AB Finally Speaks

22,863 Views | 255 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by Stat Monitor Repairman
cbr
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
and i kept reading and thinking...ok... so far so good... so when are you going to say something.....aaaand its over.
deddog
AG
annie88 said:

Last night at Aggie baseball all the beet kiosks were barely used. They have Bud light, michelob ultra, some wines and water.

I got a Miller light at consession, I normally get michelob.

They fine effed up and they know it but his statement don't really address much.
YokelRidesAgain
AG
bones75 said:

I am all for the boycott- but AB is part of AB InBev, a massive Belgian company that owns, among others, Budweiser, Corona, Stella, Beck's, Busch, Modelo, Pacifico, Natty, Shock Top, Ziegenbock, Lowenbrau, Spaten, St. Pauli Girl, Foster's, Breckenridge Brewery, Elysian, KARBACH, Labatt, and Michelob. Plus hundreds of other labels in dozens of countries. Their only real competition is MillerCoors, which owns just about everything else.

So, if you want to avoid Bud, there's your list.
I don't drink anymore, so avoiding AB products isn't an issue.

But even if/when I did, I would almost never consume any products from one of the macrobrewers. Most of their products are adjunct lagers (using cheap grains instead of barley alone to cut costs), and essentially all of them are at best insipid and at worst frankly terrible.

There are well over 50 independent craft brewers in my metro area alone: i could drink a different beer every day for a year without touching an AB or MillerCoors product.

It really is like network TV shows: I haven't watched anything other than sports on ABC, NBC, CBS or Fox in at least 10 years. There's just better stuff out there, so why would I?

Marketing lady was just flat wrong: the prime market for new customers for the kind of product they're selling is composed of college kids/other young adults who want something cheap that will get them drunk and absolutely don't care what it is. Nobody drinks bleeping Natty Light because it tastes good. Some of those kids will develop brand loyalty/alcoholism and keep buying cases of Bud Light forever.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Stat Monitor Repairman
AB's best move rn is pay Joe Rogan $250 million to save the brand.
Urban Ag
AG
One of the smartest marketing campaigns, IMO, was the Natty one from like 8-10 years ago, I think. Maybe not that long.

It was a nice looking younger couple, hanging out at the house on the weekend. The house looked like your typical young, married, couple, starter home. The coffee table was a cooler with an iced down 24 pack of Natty and they called it "Natterdays".

Young. Low on funds. Getting started in life. Get a 24 pack of Natty, watch some football, get drunk, screw.

At least that was my takeaway. That's how you sell a ton of lower priced, mass produced, beer.
C@LAg
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

no, the best move is to bring back spuds

everyone loves dogs.
Pizza
Line Ate Member said:

How do you as the CEO, knowing what great advertising campaigns you have had - frogs, real men of genius, Dilly Dilly - look at this one and go, yep this is a winner.

All management for that company should be looking for another job. Talk about not knowing your base.

I don't think any of them are looking for new jobs, and the real question is why not. Seems like there are minimal to no consequences for stupid behavior.
Anyone who chooses to ride a bicycle in the street is a threat to themselves, and others. If a vehicle strikes you accidentally, YOU are at fault; and the laws of physics supercede all else when you're in the path of a 2 ton killing machine. Know your place, stay off the road.
Urban Ag
AG

Ok look. This beer is not bad. It's not good. It didn't make me puke. It's better if you're also stoned. I'm not going to call it piss because like most people I honestly don't know what piss tastes like. It's pretty cheap and you don't have to look like some pretentious dewsher buying it, or go to Whole Foods or whatever. So you know, get a case or two, get hammered, have irresponsible, unprotected sex with your girlfriend and enjoy the weekend. Shoot some arrows off the back porch or whatever.

Product saved

Stat Monitor Repairman
Amazing that this statement can backfire and amplify the ordeal … again.

They should have focus grouped this and paid some disinterested party to give them the straight dope.

Lol at them fretting over it all week and dumping this out on a Friday afternoon.

They scrambled and f'ed themself. How do you f up that bad? Again
Urban Ag
AG
C@LAg said:

everyone loves dogs.
Bring back tits.

Want to sell me beer? Bring out whoever the latest edition of Kathy Ireland is. Not twink in a tub. Simple.
C@LAg
Urban Ag said:

Bring back tits.

