***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,556,269 Views | 47736 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by ABATTBQ11
Nitro Power
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Again...zero chance...at any payload...

That would set off a chain of events the World does not want to witness.
wessimo
AG
Joseydog said:

aggiehawg said:

Iodine tablets? What for?
Radiation

www.nukepills.com

Just placed an order
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

Again, it's a virtual certainty that Polish supplies are transferred to Ukrainian transport at their shared border.

Of course those Ukrainian trucks are at risk on their return run, but they won't be lined up in nice, neat, easily identified convoys, they'll be dispersed.
Would NATO provide air cover for them?
Stochasticman
Central Committee said:

Nitro Power said:

aggiehawg said:

Radiation and water purification. So the fear is Russia will use nukes or bomb their water infrastructure.
Zero chance Russia uses a nuclear weapon of any payload

A popular Russian theory of warfare in the European theater is to use tactical nukes an an effort to 'quickly sue for peace.' Russia knows they cannot win an air war in Europe and that the NATO forces would quickly get air superiority.

This is why the introduction of the Pershing missile by the US in the 80's helped end the Cold War. The Pershing was the great equalizer to the massive Russian armored ground forces.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermobaric_weapon

You don't quite need nukes, when you can have conventional weapons with yields up to 44Kt.

I doubt even Pootin would be that dumb though. The damage would be horrific.
aggie orbitalwelder
How much preposition heavy equipment is there in Europe?
Would units like 1cav, 1 infantry and 4 infantry have to ship most of their armor with them
Central Committee
AG
Nitro Power said:

Again...zero chance...at any payload...

That would set off a chain of events the World does not want to witness.

A rational person would think so. Pop the cork on the nuclear genie again and it likely doesn't get put back in the bottle.

Putin would not use in the Ukraine but very well might in a land war in Europe.
We may not always get what we want. We may not always get what we need. Just so we don't get what we deserve.
La Bamba
AG
https://twitter.com/DeItaone/status/1497283388155301894?s=20&t=NI-2jTnW4_W2MUSWN50LmA
Jsimonds58
AG
We have pre staged all the gear a long time ago, basically we fly the units over and they just fall in on the equipment already waiting for them
Keegan99
AG
74OA
AG
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

Again, it's a virtual certainty that Polish supplies are transferred to Ukrainian transport at their shared border.

Of course those Ukrainian trucks are at risk on their return run, but they won't be lined up in nice, neat, easily identified convoys, they'll be dispersed.
Would NATO provide air cover for them?
That would be combat ops. It would require a formal meeting of the Atlantic Council and unanimous agreement from all NATO members. Not happening.
Nitro Power
AG
Well if that happened, there would need no need to worry about anything. Crack a beer, light a cigarette, enjoy your loved ones, and most importantly make your peace with God. That would ignite a full blown nuclear war.
jobu93
AG
Keegan99 said:

that seems contrary to what China had pledged earlier.

this coupled with the financial side.... China is either very adept at slight of hand or they are equally drunk on the tit of lots of money as much of the West.
Who?mikejones!
74OA
AG
oldmanguy said:

Keegan99 said:

that seems contrary to what China had pledged earlier.

this coupled with the financial side.... China is either very adept at slight of hand or they are equally drunk on the tit of lots of money as much of the West.
PR pap for the gullible. If the CCP's lips are moving..........
Who?mikejones!
TRM
AG
jabberwalkie09
AG
LMCane said:

jabberwalkie09 said:

TRM said:

jabberwalkie09 said:

NATO/we are rapidly moving into a war footing imo. I fully expect the NATO response force to be reinforced with additional units.
Finland isn't part of NATO, but Russia just threatened them today if they apply.

I'm aware of their status and their renewed interest. However, my statement is more towards the general situation and reaction of NATO to the situation in eastern Europe.

this can't be real.

where does NATO think they will be able to put SAMs into Ukraine?!

there are likely no more flights by Uke aircraft anywhere around the country.

no way NATO sends in C-17s to Kyiv (and if they do that is a death wish and WWIII)

that seems to be massive disinformation or mistranslation

unless Stoltenberg just talking about trying to smuggle more Stingers across the Polish border.

that is really not going to do anything getting a few SUVs to carry equipment from Lviv.

Oh it's real and it's happening. A Polish minister confirmed having handed over equipment to the Ukrainians. You are aware that Ukraine shares land borders with Hungary, Slovakia, Poland, and Romania who are all NATO members? There's quite a bit of real estate there for stuff to cross over I would think.

