Russia/Ukraine from Another Perspective (Relaunch Part Deux)

370,414 Views | 8276 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by Ags4DaWin
GAC06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Pretty much the definition of trolling. Thanks.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
GAC06 said:

Pretty much the definition of trolling. Thanks.

Call me when you let go of the "sole responsible" trope and I'm happy to talk.
GAC06
AG
Refusal to participate in good faith discussion is trolling. Enjoy your zingers while never actually daring to make an argument. Mods, this seems pretty clear cut.

"Please refrain from posting comments that are intended to draw other posters off-sides and not offered as a good faith attempt at constructive community discussion. We remove content meant to provoke and incite conflict within the community."
J. Walter Weatherman
PlaneCrashGuy said:

J. Walter Weatherman said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

nortex97 said:

nortex97 said:

I genuinely pity the Ukrainian troops involved, including those captured. I saw some of them covered in dust/dirt/shaking. Just horrible.

Seems like you would want Putin to stop his unprovoked invasion then.

Pitying the soldiers doesn't lead me to ignore the proxy wars origin and our role in funding and equipping them to be ordered into that cauldron of death.

It does seem to lead you to blame everyone but the only person responsible for the war though, and the only person who could end the war today and save the lives of the Ukrainian and Russian soldiers you're so concerned about.

Repeating falsehoods wont make them true, it just shows your ignorance. HTH

Which part is false? That Putin started the war when he decided to invade or that he could end it today by sending his troops home?

Your message board bravado, while it probably sounded so good in your head, doesn't stand up to comparative analysis.

So, you have no answer to which one of those is false? Thanks for confirming you're just trolling.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
Let's try another approach.

How many people bear any amount of responsibility for the fall of Avdeevka? Is Putin the "sole responsible" for Avdeevka belonging to Russia today?
PlaneCrashGuy
AG

PlaneCrashGuy said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

nortex97 said:

nortex97 said:

I genuinely pity the Ukrainian troops involved, including those captured. I saw some of them covered in dust/dirt/shaking. Just horrible.

Pitying the soldiers doesn't lead me to ignore the proxy wars origin and our role in funding and equipping them to be ordered into that cauldron of death.

It does seem to lead you to blame everyone but the only person responsible for the war though, and the only person who could end the war today and save the lives of the Ukrainian and Russian soldiers you're so concerned about.

Which part is false? That Putin started the war when he decided to invade or that he could end it today by sending his troops home?

Your message board bravado,while it probably sounded so good in your head, doesn't stand up to comparative analysis.

So, you have no answer to which one of those is false? Thanks for confirming you're just trolling.

Look again.
J. Walter Weatherman
PlaneCrashGuy said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

nortex97 said:

nortex97 said:

Your message board bravado,while it probably sounded so good in your head, doesn't stand up to comparative analysis.

Look again.

Should be simple - which of the below is false? Even made it easy for you since all you have to do is type a letter.

A. Putin started the war when he ordered the invasion.

B. Putin could end the war today by ordering his troops home.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG

PlaneCrashGuy said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

nortex97 said:

nortex97 said:

Look again.

Should be simple - which of the below is false? Even made it easy for you since all you have to do is type a letter.

You back pedaled, and deleted the word "only"

"Only" was the bravado part of your last post that was false. Thanks for fixing that. Nothing false here.
Ag with kids
AG
PlaneCrashGuy said:

Ag with kids said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

Ag with kids said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

Ag with kids said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

Ag with kids said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

Teslag said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

Teslag said:

Russia has gone from two days to take Kiev to 5 months and counting to trying to take a single town two years later. Not sure I'd throw incompetence on the backs of Ukraine.

Is that why they fired their general? So much winning he had ro go?

Do we really want to talk about Russian commanders being relived out of windows or relieved out of the sky?

Can you count 65 of them? Score's posted, whats yours?
65 what?

Ukrainian commanders being intentionally killed?

Look again. The subject never changed.
I read this post and the ones it quoted. It appears you did not.

Its in bold in the last post. Youcan do it.
What score is posted?

What do you not understand? Can you name 65 Russian commanders that were "relieved out of the sky?" If so, commence at once. Otherwise, the score is posted.
What score are you babbling about? Where did you pull the 65 from?

I'm beginning to think you didn't survive the plane crash fully intact...

I'll ask again:

Can you name 65 Russian commanders that were "relieved out of the sky?" We're waiting.
Why would I need to name 65 of them? Prigozhin and Utkin did.