Want to sell me beer? Bring out whoever the latest edition of Kathy Ireland is. Not twink in a tub. Simple.
so what about this? it is not a "twink in a tub". and let's say is name is "Keith Ireland".

FCBlitz
StoneCold99 said:

This is 100% confirmation that they were absolutely demolished sales-wise in the past week.

(Not that we didn't already know)

Well Bill…..looks like you were asleep at the wheel while motoring around in your bus of freakazoids and really really F'd up. So either you are stupid or just disingenuous in that heart felt note about how much you love this country.

Can't imagine a mentally ill guy who dresses like a women is the image that just screams American Patriotism.
Urban Ag
AG
First, I love kokanee. Grew up making runs to BC to get it or just getting hammered on it at Whistler.

Second, while I can appreciate the gentlemen in the pic probably has to work very hard to look like that, along with the right genetic predisposition, no, that's not really gonna sell product for me.

Bu that's just me.
The Brazos Kid
C@LAg said:

everyone loves dogs.

Hate to break it to ya…

A real b****

This whole male/female thing been going on awhile now.

Ags4DaWin

Joe Rogan is not a fan of the transgender thing mostly because biological men are fracturing women's skulls in MMA now and he equates it to domestic violence and sanctioned assault of women.

He wouldn't touch this with a ten foot pole.
Not even for 250 mil
Buck Turgidson
I will only forgive AB if they fire the VP and resume "Real Men of Genius" commercials.

I still won't drink Bud Light (I never really liked Bud Light), but I'll forgive AB.
Bubblez
They just needed to tell their cis-gendered customers to tone down the transphobia
dreyOO
That was a terrible non-statement.

Cinco de Mayo will be the date they flinch imo. If it hasn't rebounded by then, especially with so many Mexican drinkers, expect a public corrective action.
Old May Banker
AG
Bubblez said:

They just needed to tell their cis-gendered customers to tone down the transphobia

You need a 6 pack of Bud Light too
zoneag
Bubblez said:

Shanked, you used to troll better than this, what happened?
YouBet
AG
Tom Kazansky 2012 said:

YouBet said:

Tramp96 said:

deddog said:

StoneCold99 said:

The funniest part is their use of "heartland" and "freedom" and "hard work".

Some PR firm made millions off of that statement that says absolutely nothing but tries to say "we're sorry republicans" without actually saying it to stay woke.

This **** is why consumer businesses shouldn't get into politics. They can't apologize because that would piss off the rest of the country
This right here. It goes along with what I said earlier this week that these corporations have too much time on their hands if they can afford to get involved in politics and social engineering stuff.

Make the best product you can, workout the best distribution chain you can, do sound marketing research, and sell your product. That's all you need to do.

Agreed, but here is the problem. The generations after Gen X are demanding that all products take a stance on social issues including their own employees. And those stances are almost always left wing because those are the people who constantly whine and ***** about everything.

There is no way around it at this point.

No they are not, good lord. This is a common platitude for globohomo, most people don't give a **** unless you give them a reason to. My generation, I am 32, and my youngest brothers and sisters (ages 18-24) literally don't care about any of that. Neither do their friends enough to not buy beer over silence over topics.

They will not buy beer when companies make a hard-lined stance.

New-age business wisdom is just like the 50s: Shut up about politics unless you want to paint yourself in a corner or unless you are a brand leader trying to drum up controversy.

You serious Clark? Of course I dont mean every single person but the younger generations are absolutely demanding their employers and the companies they buy products and services from align to their social causes and beliefs. If you don't think that or see that then you are naive beyond belief.
Pookers
AG
YouBet said:

Tom Kazansky 2012 said:

YouBet said:

Tramp96 said:

deddog said:

StoneCold99 said:

The funniest part is their use of "heartland" and "freedom" and "hard work".

Some PR firm made millions off of that statement that says absolutely nothing but tries to say "we're sorry republicans" without actually saying it to stay woke.

This **** is why consumer businesses shouldn't get into politics. They can't apologize because that would piss off the rest of the country
This right here. It goes along with what I said earlier this week that these corporations have too much time on their hands if they can afford to get involved in politics and social engineering stuff.

