Alec Baldwin may be in some hot water

162,418 Views | 1634 Replies | Last: 7 days ago by Daveintx
GenericAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TA-OP said:

annie88 said:

The way that Bette Midler just constantly berated Melania. Just gross.
100% agree. I have said the exact same thing about this board's posts about Michelle Obama. At least I'm consistent.

Mike can handle it. His balls are big enough.
fka ftc
Really a shame Joan Rivers is not with us to contribute to the Melania v Big Mike Debate.

She probably has a story or two on what DJT is bringing to the equation.

Back on topic, good to see the prosecutor taking another shot at Baldwin. Feel like the first time they misfired and hoping they don't load blanks when they bring the case this time around.
Foreverconservative
Just when he thought he was going to skate on the criminal charges Alec Baldwin has been indicted on involuntary manslaughter charge in deadly 'Rust' shooting by a NM GJ.

"After extensive investigation over the past several months, additional facts have come to light that we believe show Mr. Baldwin has criminal culpability in the death of Halyna Hutchins and the shooting of Joel Souza,"

Baldwin has maintained that he did not pull the trigger of the gun on Oct. 21, 2021. "The trigger wasn't pulled. I didn't pull the trigger," Baldwin told George Stephanopoulos in a tell-all interview shortly after the fatal shooting. "No, no, no, no, I would never point a gun at anyone and pull the trigger. Never."

However, the FBI conducted an accidental discharge test and determined the gun used in the fatal shooting of Halyna Hutchins "could not be made to fire without a pull of the trigger,"

Ooops
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience" - Mark Twain
Ag with kids
AG
Kills

Alec Baldwin 1
NRA 0
CoppellAg93
AG
annie88
AG
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FJB TRUMP 2024.
captkirk
AG
TexasRebel
AG
ABATTBQ11 said:

The mechanics of a revolver firing itself are pretty much impossible unless the gun has the firing pin integrated into the hammer instead of using a transfer bar. I can't imagine that being the case on any modern revolver or movie set replica.

It is though. Although they have integrated a stop block that is moved out of the way by the trigger.

Source: All of my "modern" wheel guns have the pin on the hammer.
Andrew Dufresne
Damn.. it doesn't seem like this was almost 2 and a half years ago.
Corporal Punishment
AG
Armorer's trial starts next month. She's screwed.
EX TEXASEX
He must be nervous as hell reading that he has been charged again. It is not just his hands, I bet his balls must be really Schweddy right now!!!
#FJB
Gigem314
AG
annie88 said:

ABATTBQ11
AG
TexasRebel said:

ABATTBQ11 said:

The mechanics of a revolver firing itself are pretty much impossible unless the gun has the firing pin integrated into the hammer instead of using a transfer bar. I can't imagine that being the case on any modern revolver or movie set replica.

It is though. Although they have integrated a stop block that is moved out of the way by the trigger.

Either way it's designed, there's no way it's "accidental." The trigger MUST be pulled and the hammer MUST come forward to strike the primer. Pretty sure the FBI broke the gun trying to make this happen to figure out how it could be possible and line up with Baldwin's claims. That's how impossible it is.

Baldwin is a ****ing liar, which is no surprise given that he acts like an arrogant asshat.
TexasRebel
AG
ABATTBQ11 said:

TexasRebel said:

ABATTBQ11 said:

Either way it's designed, there's no way it's "accidental." The trigger MUST be pulled and the hammer MUST come forward to strike the primer. Pretty sure the FBI broke the gun trying to make this happen to figure out how it could be possible and line up with Baldwin's claims. That's how impossible it is.

Baldwin is a ****ing liar, which is no surprise given that he acts like an arrogant asshat.

Not entirely true.

The hammer block is now a 4th click on what was traditionally a 3-click hammer.

3-clicks:
1. Half-cocked loading position
2. Cylinder lock release
3. Cylinder lock engage

It's afoul of safety practices to rest the hammer on a loaded chamber (ever see The Shootist?). That's because the firing pin would rest on the primer. A hard strike and you'd have an extremely avoidable negligent discharge (that many would try to classify as an accidental discharge (there's no such thing)).

The hammer block safety that's added to modernized replicas also acts as a standoff. If the trigger is not pulled, the block rests in between the hammer and the frame. The firing pin is physically not allowed to reach the primer. Even breaking the hammer would require the broken piece to find the orifice in the frame and go through it with enough force to set it off.

