Woman tazed and handcuffed at high school football game...for no mask

22,131 Views | 343 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Average Guy
B-1 83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
russ05 said:

Sitting with what is likely her immediate family 20' away from anyone else...
Post this to the Branch Covidian board and ask about the science that backs up spread of COVID to those sitting away from her outdoors at that distance. There's bound to be some solid science out there to justify this.
Cassius
B-1 83 said:

russ05 said:

Sitting with what is likely her immediate family 20' away from anyone else...
Post this to the Branch Covidian board and ask about the science that backs up spread of COVID to those sitting away from her outdoors at that distance. There's bound to be some solid science out there to justify this.

Fauci just said we need 20 ft, not 6. I'm not kidding.
Fightin TX Aggie
AG
I started off this thread noting that you cannot resist arrest. You must obey police.

Listening to some of you extreme rule followers, I am almost starting to come around to the lady's side.

Do any of you not rebel against stupidity? Not recoil against injustice?

Was a middle school football game about to devolve into anarchy because one lady wasn't wearing her mask? Was society about to crumble?
MassAggie97
AG
Quote:

Link?
Here ya go

Quote:

"During a middle school football game held at the Logan-Hocking Local School District on the evening of September 23, 2020, an attendee was asked to comply with the Ohio High School Athletic Association's and the athletic facility's policies," the district's superintendent Monte Bainter told NBC News in a statement. "The attendee refused to do so and consequently was asked to leave by the attending law enforcement officer. After resisting the request to exit the premises, the individual was apprehended at the discretion of the attending law enforcement officer."
Also, I can confirm that such policies are in place for most athletic events in the state of Texas, and it is unambiguously enforced in my town.
MassAggie97
AG
Quote:

Come down from the wall. The school district put policies in place that they perceived to be protective of the kids. Whether or not you agree is immaterial, especially in light of the fact that it would hurt NOBODY to comply. The district noted that there were 300 other people at this event, and the two women in the video were the only ones that refused to comply with the policy.

You don't like the policy? Show up to the school board and voice your displeasure. Boycott the school athletic events. Write an editorial in the town paper. Write to elected officials. DON'T show up with the intention of refusing to comply with the policy, get hysterical with the people that politely ask you to comply, and then get your panties all in a bunch when you're forcibly removed when your behavior goes from being stupid to being a trespass.

And since I have you on the line, your thread title is misleading. Saying she was tazed for not wearing a mask is like saying Jacob Blake was shot in the back 7 times for stealing some keys.
AggieKeith15
AG
MassAggie97 said:

Quote:

Link?
Here ya go

Quote:

"During a middle school football game held at the Logan-Hocking Local School District on the evening of September 23, 2020, an attendee was asked to comply with the Ohio High School Athletic Association's and the athletic facility's policies," the district's superintendent Monte Bainter told NBC News in a statement. "The attendee refused to do so and consequently was asked to leave by the attending law enforcement officer. After resisting the request to exit the premises, the individual was apprehended at the discretion of the attending law enforcement officer."
Also, I can confirm that such policies are in place for most athletic events in the state of Texas, and it is unambiguously enforced in my town.

So you don't have proof then and you've lost your argument. Thanks for conceding.
74OA
AG
Fightin TX Aggie said:

I started off this thread noting that you cannot resist arrest. You must obey police.

Listening to some of you extreme rule followers, I am almost starting to come around to the lady's side.

Was a middle school football game about to devolve into anarchy because one lady wasn't wearing her mask? Was society about to crumble?
There's a time and a place for everything. Adults are supposed to know the difference.

If you think disobeying and resisting a law enforcement officer over something as trivial as wearing a facemask is an example of "recoiling against injustice", then you have lived an unbelievably sheltered life--like that woman, probably.
Fightin TX Aggie
AG
Snort.

I'm sorry the scary lady made you so nervous you had to call a cop on her, Karen. That's a step up from a manager even!
BQ_90
AG
Quote:

Branch Covidian board
blue star
MassAggie97
AG

Quote:

So you don't have proof then and you've lost your argument. Thanks for conceding.
Wait, what? I provided a link that had a quote from a school district representative.
I know we're living in the "fake news" era, but what are you talking about? There are any number of news articles out there stating that the woman was refusing to comply with a policy set by the school district and the Ohio Athletics association.

