AB Finally Speaks

22,868 Views | 255 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by Stat Monitor Repairman
eric76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

Probably going to be a **** ton of expiring beer in regional distributors warehouses.

It would be interesting if independent distributors could file suit against them for destroying their business in pursuit of social issues.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Aggie Joe 93 said:

Coog97 said:

200K+ views... 221 likes

Absolutely glorious!
Ha! So 221 of their management org chart then?
Lol!
chilimuybueno
AG
It took 5 lawyers, including outside counsel, and nearly week to come up with that.

Get Off My Lawn
"Dear beer drinkers: we're sorry you feel this way."

**** off.

Their next move will be a fall-guy. Again, with great care not to define anything. The pr lady will go quietly with a statement that she "violated an important corporate policy" and a wad of cash under the table for her to play along.

They are desperate to avoid a true apology because that would enrage the rainbow mafia.

This is a great hill to fight on and I hope the "****** water" moniker sticks. If the beer drinking public can kill one foreign owned brand the reverberations in C-Suites across the nation could cause the "corporate progressivism" to stop in its tracks.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Too late dumbass CEO should have had the balls to tell that beotch working for you hell no we ain't putting that freak on our can ! We sell beer to straight men got it !
Like it or go to work somewhere else.

He could've done that but nope …. Enjoy it butt light lololol
Central Committee
AG
They intentionally stepped into the fray. Now they want out.

The letter is meaningless except the sentence that says they did not want to enter the debate. They only wanted their DEI and ESG brownie points.

This is the way. Make companies feel the pain for signing up to the DEI and ESG corporate shakedown / woke campaign.
AggieRain
AG
Quote:

or those that gave up on the NFL because of Kapernick,
Me
93MarineHorn
Quote:

They intentionally stepped into the fray. Now they want out.
Yep, that's why what's happening to them isn't cancel culture.
annie88
AG
Last night at Aggie baseball all the beer kiosks were barely used. They have Bud light, michelob ultra, some wines and water.

I got a Miller light at consession, I normally get michelob.

They fine effed up and they know it but his statement don't really address much.
Johnny04
Yeah who would have though attempting to normalize and popularize trannies to regular people would be divisive.
Cyprian
AG
Swing and a miss
Emotional Support Cobra
AG
Bottom line- we realize what we did but are still too scared to say anything bad about trans people.
FTAG 2000
AG
What a non-statement, lame ass response.

Unless we hear VP of Marketing Wokeness was canned in the next 72 hours, they haven't changed course.
Ellis Wyatt
annie88 said:

Last night at Aggie baseball all the beet kiosks were barely used. They have Bud light, michelob ultra, some wines and water.

I got a Miller light at consession, I normally get michelob.
John Sharp will keep pushing the woke stuff. Those are his people.
Old May Banker
AG
captkirk said:

Old May Banker said:

Yeah... that's a major "we ****ed up" letter.
There was no apology in there

Didn't say there was... just meant they know they **** the bed. They can't apologize anyway. Damage is done.
Get Off My Lawn
Important to remember:
1. Mulvany's audience is kids
2. He's peddling mental illness and genital mutilation … to his audience … which is children
3. His average follower is not legal to drink

AB voluntarily hired a child predator and cultural arsonist to promote alcohol to minors.

Now is the time to ramp up the pressure. As you go out this weekend - ridicule those who picks an AB product. There are plenty of better alternatives; spread the boycott.
H2Ag
AG
I thought the "new coke" case study was taught at all business schools. Guess not! Looks like we are going to watch AB do the old Enron trick, disappear as soon as possible.
YellowPot_97
AG
600 likes
YokelRidesAgain
AG
Quote:

"I will continue to work tirelessly to bring great beers to consumers."

LOLOLOLOL

That is what is so laughable about the stated rationale for the affiliation with the trans "influencer": 'our product is losing market share so we have to do something to appeal to a new audience.'

Your product is losing market share because it sucks and because instead of there being three options in beer like there were in 1980, there are like 5000.

What she said makes every bit as much sense as for CBS to decide that every new show next year would be about transgender people because "ratings are declining".

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Tom Kazansky 2012
AG
YouBet said:

Tramp96 said:

deddog said:

StoneCold99 said:

The funniest part is their use of "heartland" and "freedom" and "hard work".

Some PR firm made millions off of that statement that says absolutely nothing but tries to say "we're sorry republicans" without actually saying it to stay woke.

This **** is why consumer businesses shouldn't get into politics. They can't apologize because that would piss off the rest of the country
This right here. It goes along with what I said earlier this week that these corporations have too much time on their hands if they can afford to get involved in politics and social engineering stuff.

Make the best product you can, workout the best distribution chain you can, do sound marketing research, and sell your product. That's all you need to do.

Agreed, but here is the problem. The generations after Gen X are demanding that all products take a stance on social issues including their own employees. And those stances are almost always left wing because those are the people who constantly whine and ***** about everything.

There is no way around it at this point.

No they are not, good lord. This is a common platitude for globohomo, most people don't give a **** unless you give them a reason to. My generation, I am 32, and my youngest brothers and sisters (ages 18-24) literally don't care about any of that. Neither do their friends enough to not buy beer over silence over topics.

They will not buy beer when companies make a hard-lined stance.