It's also the new 4th click
1. Block flips into safety position
2. Half-cocked loading position
3. Cylinder lock release
4. Cylinder lock engage

When the trigger is pulled, it pulls the block safety out of the way and releases the sear. If the sear slips or somehow releases without pulling the trigger the hammer stops at the block without the firing pin protruding through the frame.
samurai_science
If he had followed the rules of gun safety.....easily prevented.
annie88
AG
EX TEXASEX said:

He must be nervous as hell reading that he has been charged again. It is not just his hands, I bet his balls must be really Schweddy right now!!!

I guess his pretend Spanish wife could get pregnant again really quickly and have another baby.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Whether they convict or not, anything that adds stress and misery to this *****'s life in the meantime is a good thing.
annie88
AG
I wasn't aware that mob chic was in fashion.

These don't look stage, nope not at all.

Quote:

Hilaria Baldwin was spotted on the streets of Manhattan sporting a "Mob Wife Aesthetic" just days after her hubby Alec was charged with involuntary manslaughter for a second time over the fatal shooting on the set of "Rust."

The yoga instructor and mother of 8 sauntered out of her Manhattan apartment on Monday afternoon sporting high heels, laced stockings, a tight mini-skirt, extra-large sunglasses, hoop earrings and a garishly silver leather jacket draped across her shoulders.

Hilaria chatted on the phone while holding a beverage in between her jeweled fingers before simply heading back inside.

Her unique outfit could be credited to a new look that has rejuvenated '90s-era mob movie flamboyance by initially gaining traction on, what else, TikTok.

torrid
AG
Latin chicks are hot.
Foreverconservative
torrid said:

Latin chicks are hot.
I'm assuming that's sarcasm because Trump is more latin than she is.....
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience" - Mark Twain
aggiehawg
AG
Okay for the last 9 days (court time) I have been watching the trial of the young armorer Hannah Gutierrez.

Baldwin's trial is currently scheduled for July.

The trial has kind of been a mixed bag but a lot of a confusing mess. Hannah admitted during her early police interviews at the time of the shooting, that she was the one who loaded Baldwin's gun. Then there is some question whether she did a saftey chek with AD Halls before handing the gun to Baldwin or if AD Halls handed the gun to Baldwin. Witness statements and testimony varied.

Thus, the question turned to how did a live round get onto the movie set? Did Seth Kenny the supplier make a mistake? Did another supplier make a mistake? Or did Hannah herself make that mistake, getting them mixed up with some she or her father/stepdad had used elsewhere that she brought as backup to amount ordered, in case it was not enough?

Hannah is mostly sunk much by her own words from October 2021, in my view. But will her going down save Baldwin?

One witness left for tomorrow morning for the defense and then closing argumenta.

One interesting thing from a defense "expert" in firearms although his histry sounded more he'd been a LARPer for forty years. He is NRA certified to teach firearm safety. But he had brought two revolvers with him for demonstrations. One was a Denx which is completely non-functioning replica and then a Pieta very close in serial number to the Baldwin gun, a functioning gun. The bailiff wearing gloves retrieved his case from which the witness withdrew a pistol case, the Pieta Colt 45, and then the Denx which was just loose within the softsided case. The non functioning gun, which he is supposed to show the bailiff is unloaded first, he sort of waved around befor shifting to his left towards the bench wand went to demonstrate the gun was unloaded but in the process of doing so he brought the barrel up pointing towards the judge. Bailiff came nearly over his back to slap his hand down aiming the barrel towards the floor. Judge got pissed.

TLDR, for a defense expert in firearms, he shot his credibility within the first ten minutes. His exam continued for longer and he was crossed by the state of course but don't think the jury would trust him after that

So one last witness for the defense in the morning, not the defendant more likely her father (or stepdad not sure) legendary Hollywood armorer Thiel Reed. Sounds like fun.
aggiehawg
AG
Runkle of the Bailey has been doing recaps of testimony in the Hannah trial. Canadian lawyer but also specializes in firearms. His streamfor what happened today goes live in 90 minutes from this post if anyone cares to watch.

Antoninus
aggiehawg said:

Runkle of the Bailey
Rumpole is not amused

aggiehawg
AG
Antoninus said:

aggiehawg said:

Runkle of the Bailey
Rumpole is not amused

He's Canadian so they have pretty much the same system for legal procedures. But he's a good guy. Goes to the Gundies most years and has even won awards there. Even in Canada, he owns a lot of firearms. Why? Because one of his specilaities in law. Business expense for him. Nice loophole, eh?
Antoninus
I know who he is, and he certainly seems like a fairly reasonable guy. We can set aside the fact that he looks like a complete dork.