Here's the link to the police department statement. It's in there. If you don't have facebook it's your problem. I'm finished running down your Google searches for you.

https://www.facebook.com/Logan-Police-Department-450810244963923/

Quote:

One of the duties of the assignment is to ensure fans and are complying with CDC, Ohio Health Department, Ohio Athletic Association and Logan Hocking School District policy rules and guidelines. One of these policy guidelines mandated by the Logan Hocking School District is that all spectators must wear a mask while on school property.
BluHorseShu
AG
Fightin TX Aggie said:

Snort.

I'm sorry the scary lady made you so nervous you had to call a cop on her, Karen. That's a step up from a manager even!
This lady is your example of recoiling against injustice?
AggieKeith15
AG
MassAggie97 said:

Quote:

Wait, what? I provided a link that had a quote from a school district representative.
I know we're living in the "fake news" era, but what are you talking about? There are any number of news articles out there stating that the woman was refusing to comply with a policy set by the school district and the Ohio Athletics association.

Here's the link to the police department statement. It's in there. If you don't have facebook it's your problem. I'm finished running down your Google searches for you.

https://www.facebook.com/Logan-Police-Department-450810244963923/

Quote:

One of the duties of the assignment is to ensure fans and are complying with CDC, Ohio Health Department, Ohio Athletic Association and Logan Hocking School District policy rules and guidelines. One of these policy guidelines mandated by the Logan Hocking School District is that all spectators must wear a mask while on school property.

Is it standard practice for the court of law to decide a case based on testimonial policies? Particularly as it relates to public school policies?

I don't believe so. Nor do they reference slanted news articles to build their evidence.

Try again.

ETA: Or a police departments facebook page? Lol
Fightin TX Aggie
AG
BluHorseShu said:

Fightin TX Aggie said:

Snort.

Do you think it is "just" to kick a woman out of a middle school football game with like 20 people in total attendance when her son is playing, and she isn't seated anywhere near other people?

You never get to resisting arrest, handcuffing, etc., if you don't tell her to leave.

There was no harm from her not wearing a mask. You are advocating rule following when the rule serves no purpose.
74OA
AG
74OA said:

BigRobSA said:

74OA said:

Just because you disagree with a law doesn't entitle you to break it.

Either the law applies equally to everyone, or there is no rule of law.

This willful woman earned the consequences that arose from her choices.

Good Lord, as pointed out in their own unlawful mask edict, she was in the right being socially distanced and outside where....again....the mask edict itself states no mask is needed.
"In the clip, the school resource officer can be seen approaching the maskless woman, who appears to be with a couple of young children and another woman, all of whom are wearing masks."

NOPE
FTA, you're entitled to your own opinion, but not your own facts. Snort.
LegalDrugPusher
Bunk Moreland said:

"If she simply followed the cop's orders she'd have nothing to worry about"

80% of F16 pre-covid

But she was never breaking the law
SirLurksALot
LegalDrugPusher said:

Bunk Moreland said:

80% of F16 pre-covid

Yes she was. She was trespassing. How many times does this need to be said?
Forum Troll
AG
SirLurksALot said:

LegalDrugPusher said:

Bunk Moreland said:

80% of F16 pre-covid

Yes she was. She was trespassing. How many times does this need to be said?
More please, we are at 9 pages and counting.
Dad-O-Lot
AG
Submit, then sue. We can't on one hand tell victims of police shootings they should have complied, then applaud this woman for not complying.
BluHorseShu
AG
Fightin TX Aggie said:

BluHorseShu said:

Fightin TX Aggie said:

Snort.

Do you think it is "just" to kick a woman out of a middle school football game with like 20 people in total attendance when her son is playing, and she isn't seated anywhere near other people?

You never get to resisting arrest, handcuffing, etc., if you don't tell her to leave.

