***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,556,225 Views | 47736 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by ABATTBQ11
RangerRick9211
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
GAC06 said:

LMCane said:

erudite said:

Agthatbuilds said:

That's not good, Osa's make up the majority of Ukraine's mid-low altitude level (helicopter+ CAS) defenses. What was the Ukranians thinking? The Osa is a (relatively small) highly mobile, amphibious unit with its own radar and fire control. Break up the units and move separately.

I think a pretty obvious takeaway conclusion is that the Ukrainians may be brave, but they are nearly idiotic in their military tactics and deployments.

I was just a Captain in the Air Force, but after reading history books for the last 30 years I could have prepared a stronger defense than Zelensky did.

just read books on what the Germans did to the Soviets in Ukraine in the fall of 1941!!
Jesus dude. No. You couldn't.
100%, this is Barnes.
jabberwalkie09
AG

Some AAA by the looks of it in Odessa.
JoeAggie1010
LMCane said:

OPAG said:

Quote:

Canadian special forces are actually legit, we probably have some on the ground helping out. Since we have planes in the area we likely have combat controllers with the green berets
I can assure you, there are not US Green Berets in Ukraine involved in this in any capacity.

OMG could you imagine what Putin would do if the Russians captured US military personnel?!?!
You can assure? Are you assigned for EUCOM or SOCOM? Doubtful, because you would be sharing OPSEC. And that is EXACTLY what Army Special Forces is designed for. I, however, don't know if they are operating in this Operational Area.
Strongweasel97
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

LMCane said:

and this is the problem- while some Ukes are very brave, they have no tactical ability or even common sense.

this is about the worst possible way to try to defend an urban area

That looks kind of staged to me, like they're conducting drills. Just like watching. The Russian soldiers CNN conduct squad movements on TV yesterday.
Agree. In fact most of the still photos I've seen used for articles are previous "training" photos.
Zobel
AG
It seems like there's (at least) two instances of Barnes on this thread.
bigangrytexan
AG
LMCane said:

erudite said:

Agthatbuilds said:

That's not good, Osa's make up the majority of Ukraine's mid-low altitude level (helicopter+ CAS) defenses. What was the Ukranians thinking? The Osa is a (relatively small) highly mobile, amphibious unit with its own radar and fire control. Break up the units and move separately.

I think a pretty obvious takeaway conclusion is that the Ukrainians may be brave, but they are nearly idiotic in their military tactics and deployments.

I was just a Captain in the Air Force, but after reading history books for the last 30 years I could have prepared a stronger defense than Zelensky did.

just read books on what the Germans did to the Soviets in Ukraine in the fall of 1941!!
Idiotic? Are you on Putin's payroll? All you've done on this thread is spread lies and misinformation. Go back under your bridge you troll.

Congrats on being the first person I've ever muted on this site. These people are fighting for their country, their families, their homes from a foreign aggressor and all you have done is trash them. God help you if you're ever in a similar situation.

USMC 0231, 2003-2008
OIF, OEF
RangerRick9211
AG
NATO up: https://www.nato.int/cps/en/natohq/events_67375.htm
erudite

Nuclear Regulation Service of Ukraine claiming abnormal levels of radiation in Chernobyl again.

Quote:

, , - ( ) . .
Translation:
Quote:

Data from the Automated Radiation Control System of the Exclusion Zone, which are available online, indicate that the control levels of gamma radiation dose rate (red dots) have been exceeded at a significant part of the observation points. Due to the occupation and hostilities, it is currently impossible to establish the reasons for the change in the radiation background in the exclusion zone.

Strongweasel97
AG
LMCane said:

GAC06 said:

LMCane said:

and this is the problem- while some Ukes are very brave, they have no tactical ability or even common sense.

Or it's a photo op. They've been at war for eight years.
Reuters claims it was a new photo just taken in Kyiv
in that case....yikes.
Seabreeze
RangerRick9211 said:

GAC06 said:

LMCane said:

erudite said:

Agthatbuilds said:

Jesus dude. No. You couldn't.
100%, this is Barnes.

100%
ABATTBQ11
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

Are you ****ing kidding me? This just about deserves its own ****ing thread!

Quote:

WASHINGTON Over three months, senior Biden administration officials held half a dozen urgent meetings with top Chinese officials in which the Americans presented intelligence showing Russia's troop buildup around Ukraine and beseeched the Chinese to tell Russia not to invade, according to U.S. officials.

Each time, the Chinese officials, including the foreign minister and the ambassador to the United States, rebuffed the Americans, saying they did not think an invasion was in the works. After one diplomatic exchange in December, U.S. officials got intelligence showing Beijing had shared the information with Moscow, telling the Russians that the United States was trying to sow discord and that China would not try to impede Russian plans and actions, the officials said

Biden really is that stupid
oneeyedag
Just goes to show what a dumpster fire this administration really is, and how much preparation Zelinsky really had if true!
ABATTBQ11
AG
japantiger said:

JobSecurity said:

Color me skeptical.

There are already multiple reports of ships in the Black Sea being attacked
JobSecurity
AG
jabberwalkie09
AG

If true, good on Poland!
TRM
AG
Strongweasel97 said:

LMCane said:

GAC06 said:

LMCane said:

Or it's a photo op. They've been at war for eight years.
Reuters claims it was a new photo just taken in Kyiv
in that case....yikes.
That's the National Guard not the Army, if it makes you feel better.
74OA
AG
ABATTBQ11 said:

japantiger said:

JobSecurity said:

Color me skeptical.

There are already multiple reports of ships in the Black Sea being attacked
YEP.
JobSecurity
AG
JobSecurity
AG
HumpitPuryear
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

If true, good on Poland!
Why on earth would they announce this? Why poke the bear? Putin will no doubt view this as the kind of interference he clearly wanted about.
ABATTBQ11
AG
JobSecurity said:

It's a little late...
JobSecurity
AG
txags92
AG
JobSecurity said:

Hopefully those "air defense systems" include some F35s piloted by Nato pilots and guided by AWACs.
jabberwalkie09
AG

NATO/we are rapidly moving into a war footing imo. I fully expect the NATO response force to be reinforced with additional units.
SPSAg05
AG
TRM
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

NATO/we are rapidly moving into a war footing imo. I fully expect the NATO response force to be reinforced with additional units.
Finland isn't part of NATO, but Russia just threatened them today if they apply.
GAC06
AG
Finland also said they'd join NATO if threatened
Womackster
AG
LMCane said:

erudite said:

Agthatbuilds said:

Maginot Smudge
htownag10
AG
I was scrutinized when I brought this up about Finland during the first 8 pages of this thread but here we are...
jabberwalkie09
AG
TRM said:

jabberwalkie09 said:

Finland isn't part of NATO, but Russia just threatened them today if they apply.

I'm aware of their status and their renewed interest. However, my statement is more towards the general situation and reaction of NATO to the situation in eastern Europe.

oneeyedag
Where do I sign up on the bulk purchase 9mm plan?
Lorne Malvo
AG
JobSecurity said:

I'm already seeing where they hit an elementary school. Don't want to post the Twitter thread here because there are bodies in the images.
jabberwalkie09
AG
oneeyedag said:

Where do I sign up on the bulk purchase 9mm plan?

Tell me about it. Primers are currently almost three times what they were at the beginning of 2020.
74OA
AG
Russian navy getting more involved, including attacking neutral commercial shipping.

Escalation
redsquirrelAG
AG
Surely school was not in session today. Hope they aren't housing there.
First Page Last Page
Page 48 of 1365

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.