Maricopa County Audit -- See Staff Note in OP

29,751 Views | 362 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by Funky Winkerbean
richardag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
aTmAg said:

richardag said:

eric76 said:

We fixed the keg said:

Quote:

Who destroyed anything under subpoena? Can you back up those claims?
Quote:

The web server was obviously on the Internet. After all, that was the purpose.

As for the logs rolling, we do not know the intentions. It might have been intentional. It might not have been intentional.
Before we get to the subpoena(s), yes plural, there have been three issued and essentially ignored, let's look at Arizona and Federal Law.

MCBoE is supposed to maintain ALL election material for 22 months in case of Federal law and 24 months in case of State law. It has only been 10 months.

Federal statute: 52 USC 20701
State statutes: A.R.S. 16-624 and A.R.S. 16-625

So the MCBoE is in violation of State and Federal law by not retaining this data. Now to the subpoena(s)

December 2020 subpoena
January 2021 subpoena
August 2021 subpoena

The senate first subpoena was ignored through "cute" bull**** maneuvering when the MCBoE basically just ignored it because their terms were ending and a new term would begin in January. That is why the senate waited for the new term to start and immediately resubmitted January 13, 2021.

The MCBoE continued to ignore the subpoena and the Senate filed with the court. Judge Thompson in February, ruled the MCBoE had to comply with the subpoena. After the judges ruling is when the "so called auditors" captured proof of malfeasance.

Audit Report Volume III

Running a script is an "intentional act" and running it 37,686 is evidence the user was purposely "rolling" the logs. This was done after Judge Thompson ruled data must be preserved and MCBoE must comply. The individual has now broken State law, Federal law, and defied a subpoena/judges orders.

As to the web server, I am not sure why you struggle to understand this part. No devices with access to the Dominion Democracy Suite are supposed to be connected to an external network. This means "NO" to ANY other networks including, and especially, the Internet. This is against the manufactures guidelines, it is against the State's guidelines, and it invalidates the certification.

Here is an example of a Pro V&V Certification.

Page 9 is pretty clear.

WAN? "NO"
LAN? "TCP/IP Client/Server only"

No mention of routers, web servers, etc. After all we have witnessed, I find it laughable to see FIPS mentioned in the document......Federal Information Processing Standard accreditation (FIPS) when you have people sharing an admin account. It is like putting a reinforced steel vault door to enter your house when there is an open window to the right and left of it.
He must have wore his little fingers to the bone running it that many times.
I am not a computer expert, however as I understand it if you write a script it is a one time event, then the script enters the username leaving the password blank, cycles again until the script ends.

Was your reference to wearing his little fingers to the bone referring to something else?
It's EASY to write a script to run in a loop. Trivial. The fact that he said that indicates he is not arguing in good faith. But I'm sure the board knew that already.
Thanks for the response.
Among the latter, under pretence of governing they have divided their nations into two classes, wolves and sheep.”
Thomas Jefferson, Letter to Edward Carrington, January 16, 1787
eric76
AG
richardag said:

eric76 said:

We fixed the keg said:

Quote:

Quote:

As for the logs rolling, we do not know the intentions. It might have been intentional. It might not have been intentional.
Before we get to the subpoena(s), yes plural, there have been three issued and essentially ignored, let's look at Arizona and Federal Law.

MCBoE is supposed to maintain ALL election material for 22 months in case of Federal law and 24 months in case of State law. It has only been 10 months.

So the MCBoE is in violation of State and Federal law by not retaining this data. Now to the subpoena(s)

December 2020 subpoena
January 2021 subpoena
August 2021 subpoena

The senate first subpoena was ignored through "cute" bull**** maneuvering when the MCBoE basically just ignored it because their terms were ending and a new term would begin in January. That is why the senate waited for the new term to start and immediately resubmitted January 13, 2021.