Your love of the number 65 is nice though. I hope that one day you get to experience 4 more...
J. Walter Weatherman
PlaneCrashGuy said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

nortex97 said:

nortex97 said:

Look again.

"Only" was the bravado part of your last post that was false. Thanks for fixing that. Nothing false here.

I can see that with A, what percentage of blame would you assign to Putin? (The person who ordered the invasion and started the war)

If you meant B. who else could end the war today?
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
Ag with kids said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

Ag with kids said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

Ag with kids said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

Ag with kids said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

Ag with kids said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

Teslag said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

Teslag said:

Russia has gone from two days to take Kiev to 5 months and counting to trying to take a single town two years later. Not sure I'd throw incompetence on the backs of Ukraine.

Do we really want to talk about Russian commanders being relived out of windows or relieved out of the sky?

65 what?

What score is posted?

What do you not understand? Can you name 65 Russian commanders that were "relieved out of the sky?" If so, commence at once. Otherwise, the score is posted.

I'll ask again:

Can you name 65 Russian commanders that were "relieved out of the sky?" We're waiting.

Your love of the number 65 is nice though. I hope that one day you get to experience 4 more...

Maybe you missed it, but Uke blasted 65 of its own men out of the sky, so while we're keeping score on personnel "relived out of the sky,"'the bar (set by Uke) is pretty high. The onesie twosies wont add up quick enough, unless there are 60 some odd Russians killed by Russia you can let us know about? Still waiting for that.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG

PlaneCrashGuy said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

nortex97 said:

nortex97 said:

Look again.

I can see that with A, what percentage of blame would you assign to Putin? (The person who ordered the invasion and started the war)

Probably between 60 and 80 percent.

Zelensky could.

While we're here- what % does Putin bear for Avdeevka being part of Russia today? I'd say less than 40% for that.
Ag with kids
AG
PlaneCrashGuy said:

Teslag said:

John Armfield said:

seems like its pretty much game over for UKE at this point

Russia took 5 months to take a small town for their first accomplishment in 18 months.

How will Uke stop Russia? They tried to stop them here and couldn't. What will be different in the next one?

Its no secret Russia is on plan B, which is a long drawn out war. So taking awhile is kind of their goal. Not sure what you think you're rebutting with the point that they move slowly after long stretches of constant artillery.
Nothing different. Another 18 months with a 5 month push for the next town.

But, at this rate, Russia will get to Kyiv in the year 2525. So, you won't be around to see your country's glorious victory...
Ag with kids
AG
Mongolian Christmas said:

John Armfield said:

Teslag said:

John Armfield said:

Russia took 5 months to take a small town for their first accomplishment in 18 months.
right but UKE couldn't stop it doesn't seem like they can at any point now

I'm not a military kind, but I've always understood the Soviet/Russia strategy was to outman and outlast the enemy. Ukraine is done.
Yeah. Their standard military practice is for them to keep sending waves of troops to catch bullets until the enemy runs out of bullets.

If we keep sending them bullets, Russia gets to keeps sending more bullet catchers.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
Ag with kids said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

Teslag said:

John Armfield said:

How will Uke stop Russia? They tried to stop them here and couldn't. What will be different in the next one?

Its no secret Russia is on plan B, which is a long drawn out war. So taking awhile is kind of their goal. Not sure what you think you're rebutting with the point that they move slowly after long stretches of constant artillery.

But, at this rate, Russia will get to Kyiv in the year 2525. So, you won't be around to see your country's glorious victory...

"The demise of Uke will take so long its not important to have a strategy" is certainly a take. To each their own I guess.
Ag with kids
AG
Teslag said:

nortex97 said:

nortex97 said:

Have you considered for a moment that they may actually want to defend their country?
But, Putin has said that since they were part of Russia a long time ago, they're Russian now...so, Ukraine just needs to lie back and accept that.
Ag with kids
AG
PlaneCrashGuy said:

Ag with kids said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

Teslag said:

John Armfield said:

"The demise of Uke will take so long its not important to have a strategy" is certainly a take. To each their own I guess.
It's obvious you don't have any real take on this other than cheerleading for Russia killing Ukrainians...so, whatever.
Ag with kids
AG
PlaneCrashGuy said:

Ag with kids said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

Ag with kids said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

Ag with kids said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

Ag with kids said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

Ag with kids said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

Teslag said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

Teslag said:

65 what?