Make the best product you can, workout the best distribution chain you can, do sound marketing research, and sell your product. That's all you need to do.

Agreed, but here is the problem. The generations after Gen X are demanding that all products take a stance on social issues including their own employees. And those stances are almost always left wing because those are the people who constantly whine and ***** about everything.

There is no way around it at this point.

No they are not, good lord. This is a common platitude for globohomo, most people don't give a **** unless you give them a reason to. My generation, I am 32, and my youngest brothers and sisters (ages 18-24) literally don't care about any of that. Neither do their friends enough to not buy beer over silence over topics.

They will not buy beer when companies make a hard-lined stance.

New-age business wisdom is just like the 50s: Shut up about politics unless you want to paint yourself in a corner or unless you are a brand leader trying to drum up controversy.

You serious Clark? Of course I dont mean every single person but the younger generations are absolutely demanding their employers and the companies they buy products and services from align to their social causes and beliefs. If you don't think that or see that then you are naive beyond belief.

You got proof of this? I'm core millennial and have never seen such demands issued.
sanangelo
AG
At the San Angelo rodeo, Bud Light was removed from the beer selection.
San Angelo LIVE!
https://sanangelolive.com/
C@LAg
Pookers said:

You got proof of this? I'm core millennial and have never seen such demands issued.
guess we know who has not been invited to the super-secret millennial Discord server....
aggiejayrod
AG
zoneag said:

Bubblez said:

Shanked, you used to troll better than this, what happened?

Zhe's had a keg of bud light so far today trying to help make up the lost sales. Give zhim a break. She is kinda buzzed atm
Biz Ag
AG
ntxVol
TheEternalPessimist said:

AB's statement is not enough.

Anytime a company enters into the political realm like this, they must, going forward, be FORCED to pick a side.

You are either with leftist extremist groomers and perverts OR you are with traditionalists and God fearing Americans.

I am done with this game. The left demanded ideological purity. Until we do the same, we will continue to lose ground in this culture war. PICK A SIDE PEOPLE!
This the way.

If they want their customer base back, they're going to have to do some serious ass kissing. Otherwise, they can sleep in the bed they made.
CyclingAg82
AG
Coog97 said:

200K+ views... 221 likes

Absolutely glorious!
Ratioed......
C@LAg
Since AB's CEO is a CIA operative, it should be no surprise their agenda includes undermining mainstream america, even to the detriment of the shareholders.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
YokelRidesAgain said:

What she said makes every bit as much sense as for CBS to decide that every new show next year would be about transgender people because "ratings are declining".

You just completed the work of 12 consultants in the TV industry that would have taken them 6 months.

Person Not Capable of Pregnancy
Pookers
AG
C@LAg said:

Since AB's CEO is a CIA operative, it should be no surprise their agenda includes undermining mainstream america, even to the detriment of the shareholders.

Based and redpilled if you're not being sarcastic. Bet he's represented by CAA too.
dreyOO
sanangelo said:

At the San Angelo rodeo, Bud Light was removed from the beer selection.

Warms my heart
C@LAg
Pookers said:

C@LAg said:

Based and redpilled if you're not being sarcastic. Bet he's represented by CAA too.
1. yes, it was a joke. sort of.

2 but yes, he worked for the CIA in counterintelligence for several years.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/cia-beer-brendan-whitworth-path-ceo-anheuser-busch

At the time, Whitworth was dedicated to serving the country, first as a first lieutenant in the United States Marine Corps and then as an operations officer for the CIA's counterterrorism center.

Four years into his work at the agency, his older sister Kelty pushed him to apply to business school.
Pookers
AG
C@LAg said:

Pookers said:

C@LAg said:

https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/cia-beer-brendan-whitworth-path-ceo-anheuser-busch

At the time, Whitworth was dedicated to serving the country, first as a first lieutenant in the United States Marine Corps and then as an operations officer for the CIA's counterterrorism center.

Four years into his work at the agency, his older sister Kelty pushed him to apply to business school.

You dont quit the agency.
C@LAg
Pookers said:

C@LAg said:

Pookers said:

C@LAg said:

You dont quit the agency.
they are going to use Business Analytics to see were AB sales decreased, then release a targeted updated coronavirus to those areas to kill off "conservatives".

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.