Russia/Ukraine from Another Perspective (Relaunch Part Deux)

369,192 Views | 8276 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by Ags4DaWin
Teslag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ag with kids said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

Ag with kids said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

Ag with kids said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

Ag with kids said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

Teslag said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

Teslag said:

Russia has gone from two days to take Kiev to 5 months and counting to trying to take a single town two years later. Not sure I'd throw incompetence on the backs of Ukraine.

Is that why they fired their general? So much winning he had ro go?

Do we really want to talk about Russian commanders being relived out of windows or relieved out of the sky?

Can you count 65 of them? Score's posted, whats yours?
65 what?

Ukrainian commanders being intentionally killed?

Look again. The subject never changed.
I read this post and the ones it quoted. It appears you did not.

Its in bold in the last post. Youcan do it.
What score is posted?

What do you not understand? Can you name 65 Russian commanders that were "relieved out of the sky?" If so, commence at once. Otherwise, the score is posted.
What score are you babbling about? Where did you pull the 65 from?

I'm beginning to think you didn't survive the plane crash fully intact...

I don't even think he knows at this point
nortex97
AG
Quote:

Ukrainian troops retreated from Avdeevka because the regime of President Vladimir Zelensky knows how to fight only for money and only against civilians, Russian Foreign Ministry Spokeswoman Maria Zakharova wrote in her Telegram channel.

"No, not for that reason. But because ZePresident and the gang know how to 'fight' only for big money, which goes straight into their pockets, and only against civilians. Everything else doesn't matter to them," the diplomat said, commenting on Zelensky saying that the city was abandoned to save people's lives.

It was reported earlier that the Ukrainian operational-strategic group of troops Tavria, which is responsible for control of Avdeyevka, continued to surrender its positions in the city. "Ukrainian troops maneuver out of destroyed positions… and if necessary they take hold of new positions. Unfortunately, during one of such maneuvers several of our troops were captured," the group's commander Alexander Tarnavsky said.

These are the ones we are supposed to cheer for;

nortex97
AG

I am waiting to see a narrative/talking point shift;

Quote:

Well that was quick.

Following months of indecisive slugging on the flanks the Russians launched a vicious stab through the "neck" of Avdeevka south of the AKHZ industrial plant at the beginning of February, fighting through a heavily-fortified urban area with the help of an avalanche of guided bombs. After two weeks of vicious fighting they severed the AFU's remaining supply lines and pushed into open ground on the far side of the city, threatening to encircle thousands of Ukrainian troops. Total collapse and a rout of Ukrainian forces from the city followed within hours. Russian troops are still mopping up the urban area, but even the Ukrainian high command has admitted that the city is lost.

What struck me about this final Russian assault was how... familiar it felt. Russian troops would push forward and engage Ukrainian strongpoints, and then a hail of JDAMskis would turn those defensive nests into smoking craters and the Russians would march on. Ukrainian troops massed to counterattack were discovered by Russian deep reconnaissance and wiped out with missile strikes. The defenders of Avdeevka fought bravely by any measure, but they were simply buried by massed precision fire, omnipresent surveillance, and a bold Russian ground assault. Despite the full support of NATO, they got handled like ISIS did in half a dozen city fights in Iraq and Syria.

There's a talking point going around that the Russian paid dearly for their victory, but it's unfounded - particularly in light of the Pentagon essentially validating Mediazona's count of Russian casualties today. Let's compare Russian casualties during the Battle of Avdeevka to those during the Battle of Bakhmut. We'll assume Bakhmut kicked off on January 2nd, 2023 (more or less when the push on Soledar began), and lasted through May 20th, 2023 (per Wikipedia). The Battle of Avdeevka started with a Russian armored assault on October 9th, 2023.

There were 13,648 Russian soldiers killed in Ukraine from January 2nd to May 20th, 2023, versus a mere 5,232 recorded from October 9th, 2023 to February 1st, 2024 (the last day of data) - although Mediazona doesn't do well with recent casualties, so the actual count across the whole front line is probably closer to 8,000. This during a period of time when Russian forces have been active and attacking in several locations, unlike during the Battle of Bakhmut. Where Wagner solved problems with bodies, the regular Russian Army solves them with fire.