The MCBoE continued to ignore the subpoena and the Senate filed with the court. Judge Thompson in February, ruled the MCBoE had to comply with the subpoena. After the judges ruling is when the "so called auditors" captured proof of malfeasance.

Audit Report Volume III

Running a script is an "intentional act" and running it 37,686 is evidence the user was purposely "rolling" the logs. This was done after Judge Thompson ruled data must be preserved and MCBoE must comply. The individual has now broken State law, Federal law, and defied a subpoena/judges orders.

As to the web server, I am not sure why you struggle to understand this part. No devices with access to the Dominion Democracy Suite are supposed to be connected to an external network. This means "NO" to ANY other networks including, and especially, the Internet. This is against the manufactures guidelines, it is against the State's guidelines, and it invalidates the certification.

Page 9 is pretty clear.

WAN? "NO"

No mention of routers, web servers, etc. After all we have witnessed, I find it laughable to see FIPS mentioned in the document......Federal Information Processing Standard accreditation (FIPS) when you have people sharing an admin account. It is like putting a reinforced steel vault door to enter your house when there is an open window to the right and left of it.
I am not a computer expert, however as I understand it if you write a script it is a one time event, then the script enters the username leaving the password blank, cycles again until the script ends.

Was your reference to wearing his little fingers to the bone referring to something else?
The claim that they had video of someone sitting at the computer trying to log in over and over with a blank password.

eric76
AG
We fixed the keg said:

will25u said:

Why are we even talking Linux or derivatives? It is my understanding that all of the systems dominion uses that have an operating system use some flavor of Windows.
Almost all, there were a few (ICX, firmware) that were Android or uClinux. To your point, yes, all pointless distraction to the original point.

TLDR version: OP tried to marginalize and provide insane explanations as to how it could be just fine for multiple people to share an account with admin privileges. The claim was ridiculous enough, but then was followed up with even more insane claims.

I have said this before, but I hope someone else in his company is in charge and this individual is not responsible for his company's IT or data.
We used to have a so-called "security expert" doing it on a contract basis. He was useless. We never had a security problem before him. Then with him, we couldn't keep people from breaking into the web server. When I started doing it, I reworked it and nobody ever broke in again in spite of repeated attempts.

We did have two issues when customer's router were hacked. We discovered the first issue within half an hour and got it under control fast. The second issue took a couple of hours but we got it under control, too.

We also had a new customer with a hacked computer trying to scan the world for computers running RDP. They dropped their previous provider because it was so slow. I identified the RDP scans and blocked them that day. They loved it.

As for the election issues, it is crazy to think that one solution fits all. For example, you mentioned Active Directory. That might work fine if everything is on a network, but since much of the equipment would have been at polling places, unless those polling places had a direct connection to the election system, that would have required an internet connection. So Active Directory might have worked for some, but hardly for all.

One thing is clear -- none of this is indicative of election fraud. At worst, it might make election fraud a bit easier to carry out depending on other controls. The real place to look for it is on the human side. Let's see what the professional election personnel from Maricopa County have to say about the Cyber Ninja's allegations.
eric76
AG
aTmAg said:

richardag said:

eric76 said:

We fixed the keg said:

Quote:

Quote:

December 2020 subpoena
January 2021 subpoena
August 2021 subpoena

Audit Report Volume III

Page 9 is pretty clear.

WAN? "NO"

It's EASY to write a script to run in a loop. Trivial. The fact that he said that indicates he is not arguing in good faith. But I'm sure the board knew that already.
If you were to write a script to try to overwrite the logs, would that script require you to be hunched over the computer to keep it running? I sure wouldn't do it that way.
We fixed the keg
AG
Quote:

We used to have a so-called "security expert" doing it on a contract basis. He was useless. We never had a security problem before him. Then with him, we couldn't keep people from breaking into the web server. When I started doing it, I reworked it and nobody ever broke in again in spite of repeated attempts.