There was no harm from her not wearing a mask. You are advocating rule following when the rule serves no purpose.
If you came to the Aggie game last weekend without of mask....would it be an injustice for them to ask you to leave? There are a myriad of ways to right an injustice, and some have consequences. And I speak from someone having been kicked out of my son's soccer game for disagreeing with a referee but saying "no he wasn't" from the stands. This isn't indicative of the norm and life goes on.
Fightin TX Aggie
AG
Quote:

If you came to the Aggie game last weekend without of mask....would it be an injustice for them to ask you to leave? There are a myriad of ways to right an injustice, and some have consequences. And I speak from someone having been kicked out of my son's soccer game for disagreeing with a referee but saying "no he wasn't" from the stands. This isn't indicative of the norm and life goes on.

Well, assume this "Aggie game" has about 5% attendance, and I am sitting 40 feet away from the nearest person, yes it would be dumb to ask me to leave.

As a matter of fact, if you walked the stands at Kyle Field Saturday night, probably 1/2 the fans were not wearing masks while in their seats.

BluHorseShu
AG
Fightin TX Aggie said:

Quote:

Well, assume this "Aggie game" has about 5% attendance, and I am sitting 40 feet away from the nearest person, yes it would be dumb to ask me to leave.

As a matter of fact, if you walked the stands at Kyle Field Saturday night, probably 1/2 the fans were not wearing masks while in their seats.

They only required to bring a mask and checked the point of entry. The point I'm making is that its their event and their rules. You can cry all you want that they are not fair, but shouldn't be shocked if you tried to get in the gate without a mask and they asked you to either leave or go get a mask and come back in.
I hate the masks, but we can either follow the rules, or suffer the consequences (if any). Of all of the other issues going on in our country, seems like a tiny hill to die on.
agdoc2001
AG
BluHorseShu said:

If you came to the Aggie game last weekend without of mask....would it be an injustice for them to ask you to leave?
I'd say it would be an act of mercy.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
thirdcoast
AG
ValleyRatAg said:

If I was her father or husband not (I can't tell how old she is) I'd be in jail right now for assaulting a police officer. This **** is out of hand. Over a ****ing mask. When she's with her family, spaced separated out from everyone. **** that guy.

I understand where you are coming from. But still, the time to fight cops is in the court room, not durring an arrest. It's a simple principle that you got to stick by, especially if any of the blue staring posters have been telling that to blacks for last several months.
DTownAg00
It's nice to see there are some reasonable people on this board. From what I've read, the mask policy was clearly communicated and individuals were reminded as they entered the venue. I mean the lady had a mask hanging out of her back pocket.

Our school district has been very up front about their mask policy and most people in town seem to understand that masks are a temporary inconvenience that they are willing to accept in order to have some normalcy, in this case football. They have stated that if policies are not followed school events might be cancelled.
Post removed:
by user
AggieKeith15
AG
DTownAg00 said:

It's nice to see there are some reasonable people on this board. From what I've read, the mask policy was clearly communicated and individuals were reminded as they entered the venue. I mean the lady had a mask hanging out of her back pocket.

Our school district has been very up front about their mask policy and most people in town seem to understand that masks are a temporary inconvenience that they are willing to accept in order to have some normalcy, in this case football. They have stated that if policies are not followed school events might be cancelled.

6 months =/= temporary, 6 months =/= inconvenience.

You've been lied to and manipulated. Please reevaluate your position, open up your mind, and go and be free.
Fightin TX Aggie
AG
Quote:

Two things here:
1) the cop/security officer should have left them alone
2) but since he didn't, she should have complied.
This is the correct answer.

Add that the cop should have deescalated before he tried to cuff her over a damn mask.**

**Yes, I understand he probably cuffed her for refusing to leave, but the mask was the root cause.
AggieKeith15
AG
Average Guy said:

thirdcoast said:

ValleyRatAg said:

If I was her father or husband not (I can't tell how old she is) I'd be in jail right now for assaulting a police officer. This **** is out of hand. Over a ****ing mask. When she's with her family, spaced separated out from everyone. **** that guy.

I understand where you are coming from. But still, the time to fight cops is in the court room, not durring an arrest. It's a simple principle that you got to stick by, especially if any of the blue staring posters have been telling that to blacks for last several months.
Agree.

Two things here:

This is an oversimplified position many on here continue to take for fear of being labeled a hypocrit, however it's a mistake to continue to espouse this.

