AB Finally Speaks

22,872 Views | 255 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by Stat Monitor Repairman
StoneCold99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

This is 100% confirmation that they were absolutely demolished sales-wise in the past week.

(Not that we didn't already know)
MemphisAg1
AG
Platitudes. I don't see any accountability in that statement.
Line Ate Member
AG
How do you as the CEO, knowing what great advertising campaigns you have had - frogs, real men of genius, Dilly Dilly - look at this one and go, yep this is a winner.

All management for that company should be looking for another job. Talk about not knowing your base.
Old May Banker
AG
Yeah... that's a major "we ****ed up" letter.
Artorias
AG
MemphisAg1 said:

Platitudes. I don't see any accountability in that statement.
This.
oldord
AG
Nothing about an apology or saying they will no longer divide this country by imposing their views on us. **** Anheuser-Busch.
StoneCold99
AG
The funniest part is their use of "heartland" and "freedom" and "hard work".

Some PR firm made millions off of that statement that says absolutely nothing but tries to say "we're sorry republicans" without actually saying it to stay woke.
AGC
AG
That's a lot of words to say they have no ragrets other than losing money.
doubledog
StoneCold99 said:

This is 100% confirmation that they were absolutely demolished sales-wise in the past week.

(Not that we didn't already know)
At least they reached less than 0.3% of the population... Most of them do not drink beer... At least not domestic beer.

SA68AG
AG
Let me know when you fire the Marketing Director who came up with the Trans promotion.

deddog
AG
StoneCold99 said:

The funniest part is their use of "heartland" and "freedom" and "hard work".

Some PR firm made millions off of that statement that says absolutely nothing but tries to say "we're sorry republicans" without actually saying it to stay woke.

This **** is why consumer businesses shouldn't get into politics. They can't apologize because that would piss off the rest of the country
Rip*91
AG
All I hear when I read this is: "**** You! We will do what we want and don't give two ****s what you think."
Darth Randy
They literally said nothing other than "We are Anheiser Busch."
MemphisAg1
AG
Old May Banker said:

Yeah... that's a major "we ****ed up" letter.
Then they should say that. Be clear and up front.

I can easily forgive and support people who acknowledge they screwed up. I still do stupid stuff from time to time.

But stop hiding behind words.
45-70Ag
AG
Eff 'em
Ag87H2O
AG
There's not much remorse expressed in that statement. He certainly didn't walk anything back. More like can't we all just move on and be friends?

It's like he thinks everyone will just forget about it and move on from their repulsive ad.
Hanrahan
AG
StoneCold99 said:

That's exactly what that is. Eff em. They wanna wade into woke waters that's their new customer base. Not that I was buying that crap anyway so doesn't matter to me. But I sure don't mind these companies feeling the pain of these kinds of stupids moves.
Artorias
AG
AB getting savaged in the replies to that meaningless tweet.
fightingfarmer09
Line Ate Member said:

How do you as the CEO, knowing what great advertising campaigns you have had - fros, real men of genius, Dilly Dilly - look at this one and go, yep this is a winner.

All management for that company should be looking for another job. Talk about not knowing your base.

I doubt the CEO signed off on anything more than "we are going to reach out to some social media influencers to generate some increased metrics on TikTok."
Ag97
AG
That's a lot of words to say nothing at all. He knows they screwed up but glosses right over it. No commitment to go back to what made them an iconic beer and pop culture staple.

Go back to the days of Spuds McKinzie, the what's up bros and frogs. That was their heyday and if they don't stop wading into politics and virtue signaling to the woke mob, I hope they end up on the trash heap of history.

Pookers
AG
Ag87H2O said:

There's not much remorse expressed in that statement. He certainly didn't walk anything back. More like can't we all just move on and be friends?

It's like he thinks everyone will just forget about it and move on from their repulsive ad.
He's correct if that's his assumption.
Old May Banker
AG
I don't disagree, but wouldn't hold my breath...
rocky the dog
AG
Elections are when people find out what politicians stand for, and politicians find out what people will fall for.
Coog97
10.9K views... 79 likes
“Things weren’t gentle and politically correct in those days. We weren’t candy asses. Okay?”
-Frank Borman

“Who are you to doubt El Dandy? ‘Cause this guy’s a serious professional.”
-Bret Hart
Detmersdislocatedshoulder
don't ever drink any Ab again. destroy them. this has to b the response. they want to pull **** like this destroy them and don't stop.
Pookers
AG
Detmersdislocatedshoulder said:

don't ever drink any Ab again. destroy them. this has to b the response. they want to pull **** like this destroy them and don't stop.
One of these companies needs to be made an example of. Bud light is an easy thing to drop for a local outfit.
Nanomachines son
Line Ate Member said:

How do you as the CEO, knowing what great advertising campaigns you have had - frogs, real men of genius, Dilly Dilly - look at this one and go, yep this is a winner.

It's legit one of the worst not knowing your customer moves I have ever seen. These people don't even associated with their customers at all anymore and judge them from ivory towers.

Now that they have made bud light the "tr*nny" beer, that's what their customers will call each other if they see friends drinking it. It's not the 1960s anymore where small ads can be ignored, they go national to everyone in rural areas.

"You must like d*cks if you're drinking bud light!"

Good luck idiots.
rocky the dog
AG
Quote:

Go back to the days of Spuds McKinzie, the what's up bros and frogs. That was their heyday and if they don't stop wading into politics and virtue signaling to the woke mob, I hope they end up on the trash heap of history.

Elections are when people find out what politicians stand for, and politicians find out what people will fall for.
Phatbob
AG
As a response to their response, I will continue drinking the Shiner that I was drinking before all this happened. Dilly Dilly
45-70Ag
AG
*** beer
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Didn't see anything implying an immediate cessation of this idiotic marketing campaign and firing of the stupid ***** who thought it would be a good idea.

When I drink beer, a very rare thing, I have not typically drank this swill. Will certainly pass on it now.
Old May Banker
AG
Phatbob said:

As a response to their response, I will continue drinking the Shiner that I was drinking before all this happened. Dilly Dilly

Shiner Premium is the nectar of the gods.
ac04
going to be a long summer for these dumbasses.
rocky the dog
AG
Quote:

Now that they have made bud light the "tr*nny" beer, that's what their customers will call each other if they see friends drinking it.

Space-Tech
Sales on the week are meaningless.

Stock is what investors care about. They are even on the week.

Notice how the CEO didn't mention that they are reevaluating their partnerships or marketing strategies.

In the end it is incredibly ironic that the "anti-cancel culture" conservative couldn't help themselves but beg for attention on tik-toc (something themselves want to ban right now) as they pour out bud light that they had bought themselves or run it over with a truck (Ford & Chevy both support lgbt+ policies) an replace it with Miller, who if anything has been pro-lgbt longer than any other brewery.

Get a grip. We are not going back to the 50's.
PERSON - WOMAN - MAN - CAMERA - TV

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.