Muh Polls

60,554 Views | 764 Replies | Last: 22 min ago by agsalaska
techno-ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

Rapier108 said:

Irish 2.0 said:

Rapier108 said:

Waffledynamics said:

Somehow Biden gained in polling on... the economy???
Gas prices are down (thanks to another Biden SPR dump), stock market is staying up, and the media is telling us that new jobs are multiplying faster than a Catholic bunny rabbit.

The sheeple will believe whatever they're told.
That SPR release has zero to do with gas prices. The release was 1MM barrels of oil. You get ~22MM gallons of gasoline out of that. That is less than 1/15th of the US daily use.
It was 1 million barrels of gasoline, not oil. Also, Iran backing off dropped the price of oil.

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/05/21/biden-to-release-1-million-barrels-of-gasoline-to-reduce-prices-at-the-pump-ahead-of-july-4.html
Still a fraction of the daily use. So 42MM gallons of gasoline. The US consumption is almost 400MM gallons/day. So it is ~1/9th of a day's use.
Perception is a funny thing. It doesn't always line up with reality, especially in the futures market.
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
oh no
AG
So does ****ting your pants in Europe while your crackhead son is on trial help with the economy? Or has Pravda convinced the masses the economy is awesome now?
Rockdoc
AG
And then people go to the grocery store and pay their insurance bills, and tell themselves that our economy still sucks.
aggiehawg
AG
Barnyard96
AG
I guess Nate doesn't read Newsweek.
aggiehawg
AG
Barnyard96 said:

It IS a good question. How low is too low from which a recovery is even possible? Plus I'd wager that Nate believes the real numbers for Biden are much lower than that.
Deputy Travis Junior
Biden is reaching a point where "much" lower is becoming mathematically impossible
oh no
AG
Still plenty of time this summer for either Trump to be off'ed, Biden's family to be paid off, or both.
agsalaska
AG
Barnyard96 said:

I like that guy a lot. He writes in a stream of consciousness style that a lot of people don't like but he cracks me up. He just nerds out on this stuff.

Barnyard96
AG
He has a decent reputation. Im just taking a shot at Newsweak
agsalaska
AG
I know
Waffledynamics
AG
aggiehawg said:

If Joe is failing, he should be forced to run.

The Democrats chose this. You buy the ticket, you take the ****ing ride.
oh no
AG
Just like the regime usurped Bernie against their voters' will four years ago to install a more controllable empty suit #democracy(tm), they can simply chose someone else to install at their convention this year that their voters didn't vote for in their primaries again.
Irish 2.0
It would be Newsom or Mike Obama. Harris is too universally hated
TRADUCTOR
Biden won the primaries. Replacement is a pipe dream. lol you gonna lose.
LMCane
since you are quoting Nate Silver

Nate Silver also claims that

ANY Republican candidate other than Donald Trump would be beating Biden by +7
Rockdoc
AG
LMCane said:

But no other candidate made it did they.
Science Denier
AG
LMCane said:

LOL, yea. OK. I believe that dude.

It will be OK.
Barnyard96
AG
Rockdoc said:

LMCane said:

But no other candidate made it did they.

This.
oh no
AG
2023NCAggies
Looks like I was correct. Republicans have a huge shot to flip New Mexico senate seat. Granted it is her polling firm but it looks winnable, she has a big name recognition in New Mexico.

I hope Trump is sending money to these candidates. Michigan, Ohio, Montana, Nevada look to be the best chances to flip. Pennsylvania, Arizona, Wisconsin, Maryland and New Mexico deserve attention too. Need to see more polling for the senate. Cannot believe we have to squeeze our ass cheeks watching the Montana race, shouldn't even be a contest given the last 4 years. We need no money in West Virginia to flip.

Now New Jersey is in contention with two Dems running

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/polls/senate/2024/new-mexico/
Rapier108
Quote:

The Federalist: Ignore The Polls. Republicans Have A Major Voter Turnout Problem

If you read nothing but posts from conservative influencers on X, you'd be convinced that Donald Trump has already won the 2024 election.

The source of this sensationalized optimism comes from public polling data, which shows the former president with leads in key battleground states he needs to win this November. Some surveys also seemingly indicate that traditionally "blue states" like Virginia and Minnesota are in play.

With numbers like these and Biden's approval rating sinking faster than Rachel Levine in a swimming pool, there's no way Trump can lose, or so the conventional thinking goes.

While it's certainly possible the polls are accurate, the outcome of recent elections should give conservatives reason to pump the brakes on celebrating before any ballots have been cast. Case in point: A special election held in Ohio's 6th Congressional District on Tuesday.

