AB Finally Speaks

22,886 Views | 255 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by Stat Monitor Repairman
astros4545
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Pookers said:

Detmersdislocatedshoulder said:

don't ever drink any Ab again. destroy them. this has to b the response. they want to pull **** like this destroy them and don't stop.
One of these companies needs to be made an example of. Bud light is an easy thing to drop for a local outfit.

They need to be a history lesson

This is the boycott to stay with till their bankruptcy

Put Spud Mackenzie's head on a spike
J. Walter Weatherman
Lol - that's one of the best corporate "saying something while saying absolutely nothing" statements I've seen in awhile. Reminds me of the "We here for you" plot from Tom and Greg in Succession.

But yea, there's no way he had any idea about that ad before it went out so it's just a cya move until people more onto the next outrage.
Stat Monitor Repairman
AB is up **** creek.

Lol at this.
93MarineHorn
Quote:

Quote:

It's like he thinks everyone will just forget about it and move on from their repulsive ad.
He's correct if that's his assumption.
Normally I'd agree with you. But this feels different, like it's the final straw for millions of regular Joes who've had it up to here with trans/woke bs. Bud Lite is so easily replaceable.
Old May Banker
AG
You deserve a six pack of Bud Light
agracer
AG
MemphisAg1 said:

Platitudes. I don't see any accountability in that statement.
So far all the responses on Twitter are saying the same thing.
YouBet
AG
What this should have said:

"We made a mistake having someone with an obvious mental health issue promote our product. We have halted that marketing campaign and recommended an appropriate mental healthcare provider for Mr. Mulvaney.

In the meantime, go to this link to secure a free 12 pack of Bud Light and enjoy your weekend.

Thank you."
_mpaul
AG
MemphisAg1 said:

If AB "never intended to be part of a discuss that divides people," it should have stayed out of politics. By hiring a dude that pretends to be girl, AB injected itself into one of the most divisive political issues of our time. If this guy didn't know that, then he shouldn't be CEO.

Plus, how am I supposed to take him seriously when he refuses to left or full justify his statement?
Paper. An insane deer. Taco meat.
ac04
Space-Tech said:

Sales on the week are meaningless.

Stock is what investors care about. They are even on the week.

Notice how the CEO didn't mention that they are reevaluating their partnerships or marketing strategies.

In the end it is incredibly ironic that the "anti-cancel culture" conservative couldn't help themselves but beg for attention on tik-toc (something themselves want to ban right now) as they pour out bud light that they had bought themselves or run it over with a truck (Ford & Chevy both support lgbt+ policies) an replace it with Miller, who if anything has been pro-lgbt longer than any other brewery.

Get a grip. We are not going back to the 50's.
AB's next earnings call is on 5/4, but that will only cover through march. so this likely won't completely shake out in the stock price until we hit the august call. we'll check on the stock after that.
Tramp96
deddog said:

StoneCold99 said:

The funniest part is their use of "heartland" and "freedom" and "hard work".

Some PR firm made millions off of that statement that says absolutely nothing but tries to say "we're sorry republicans" without actually saying it to stay woke.

This **** is why consumer businesses shouldn't get into politics. They can't apologize because that would piss off the rest of the country
This right here. It goes along with what I said earlier this week that these corporations have too much time on their hands if they can afford to get involved in politics and social engineering stuff.

Make the best product you can, workout the best distribution chain you can, do sound marketing research, and sell your product. That's all you need to do.

Moral High Horse
I want a free 24 pack with a picture of Trump on it and a seasonal commemorative Heterosexual brew released every year. Then all will be forgiven.
deddog
AG
Space-Tech said:

Notice how the CEO didn't mention that they are reevaluating their partnerships or marketing strategies.

In the end it is incredibly ironic that the "anti-cancel culture" conservative couldn't help themselves but beg for attention on tik-toc (something themselves want to ban right now) as they pour out bud light that they had bought themselves or run it over with a truck (Ford & Chevy both support lgbt+ policies) an replace it with Miller, who if anything has been pro-lgbt longer than any other brewery.

Last week you said you were sure this was a well thought out campaign with Market Research
Are you on the Bud Light marketing team ?
Cyprian
AG
I want a custom beer to celebrate having no mental illnesses
Muy
AG
Rip*91 said:

All I hear when I read this is: "**** You! We will do what we want and don't give two ****s what you think."

