So how is the French Olympics going......

83,336 Views | 867 Replies | Last: 29 days ago by Squadron7
ATX_AG_08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
annie88 said:

Claverack said:

Looks like these Olympics are worth ignoring.

I look back on that opening ceremony from London, then watch that monstrosity in Paris, and ponder on what the hell is wrong with the French.

But the problem with the French is the issue with much of Western Civilization in general: a lust for evil and a hatred for truth.
I don't see how is the athletes fault that the French did a ridiculous opening ceremony. If you enjoy some of the sports, it shouldn't matter.

If they mocked Islam all the Islamic states would pull out and Paris would be burning. Christians are feckless and that's why this keeps progressing. At some point, Christians need to put their foot down.
Bucketrunner
Then it needs to be French Christians.
Kellso
PhatMack19 said:

The beach volleyball chicks are wearing pants
Unacceptable.
ATX_AG_08
AG
MooreTrucker said:

aggiepanic95 said:

annie88 said:

Claverack said:

I look back on that opening ceremony from London, then watch that monstrosity in Paris, and ponder on what the hell is wrong with the French.

But the problem with the French is the issue with much of Western Civilization in general: a lust for evil and a hatred for truth.
I don't see how is the athletes fault that the French did a ridiculous opening ceremony. If you enjoy some of the sports, it shouldn't matter.

I hear what you're saying, I do, but the only power we as consumers have is to not buy the product. Watching the Olympics is buying the product.
Don't care. I love the Olympics and I'm not going to let some goofy French nonsense derail that.

I don't find it simply "goofy" the west keeps diving down deeper and deeper into depravity. This isn't just a problem in France. We're having drag queen story hour here at home in public schools.
Little Rock Ag
AG
For the word of the cross is folly to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. For it is written,

"I will destroy the wisdom of the wise,
and the discernment of the discerning I will thwart."

Where is the one who is wise? Where is the scribe? Where is the debater of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world? For since, in the wisdom of God, the world did not know God through wisdom, it pleased God through the folly of what we preach to save those who believe. For Jews demand signs and Greeks seek wisdom, but we preach Christ crucified, a stumbling block to Jews and folly to Gentiles, but to those who are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God. For the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men.

I Corinthians 1:18-25

Don't be surprised when a world which has contempt for Christ demonstrates it for everyone on the public stage.
Kellso
If anyone is curious....these are the four states with no residents on the 2024 Team USA Olympic team.

Arkansas
North Dakota
West Virginia
Wyoming

Texas' 38 athletes representing Team USA is more Olympians than countries such as Ethiopia (32), Venezuela (32), Indonesia (29) and Slovakia (28).
Opalka
AG
Nanomachines son said:

kingj3 said:

Can someone explain it to me like I'm 5 how it mocked Christ? I didn't get it

A golden calf and a pale horse along with a mockery of the last supper. Yeah real subtle messaging here.
I was told that the pale horse and rider are actually some spirit of the Seine River. Not Biblical.
MooreTrucker
AG
Kellso said:

PhatMack19 said:

The beach volleyball chicks are wearing pants
Unacceptable.

It's cold and rainy. Duh.
MooreTrucker
AG
ATX_AG_08 said:

MooreTrucker said:

aggiepanic95 said:

annie88 said:

Claverack said:

I hear what you're saying, I do, but the only power we as consumers have is to not buy the product. Watching the Olympics is buying the product.
Don't care. I love the Olympics and I'm not going to let some goofy French nonsense derail that.

I don't find it simply "goofy" the west keeps diving down deeper and deeper into depravity. This isn't just a problem in France. We're having drag queen story hour here at home in public schools.

And my not watching isn't changing any of that.
Opalka
AG
ATX_AG_08 said:

annie88 said:

Claverack said:

If they mocked Islam all the Islamic states would pull out and Paris would be burning. Christians are feckless and that's why this keeps progressing. At some point, Christians need to put their foot down.
Islam isn't France's history. It's Christian, is it not?
MooreTrucker
AG
Kellso said:

Aggiecadet said:

France is having the worst Olympics in history and it has barely started.
This is what France wanted......attention. Everyone loves to talk about controversy.
I'll say this about the NBC broadcast from last night.....they did a great job of not showing the more controversial scenes from the runway show.

France is hosting the freaking Olympics. Can't get much more attention than that.
No Spin Ag
Kellso said:

If anyone is curious....these are the four states with no residents on the 2024 Team USA Olympic team.

Arkansas
North Dakota
West Virginia
Wyoming

Texas' 38 athletes representing Team USA is more Olympians than countries such as Ethiopia (32), Venezuela (32), Indonesia (29) and Slovakia (28).

Viva Tejas!
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
Mac94
AG
Parts of Paris now without power and in blackout
Fat Black Swan
AG
You aren't weird for being disgusted by a grown dude hangin' brain next to a child on global television.

