******* Dallas Cowboys 2020 offseason thread *********

191,114 Views | 2298 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by dc509
ChemAg15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I agree 100%. Every big contract we sign ends up being a dud. We only know how to over pay
Ag Natural
AG
Dont tell me there are bad contracts unless you can tell me who they would have signed.
Trucker 96
Dak and his agent are betting on a future market vs coming to an agreement aligned with the current one, which absent covid is probably a safe bet. But we'll see what impact covid has on revenue and the cap. They want him back on the market sooner because it's been crazy favorable for qb's.
jr15aggie
AG
Michael Bennett is retiring.

Good for him! My opinion of him purely as an athlete is he was always a joy to watch. I'll never forget the bashing from our rivals when they claimed the only reason we offered him was to get closer to Marty B. Michael had a fantastic career and without looking at stats, etc. I'd venture to say he was all around better than his brother.
Southlake
Bennett beat the stuffing outta Colt McCoy

I'll always love him for that.

Law Hall 69-72
AG
He's not an Aggie. Just ask him.
Rex Racer
AG
The Cowboys and CeeDee Lamb have reached an agreement.
Rex Racer
AG
Law Hall 69-72 said:

He's not an Aggie. Just ask him.
Actually, he loves A&M.

This is a quote of his from an article published December 13, 2019, published right here on TexAgs.

Quote:

"I don't know why people think I don't like A&M," Bennett said. "I love A&M. I just haven't had a chance to go back as much as I would like to, and the coaches have changed a lot, so I'm not familiar with the people there anymore. But hopefully I'll get an opportunity to go back and do some more stuff since I am back home and closer to the end of my career."
PooDoo
AG
Bingo Bango Bongo said:

Dak and his agent are betting on a future market vs coming to an agreement aligned with the current one, which absent covid is probably a safe bet. But we'll see what impact covid has on revenue and the cap. They want him back on the market sooner because it's been crazy favorable for qb's.

Trade his ass
NukeAg10
AG
Jamal Adams goes to the Seahawks for 2 firsts, a third, and a fourth. Was he worth that much?
Trucker 96
Not when you have to pay him too
alvtimes
lets see if he continues to complain about a new contract.
Macarthur
NukeAg10 said:

Jamal Adams goes to the Seahawks for 2 firsts, a third, and a fourth. Was he worth that much?

Wow. Insane deal. WTF is Seattle thinking?
NukeAg10
AG
This gives incite into what he wanted. I'm glad the cowboys didn't take that bull*****
Macarthur
Agree 100%. I wanted him but not that badly.
ac04
Macarthur said:

NukeAg10 said:

Wow. Insane deal. WTF is Seattle thinking?

they are going for it right now. love it.
Ag Natural
AG
This would have been too steep for the Cowboys. Not to mention he's going to want 15 million per year.

I honestly hated the way he was publicly trashing the team that drafted him. I guess it worked out for him.
Saint Pablo
NukeAg10 said:

they gave 2 firsts, Bradley McDougald and a third. They got a fourth back.
J.P. 03
AG
Excellent restraint by Jerry and Stephen. Obviously Adams is a guy everyone would love to have on this team, but not at that price.
Danny Phantom
Really wanted Adams but if we gave that up for him I would of been pissed. The way Seattle drafts they'll probably get the same guy they would of picked in the first with their second round pick haha
Trucker 96
Spend a #1 in the actual flippin draft on a great one. Then you at least get him for relatively cheap for 4-5 years
98Ag99Grad
AG
Seattle can win it all this season. Fine with it if I'm them.
ApachePilot
AG
98Ag99Grad said:

Exactly. The window is closing on many of the Hawk studs. They had to shore up the defense now. And the Hawks suck at drafting round 1 late. And that's the picks they would get. Late round 1 guys are not always sure things. Adams is a sure thing.
ApachePilot
AG
I also believe the Hawks were blocking the 49ers and Cowboys with this move. They couldn't allow either team to get him.
Macarthur
ApachePilot said:

98Ag99Grad said:

Exactly. The window is closing on many of the Hawk studs. They had to shore up the defense now. And the Hawks suck at drafting round 1 late. And that's the picks they would get. Late round 1 guys are not always sure things. Adams is a sure thing.
"They don't draft well anyway in the first" is a truly awful reason to justify overpaying for Adams.

I guess if he's a big part of another SB win, it was worth it, but that is mortgaging a huge part of the future. And you gotta give him a record deal for his position.
expresswrittenconsent
Poison pill
dc509
AG
Ridiculous trade.
ApachePilot
AG
Macarthur said:

ApachePilot said:

98Ag99Grad said:

"They don't draft well anyway in the first" is a truly awful reason to justify overpaying for Adams.

I guess if he's a big part of another SB win, it was worth it, but that is mortgaging a huge part of the future. And you gotta give him a record deal for his position.

Adams was the 6th pick overall in 2017. The Hawks will be one of the last picks of the first round the next 2 years. It's a lot tougher to hit on late first rounders and this guy has proven to be an All-Pro. This is good for the Hawks now. They need to win now. In a few years this team will lose their studs. It's costly but I'm glad they are trying to make another run. Let's look back on this after the next 2 seasons and if the Hawks have a SB I'll be glad..
PooDoo
AG
Adams is gone... Glad our picks aren't...

Look at this Manbeast
jr15aggie
AG
It's pretty much what a lot of us were saying from the get-go. The Jets owned his rights and were not just gonna let him go unless somebody was offering a kings ransom.

We need to keep this in mind when it comes to Dak. As long a we have the franchise tag option we still own his rights and there is nothing Dak/Agent can do about it. If they want out and another team wants him fine, but we aren't giving away our franchise QB for nothing. Two first round picks is the conversation starter!
Slamn Sharpe
Bingo Bango Bongo said:

I'm ready for Dallas to move on from Dak
dave94
AG
McDadeTXAggie said:

Bingo Bango Bongo said:

That's a ridiculous take.
MooreTrucker
AG
McDadeTXAggie said:

Bingo Bango Bongo said:

That's dumb, and not happening.
Slamn Sharpe
dave94 said:

McDadeTXAggie said:

Bingo Bango Bongo said:

Is it?
Bobcat06
AG
McDadeTXAggie said:

dave94 said:

McDadeTXAggie said:

Bingo Bango Bongo said:

Is it?
2015 says it is

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.