New-age business wisdom is just like the 50s: Shut up about politics unless you want to paint yourself in a corner or unless you are a brand leader trying to drum up controversy.
Tramp96
YouBet said:

Tramp96 said:

deddog said:

StoneCold99 said:

Some PR firm made millions off of that statement that says absolutely nothing but tries to say "we're sorry republicans" without actually saying it to stay woke.

This **** is why consumer businesses shouldn't get into politics. They can't apologize because that would piss off the rest of the country
This right here. It goes along with what I said earlier this week that these corporations have too much time on their hands if they can afford to get involved in politics and social engineering stuff.

Make the best product you can, workout the best distribution chain you can, do sound marketing research, and sell your product. That's all you need to do.

Agreed, but here is the problem. The generations after Gen X are demanding that all products take a stance on social issues including their own employees. And those stances are almost always left wing because those are the people who constantly whine and ***** about everything.

But are they really? That's the narrative, but is it reality?

Do you think a 21 year old is going through the grocery store trying to pick their beer based on their latest woke campaign?

I just don't think the majority of even the millennials are making purchasing decisions based on this stuff. This was not a marketing decision, it was virtue signaling decision.
Ag87H2O
AG
YellowPot_97 said:

600 likes

CEO on seeing the response.
MemphisAg1
AG
YouBet said:

Tramp96 said:

deddog said:

StoneCold99 said:

It's not all people in those generations, just the ultra-liberal. I've got three conservative millenials and they despise all this virtue signaling. Just because the ultra-liberals demand something doesn't mean people should yield to them. They're demanding because they're accustomed to getting their way. Screaming and threatening works for them. They could use a big ole dose of "no!"
C@LAg
annie88 said:

Last night at Aggie baseball all the beet kiosks were barely used.
beets are gross.

how much were they selling them for?
TxTarpon
MemphisAg1 said:

Platitudes. I don't see any accountability in that statement.
Yeah
Bring back
bones75
AG
YokelRidesAgain said:

Quote:

"I will continue to work tirelessly to bring great beers to consumers."

LOLOLOLOL

That is what is so laughable about the stated rationale for the affiliation with the trans "influencer": 'our product is losing market share so we have to do something to appeal to a new audience.'

Your product is losing market share because it sucks and because instead of there being three options in beer like there were in 1980, there are like 5000.

What she said makes every bit as much sense as for CBS to decide that every new show next year would be about transgender people because "ratings are declining".

I am all for the boycott- but AB is part of AB InBev, a massive Belgian company that owns, among others, Budweiser, Corona, Stella, Beck's, Busch, Modelo, Pacifico, Natty, Shock Top, Ziegenbock, Lowenbrau, Spaten, St. Pauli Girl, Foster's, Breckenridge Brewery, Elysian, KARBACH, Labatt, and Michelob. Plus hundreds of other labels in dozens of countries. Their only real competition is MillerCoors, which owns just about everything else.

So, if you want to avoid Bud, there's your list.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Ordering a bud light at a bar will be the 2023 equivalent of the 80s and 90s single earring.
Maroon Dawn
AG
Line Ate Member said:

How do you as the CEO, knowing what great advertising campaigns you have had - frogs, real men of genius, Dilly Dilly - look at this one and go, yep this is a winner.

All management for that company should be looking for another job. Talk about not knowing your base.

Old white business men are scared to death of Woke and just want to run out the clock to retirement by letting Woke do whatever they want as long it preserves their position until they can dump this steaming bag of crap out on fire into someone else's lap
NCNJ1217
AG
H2Ag said:

I thought the "new coke" case study was taught at all business schools. Guess not! Looks like we are going to watch AB do the old Enron trick, disappear as soon as possible.

I get the point you're trying to make, but it's worse than that even. After the New Coke debacle, Coca-Cola Classic came back stronger than ever. There is no anti-****** Bud Light for AB to fall back on.
DTP02
AG
eric76 said:

YouBet said:

Tramp96 said:

deddog said:

StoneCold99 said:

Any rational capitalist company should stay entirely out of politics and social issues. Their job is to provide a product of some kind and sell them. Their job is to make a profit for the owners, not to push any particular political viewpoint.

Any rational investor would stay away from companies that seem to think that their job is to promote social issues.

At some point, some consumer goods company is going to come out with an ad campaign that says "we make quality products for everyone; we don't ask you about your political beliefs so we don't think you need to hear about ours" and it's going to be greeted incredibly enthusiastically by the populace. But big Corp is scared to death of the SJW lynchmob and they have too many Marxists in decision-making roles who think they have to get political, so no one wants to step out there.
johnnyblaze36
AG
Stat Monitor Repairman
Quote:

"we make quality products for everyone; we don't ask you about your political beliefs so we don't think you need to hear about ours"
Callahan Auto Parts
Brutal Puffin
AG
What a load of caca. All you care about is your damn bonus. You and your liberal elitist board can take your groomer activities elsewhere. We don't want them in the heartland. F U BUD.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Statement has a glaring falsehood… America wasn't founded on freedom, hard work, and respect.

It was founded on Freedom, Judie-Christian Principles, Reason, and the blood of tyrants.
Coog97
2.5M views / 756 likes

Where is this one ultimately gonna rank in the Pantheon of all-time disastrous Tweets???
“Things weren’t gentle and politically correct in those days. We weren’t candy asses. Okay?”
-Frank Borman

“Who are you to doubt El Dandy? ‘Cause this guy’s a serious professional.”
-Bret Hart

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.