George Floyd and Jacob Blake resisted arrest. This lady, though, was not resisting arrest. She was trying to watch an 8th grade football game and was simply not wearing a mask while doing so. I have no problems with her very non-violent attempt to not get handcuffed, and to equate what she did to the many other instances of people resisting arrest on here is silly.

All I can say is good for her, hopefully more like her begin to act out as she did and makes these acts of tyrrany too difficult to continue to be upheld. Peaceful attempts to weaken oppression is good for all of us.
SirLurksALot
AggieKeith15 said:

Average Guy said:

thirdcoast said:

ValleyRatAg said:

Agree.

Two things here:

This is an oversimplified position many on here continue to take for fear of being labeled a hypocrit, however it's a mistake to continue to espouse this.

George Floyd and Jacob Blake resisted arrest. This lady, though, was not resisting arrest. She was trying to watch an 8th grade football game and was simply not wearing a mask while doing so. I have no problems with her very non-violent attempt to not get handcuffed, and to equate what she did to the many other instances of people resisting arrest on here is silly.

All I can say is good for her, hopefully more like her begin to act out as she did and makes these acts of tyrrany too difficult to continue to be upheld. Peaceful attempts to weaken oppression is good for all of us.

She absolutely was resisting arrest. The officer was arresting her for trespassing. The simple act of pulling away and refusing to comply with lawful orders constitutes resisting arrest. Resisting arrest does not have to include violence.
AggieKeith15
AG
SirLurksALot said:

AggieKeith15 said:

Average Guy said:

thirdcoast said:

ValleyRatAg said:

Agree.

Two things here:

She absolutely was resisting arrest. The officer was arresting her for trespassing. The simple act of pulling away and refusing to comply with lawful orders constitutes resisting arrest. Resisting arrest does not have to include violence.

But it's intellectually lazy to consider all resistance equal. The need to say she should have complied in this instance is to essentially equate her scenario with Jacob Blake's or George Floyd's. They aren't the same however.

Conservatives need to be preaching on accepting consequences, not fixating on "not resisting." There's a difference.
SirLurksALot
AggieKeith15 said:

SirLurksALot said:

AggieKeith15 said:

Average Guy said:

thirdcoast said:

ValleyRatAg said:

Agree.

Two things here:

But it's intellecutally lazy to consider all resistance equal. The need to say she should have complied in this instance is to essentially equate her scenario with Jacob Blake's or George Floyd's. They aren't the same however.

Conservatives need to be preaching on accepting consequences, not fixating on "not resisting." There's a difference.

You're the only one that has compared her resistance to someone else.

It's accurate to say she was resisting arrest. That doesn't mean all cases of resisting arrest are equal. No one ever said that.
Post removed:
by user
Cramp00
damn mobile ta
Removed:15444557
This thread proves to me that our weak society is in a downward trajectory with little hope for a return to a strong liberty based society.

Refering to Texas, Abbotts "law" did not go through legislation.

The emergency powers were originally intended to be for short term use. While technically legal, the duration has been extensively abused by Abbott.

People and businesses have cowered to the fear the media spreads rather than looking at the data and creating their own risk assessment of how to socialize.

If the government removed all mandates and closures, I would guess businesses would return to normal much quicker with reduced or eliminated mitigation policies.

Saying we all must respect the business decision or leave is short cited when government overreach (and media driven fear) is often the reason for the new business decisions.
AggieKeith15
AG
SirLurksALot said:

AggieKeith15 said:

SirLurksALot said:

AggieKeith15 said:

Average Guy said:

thirdcoast said:

ValleyRatAg said:

Agree.

Two things here:

But it's intellecutally lazy to consider all resistance equal. The need to say she should have complied in this instance is to essentially equate her scenario with Jacob Blake's or George Floyd's. They aren't the same however.

You're the only one that has compared her resistance to someone else.

It's accurate to say she was resisting arrest.

Unless it's to defend prior stances on JB and GF not resisting, why else would any conservative say she shouldn't have resisted arrest? What else would urge so many on here to state such an opinion?

When looking at a video like this, the immediate and natural reaction should be the overreach of the mandates. They are factually real and actively oppressive. They aren't make believe like BLM's claims of "being hunted."

If we believe in freedom we have to be willing to accept the consequences to take/maintain it. Sometimes that means sacrificing ourselves and our own wellbeing.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.