"There Is No Climate Crisis"

87,125 Views | 928 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by oh no
DDub74
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The government can't solve much of anything (ex. homelessness, hunger, drugs, borders, stopping war but not that they want to, education, transportation, etc.) but people really think they can change the weather on this planet. Think about this . . . really slowly.
ShinerAggie
AG
It doesn't matter....because it's not really about weather or climate...it's about control. Why does every major "issue" require world communism as the only solution? If one is trained in incident investigation and asks "why would someone want to control CO2 emissions when they don't drive the climate?", they might be shocked at the logical outcome of that inquiry.
________________________________________________________ "Citizens are deceived en masse but enlightened one at a time."
CyclingAg82
AG
ShinerAggie said:

It doesn't matter....because it's not really about weather or climate...it's about control. Why does every major "issue" require world communism as the only solution? If one is trained in incident investigation and asks "why would someone want to control CO2 emissions when they don't drive the climate?", they might be shocked at the logical outcome of that inquiry.
B-1 83
AG
ShinerAggie said:

More BS. The only statistic that has any practical meaning is LANDFALLING major hurricanes. If ALL hurricanes attained category 5 status and recurved into the open ocean, it would be a non-issue. Regardless, here is some real historical context instead of cherry-picked propaganda:

Besides, here's the track of known historical storms:

Don't worry, wxmanx, you aren't the first one that's had to eat the " more and worse hurricanes" hype after being slammed with facts.
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
Mr Mojo Risin
AG
wxmanX said:

Although I am now convinced you have been running a pretty decent troll, this graph is just another scary looking ball of nothing.

It shows the departure from the average temperature between 1951 and 1980. The highest and scariest peak is a whopping 1.0 something celsius. So it's less than 2 degrees F higher than an average over a "massive" 30 year time period.
wxmanX
well, it doesn't have this year on it, which makes it 1.6C above that normal.

So, over a period of just 50-100 years we have warmed that much, and it will continue to go up with time.

wxmanX
I am right, there are more cat 5s in the ATL basin than ever before.

You are wrong as usual. Shiner Ag.
schmellba99
AG
wxmanX said:

So, over a period of just 50-100 years we have warmed that much, and it will continue to go up with time.

....and we are still significantly lower than the temps were a couple of thousand years ago, when your precious made up climate change garbage didn't even exist.

Just admit you really don't know much and are either making crap up, following your overlords because you are unable to think for yourself, or are just trolling. Either way, it's a worn out schtick.
wxmanX
schmellba99 said:

wxmanX said:

....and we are still significantly lower than the temps were a couple of thousand years ago, when your precious made up climate change garbage didn't even exist.

Just admit you really don't know much and are either making crap up, following your overlords because you are unable to think for yourself, or are just trolling. Either way, it's a worn out schtick.
I know more than you bud.

Have a MS in this, what you have?
schmellba99
AG
wxmanX said:

I am right, there are more cat 5s in the ATL basin than ever before.

You are wrong as usual. Shiner Ag.
1930's - 6
1940's - 1
1950's - 2
1960's - 5
1970's - 3
1980's - 3
1990's - 2
2000's - 8
2010's - 6
2020's - 2

So no, not more than ever before. 2010's were the exact same number as the 1930's. It's almost as if there is a fairly predictable cyclical pattern that every 30-40 years there is a peak, then it drops in number until another peak. Huh. Interesting.
schmellba99
AG
wxmanX said:

schmellba99 said:

wxmanX said:

I have common sense and the ability to analyze data without shreiking that the sky is falling.

DGAS what your little degree is in, the inability to use it logically means it's pretty worthless. Degree does not equate to smart or logical.
wxmanX
wxmanX
schmellba99 said:

wxmanX said:

schmellba99 said:

wxmanX said:

I have common sense and the ability to analyze data without shreiking that the sky is falling.

DGAS what your little degree is in, the inability to use it logically means it's pretty worthless. Degree does not equate to smart or logical.
Did I say the sky is falling? I am in a left wing cult, no.
I hate the democrats.
Did I say it is getting warmer, yes. It from us, yes.
schmellba99
AG
wxmanX said:

Wow, you posted the exact same thing I did, just in a pretty chart picture form. Impressive.

I bet it took an MS degree to do that, huh?
schmellba99
AG
wxmanX said:

schmellba99 said:

wxmanX said:

schmellba99 said:

wxmanX said:

I hate the democrats.
So you think the sky is falling. Gotcha.

As far as the left wing cult....yeah, no. You are full tilt in it if you honestly believe that any warming is a result of human activity and don't have the ability to look at historical data.
wxmanX
And there is a **** ton more cat 5's now.
wxmanX
schmellba99 said:

wxmanX said:

schmellba99 said:

wxmanX said:

schmellba99 said:

wxmanX said:

I hate the democrats.
So you think the sky is falling. Gotcha.

As far as the left wing cult....yeah, no. You are full tilt in it if you honestly believe that any warming is a result of human activity and don't have the ability to look at historical data.