The matchup between Democrat Michael Kripchak and Republican Michael Rulli wasn't expected to be a close race. According to the Associated Press, former GOP Rep. Bill Johnson who represented the district until his resignation earlier this year "won his last four elections by more than 30 percentage points." Trump similarly won the district by roughly 30 points during the 2020 contest.

While Rulli defeated Kripchak in Tuesday's matchup and expanded Republicans' thin House majority, the election was much closer than originally predicted. Preliminary results indicate Rulli won the race by 9.4 points a more than 20-point shift in Democrats favor.

But maybe last night's election was a fluke. After all, voter turnout was seemingly low and will likely be higher during this fall's presidential contest.

While such reasoning is certainly viable, it doesn't take into account the growing list of recent elections in which Democrats have widely outperformed expectations at the ballot box.

Take the 2022 midterms, for example. As The Blaze's Daniel Horowitz observed in November, the majority of polls predicting the outcome of the country's biggest gubernatorial and Senate races overestimated Republicans' chances of victory.

In Nevada's Senate race, for instance, the RealClearPolitics polling average showed Republican Adam Laxalt beating Democrat Sen. Catherine Cortez Masto by 3.4 points. Cortez Masto ended up winning the election by 0.9 points. Similar trends were also seen in Michigan's gubernatorial race, in which Democrat Gov. Gretchen Whitmer defeated Republican Tudor Dixon by 10.6 points despite the RCP average projecting the former to win by only 1 point.

These alarming trends continued into 2023. A FiveThirtyEight analysis published in September found that Democrats not only won the majority of special elections between January and September 2023, but that they over-performed their projected margins. Even in the smattering of races Republicans won, Democrats managed to surpass expectations.
https://thefederalist.com/2024/06/12/ignore-the-polls-republicans-have-a-major-voter-turnout-problem/

I know the standard MO from Trump supporters is to blame it 100% on fraud no matter what race, state, or location, but that is just a cheap cop out. Of course it will be the convenient excuse when Trump loses in November and we know that because of how many Trump supporters post about it daily.

Democrats spend hundreds of millions in the GOTV efforts. Republicans spend virtually nothing compared to that. Add to that the drag on every single race that is Trump, and it makes it very hard for Republicans to win.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
agsalaska
AG
Yea the ignorance of the ' muh fraud' people is at times infuriating. The problem with it, other than being mostly horse****, is that it is a disincentive to go vote.

Allowing the 'muh fraud' idiots to run unchecked for the last four years is one of the dumber things I have ever witnessed in politics. And to make it applicable to this thread I am not sure if the current polling is capturing it.

That all being said, things were different both times Trump was on the ballot. In both 2016 and 2020 polling undercounted Trump support. So not sure how applicable their examples are.
texagbeliever
There are polls based on who people are going to vote for, then there are polls based on enthusiasm and excitement. Yougov

In the poll linked:
Extremely + Very Enthusiastic vote for Trump: 71%, Biden: 57%.
25% of Biden indicated voters are not enthusiastic. While only 13% Trump.

Biden is not a generic candidate. He is quite possibly one of the worst candidates to run for president of all time.
agsalaska
AG
To be clear, these are two of the worst candidates of all time.
peacedude
AG
Polls...

As trustworthy as a morning fart after a night of cheap beer, Mule-Stomper shots, and greasy nachos.

P.S. NASA wants to know the proportions for maximum thrust capabilities.
MemphisAg1
AG
agsalaska said:

They really are. I voted for Trump in 2016 and 2020 but wish he wasn't the nominee this time. So much baggage. Any (R) not named Trump could demolish Biden in this election.

But we are where we are...

One thing Trump might have going for him this time -- but I don't have data to prove it -- is the anti-Trump vote probably isn't as strong as 2020. Back then, he was in office and the Trump haters wanted him OUT. Now he's on the outside looking in, and I suspect some of the haters aren't near as wound up as before.

Conversely, the anti-Biden vote is much stronger now than 2020. He has a record that's viewed poorly by most Americans.