It's only taken a few decades to eradicate the natural disgust reflex in portions of the population.
Kellso
MooreTrucker said:

Kellso said:

Aggiecadet said:

France is having the worst Olympics in history and it has barely started.
This is what France wanted......attention. Everyone loves to talk about controversy.
I'll say this about the NBC broadcast from last night.....they did a great job of not showing the more controversial scenes from the runway show.

France is hosting the freaking Olympics. Can't get much more attention than that.
Well now they got attention from the political crowd and the folks that state they will never watch the Olympics.
Lets face it. Controversy sells.

Meanwhile...lets celebrate the 4x100 swim team for bringing home the United States first Gold Medal!!!!!
There are come countries that never win gold in anything....and here is Team USA winning the gold on the first day of competition.

Claverack
annie88 said:

Claverack said:

Problem is that it matters to me.

I enjoy the Winter Olympics much more, with hockey, bobsledding, speed skating and even curling being much more to my liking.

But if the opening ceremonies take a considerable amount of time to mock my faith, then I will refuse watching those as well.

These games should always be used as a time to unite the world's population in support of peaceful competition.

Using them to target a segment of the population based upon outright bigotry and hostility doesn't fit in at all with the Olympic concept.

I wish our athletes the best. But I will not be watching.
Raiderjay
definitely celebrate the USA men 4 X 100 3rd consecutive gold....

And don't celebrate Ledecky, a man competing against women and winning bronze in the 400 free.....complete joke and sucks for a woman who should have gotten a medal....
ttu_85
Raiderjay said:

And don't celebrate Ledecky, a man competing against women and winning bronze in the 400 free.....complete joke and sucks for a woman who should have gotten a medal....
This. I bet at some future date, when this trans insanity is seen for what it is, that games that allowed bio males to compete against women will be thrown out of the record books. So easy to see this coming when sane people are again in charge.
Raiderjay
what's going on in Paris

Horn_in_Aggieland
Just turned on beach volleyball. Uniforms have changed. Now they wear yoga pants.
Opalka
AG
The Simpsons did a spoof on the Last Supper. Where was the outrage about that? There have been many other spoofs on it too. I guess it takes a drag queen to trigger some folks.
Logos Stick
Opalka said:

The Simpsons did a spoof on the Last Supper. Where was the outrage about that? There have been many other spoofs on it too. I guess it takes a drag queen to trigger some folks.

Celebrating godless degeneracy is not surprising from this poster.

Also, your side invented the term trigger. You should learn what it means.
Logos Stick
Hopefully a meteor hit it.
Raiderjay
Opalka said:

Simpsons: a comedy satire show where this would be expected.

The Olympics: a bringing together of nations for unity and athletic competition where this would not be expected and have "what" purpose.......

Not the same....
YokelRidesAgain
AG
Raiderjay said:

Ledecky is not a man. Don't believe everything you read on the Internet.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Tada
Bucketrunner said:

Then it needs to be French Christians.

Isn't Christ's kingdom not of this world but in the hearts of men? So what does a Christian "putting his foot down" look like?
Kenneth_2003
AG
Horn_in_Aggieland said:

Just turned on beach volleyball. Uniforms have changed. Now they wear yoga pants.
That was disappointing for sure...

But I saw someone mention it's more to do with the weather. It rained earlier today (evidence by the cycling events) and I don't think the high got out of the 70s.

ALSO... The hot air balloon cauldron were LEDs???
TAMU1990
AG

double aught
AG
Raiderjay said:

Are you trying to say Katie Ledecky was born male?
Tada
ATX_AG_08 said:

annie88 said:

Claverack said:

Being mocked and ridiculed is literally part of the Christian job description.
Raiderjay
YokelRidesAgain said:

Raiderjay said:

Ledecky is not a man. Don't believe everything you read on the Internet.
wow big mistake on my part...100% agree and very sorry for the confusion....I read that and immediately thought of Lia Thomas for some reason.....

I fall on my idiot sword in Seppeku and ask for a second to take my internet head......
C@LAg
TIL Paris is on the California power grid
Kellso
Kellso said:

Arkansas
North Dakota
West Virginia
Wyoming

Quote:

Divers Sarah Bacon, formerly of the University of Minnesota, and Kassidy Cook have won the United States' first medal of the Paris Olympics.

Bacon and Cook took home the silver in the 3-meter synchronized springboard competition, held at the Aquatics Center in Saint-Denis, north of Paris. This is the first time the U.S. has medaled in the event since 2012

Texan Kassidy Cook from The Woodlands (Outside of Houston) brought home the Silver Medal in Synchronized Diving!

Buford T. Justice
AG
Christians are not "feckless."
Buford T. Justice
AG
And when it is all said and done?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.