AB Finally Speaks

22,892 Views | 255 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by Stat Monitor Repairman
Aggie Joe 93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Coog97 said:

200K+ views... 221 likes

Absolutely glorious!

Ha! So 221 of their management org chart then?
Stat Monitor Repairman
torrid said:

Stat Monitor Repairman said:

Does Bud Light still have a 'born on date'?
Yeah, for when it started self-identifying as real beer.
Probably going to be a **** ton of expiring beer in regional distributors warehouses.

AB should act now and send all this beer to Ukraine. Maybe they'll all get drunk(er) and stop fighting.

Gigem314
AG
StoneCold99 said:

This is 100% confirmation that they were absolutely demolished sales-wise in the past week.

(Not that we didn't already know)
YouBet
AG
Tramp96 said:

deddog said:

StoneCold99 said:

The funniest part is their use of "heartland" and "freedom" and "hard work".

Some PR firm made millions off of that statement that says absolutely nothing but tries to say "we're sorry republicans" without actually saying it to stay woke.

This **** is why consumer businesses shouldn't get into politics. They can't apologize because that would piss off the rest of the country
This right here. It goes along with what I said earlier this week that these corporations have too much time on their hands if they can afford to get involved in politics and social engineering stuff.

Make the best product you can, workout the best distribution chain you can, do sound marketing research, and sell your product. That's all you need to do.

Agreed, but here is the problem. The generations after Gen X are demanding that all products take a stance on social issues including their own employees. And those stances are almost always left wing because those are the people who constantly whine and ***** about everything.

There is no way around it at this point.
ac04
DallasAg 94 said:

ac04 said:

AB's next earnings call is on 5/4, but that will only cover through march. so this likely won't completely shake out in the stock price until we hit the august call. we'll check on the stock after that.
Alcohol isn't a recoverable sale. If their sales in the past week are down, it is because people drank something else, not because they waited a week to buy what they were going to buy.

By 5/4, they'll know where their run rate is and if they will need to slow manufacturing and how much discount they have to throw to consumers to meet sales numbers.
yes i understand, i'm just saying the earnings call will cover performance through march and this ad campaign didn't launch until 4/11. slowing manufacturing and throwing discounts is not going to cover this whole mess, not by a long shot. if you're saying they're going to have to disclose those actions on the 5/4 call and could send the stock lower at that point, i agree. but i think august is when it really hits the fan.
HtownAg92
AG
AB CEO's Press Conference:

Stat Monitor Repairman
Major brewers had a huge windfall during covid.

Talked to an AB driver during the lockdown and he said delivery volume was like July 4th week every week during covid.

How did they turn around and **** that up.

All they had to do to be successful is do nothing. But they just couldn't get it done.

Sometimes the best decision is to not do anything.

YouBet
AG
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

Major brewers had a huge windfall during covid.

Talked to an AB driver during the lockdown and he said delivery volume was like July 4th week every week during covid.

How did they turn around and **** that up.

All they had to do to be successful is do nothing. But they just couldn't get it done.

Sometimes the best decision is to not do anything.

Alcohol in general killed it during COVID. I have family and friends in the business. They cleaned up.
TexAg1987
Moral High Horse said:

I want a free 24 pack with a picture of Trump on it and a seasonal commemorative Heterosexual brew released every year. Then all will be forgiven.

...and reparations.
My Name Is Judge
Old May Banker said:

Yeah... that's a major "we ****ed up" letter.

Except no apologies for promoting disgusting transfreaks

Looking forward to watching them continue to go down the drain
DamnGood86
AG
All he said was that I am the problem. A-B only wants to bring people together; it is me who is divisive. They were surprised I had this reaction.

I need to get over because they will continue to work tirelessly to unite us all.
AggieDub25
If anything, that was a "Please see past this because we employ a lot of people" declaration. They aren't sorry about a damn thing.
b_rad
AG
Boycott and continue to bury AB. It's too bad that there are still too many folks out there still buying nike. Would love them to feel some pain and regret too.
Crocker91
AG
Quote:

Platitudes. I don't see any accountability in that statement.
The person responsible should be terminated immediately. We all know that won't happen, and we all know why: because it's a woman.

Feminism destroyed the family first, this nation second. As perverse as it sounds to say this out loud, only conservative Islam and Chinese Communism will save the world from this cancer and restore rightful order across societies.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Miller and Coors CEOs should have an all hands and say "DONT DO ANYTHING"

STAY THE COURSE ... 'NOBODY **** THIS UP'
astros4545
AG
b_rad said:

Boycott and continue to bury AB. It's too bad that there are still too many folks out there still buying nike. Would love them to feel some pain and regret too.

Agree

But we must stay focused

One target at a time, concentrated efforts
Ozzy Osbourne
Yesssss goood. Gooooood. Crush them!
Redassag94
AG

Biggest take away. They are more afraid of the LGBTQIAP mafia than they are of middle America. Thing is those that might drink Bud Light short term because a dude cosplaying as a little girl drinks some Bud Light will not make up for stubborn middle America that will ditch the brand forever. I know people that STILL won't watch baseball because of the 94 players strike, or those that gave up on the NFL because of Kapernick, or won't by GM because of the bail out. This is something that could stick and be a market share they will never get back.
RedAssAg
Class of '94
Born & Raised in Texas, lovin Colorado!!
Ags4DaWin
No accountability in that statement.