Just knowing something of the Rumpole, character, I did not think he (hypothetically, given that he is fictional) would appreciate the comparison.

aggiehawg
AG
You watch lawtubers? Livestreams of trials? Surprised by that.
Madman
AG
Disappointed nobody has posted this yet

Gorilla Grip XXXX Pal

Oh Hanna.

stetson
AG
aggiehawg said:

Okay for the last 9 days (court time) I have been watching the trial of the young armorer Hannah Gutierrez.

The trial has kind of been a mixed bag but a lot of a confusing mess. Hannah admitted during her early police interviews at the time of the shooting, that she was the one who loaded Baldwin's gun. Then there is some question whether she did a saftey chek with AD Halls before handing the gun to Baldwin or if AD Halls handed the gun to Baldwin. Witness statements and testimony varied.

Thus, the question turned to how did a live round get onto the movie set? Did Seth Kenny the supplier make a mistake? Did another supplier make a mistake? Or did Hannah herself make that mistake, getting them mixed up with some she or her father/stepdad had used elsewhere that she brought as backup to amount ordered, in case it was not enough?

Hannah is mostly sunk much by her own words from October 2021, in my view. But will her going down save Baldwin?

One witness left for tomorrow morning for the defense and then closing argumenta.

One interesting thing from a defense "expert" in firearms although his histry sounded more he'd been a LARPer for forty years. He is NRA certified to teach firearm safety. But he had brought two revolvers with him for demonstrations. One was a Denx which is completely non-functioning replica and then a Pieta very close in serial number to the Baldwin gun, a functioning gun. The bailiff wearing gloves retrieved his case from which the witness withdrew a pistol case, the Pieta Colt 45, and then the Denx which was just loose within the softsided case. The non functioning gun, which he is supposed to show the bailiff is unloaded first, he sort of waved around befor shifting to his left towards the bench wand went to demonstrate the gun was unloaded but in the process of doing so he brought the barrel up pointing towards the judge. Bailiff came nearly over his back to slap his hand down aiming the barrel towards the floor. Judge got pissed.

TLDR, for a defense expert in firearms, he shot his credibility within the first ten minutes. His exam continued for longer and he was crossed by the state of course but don't think the jury would trust him after that

So one last witness for the defense in the morning, not the defendant more likely her father (or stepdad not sure) legendary Hollywood armorer Thiel Reed. Sounds like fun.

Not a lot people fire .45 long Colt or cowboy ammunition. Manufacturers don't make a lot of it and for that reason it's difficult to find and expensive. I find it hard to believe that live rounds accidentally found their way on the set. How they got there is a good question.
Shoefly!
AG
stetson said:

aggiehawg said:

Not a lot people fire .45 long Colt or cowboy ammunition. Manufacturers don't make a lot of it and for that reason it's difficult to find and expensive. I find it hard to believe that live rounds accidentally found their way on the set. How they got there is a good question.

I thought I read when this first happened that some people had taken the pistol out for Target practice. I may be wrong.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

I thought I read when this first happened that some people had taken the pistol out for Target practice. I may be wrong.
The original story was plinkin, with live ammo.

Not the story now.guess,
aggiehawg
AG
BTWm I waas on set on one of the Indiana Jones movies because I was supplying the Ktaft catering guys and washing their tablecloths and napkins every night in my washe and dryer, ironing them and folding them for the next day I was the sole provider of food for them since the late Hubs and I owned the only grocery store within 60 miles.

Out on that ranch? Food was not easy to come by. At least 30-45 minutes away in each direction for the catering crew.

Took EMS almost 30 minutes to get there, with ambulances and helicopters.
stetson
AG
I did not know of the passing of your Hubs. My sincere condolences to you, Hawg.
aggiehawg
AG
stetson said:

I did not know of the passing of your Hubs. My sincere condolences to you, Hawg.
My first husband was killed in a car wreck in the late 80s.
aggiehawg
AG
We are on verdict watch for the Gutierrez case.
stetson
AG
aggiehawg said:

stetson said:

My first husband was killed in a car wreck in the late 80s.

Ah, happy to know it's not the current one!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.