to achieve without warring. I do not spend real American dollars on this game. I did use Google Opinion Rewards to earn enough play credit to get a 4th builder.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Ah, gotcha
NICU Dad
AG
quote:
Is the former farming clan still a sniping clan? I'd like to get back in on that. I left because I was really busy at work and because my sons wanted to be in a clan together, but they have since lost interest, and I am to the point where I need real money (edit: should say lots-o-gold and not "real money") and elixir to upgrade.
12th Man is still the war farming snipe clan.

It is full but people frequently come in and out.

Hop into HB or OA and we can get you to snipe clan later
NICU Dad
AG
Cotton what's your trophy count at now and which clan are you interested in?
GoneForGood
quote:

Just hit 711 and whichever is the entry level clan.
GoneForGood
quote:

Just hit 711 and whichever is the entry level clan. I'm still pretty raw to the game as far as what troops to deploy and how to use them. I currently just spam barbarians and find a weakling base to attack lol
GoneForGood
quote:
quote:

Just hit 768 and whichever is the entry level clan. I'm still pretty raw to the game as far as what troops to deploy and how to use them. I currently just spam barbarians and find a weakling base to attack lol
NICU Dad
AG
If interested in our clan alliance, might start with Hullabaloo.

Make sure to reference texags in event we are warring when you request.
GoneForGood
quote:
If interested in our clan alliance, might start with Hullabaloo.

Make sure to reference texags in event we are warring when you request.

I'll be sure to do that. And that's the one I've gathered that most people start out in.
dlp3719
AG
Hogowiwi continues to go well. There really isn't a th9, we can't 3 star.

We are either going heavy or light on hogs.

Light hog: 3 golems, 2 witch, 10 hogs, 5-9 wbs, rest wiz. 2 heal, 1 rage, 1 jump, poison
Hog heavy: 2 golems, 2 witch, 24 hogs, 5-7 wbs, 8-9 wiz. 3 heal, 1 rage, poison.
GoneForGood
Just hit 803 trophies and the silver III bracket.
Burdizzo
AG
quote:

Light hog: 3 golems, 2 witch, 10 hogs, 5-9 wbs, rest wiz. 2 heal, 1 rage, 1 jump, poison
Hog heavy: 2 golems, 2 witch, 24 hogs, 5-7 wbs, 8-9 wiz. 3 heal, 1 rage, poison.

What levels are all these troops?
NICU Dad
AG
quote:

Couple of us in my clan alliance been using a very similar composition to that with great success.

my standard is 3 golems (1 in castle), 2 witch, 8 wbs, 14 wizzies, 12 hogs, 2 heal, 1 rage, 1 jump, poison.

loose golems then wizzies then wbs then heroes...rage em inside first wall pocket, jump em into core.

once AQ and castle dead and troops in core with backside defense engaged on core troops, loose hogs...then sit back and profit!

your hog heavy set-up is similar to a straight gohog but adding in witches instead of more wizzies for a kill squad.

Usually extremely successful on slapping TH9's and was able to 2 star a TH10 that didn't have any inferno towers.

for Burdizzo, hogs are lvl 5, witches lvl 2, wizzies lvl 5, golems lvl 4, poison lvl 2, other spells are maxed for TH9.
Burdizzo
AG
Thanks. I just recently upgraded to TH9 so I am slowly bringing everything else up. I maxed out everything at TH8 before going to 9
NICU Dad
AG
do you clash with an Aggie clan?

if you just upgraded your TH, work on offense (army camps, spell caster, lab, barracks, archer queen) before adding a ton of defense - especially xbows.

Defense will shoot you higher in the clan war rankings for negligible benefit, IMHO.
GoneForGood
Almost to 900 trophies. Any tips on what units to use to attack bases? I'm finding using a mix of Barbarians and archers works....sometimes.
GoneForGood
Also, I find I keep getting attacked when a shield isn't up. Is that because of the amount of resources I keep on base? or is my setup just a tempting target for people?
Thriller
AG
I've been away from the game for a couple of months, so some of this information may be outdated.

Stop using your gems if you haven't already. Save them to get up to 4 builders (a 5th isn't really necessary, possibly ever). Don't upgrade your TH until everything is maxed for that level (this is general advice because there are strategies out there ignoring this point for certain TH levels).

Make sure your builders are working constantly. Unless you are chasing trophies for an achievement or to get in a clan, they don't really matter. If your builders are working, that's X amount of elixir and gold that attackers can't get. Another X amount can be saved by "pre-building" or over building your army.

Focus your attacks on bases where TH=N or N-1 where N is your TH level. Each time you attack you are losing your shield. Depending on how frequently you can attack, no shield is a good thing. Some people can stay on practically all day and a shield isn't necessary. Others need to hit a base with lots of resources because they know they can only attack a few times and then have to get off, exposing their base to an attack.

One more note on trophies. If you are trophy hunting - consider revenge attacks against weakish opponents. Revenge attacks will frequently offer more trophies than you can find in just a regular search.
GoneForGood
Thanks for the info. I didn't know about the Revenge trophies being more.
Thriller
AG
quote:
Thanks for the info. I didn't know about the Revenge trophies being more.
You can also scout them and build armies suited for their bases.
Burdizzo
AG
NICU, I thought I had replied, but it looks like I got lost in cyberspace. I war with coworkers, but our clan is waning. Most guys are losing interest. I am pretty much following your pattern. I have not added any new defense except for the AQ. She is already at lvl 3. Upgraded my camps to maximize troop volume. As I get resources I either research troop upgrades or upgrade existing defense beginning with mortars and cannons. Teslas and air defense will probably be the last to get upgrade before adding new defenses. Crossbow will probably be the last thing I add.
GoneForGood
It happened again! As soon as my shield dropped I was raided! It's like they're watching me and farming me lol
Burdizzo
AG
quote:
It happened again! As soon as my shield dropped I was raided! It's like they're watching me and farming me lol

That happens to everybody. Don't feel like the Lone Ranger.
ChipFTAC01
AG
quote:

I usually get hit within 30 seconds of signing off. That's the way it works.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.