Having thought on this for a bit longer, I really see this as more of a dare by NATO and us to see Putin's reaction much like his moves over the last couple of months.
Robert C. Christian
AG
Keegan99 said:

Yes, have a peace talks leading to transition of power to Russia backed goverment.
degreedy
AG
wessimo said:

Joseydog said:

aggiehawg said:

Iodine tablets? What for?
Radiation

www.nukepills.com

Just placed an order
I did as well. $57 for an 8 year shelf life, seems like a good investment to me.
Build It
AG
Yea I don't believe that is honest for a minute. Now that the whole world is behind Ukraine the Chinese need to save some face.

They are one of the reasons Putin was emboldened. They signed a deal to get 30 percent of all the energy developed by Russian in the arctic. They get to keep 80 percent of the equipment sent their. Essentially Putin sold a large portion of Siberia to China with this deal. He is cash rich at the moment. Biden and the rest of the world started buying Russian oil and Putin stockpiled the cash to get thru the sanctions he new was coming.
Vepp
Jsimonds58 said:

We have pre staged all the gear a long time ago, basically we fly the units over and they just fall in on the equipment already waiting for them

True for some units. However, my last rotation to Poland, we used rail from the Netherlands to bring all our Vic's. (2020-Brigade combat team-1cav)
aezmvp
jabberwalkie09 said:

LMCane said:

jabberwalkie09 said:

TRM said:

jabberwalkie09 said:

NATO/we are rapidly moving into a war footing imo. I fully expect the NATO response force to be reinforced with additional units.
Finland isn't part of NATO, but Russia just threatened them today if they apply.

I'm aware of their status and their renewed interest. However, my statement is more towards the general situation and reaction of NATO to the situation in eastern Europe.

this can't be real.

no way NATO sends in C-17s to Kyiv (and if they do that is a death wish and WWIII)

unless Stoltenberg just talking about trying to smuggle more Stingers across the Polish border.

that is really not going to do anything getting a few SUVs to carry equipment from Lviv.

Oh it's real and it's happening. A Polish minister confirmed having handed over equipment to the Ukrainians. You are aware that Ukraine shares land borders with Hungary, Slovakia, Poland, and Romania who are all NATO members? There's quite a bit of real estate there for stuff to cross over I would think.

Having thought on this for a bit longer, I really see this as more of a dare by NATO and us to see Putin's reaction much like his moves over the last couple of months.
Lots of this territory is also deep under NATO air umbrella and you have to remember without live recon cruise missiles probably won't be effective and the legs on the Russian aircraft aren't great.
74OA
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

LMCane said:

jabberwalkie09 said:

TRM said:

jabberwalkie09 said:

this can't be real.

It'll be MANPADS and Poland has already supplied a lot of those to Ukraine. This will be resupply. Polish convoy to border, loads transfer to Ukrainian transport there. Dispersed routes back into Ukraine. MANPADS
CS78
Quote:

This is why the introduction of the Pershing missile by the US in the 80's helped end the Cold War. The Pershing was the great equalizer to the massive Russian armored ground forces.

My dad was one of the trigger men on a Pershing missile battery in Germany in the 70s. Said the night Nixon resigned, they weren't given any other information but to remove the lock pins from the system. Major pucker.
jabberwalkie09
AG
74OA said:

jabberwalkie09 said:

LMCane said:

jabberwalkie09 said:

TRM said:

jabberwalkie09 said:

this can't be real.

It'll be MANPADS and Poland has already supplied a lot of those to Ukraine. This will be resupply. Polish convoy to border, loads transfer to Ukrainian transport there. Dispersed routes back into Ukraine. MANPADS

For sure. And I would guess this probably didn't *just* happen time wise. Just hope they work better than the two we saw yesterday that missed their intended targets after the Russians flared.
DapperDanMan
AG
Poland is becoming one of my favorite countries.
amercer
AG
Poland can't be excited about a new USSR on its border…. Russia can't open a second front right now, and doesn't want to engage NATO. So Poland can probably push pretty far with their support of Ukraine.
aggiehawg
AG
CS78 said:

Quote:

My dad was one of the trigger men on a Pershing missile battery in Germany in the 70s. Said the night Nixon resigned, they weren't given any other information but to remove the lock pins from the system. Major pucker.
nm.
GarryowenAg
AG
aggie orbitalwelder said:

How much preposition heavy equipment is there in Europe?
Would units like 1cav, 1 infantry and 4 infantry have to ship most of their armor with them
We have prepositioned heavy equipment in several key locations throughout Europe and at sea for this specific instance.
BD88
AG
TRM
AG
CS78
Jsimonds58 said:

82nd airborne is at the Poland/ Ukraine border "to help assist with refugees".
SidetrackAg
AG
Is this legit?
TRM
AG

ETA:
TexAgsSean
AG
I think that was a fake Walter Bloomberg account.
First Page Last Page
Page 51 of 1365

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.