What score is posted?

I'll ask again:

Maybe you missed it, but Uke blasted 65 of its own men out of the sky, so while we're keeping score on personnel "relived out of the sky,"'the bar (set by Uke) is pretty high. The onesie twosies wont add up quick enough, unless there are 60 some odd Russians killed by Russia you can let us know about? Still waiting for that.
Wait, we're discussing commanders.

So, now you want to discuss other soldiers?

Make up your mind.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
Ag with kids said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

Ag with kids said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

Ag with kids said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

Ag with kids said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

Ag with kids said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

Ag with kids said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

Teslag said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

Teslag said:

65 what?

What score is posted?

I'll ask again:

Make up your mind.

The score is posted. Still waiting on your list of 65 Russians. Any day now will be fine. If you don't have it, just day that. It was Teslag that wanted to "keep score"
Ag with kids
AG
PlaneCrashGuy said:

Ag with kids said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

Ag with kids said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

Ag with kids said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

Ag with kids said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

Ag with kids said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

Ag with kids said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

Teslag said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

Teslag said:

65 what?

What score is posted?

I'll ask again:

Make up your mind.

The score is posted. Still waiting on your list of 65 Russians. Any day now will be fine. If you don't have it, just day that. It was Teslag that wanted to "keep score"
What is your fascination with comparing apples to transmissions?

Is it a requirement of troll school?
J. Walter Weatherman
PlaneCrashGuy said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

nortex97 said:

nortex97 said:

Look again.

Zelensky could.

So, just surrender his country to Russia? What about the Ukrainian citizens who don't want to be Russian?
PlaneCrashGuy
AG

PlaneCrashGuy said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

nortex97 said:

nortex97 said:

Look again.

Zelensky could.

So, just surrender his country to Russia? What about the Ukrainian citizens who don't want to be Russian?

What about them are you asking specifically? I reject your notion that Z would need to capitulate completely.
John Armfield
GAC06 said:

Refusal to participate in good faith discussion is trolling. Enjoy your zingers while never actually daring to make an argument. Mods, this seems pretty clear cut.

"Please refrain from posting comments that are intended to draw other posters off-sides and not offered as a good faith attempt at constructive community discussion. We remove content meant to provoke and incite conflict within the community."
why are crying to the mods about posts on the internet?
J. Walter Weatherman
PlaneCrashGuy said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

nortex97 said:

nortex97 said:

Look again.

Zelensky could.

What about them are you asking specifically? I reject your notion that Z would need to capitulate completely.

You said Z could end the war today. Even if he ordered a surrender there would still be at least some elements of Ukraine who would refuse to stop fighting. So again, the only person who could end the war today is Putin.

And with that, still very strange that you and the other "other perspectives" never seem to blame Putin for these unnecessary deaths considering he could stop this immediately. It's always Biden, Zelensky, the deep state, WEF, etc. and not the one person who could end it.

Almost as if you think Putin's invasion is justified, although we've already seen you won't answer that.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG

PlaneCrashGuy said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

nortex97 said:

nortex97 said:

Look again.

Zelensky could.

You said Z could end the war today. Even if he ordered a surrender there would still be at least some elements of Ukraine who would refuse to stop fighting. So again, the only person who could end the war today is Putin.

And with that, still very strange that you and the other "other perspectives" never seem to blame Putin for these unnecessary deaths considering he could stop this immediately. It's always Biden, Zelensky, the deep state, WEF, etc. and not the one person who could end it.

Almost as if you think Putin's invasion is justified, although we've already seen you won't answer that.

Which elements? Can you share more information about this hypothetical you have built in your head?

Also, what exactly did you think I meant by 60-80%?

Lastly, I noticed you've ignored the question about how much responsibility Putin holds for Avdeevka belonging to Russia today. Care to give it a go?
J. Walter Weatherman
PlaneCrashGuy said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

nortex97 said:

nortex97 said:

Look again.

Zelensky could.

Which elements? Can you share more information about this hypothetical you have built in your head?

Lastly, I noticed you've ignored the question about how much responsibility Putin holds for Avdeevka belonging to Russia today. Care to give it a go?

Yea, I don't think every solder is solely fighting for Zelenskyy and is instead fighting to stop Russia from invading, regardless of who is in charge of the country. You can choose to think differently if you want.