Nor is it an apology
The joker tries to stand on his military service as an appeal to middle America.

**** 'em.
Ags4DaWin
Redassag94 said:

Biggest take away. They are more afraid of the LGBTQIAP mafia than they are of middle America. Thing is those that might drink Bud Light short term because a dude cosplaying as a little girl drinks some Bud Light will not make up for stubborn middle America that will ditch the brand forever. I know people that STILL won't watch baseball because of the 94 players strike, or those that gave up on the NFL because of Kapernick, or won't by GM because of the bail out. This is something that could stick and be a market share they will never get back.

I fall into all of these categories. Will never consider any of the above products under ANY circumstances.

I don't miss them at all. There are much better ways to spend time and there are much better products out there.
aggielostinETX
AG
This is going to be really interesting

https://instagr.am/p/CrB9arnviK4
“A republic, if you can keep it”

AggieKatie2 said:
ETX is honestly starting to scare me a bit as someone who may be trigger happy.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Says nothing while also putting up the "i served my country" shield. Weak. I have zero respect for people who throw up the "i served" force field after doing something stupid
Tom Kazansky 2012
AG
Space-Tech said:

Sales on the week are meaningless.

Stock is what investors care about. They are even on the week.

Notice how the CEO didn't mention that they are reevaluating their partnerships or marketing strategies.

In the end it is incredibly ironic that the "anti-cancel culture" conservative couldn't help themselves but beg for attention on tik-toc (something themselves want to ban right now) as they pour out bud light that they had bought themselves or run it over with a truck (Ford & Chevy both support lgbt+ policies) an replace it with Miller, who if anything has been pro-lgbt longer than any other brewery.

Get a grip. We are not going back to the 50's.

Nanomachines son
Coog97 said:

200K+ views... 221 likes

Absolutely glorious!

Ratio'ed like crazy.
jebbush
If homosexuality isn't a choice and they are born gay, does that mean that they're born to only vote Democrat?
Sgt. Schultz
AG
StoneCold99 said:

This is 100% confirmation that they were absolutely demolished sales-wise in the past week.

Seriously, that press release says absolutely nothing. Blah, blah, blah...we make beer. Blah, blah, blah
I know NOTHING!!!!
ThunderFighter06
AG
TAMU1990
AG
YouBet said:

Tramp96 said:

deddog said:

StoneCold99 said:

Some PR firm made millions off of that statement that says absolutely nothing but tries to say "we're sorry republicans" without actually saying it to stay woke.

This **** is why consumer businesses shouldn't get into politics. They can't apologize because that would piss off the rest of the country
This right here. It goes along with what I said earlier this week that these corporations have too much time on their hands if they can afford to get involved in politics and social engineering stuff.

Make the best product you can, workout the best distribution chain you can, do sound marketing research, and sell your product. That's all you need to do.

Agreed, but here is the problem. The generations after Gen X are demanding that all products take a stance on social issues including their own employees. And those stances are almost always left wing because those are the people who constantly whine and ***** about everything.

None of my kids or their friends are demanding this. It's only the liberal freaks that are. We all know people like this are the loud minority.
captkirk
AG
Old May Banker said:

Yeah... that's a major "we ****ed up" letter.
There was no apology in there
Stat Monitor Repairman
Quote:

I know people that STILL won't watch baseball because of the 94 players strike, or those that gave up on the NFL because of Kapernick, or won't by GM because of the bail out. This is something that could stick and be a market share they will never get back.
All good examples. This may have long term consequences

2023 and the King of Beers and perhaps the most American of all brands, worldwide gets hoisted by their own petard.

What a time to be alive.
aggiedata
AG
AB CEO right now

eric76
AG
StoneCold99 said:

I wonder what the Busch family thinks about this. Do they still drink Anheuser-Busch beer?
Stat Monitor Repairman
Sgt. Schultz said:

StoneCold99 said:

Seriously, that press release says absolutely nothing. Blah, blah, blah...we make beer. Blah, blah, blah
An camel is a horse designed by committee.

How many folks had their hand in that pot? Statement was probably circulated nonstop for a week.
TheEternalPessimist
AB's statement is not enough.

Anytime a company enters into the political realm like this, they must, going forward, be FORCED to pick a side.

You are either with leftist extremist groomers and perverts OR you are with traditionalists and God fearing Americans.

I am done with this game. The left demanded ideological purity. Until we do the same, we will continue to lose ground in this culture war. PICK A SIDE PEOPLE!
--

"The Kingdom is for HE that can TAKE IT!" - Alexander
eric76
AG
YouBet said:

Tramp96 said:

deddog said:

StoneCold99 said:

Any rational capitalist company should stay entirely out of politics and social issues. Their job is to provide a product of some kind and sell them. Their job is to make a profit for the owners, not to push any particular political viewpoint.

Any rational investor would stay away from companies that seem to think that their job is to promote social issues.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.