Well, I guess you are right wing nut job, that believes whatever is on FOX.
jt2hunt
AG
Still no climate change that isn't a natural cycle
Beast of Burden
wxmanX said:

schmellba99 said:

wxmanX said:

You keep attempting this bizarre appeal to authority even though everyone with a brain is laughing at your efforts in this thread.

I would be way more apt to believe you have an MS in eating your own boogers than anything approaching the hard sciences based on this thread alone.
captkirk
AG
DDub74 said:

The government can't solve much of anything (ex. homelessness, hunger, drugs, borders, stopping war but not that they want to, education, transportation, etc.) but people really think they can change the weather on this planet. Think about this . . . really slowly.
World governments are far too incompetent and corrupt to ever be able to control the thermostat for the Earth. Think how nave and disconnected from reality one has to be to believe that possible.
wxmanX
Beast of Burden said:

wxmanX said:

schmellba99 said:

wxmanX said:

You keep attempting this bizarre appeal to authority even though everyone with a brain is laughing at your efforts in this thread.

I would be way more apt to believe you have an MS in eating your own boogers than anything approaching the hard sciences based on this thread alone.
Is this how you bash fellow Aggies?
What wrong with you? Good riddance.
captkirk
AG
wxmanX said:

How is "normal" computed. Show your work.
Beast of Burden
wxmanX said:

Beast of Burden said:

wxmanX said:

schmellba99 said:

wxmanX said:

Is this how you bash fellow Aggies?
What wrong with you? Good riddance.

You're not a fellow Aggie.

Also, please work on your grammar and language skills, Mr. Masters in Science.
ShinerAggie
AG
Not to mention the total lack of reading comprehension you display. I never said you were wrong about that little statistic. What I said was it is a meaningless statistic used to scare people. The number of landfalling hurricanes is what really matters regardless of how many more storms are detected via satellite (which certainly didn't exist for a large portion of your cherry picked timeframe) or are estimated to have category 5 winds when way out at sea (like this one).

It is curious that your "data" only goes back to 1924. Why is that? What about the Caribbean hurricanes in the 1700s and 1800s that reportedly killed 10,000 people or more at a time? Why don't isn't there an accurate count of the numbers of category 5 hurricanes before 1924?

I will hand you this, though. You managed to finally cobble together something resembling data to back up your inane and irrelevant post, so that seems to be some progress.

Old-school data suggests hurricanes in the Atlantic are not more frequent than in the past
Quote:

Due to changes in observing practices, severe inhomogeneities exist in this database, complicating the assessment of long-term changes7,8,9,10,11,12,13. In particular, there has been a substantial increase in monitoring capacity over the past 170 years, so that the probability that a HU is observed is substantially higher in the present than early in the record10; the recorded increase in both Atlantic TC and HU frequency in HURDAT2 since the late-19th century is consistent with the impact of known changes in observing practices7,8,9,10,11,12. Major hurricane frequency estimates can also be impacted by changing observing systems13.
________________________________________________________ "Citizens are deceived en masse but enlightened one at a time."
oh no
AG
the climate alarmism religion really hammers home the fact that the western world has a serious mental health epidemic in an overly medicated society
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
ShinerAggie said:

It is curious that your "data" only goes back to 1924. Why is that? What about the Caribbean hurricanes in the 1700s and 1800s that reportedly killed 10,000 people or more at a time? Why don't isn't there an accurate count of the numbers of category 5 hurricanes before 1924?

Massive traffic jams and industrial complexes caused localized CO2 spikes in the Caribbean islands in the 1700-1800s resulting in focused Cat 5s that wiped them out. Duh.

The Saffir-Simpson Scale was developed in 1971, so obviously it is being used to retro-rate the early hurricanes that had the most minimal data recorded on them. Any statistical comparison of hurricanes through time is probably one of the greatest stretches of statistical manipulation in this whole climate circle jerk.

Or better yet, my AI-Bot attempt like wxman:

Massive traffic jam and industrial complexes caused localized CO2 spikes in Caribbean islands in 1700-1800s resulting focused Cat 5s wiped them out. Duh.

Saffir-Simpson Scale developed 1971, it being used to retro-rate early hurricanes that had most minimal data recorded them. Any statistical comparison of hurricanes through time probably one of greatest stretches statistical manipulation this whole climate circle jerk.

Person Not Capable of Pregnancy
ShinerAggie
oh no
AG
name a smarter species on earth and list the species' accomplishments
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
Who would have thunk it, 1900, worst hurricane to hit United States (started in the Atlantic by the way). It also wreaked terror on the midwest and Canada. But let's not bring that into the discussion to someone that is worried about the heat in one summer.