And since Putin is 100% responsible for the war, that would mean he's also 100% responsible for Russia finally taking one town after 6 months of fighting for it, including every one of the deaths on both sides that happened because of it. Massive breakthrough for the Russians though, at this rate they might make it to Kiev by 2034 or so.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG

PlaneCrashGuy said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

nortex97 said:

nortex97 said:

Look again.

Zelensky could.

Yea, I don't think every solder is solely fighting for Zelenskyy and is instead fighting to stop Russia from invading, regardless of who is in charge of the country. You can choose to think differently if you want.

And since Putin is 100% responsible for the war, that would mean he's also 100% responsible for Russia finally taking one town after 6 months of fighting for it, including every one of the deaths on both sides that happened because of it. Massive breakthrough for the Russians though, at this rate they might make it to Kiev by 2034 or so.

Thank you for your perspective. Are you at least willing to stop repeating

"And with that, still very strange that you and the other "other perspectives" never seem to blame Putin for these unnecessary deaths considering he could stop this immediately. It's always Biden, Zelensky, the deep state, WEF, etc. and not the one person who could end it."

when addressing me? I assigned 60-80% of the blame at Putins feet just a few posts ago, so I don't think thats a fair characterization of my position.
nortex97
AG
Quote:

A WAR OF LIES

The war in Ukraine is based on lies lies about how it started, how it's going, and how it will end.

We are told that Ukraine is winning when in fact it is losing. We are told that the war makes NATO stronger when in fact it is depleting it. We are told that Ukraine's biggest problem is a lack of funds from the U.S. Congress when in fact the West can't produce enough ammunition a problem that will take years to fix. We are told that Russia is suffering greater casualties when in fact Ukraine is running out of soldiers another problem money can't fix.

We are told that the world is with us when in fact the Global Majority believes U.S. policy is the height of folly. We are told that there is no opportunity to make peace when in fact we have rejected multiple opportunities for a negotiated settlement. We are told that if Ukraine keeps fighting, it will improve its negotiating position when in fact the terms will only get much worse than what was already available and rejected.

Nevertheless the lies will succeed in dragging out the war. Congress will appropriate more funds. Russia will take more territory. Ukraine will mobilize more young men and women to feed into the meat grinder. Discontent will mount. Eventually there will be a crisis in Kiev and the Zelensky government will be toppled.

And then, when the war is finally lost, when the whole country lays in smoldering ruins on a funeral pyre of their own making, the liars will say "well we tried." Having prevented any alternative, having smeared anyone who told the truth as puppets for the enemy, the liars will say "We did our best. We stood up to Putin."

In fact, they will claim, we would have succeeded but for the fifth column of Putin apologists who stabbed the Ukrainians in the back. Then, having shifted blame and patted themselves on the back, they will blithely move on to the next war, as they moved onto Ukraine after their disasters in Afghanistan and Iraq.

The lies are comprehensive but they will work.

This is why I find it silly to simply 'support Ukraine because Putin…"

Supporting the death of hundreds of thousands because of the policies advocated by people with this level of understanding, depth of warfare knowledge, intelligence, and policy alignments with myself is entirely irrational;

Finally, I guess I should restate this; the war has led to Russia's military growing, adding capability and depth of leadership with combat experience alike. It has allowed the Russian economy to expand and secure stronger alliances/economic ties with the enlarged BRICS group. It has strengthened Putin politically. It has weakened Europe dramatically, in addition to ensuring a future without Ukraine in it. Sorry, cheering Zelensky's government on just because 'well Putin is bad' is not a rational argument, today any more than it was in 2022.
docb
AG
This conflict is certainly causing Germany to rearm. I'm taking that as a positive out of this. We need our European allies to be strong and Germany more than any other. They certainly have the capacity to be a formidable military force.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
nortex97
AG
I am not sure it really is the driving factor, but rather the prospect of Trump pulling more American forces from Europe. The German military is utterly broken, with most of their equipment deadlined/not mission capable at any given point. They could overnight double their military spending and still not have a functioning army within 3 years.