Making the reasonable assumption that a quarter of Russian losses during this period were suffered in Avdeevka (as is indeed suggested by the change losses after the battle started compared to the pre-assault baseline), the town cost the Russian Army approximately 2,000 KIA. By comparison multiple Ukrainian brigades (and elements of brigades cross-attached to stem the tide) were defeated in and around in the town over the course of the battle, with one - the 110th - wiped out completely. This strongly suggests the AFU suffered several times more casualties than the Russians over the course of the battle. Certainly, the reserves committed over the last two weeks in the failed attempt to stem the Russian breakthrough were quite weak, suggesting the Ukrainians have little left in the way of operational reserves despite endless mobilization efforts.

We'll see what may happen, but I know anything short of Russians marching through Kiev this afternoon and some will claim I was wrong about a definitive prediction.
Teslag
AG
Just checking in to see if Russia has taken that abandoned town they've tried to get for the last 5 months. They have right?
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
PlaneCrashGuy said:

Avdeevka has fallen. Perhaps Uke could've held if Uke had those 65 Uke POW's that Uke blasted out of the sky.

Uke incompetence remains the biggest obstacle in Uke's way IMO. They keep stepping on their own dicks. Here it was waiting too long retreat.

I still haven't heard about US aid going out, but I was assured it would happen "when the time is right." I wonder when that will be? Could be weeks, maybe.

You heard it here first. Avdeevka is Russia now and Ukraine has no hope of a counter offensive, because the troops they staged to counter got exploded by precision strikes before they could even get to the abandoned village. When it's this bad, Ukelele's gotta dance, deny, deflect, and spin for us. We're in for a real treat today when the supporters here show up.
nortex97
AG
Maybe you just can't handle it but saint zelensky has exclaimed Republicans are to blame for the 'withdrawal.'

Ukrainians have repeatedly cited the tactical significance, but what do they know compared to our keyboard warriors?

PlaneCrashGuy
AG
They finally "abandoned" the town with their tail tucked between their legs and their dead "stacked" in the storm sewers. I just love that we got this gem on schedule,

" Adviika still hasn't fallen" because its always denial 1st.
nortex97
AG
I genuinely pity the Ukrainian troops involved, including those captured. I saw some of them covered in dust/dirt/shaking. Just horrible.
Teslag
AG
nortex97 said:

I genuinely pity the Ukrainian troops involved, including those captured. I saw some of them covered in dust/dirt/shaking. Just horrible.

And Putin could end it any time he wanted. Don't forget that.
Teslag
AG
PlaneCrashGuy said:

They finally "abandoned" the town with their tail tucked between their legs and their dead "stacked" in the storm sewers. I just love that we got this gem on schedule,

" Adviika still hasn't fallen" because its always denial 1st.

I wonder if Nortex will call out this "war cheerleading".
John Armfield
seems like its pretty much game over for UKE at this point
Teslag
AG
John Armfield said:

Russia took 5 months to take a small town for their first accomplishment in 18 months.
John Armfield
Teslag said:

John Armfield said:

Russia took 5 months to take a small town for their first accomplishment in 18 months.
right but UKE couldn't stop it doesn't seem like they can at any point now
Teslag
AG
Was it over for Russia when they couldn't stop Ukraine from taking a few small towns this past summer?
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
Teslag said:

John Armfield said:

How will Uke stop Russia? They tried to stop them here and couldn't. What will be different in the next one?

