Pelosi Attacker

109,763 Views | 995 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by AGHouston11
johnnyblaze36
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
one safe place said:

Who uses a hammer any more, buy a nail gun and be done with it.
aggiehawg
AG
jac4 said:

I think we can all agree that Nancy should retire to spend time with her beloved family in these trying times. Events like this remind us what is truly important in our lives. Family, loved ones, health. Not clinging to political power while you're in your 80s.
She didn't even fly back to California until late this afternoon. I'm sure Wray or some other government official had a spare Gulfstream they could have loaned her. She has the money to pay the government for its use. I understand due to security concerns, they would not let her charter her own flight but he's 82 and going into a multi-hour surgery on his skull. Just him waking up from the anesthesia is not a given. Very dangerous surgery.

I would also expect Paul to be on various medications that could have impact as well.
Bill Clinternet
AG
Hmm has anyone verified this guys politics?
Pumpkinhead
AG
TAMU1990 said:

How in the hell does anyone get into her house? This is just weird.

News reports are there was no extra security at the residence at that time because Nancy Pelosi wasn't home (it was just the husband who came home).

He broke into the house (police said through a back door) and when the husband got home and discovered the intruder he called 911. Cops arrived on scene and actually witnessed the intruder attacking Pelosi's husband with a hammer. Cops tackled the guy. Husband now in hospital with skull fractures. Per news reports.
IIIHorn
aggiehawg said:

I would also expect Paul to be on various medications that could have impact as well.

EXCELLENT!
agent-maroon
AG
Quote:

By Ruth Ben-Ghiat, MSNBC Opinion Columnist

"We fight like hell," then-President Donald Trump told supporters Jan. 6, 2021. "And if you don't fight like hell, you're not going to have a country anymore."

Recent warnings of political violence during the upcoming midterm elections look more prescient by the day. On Friday, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's husband, Paul Pelosi, was assaulted in a targeted attack. (The suspect reportedly shouted, "Where's Nancy?" before striking Paul Pelosi with a hammer.) Meanwhile, armed men watch ballot drop boxes, election offices install bulletproof glass and poll workers undergo active-shooter trainings. To face this peril, it is essential to understand how people can be moved from partisan hostility to outright violence.
msnbc implying that it's Trump's fault

Shocked, shocked that they would blame this on Trump
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
shhopkins
AG
How long between when the cops were called and when they arrived on the scene?

We're they engaged in a physical altercation at the point that the police arrived?

Was the young suspect in his underwear struggling over who could get hands secure on his tool with Paul?

ProgN
Neehau said:

Hmm has anyone verified this guys politics?
agent-maroon
AG

I couldn't help but think of this...
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
aggiehawg
AG
shhopkins said:

How long between when the cops were called and when they arrived on the scene?

We're they engaged in a physical altercation at the point that the police arrived?

Was the young suspect in his underwear struggling over who could get hands secure on his tool with Paul?

That's the other part that makes no sense. Some reports are it was a wellness check, others have it as the alarm company called, others say it was a 911 call (although that could include the alarm company.)

So which is it?
aggiehawg
AG
Have you ever thought about the double entendre of that song?
C@LAg
  • DePape entered the Pelosi residence through a sliding glass door at the back of the house. Aerial footage showed broken panes of smashed glass at a door to their home.
  • His target was Speaker Nancy Pelosi. Instead, DePape found her husband of 59 years.
  • He confronted Paul Pelosi, yelling: 'Where is Nancy? Where is Nancy?.' DePape tried to tie up Paul Pelosi 'until Nancy got home.' When police arrived, the suspect told them: 'We're waiting for Nancy,' CNN reported.
  • San Francisco Police Chief William Scott indicated there was some type of confrontation between the two men involving a hammer. But it was unclear who the hammer belonged to - if DePape brought it with him or if Paul Pelosi had it for defensive reasons.
  • Scott said when his officers entered the home, they 'observed Mr. Pelosi and the suspect both holding a hammer. The suspect pulled the hammer away from Mr. Pelosi and violently assaulted him with it. Our officers immediately tackled the suspect, disarmed him, took him into custody, requested emergency backup and rendered medical aid.'
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

• DePape entered the Pelosi residence through a sliding glass door at the back of the house. Aerial footage showed broken panes of smashed glass at a door to their home.