It's not hard to see Trump slipping by Biden in November. Also not hard to see Trump blowing it with his big mouth, arrogance, and stupidity. I hope he keeps a lid on it and somehow manages to fire Biden.
Rockdoc
AG
One of the things most troubling to me is that the FBI desperately wants Trump to lose. They are scared to death of him and we all know what they're capable of. In my opinion they're gonna pull something before long.
JayM
Rockdoc said:

One of the things most troubling to me is that the FBI desperately wants Trump to lose. They are scared to death of him and we all know what they're capable of. In my opinion they're gonna pull something before long.
Like what? It's not as though they could be part of a current grand jury proceeding. There is none. Yeah, they don't like him. And yeah, they are corrupt. Sorry FBI guys. I want to like you people.
agsalaska
AG
Rockdoc said:

Yea man that's pretty far fetched. Makes about as much sense as the 'muh fraud' people.

Stop reading that stuff man. It's a bunch of nonsense.
TRM
AG
Rapier108 said:

Quote:

The Federalist: Ignore The Polls. Republicans Have A Major Voter Turnout Problem

If you read nothing but posts from conservative influencers on X, you'd be convinced that Donald Trump has already won the 2024 election.

The source of this sensationalized optimism comes from public polling data, which shows the former president with leads in key battleground states he needs to win this November. Some surveys also seemingly indicate that traditionally "blue states" like Virginia and Minnesota are in play.

With numbers like these and Biden's approval rating sinking faster than Rachel Levine in a swimming pool, there's no way Trump can lose, or so the conventional thinking goes.

While it's certainly possible the polls are accurate, the outcome of recent elections should give conservatives reason to pump the brakes on celebrating before any ballots have been cast. Case in point: A special election held in Ohio's 6th Congressional District on Tuesday.

The matchup between Democrat Michael Kripchak and Republican Michael Rulli wasn't expected to be a close race. According to the Associated Press, former GOP Rep. Bill Johnson who represented the district until his resignation earlier this year "won his last four elections by more than 30 percentage points." Trump similarly won the district by roughly 30 points during the 2020 contest.

While Rulli defeated Kripchak in Tuesday's matchup and expanded Republicans' thin House majority, the election was much closer than originally predicted. Preliminary results indicate Rulli won the race by 9.4 points a more than 20-point shift in Democrats favor.

But maybe last night's election was a fluke. After all, voter turnout was seemingly low and will likely be higher during this fall's presidential contest.

While such reasoning is certainly viable, it doesn't take into account the growing list of recent elections in which Democrats have widely outperformed expectations at the ballot box.

Take the 2022 midterms, for example. As The Blaze's Daniel Horowitz observed in November, the majority of polls predicting the outcome of the country's biggest gubernatorial and Senate races overestimated Republicans' chances of victory.

In Nevada's Senate race, for instance, the RealClearPolitics polling average showed Republican Adam Laxalt beating Democrat Sen. Catherine Cortez Masto by 3.4 points. Cortez Masto ended up winning the election by 0.9 points. Similar trends were also seen in Michigan's gubernatorial race, in which Democrat Gov. Gretchen Whitmer defeated Republican Tudor Dixon by 10.6 points despite the RCP average projecting the former to win by only 1 point.

These alarming trends continued into 2023. A FiveThirtyEight analysis published in September found that Democrats not only won the majority of special elections between January and September 2023, but that they over-performed their projected margins. Even in the smattering of races Republicans won, Democrats managed to surpass expectations.
https://thefederalist.com/2024/06/12/ignore-the-polls-republicans-have-a-major-voter-turnout-problem/

I know the standard MO from Trump supporters is to blame it 100% on fraud no matter what race, state, or location, but that is just a cheap cop out. Of course it will be the convenient excuse when Trump loses in November and we know that because of how many Trump supporters post about it daily.

Democrats spend hundreds of millions in the GOTV efforts. Republicans spend virtually nothing compared to that. Add to that the drag on every single race that is Trump, and it makes it very hard for Republicans to win.
Yup. The GOP GOTV effort is going to be pathetic. Trump wants to spend money on poll watchers rather than GOTV operations. Poll watching isn't going to do much good when the Dems are getting mail-in votes.
Rockdoc
AG
agsalaska said:

Rockdoc said:

Yea man that's pretty far fetched. Makes about as much sense as the 'muh fraud' people.

Stop reading that stuff man. It's a bunch of nonsense.

Didn't read anything. Saw it on tv
Barnyard96
AG
agsalaska said:

And they both broke records in 2020
agsalaska
AG
Barnyard96 said:

agsalaska said:

That's a fair point. But at the time Biden did not have a record to defend and Trump had not lost.
Barnyard96
AG
agsalaska said:

Barnyard96 said:

agsalaska said:

That's a fair point. But at the time Biden did not have a record to defend and Trump had not lost.

There's more on the ballot than the two candidates. A lot more.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.