Early on August 27, a ship encountered the first tropical storm of the season, while located about 1,160 mi (1,865 km) east of the southernmost islands of Cape Verde. It slowly strengthened while moving steadily west-northwestward and entered the northeastern Caribbean on August 30. The storm moved south of Puerto Rico and made landfall in Dominican Republic as a weak tropical storm on September 2. It weakened slightly while crossing Hispaniola, before re-emerging into the Caribbean Sea later that day. On September 3, the cyclone struck modern day Santiago de Cuba Province and then slowly drifted along the southern coast of Cuba. Upon reaching the Gulf of Mexico on September 6, the storm strengthened into a hurricane, while situated near Dry Tortugas.[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1900_Atlantic_hurricane_season#cite_note-HURDAT-5][4][/url]

Significant intensification followed and the system peaked as a Category 4 hurricane with winds of 145 mph (233 km/h) on September 8. Early on the next day, it made landfall near modern-day Jamaica Beach, Texas, with winds of 140 mph (225 km/h). Around that time, its minimum barometric pressure of 936 mbar (27.6 inHg) was observed. It weakened quickly after moving inland and fell to tropical storm intensity late on September 9. The storm turned east-northeastward and became extratropical over Iowa on September 11. The extratropical system strengthened while accelerating across the Midwestern United States, Ontario, Quebec, northern New England, and then New Brunswick before reaching the Gulf of Saint Lawrence on September 13. Later that day, the extratropical remnants struck Newfoundland. It then reached the far North Atlantic Ocean and began to weaken, finally dissipating near Iceland on September 15.[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1900_Atlantic_hurricane_season#cite_note-HURDAT-5][4][/url]

The storm brought heavy rainfall to Cuba, with up to 12.58 in (320 mm) in a 24hour period in the city of Santiago de Cuba. Much of Florida experienced tropical storm force winds, though no damage occurred.[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1900_Atlantic_hurricane_season#cite_note-mwr-11][10][/url] Hurricane-force winds and storm surge inundated portions of southern Louisiana, though no significant damage or fatalities were reported.[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1900_Atlantic_hurricane_season#cite_note-roth-14][13][/url] In Texas, strong winds were reported in the Galveston area, reaching 120 mph (190 km/h).[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1900_Atlantic_hurricane_season#cite_note-cline-15][14][/url] Storm surge cresting between 8 and 15 ft (2.4 and 4.6 m) inundated the entirety of Galveston Island.[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1900_Atlantic_hurricane_season#cite_note-hurricanehistory-16][15][/url] Every house sustained damage, with at least 3,636 destroyed.[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1900_Atlantic_hurricane_season#cite_note-cline-15][14][/url] In Galveston alone, approximately 10,000 were left homeless, out of a total population of 37,000.[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1900_Atlantic_hurricane_season#cite_note-17][16][/url] The actual death toll is unknown, though it is thought to be at least 8,000. Thus, the 1900 Galveston hurricane was the deadliest natural disaster in the history of the United States.[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1900_Atlantic_hurricane_season#cite_note-frank-7][6][/url] Property damage from the storm in Galveston alone was estimated at $30 million.[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1900_Atlantic_hurricane_season#cite_note-cline-15][14][/url] Farther north, the storm and its remnants continued to produce heavy rains and gusty winds across the Midwestern United States, Mid-Atlantic, and New England.[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1900_Atlantic_hurricane_season#cite_note-Partagas1-18][17][/url] The storm downed telegraph wires, signs, and trees in several states and caused 15 deaths in Ohio;[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1900_Atlantic_hurricane_season#cite_note-19][18][/url] 6 in Wisconsin;[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1900_Atlantic_hurricane_season#cite_note-20][19][/url] 2 each in Illinois and New York;[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1900_Atlantic_hurricane_season#cite_note-21][20][/url][url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1900_Atlantic_hurricane_season#cite_note-22][21][/url][url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1900_Atlantic_hurricane_season#cite_note-23][22][/url] and 1 each in Massachusetts and Missouri.[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1900_Atlantic_hurricane_season#cite_note-24][23][/url][url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1900_Atlantic_hurricane_season#cite_note-25][24][/url] The remnants brought severe impact to Canada. In the province of Ontario, damage reached about $1.35 million, with about $1 million incurred to crops. There were at least 107 deaths in Canada, mostly due to sunken vessels near Newfoundland and the French territory of Saint Pierre and Miquelon.[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1900_Atlantic_hurricane_season#cite_note-GHCA-10][9][/url]

Person Not Capable of Pregnancy
wxmanX
samurai_science
wxmanX said:

You are missing 250,000 plus years, can you post those? The dates you gave a meaningless without them. I dont think you understand how small of a time the dates you listed are, its sad you think this means something.
samurai_science
wxmanX said:

Take the L

VegasAg86
AG
samurai_science said:

I'm curious about the number of Cat 5 hurricanes during the Holocene Warm Period, the Roman Warm Period and the Medieval Warm Period.
TMF
AG
If there was a crisis and water levels were going to rise like they claim the Obama's wouldn't have bought their mega million dollar home right at sea level.

Follow the money.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
wxmanX said:

that shows TWO in a 4 year period so far (2020-2023). Wow. I bet there were never more than TWO in a 4 year period. Oh wait.

'32-'35 = 5
'66-'69 = 3
'77-'80 = 3
'03'-06 = 6
'16-'19 = 6

We got a ways to go this season to even be the 4th most in the last 100 years.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.