Those doors are NOT sliding glass doors. They are multipaned French swing doors.
shhopkins
AG
C@LAg said:

• His target was Speaker Nancy Pelosi. Instead, DePape found her husband of 59 years.
  • He confronted Paul Pelosi, yelling: 'Where is Nancy? Where is Nancy?.' DePape tried to tie up Paul Pelosi 'until Nancy got home.' When police arrived, the suspect told them: 'We're waiting for Nancy,' CNN reported.
  • San Francisco Police Chief William Scott indicated there was some type of confrontation between the two men involving a hammer. But it was unclear who the hammer belonged to - if DePape brought it with him or if Paul Pelosi had it for defensive reasons.
  • Scott said when his officers entered the home, they 'observed Mr. Pelosi and the suspect both holding a hammer. The suspect pulled the hammer away from Mr. Pelosi and violently assaulted him with it. Our officers immediately tackled the suspect, disarmed him, took him into custody, requested emergency backup and rendered medical aid.'

Was this reported by CNN?
C@LAg
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

Those doors are NOT sliding glass doors. They are multipaned French swing doors.
those are not my words.

i cut/pasted that from cnn or a local san fran affiliate.

the only thing i added was bullet points
C@LAg
Sources told KTVU that authorities found a manifesto belonging to 42-year-old David DePape that contained conspiracy theories and anti-government COVID beliefs. He also allegedly had a list of other politicians he planned to target.
justcallmeharry
S
Is he still going to serve his jail time for his drunk driving?

No, this was genius to get out of it.

At least he was getting hammered at home.
If you think I am a liberal, you are incorrect. Assume sarcasm on my part. Sorry if something I post has already been posted.
Burdizzo
AG
agent-maroon said:

I couldn't help but think of this...

Imagine having to sing that song 3-4 times a week for the last 50 years.
C@LAg
shhopkins said:

C@LAg said:

Was this reported by CNN?
https://www.cnn.com/2022/10/28/politics/paul-pelosi-attack/index.html

The intruder confronted the speaker's husband in their San Francisco home shouting, "Where is Nancy? Where is Nancy?" according to the source. The man who assaulted Paul Pelosi tried to tie him up "until Nancy got home," according to two sources familiar with the situation. When the police arrived, the assailant was saying he was "waiting for Nancy."

Pelosi, 82, was taken to a hospital and underwent a "successful surgery to repair a skull fracture and serious injuries to his right arm and hands," Drew Hammill, a spokesman for Nancy Pelosi, said in a statement early Friday evening. The statement said that doctors expect he will make a full recovery.

When officers arrived at the residence, Scott said, they encountered "an adult male and Mr. Pelosi's husband, Paul." Scott went on to say that, "the suspect pulled a hammer away from Mr. Pelosi and violently assaulted him with it. Our officers immediately tackled the suspect, disarmed him, took him into custody, requested emergency backup and rendered medical aid."

So see above. Looks like the rewrote the article, but all the same content is there
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

If he hit Paul more than twice, at most, they did not "immediately tackle(d)" him.

The more we get into this story, the more it appears the cops' performance was less than stellar. Something held them back from reacting to that scenario as most cops are trained to do.

What was it?
The Dirty Sock
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

Not an expert but watches a ton of HGtv
C@LAg
lots of early reports mentioned sliding glass doors. likely was just leftover description from earlier accounts.
C@LAg
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

He also allegedly had a list of other politicians he planned to target.
Such as?
Opalka
AG
LegalDrugPusher said:

Lives in Berkeley an ultra liberal city. 42 years old but the interesting fact is he is a Canadian citizen. That fact alone puts a real wrench in the media and democrats hopes that they can link this guy to MAGA.