We did have two issues when customer's router were hacked. We discovered the first issue within half an hour and got it under control fast. The second issue took a couple of hours but we got it under control, too.

We also had a new customer with a hacked computer trying to scan the world for computers running RDP. They dropped their previous provider because it was so slow. I identified the RDP scans and blocked them that day. They loved it.

As for the election issues, it is crazy to think that one solution fits all. For example, you mentioned Active Directory. That might work fine if everything is on a network, but since much of the equipment would have been at polling places, unless those polling places had a direct connection to the election system, that would have required an internet connection. So Active Directory might have worked for some, but hardly for all.

One thing is clear -- none of this is indicative of election fraud. At worst, it might make election fraud a bit easier to carry out depending on other controls. The real place to look for it is on the human side. Let's see what the professional election personnel from Maricopa County have to say about the Cyber Ninja's allegations.
Crossed out portion, irrelevant. aka cool story bruh.

The rest just continues to point to you not doing research or not paying attention. Maricopa uses the Domain system. The Domain system offers two sizes, in both cases they provide all of the equipment including switches for the LAN and a server for database, tabulation, and Active Directory.services. So, no, you don't require an Internet connection, It was specifically designed this way for security (air-gapped) and because it was an all-in-one solution (no other devices or connections required).

The only thing that is clear is there are enough anomalies which need to be researched. Some may and others may not be fraud or human error, but you do not have the capacity or the information to state anything as "clearly." Until someone has access to everything, the best anyone can do is point out the lies, malfeasance, and gross negligence which have been identified.
eric76
AG
We fixed the keg said:

Quote:

The rest just continues to point to you not doing research or not paying attention. Maricopa uses the Domain system. The Domain system offers two sizes, in both cases they provide all of the equipment including switches for the LAN and a server for database, tabulation, and Active Directory.services. So, no, you don't require an Internet connection, It was specifically designed this way for security (air-gapped) and because it was an all-in-one solution (no other devices or connections required).

The only thing that is clear is there are enough anomalies which need to be researched. Some may and others may not, but you do not have the capacity or the information to state anything clearly. Until someone has access to everything, the best anyone can do is point out the lies, malfeasance, and gross negligence which have been identified.
You obviously mean Dominion. That's an easy mistake to make.

So NO election machines were used at the polling places?

From https://azsos.gov/sites/default/files/2020_0709_Election_Cycle_Voting_Equipment.pdf the following election equipment were used in Maricopa County for the 2020 election:

Quote:

a Digital Scan Dominion Dominion ImageCast Precint 2 v5.5.1.8 Democracy Suite
Accessible Ballot Marking Device Dominion ImageCast X Marking Device v5.5.13.2 Democracy Suite
Ballot Marking Device Printer Hp Hp LaserJet Pro M402dne Unmodified COTS Democracy Suite
Central Count - Digital Scan InoTech Interscan HiPro 821 Unmodified COTS Democracy Suite
Central Count - Digital Scan Cannon ICC Cannon DR-G1130 Unmodified COTS Democracy Suite

Please correct me if I am wrong, but isn't a Ballot Marking Device something that would be used at the polling places, not at the central election site?
Rockdoc
AG
Dude you've been debunked by experts on here (which you're not). Give it up.
will25u
eric76 said:

We fixed the keg said:

Quote:

The only thing that is clear is there are enough anomalies which need to be researched. Some may and others may not, but you do not have the capacity or the information to state anything clearly. Until someone has access to everything, the best anyone can do is point out the lies, malfeasance, and gross negligence which have been identified.

From https://azsos.gov/sites/default/files/2020_0709_Election_Cycle_Voting_Equipment.pdf the following election equipment were used in Maricopa County for the 2020 election:

Quote:

Accessible Ballot Marking Device Dominion ImageCast X Marking Device v5.5.13.2 Democracy Suite
Ballot Marking Device Printer Hp Hp LaserJet Pro M402dne Unmodified COTS Democracy Suite
Central Count - Digital Scan InoTech Interscan HiPro 821 Unmodified COTS Democracy Suite
Central Count - Digital Scan Cannon ICC Cannon DR-G1130 Unmodified COTS Democracy Suite

Please correct me if I am wrong, but isn't a Ballot Marking Device something that would be used at the polling places, not at the central election site?