But he served our country so we should all give his company a free pass.
The Brazos Kid
From the comments…
93MarineHorn
Quote:

Quote:

deddog said:

This **** is why consumer businesses shouldn't get into politics. They can't apologize because that would piss off the rest of the country
This right here. It goes along with what I said earlier this week that these corporations have too much time on their hands if they can afford to get involved in politics and social engineering stuff.
Corporations (years ago) used to go out of their way to avoid anything remotely political for fear of something like this happening. AB, via Bud Lite, has given millions of beer drinkers a way to say "F you" to all the trans/woke craziness without any ramifications or fears of being cancelled themselves. They've empowered millions of conservatives who have felt powerless. It was such a massively stupid thing to do. It's like if Apple started running anti-abortion ads.
agracer
AG
Space-Tech said:

1st bold is not the same as what AB did.

No one is asking to to back to the 50's. We are simply saying stop pretending that men are women and telling us (or actually trying to force us) to participate in your insanity.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Does Bud Light still have a 'born on date'?
Ellis Wyatt
No apology at all.

**** Anheuser-Busch!
Muy
AG
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

Their beers identify as the freshest date.
DallasAg 94
Secolobo
AG
TChaney
Well Mr. Whitworth made his bed and now he can lie in it... Unfortunately for him he invited a troon into the same bed.
Bunk Moreland
Line Ate Member said:

How do you as the CEO, knowing what great advertising campaigns you have had - frogs, real men of genius, Dilly Dilly - look at this one and go, yep this is a winner.

All management for that company should be looking for another job. Talk about not knowing your base.

As the CEO, he isn't the one who looks at it and goes "yep this is a winner."

It's way below his pay grade. It wasn't a super bowl commercial or anything. It was a stupid paid spokesman masquerading as a teenage girl.

His statement is ridiculous as it says absolutely nothing and was clearly prepped by their PR firm. But as the OP said...it does mean the sales loss is significant.

And it is SIGNIFICANT. Not just the stock value. Sales are way down everywhere.
Secolobo
AG
BboroAg
AG
If you do not follow the government's mandated ESG you do not get access to capital funding (fyi- ESG is a United Nations construct - welcome to globalism)
LMCane
MemphisAg1 said:

no apology

no statement that they did anything wrong

but at least the CEO travels the country!!
Ellis Wyatt
fightingfarmer09 said:

Line Ate Member said:

How do you as the CEO, knowing what great advertising campaigns you have had - fros, real men of genius, Dilly Dilly - look at this one and go, yep this is a winner.

All management for that company should be looking for another job. Talk about not knowing your base.

I doubt the CEO signed off on anything more than "we are going to reach out to some social media influencers to generate some increased metrics on TikTok."
**** 'em!
LMCane
SA68AG said:

Let me know when you fire the Marketing Director who came up with the Trans promotion.

it's not the Marketing director!!

it's the videos of the VICE PRESIDENT of Marketing who had no problem at all with this campaign- and relished it because Bud Light was "an outdated brand losing money" and only for "frats"

even though numerous pictures show that same VP back in college participating in frat drinking parties
Tramp96
LMCane said:

MemphisAg1 said:

no apology

no statement that they did anything wrong

but at least the CEO travels the country!!

But that's the thing...they can't apologize, at least not publicly. This is what makes this such a boneheaded mistake to begin with...once you do some stunt like this, you are stuck with it. Period.

Their only hope is for peoples' memories to be short, or for their give-a-crapper to break.
Ellis Wyatt

Aborted on date: April 2023
Coog97
200K+ views... 221 likes

Absolutely glorious!
“Things weren’t gentle and politically correct in those days. We weren’t candy asses. Okay?”
-Frank Borman

“Who are you to doubt El Dandy? ‘Cause this guy’s a serious professional.”
-Bret Hart
torrid
AG

Yeah, for when it started self-identifying as real beer.
jt2hunt
AG
SA68AG said:

Let me know when you fire the Marketing Director who came up with the Trans promotion.

BQ78
AG
Unfortunately in America that is quite likely.

However, if people are drinking other stuff and finding out Bud is "sex in a canoe" and anything else is better, they may not be back for that.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.