I know they will still try like hell to connect him to MAGA but him being a Canadian citizen makes that connection a little more difficult. So this guy has no voting record for the Dems and media to use.

Consider his previous comments and posts. the suspect allegedly posted dozens of articles and videos promoting a wide range of conspiracy theories related to the 2020 election, QAnon, climate change, the Russian invasion of Ukraine, Hillary Clinton and the FBI, among other topics. He also allegedly posted or shared antisemitic articles and videos and other hate speech.
I love how conservatives try to distance themselves from those topics when violence happens. "He's Canadian", "He's from Berkeley". Lame.
C@LAg
Paul Pelosi was able to call 911 at the start of the attack, according to a law enforcement source and another source familiar with the matter.

Pelosi managed to keep the line open and the dispatcher could hear a conversation in the background, according to the law enforcement source.

Pelosi was talking in code, said the law enforcement source, providing enough detail so that the operator overhearing it could understand that there was something wrong. At the same time, Pelosi seemed to be trying not to make it obvious to the intruder that he had an open line, the source described.

The source said the dispatcher could hear Pelosi speaking about what was going on and dispatched police to check on the house.

The struggle with Pelosi was captured on a police body-camera as police came through the door to intervene, according to one of the sources.
aTm2004
AG
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

Not an expert but watches a ton of HGtv
And have done a few whole house remodels. One learns to speak "contractor" and "architect"during that process. My most recent remodel, I drew out on my own using graph paper with a scale. Had some tight spaces wherein a quarter of an inch was a very big issue. Need effective communication for that precision.

And my Dad was an engineer. Proper nomenclature was an emphasis of his. Cement is a glue, not the same as concrete. Pavement is asphalt, not concrete. Motors are electric, engines are internal combustion and so on.
AgResearch
AG
aTm2004 said:

And his wife is hammered 365 days a year
FTAG 2000
AG
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

If he hit Paul more than twice, at most, they did not "immediately tackle(d)" him.

The more we get into this story, the more it appears the cops' performance was less than stellar. Something held them back from reacting to that scenario as most cops are trained to do.

What was it?

my guess - they were both naked.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

my guess - they were both naked.
Naked or not, 82 versus 42. One lives there, one does not. Not that difficult to perceive the difference.

So unless those cops have enountered similar situations that were non threatening at that location, hard to explain their slow reaction time otherwise.
Wearer of the Ring
AG
1. Sounds like Mr. Pelosi is likely to make a full recovery which is a very good thing.

2. Every time I have been arrested I have had under wear on.
Gigem314
AG
Saxsoon said:

Gigem314 said:

Demosthenes81 said:

Second time in recent months Pelosi is in the news for her husband being hammered.

You really…hit the nail on the head…with that one.
A man is dying/ in brain surgery regardless of his political persuasion
AOC has entered the chat.
Rapier108
All media outlets are are dutifully marching toward the "It's Trumps Fault!" and "Ultra MAGA!" Even Fox News is already calling this guy a "far right extremist."

Democrats on the campaign trail are demanding their Republican opponents apologize to Nancy Pelosi.

Democrats might get what they've been desperate for, a way to turn the election around because this will be all we're going to hear about for the next 11 days.
C@LAg
Rapier108 said:

All media outlets are are dutifully marching toward the "It's Trumps Fault!" and "Ultra MAGA!" Even Fox News is already calling this guy a "far right extremist."

Democrats on the campaign trail are demanding their Republican opponents apologize to Nancy Pelosi.

Democrats might get what they've been desperate for, a way to turn the election around because this will be all we're going to hear about for the next 11 days.
will be gone in a day or so.

people still have to buy groceries and fill up their tanks, and realize Thanksgiving and Christmas may have to be smaller

their anger will be back where it is today.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.