Anyway, some interesting updates/rumors;

Quote:

Interestingly, rumor has it that Zelensky was desperate to hold Avdeevka through his time at the Munich conference, so as not to be humiliated. However, the withdrawal order was only given because the 3rd Brigade (Azov) had already totally countermanded orders and began withdrawing on their own, with other units possibly following. To stave off total collapse of the command, Syrsky was forced to give an official order of withdrawal, but Zelensky is reportedly furious, as per Resident_UA channel:
Quote:

Our source in the OP said that the Office of the President instructed the General Staff and the Security Council to conduct an investigation in the 3-brigade, which refused to comply with the order and enter Avdeevka in position. On Bankova, they are very angry at Syrsky, who promised to keep the city while Zelensky on a EU tour, but I had to urgently leave the most fortified positions that had been created in Avdeevka for ten years.
In quickly taking over such a large area, Russian MOD's official numbers claim a likely record day with around 2300 AFU either killed, wounded, or captured:

And while the pro-UA crowd scoffed, interestingly Ukrainian MP Peter Derbal gave the number as 850 soldiers lost in the Avdeevka retreat:

Quote:

The general gist of the Avdeevka battle appeared to happen along these lines: in the earliest stages, DPR units like the 114th were used as the spearhead and damage-soakers, reinforced heavily with Storm-Z penals. As the breakthroughs increasingly came, more Russian units were inserted from the 41st CAA. This culminated in the final couple weeks, as Ukrainian lines began to break, Russia inserted more elite Spetsnaz and scout units to push through swiftly and surround flustered and haggard Ukrainian defenders.

By the way, interestingly, the 74th seen above in particular had already liberated southern Ukraine once in WWII, as per wiki:

Ukraine's final consolatory cope is that Russia suffered upwards of 50-100k losses in taking Avdeevka, or so they claim. Unfortunately, this is not backed in even the slightest by their own most meticulous casualty analysts like MediaZona, which still has Russian losses dipping sharply in the last couple months:

Granted, January/February figures will likely be revised upwards retroactively, but probably not dramatically.

The problem is, UA sources pulled wool over their followers' eyes by continuously replaying old losses or showing highly edited videos which didn't actually represent many casualties. One recent demonstrative example: one of UA's top accounts, Dmitry from 'WarTranslated', posted a video earlier in the week claiming to show a Russian soldier walking around a corpse-strewn battlefield in Avdeevka. But his own geolocation of it was far east of Stepove, near Krasnogorovka, where battles had not raged in many months. In fact the strongest battles of that area were in early 2023, which is likely when the footage is fromas that's when Russia first captured the adjacent area, leading to the conditions which facilitated the later Avdeevka assault.

The flagrant lies and exaggerations, as usual, work against Ukraine.

Conversely, the losses as recorded by direct Ukrainian troops from Avdeevka are staggering, by all accounts. Some samples:
Anyway, more at the link.

Forever war, comrades.
docb
AG
Sounds like the time has come to rebuild the German war machine. Especially if they can't fully count on us.
nortex97
AG
Really I think that is a good idea and they are making some noises about it but I have a lot of skepticism they will follow through. Their 'green' or left groups would much rather spend money on things like social programs and wind mills etc.

They stopped even reporting mission readiness stats to the legislature a few years ago because it was so embarrassing. It's been just that bad for decades now.

What exactly is a 'progressive bundeswehr?'

Quote:

Scholz also formulated his political expectations: "The goal is a powerful, cutting-edge, progressive Bundeswehr that can be relied upon to protect us." The question is: How much progress has been made on fulfilling that pledge. Since then, after all, the Defense Ministry has been producing little in the way of announcements about restructuring and reform, instead landing on the front pages due to gaffes and catastrophic shortcomings.

One example: The commander of the 10th Tank Division reported to his superiors that during an exercise with 18 Puma infantry fighting vehicles, all 18 of them broke down. It was a worrisome incident given that the ultra-modern weapons systems are a key component of the NATO rapid-reaction force. There is a lack of munitions and equipment and arms deliveries to Ukraine have only worsened the situation. "The cupboards are almost bare," said Alfons Mais, inspector general of the German army, at the beginning of the war. Andr Wstner, head of the German Bundeswehr Association, seconds him: "We continue to be in free fall."
nortex97
AG

"March on Johnson, enemy of the human race."

LOLOL.
Ag with kids
AG
PlaneCrashGuy said:

Let's try another approach.

How many people bear any amount of responsibility for the fall of Avdeevka? Is Putin the "sole responsible" for Avdeevka belonging to Russia today?
If Putin had not had his military invade Ukraine, Adviika would be a nice, industrial city with a population of 32K.

Instead, it's an uninhabited pile of rubble.

So, yeah - Putin is solely responsible.

Kinda like the WWII activities in Europe were the sole responsibility of Adolph Hitler...
First Page Last Page
Page 180 of 237

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.