Its no secret Russia is on plan B, which is a long drawn out war. So taking awhile is kind of their goal. Not sure what you think you're rebutting with the point that they move slowly after long stretches of constant artillery.
Mongolian Christmas
John Armfield said:

Teslag said:

John Armfield said:

I'm not a military kind, but I've always understood the Soviet/Russia strategy was to outman and outlast the enemy. Ukraine is done.
Mongolian Christmas
nortex97 said:

It makes me feel terrible to know that my tax dollars are going to support this joke of a war, a war based on globalist lies. Enriching the elites never felt so bad.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
Teslag assured us a few pages back that the US aid would come "when the time is right"

Teslag, do you have an update? Do you still believe this?
Teslag
AG
Mongolian Christmas said:

John Armfield said:

Teslag said:

John Armfield said:

I'm not a military kind, but I've always understood the Soviet/Russia strategy was to outman and outlast the enemy. Ukraine is done.

Like Afghanistan?
Teslag
AG
PlaneCrashGuy said:

Teslag assured us a few pages back that the US aid would come "when the time is right"

Of course. The defense industry always gets its way.
J. Walter Weatherman
nortex97 said:

Seems like you would want Putin to stop his unprovoked invasion then.
nortex97
AG
J. Walter Weatherman said:

nortex97 said:

Pitying the soldiers doesn't lead me to ignore the proxy wars origin and our role in funding and equipping them to be ordered into that cauldron of death.
J. Walter Weatherman
nortex97 said:

nortex97 said:

Pitying the soldiers doesn't lead me to ignore the proxy wars origin and our role in funding and equipping them to be ordered into that cauldron of death.

It does seem to lead you to blame everyone but the only person responsible for the war though, and the only person who could end the war today and save the lives of the Ukrainian and Russian soldiers you're so concerned about.
Teslag
AG
nortex97 said:

nortex97 said:

Have you considered for a moment that they may actually want to defend their country?
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
Teslag said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

Okay. When will the "time be right"?
PlaneCrashGuy
AG

nortex97 said:

nortex97 said:

It does seem to lead you to blame everyone but the only person responsible for the war though, and the only person who could end the war today and save the lives of the Ukrainian and Russian soldiers you're so concerned about.

Repeating falsehoods wont make them true, it just shows your ignorance. HTH
Teslag
AG
PlaneCrashGuy said:

Teslag said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

Weeks maybe
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
Teslag said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

Teslag said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

Weeks maybe

Until then you'll have to keep on hoping.
J. Walter Weatherman
PlaneCrashGuy said:

nortex97 said:

nortex97 said:

Which part is false? That Putin started the war when he decided to invade or that he could end it today by sending his troops home?
PlaneCrashGuy
AG

PlaneCrashGuy said:

nortex97 said:

nortex97 said:

Which part is false? That Putin started the war when he decided to invade or that he could end it today by sending his troops home?

Your message board bravado, while it probably sounded so good in your head, doesn't stand up to comparative analysis.
GAC06
AG
I have very sophisticated and complex opinions on Russia's justification for invading. It's probably too much for you to understand though, so I won't discuss it.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
GAC06 said:

I have very sophisticated and complex opinions on Russia's justification for invading. It's probably too much for you to understand though, so I won't discuss it.

The only thing you got wrong was using the word "probably"

Ukeleles show up here daily to **** out the same tired "Putin is the sole responsible," and in doing so demonstrate they lack the cognitive faculty to understand comparative analysis. Knowing that, why would I argue with a brick wall?
No Spin Ag

nortex97 said:

To quote Trump, "wouldn't it be great?"
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
GAC06
AG
Perhaps I should have used the word "maybe".

Surely you won't articulate your support for Russia's claimed justification which is so complex and nuanced because only a truly dizzying intellect could grasp it.

Surely it's not just because you post here dozens of times a day to troll.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
GAC06 said:

Perhaps I should have used the word "maybe".

Surely you won't articulate your support for Russia's claimed justification which is so complex and nuanced because only a truly dizzying intellect could grasp it.

Surely it's not just because you post here dozens of times a day to troll.

No, just delete 1 word and change the ending. The correct assertion would be:

I have very sophisticated and complex opinions on Russia's justification for invading. It's too much for you to understand though, so I won't waste my time.

You were very close though. How do they say it? A for effort?
First Page Last Page
Page 179 of 237

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.