Someone correct me if I am wrong(but I don't think that I am), but the Ballot Marking Devices are only used to adjudicate bad ballots.

These are only found at central counting, NOT individual precincts.
We fixed the keg
AG
https://www.maricopa.gov/DocumentCenter/View/66844/Post-Audit-Report
https://www.maricopa.gov/DocumentCenter/View/66843/SLI-Compliance-Forensic-Audit-Report?bidId=

Actual "so called auditors" but the equipment that was certified for use was listed.
We fixed the keg
AG
Quote:

Someone correct me if I am wrong(but I don't think that I am), but the Ballot Marking Devices are only used to adjudicate bad ballots.

That is not very clear. For example, Maricopa had ImageCast Precent 2 machines which have ballot marking capability.

Quote:

https://www.dominionvoting.com/imagecast-precinct/

When in the Ballot Marking Device configuration,
the system uses a library of human-hand marks and
writing, further protecting voter privacy.
Multiple models support ballot marking. The ImageCast Evolution has it built in, and the others like ImageCast Precinct and ImageCast X have that as a capability.
Quote:

Depending on jurisdictional needs, the ImageCast X can be configured as a ballot marking device (BMD) that prints a paper ballot, or as a direct record electronic (DRE) device that records the individual votes and vote totals directly on the device's redundant memory
What is not clear, is what Maricopa's process allowed for or which were configured for ballot marking.
eric76
AG
will25u said:

eric76 said:

We fixed the keg said:

Quote:

Quote:

From https://www.sos.texas.gov/elections/forms/sysexam/jan2019-sneeringer.pdf

Quote:

Ballot selection. Authorization to vote and ballot selection are done using smart cards generated by Dominion software. A poll worker enters the ballot style and the software writes it on a smart card in a secure way. The voter then takes the smart card to any voting station to vote. The voter cards are automatically cleared after voting, so they cannot be reused. Also, as a backup, a poll-worker card can be inserted into the voting station to allow manual selection of the ballot style. This would be used when, for some reason, no smart cards are available.

This sounds like what will25u described at https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/3230515/replies/60283628

Quote:

They program a card with a chip on it(similar to a debit card) that holds your ballot information for the voting booth to read. After that, you.vote, it prints out a paper with your ballot and QR code, then you put the ballot in the counting machine which also stores your paper ballot.

Of course, he is in Georgia, not Arizona.
Whistle Pig
Coda

Quote:

When the "audit" was announced in 2021, lawmakers in charge promised an objective review. The plan to recount nearly 2.1 million ballots stretched into months, yielded zero evidence of fraud and has so far cost county taxpayers more than $5.5 million.

Logan and the Senate would fight that lawsuit through a number of appeals over the next two years, but the lawsuit almost immediately compelled Logan to release financial records that showed partisan groups affiliated with Trump were bankrolling him.

Trump funded the "independent audit".

Quote:

The identity of one of the largest benefactors behind the discredited review of Arizona's vote count has been shrouded in secrecy. Now the Guardian can reveal that the person who partially bankrolled the failed attempt to prove that the election was stolen from Trump was … Trump.

Quote:

It was later divulged that a further $1m had supported the audit from an account controlled by Cleta Mitchell.

Basing its research on corporate, tax and campaign finance filings, as well as emails and text messages obtained by the non-partisan accountability group American Oversight through public records requests, the watchdog has followed the money on its circuitous journey from the former US president's Pac to the Arizona review.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/jan/27/trump-secretly-donated-1m-arizona-election-audit
Funky Winkerbean
AG
Did he break any laws?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.