Alec Baldwin may be in some hot water

163,583 Views | 1634 Replies | Last: 21 days ago by Daveintx
Marcus Brutus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
He should be charged with manslaughter.
aggiedata
AG
Pictures from the scene?

VaultingChemist
AG
One of the most popular blanks used in western movies is a .45 Long Colt. The ones I have used have crimped brass ends, and can be either full loads or half loads (mainly for indoors). Even the half loads are very powerful.

Edit for picture of package of actual blanks. Notice the explicit warning that comes with the blanks.

fixer
First thing I thought was Alec lost his **** and just shot these people.
TChaney
A reply to that tweet.

(usually the original tweet shows on an embed reply..)
angus55
While I absolutely do not agree with his political views, I would not wish this situation on anyone period. This is not a situation I would take any delight in it happening to him. It is a terrible tragic incident that he, the victims' families, and that crew will have to live with the rest of their lives.
We'll win this war, but we'll win it only by fighting and by showing the Germans that we've got more guts than they have, or ever will have. We're not going to just shoot the sons-of-b******, were going to rip out their living G*******d guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks. We're going to murder those lousy Hun c********** by the bushel-f****** basket. War is a bloody killing business. You've got to spill their blood or they will spill yours. Rip them up the belly. Shot them in the guts.
Mas89
AG
thirdcoast said:

What a schmuck. Own it commie lib.
Gordon Bombay
AG
Can't wait for liberal lecture about how guns are dangerous and should be banned from him now…
rwtxag83
AG
If it was a shotgun, firing a 'blank' is deadly at close range. A blank has a 'wad' which is usually a piece of plastic to hold down the explosive/propellant material that makes the 'bang' report. It travels out the barrel with enough force to easily kill if you are close. Everyone who handles a weapon should be aware of it's potential danger and never use it in a way that is not deliberate.

Every US Marine knows the phrase: CLEAR ALL WEPONS BEFORE LEAVING THE FIRING LINE. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS AN ACCIDENTAL DISCHARGE.

It is printed all over the Place on all weapons ranges.

I don't need to have been there to tell you with 100% certainty that Alec Baldwin pulled a trigger on a firearm. Make no mistake about it. Ther WAS NO 'accident'. Pulling the trigger on a firearm is a deliberate action. Just because you, as an adult, did not calulate the possible results of your deliberate action does not make it an accident.
tysker
AG
aggiedata said:

Pictures from the scene?

Put your mask back on; you might kill someone. Oh wait….
isitjustme
AG
What we need here is Prop Gun Control. This sort of thing has happened before and will happen again if nothing is done. How many more of our beloved liberal actors and production crew must we lose?

Every entertainment industry personnel involved in use of a Prop Gun must have a thorough background check to be made public via the NRA website, go through 5 weeks of Prop Gun handling and safety classes, test each Prop Gun for uselessness directly prior to each use in rehearsal or filming, and sign agreements of responsibility should anything go wrong. Compliance with many of these new requirements can be accomplished during the new 10-week Prop Gun Purchasing Waiting Period.

The time for meaningful Prop Gun Control is NOW!
TChaney

(Note - same last name - not related)
thirdcoast
AG
So the words "shot" and "discharged" were used by Sheriff office. That rules out a firearm malfunction or shrapnel type of explosion. I just cant understand how a plastic projectile or pressure from blank could inflict a wound on 2 people with only 1 shot. A bullet, yes.

If the revolver/rifle/shotgun was damaged, I'm sure the wording would be much different.
aggiepanic95
AG
tysker said:

aggiedata said:

Pictures from the scene?

Put your mask back on; you might kill someone. Oh wait….

Oh the pain, the anguish, what an actor.
nortex97
AG
Damnit, I immediately did a DDG image search and she was unfortunately a white person. I hope he gets the full Chauvin treatment anyway. Murderer.
nortex97
AG
thirdcoast said:

So the words "shot" and "discharged" were used by Sheriff office. That rules out a firearm malfunction or shrapnel type of explosion. I just cant understand how a plastic projectile or pressure from blank could inflict a wound on 2 people with only 1 shot. A bullet, yes.

If the revolver/rifle/shotgun was damaged, I'm sure the wording would be much different.
Absolutely. Daddy Baldwin obviously failed as a father to teach his kids anything about gun safety, as well. That Alec is grossly ignorant about their use is beyond doubt. My guess is he was gesturing in anger toward her, so manslaughter is absolutely on the table.
Marcus Brutus
If he's upset at all it's over the fact that the movie will be canned and he might be punished.
Layne Staley
AG
Because he is on the right side of politics Baldwin is clearly the victim here.
BadMoonRisin
AG
I know I ain't leavin' you like I know He ain't leavin' us
I know we believe in God and I know God believes in us
BadMoonRisin
AG
I know I ain't leavin' you like I know He ain't leavin' us
I know we believe in God and I know God believes in us
Mas89
AG
YNWA_AG said:

Will you answer your question Alec Baldwin?
Slyfox07
AG
Fishin Texas Aggie 05 said:

I can think of a few scenarios and I'm waiting for more info

This.

Obviously more information is needed.
Bird Poo
AG
TChaney said:

Doesn't he have a brother named Adam? He's very conservative from what I remember.
Bird Poo
thirdcoast
AG
scoodogg
AG
As you said, Adam is not closely related.

He played two of my favorite TV characters in Jayne (Firefly) and Casey (Chuck).

I think Steven is the conservative brother.
TChaney

Stephen Baldwin is the Trump supporting brother.

laavispa
Something does not ring true here. I might buy one AD but two???... no way Jose. At best this is one of those weak plots from a Hallmark Mysteries moves my wife likes.

Western. Likely a single action Colt replica. Well Biden might like the pew-pew scenario but I don't.

Foreverconservative
PearlJammin said:

TChaney said:

Doesn't he have a brother named Adam? He's very conservative from what I remember.
His brothers are Danny, Stephen, and Billy. Stephen is the conservative of the bunch.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience" - Mark Twain
azul_rain
He gonna beat up a taxi cab driver now ?
you may all go to hell and i will go to Texas
MouthBQ98
AG
Blank pistol or rifle or shotgun?

Doesn't appear he was in costume, so must have been directing/producing. Maybe he was demonstrating how to film a scene to the direction team, using the gun and the direction crew as stand ins and blasted them in the head or chest with shrapnel or wadding from a fatally close range.

A few bits of brass or plastic from close could be fatal with hits to the neck by cutting arteries or damaging the trachea.
riverrataggie
AG
Man this is one tough movie
HalifaxAg
AG
thirdcoast said:

Sounds like evidence to suggest this was pre-meditated. He is publicly thinking about killing someone.

Give him a needle, but not a vaccine.
azul_rain
Did the prop Gun have Covid on it ?
you may all go to hell and i will go to Texas
Sully Dog
A budy of mine who worked in film pointed out to me last night that since it was cinematographer and the director it's likely that the gun was pointed at the camera when it was discharged.
Deplorable Neanderthal Clinger

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.