Woman tazed and handcuffed at high school football game...for no mask

22,121 Views | 343 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Average Guy
titan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
SoupNazi2001 said:

FriscoKid said:

titan said:

MassAggie97 said:

Across the board, it makes no sense to "make a stand" against law enforcement or security personnel when they are just trying to enforce the rules. That's true if you're a black guy with a record in Kenosha, or a white girl attending a football game in Ohio. Not surprised forum 16 fails to see any irony here.
You have this one right. They need to comply.

The citizens of the city involved can then forcefully take the matter up with the policy setters.

Titan you don't get it. The people making the orders don't care right now. You think that Abbott is listening? More displays of resistance like this can force them to examine what they are doing, but they don't give a damn about the phone calls, science, e-mails, or letters. They really don't.

Agreed political leaders are not listening. I and many others have written Abbott many times and he doesn't care. Yet he still has these emergency powers which are BS. What is the point when you stop complying.
What is needed is mass non-compliance. Look at Solidarity in Poland.
FrioAg 00:
Leftist Democrats "have completely overplayed the Racism accusation. Honestly my first reaction when I hear it today is to assume bad intentions by the accuser, not the accused."
FriscoKid
AG
titan said:

SoupNazi2001 said:

FriscoKid said:

titan said:

MassAggie97 said:

Across the board, it makes no sense to "make a stand" against law enforcement or security personnel when they are just trying to enforce the rules. That's true if you're a black guy with a record in Kenosha, or a white girl attending a football game in Ohio. Not surprised forum 16 fails to see any irony here.

The citizens of the city involved can then forcefully take the matter up with the policy setters.

Titan you don't get it. The people making the orders don't care right now. You think that Abbott is listening? More displays of resistance like this can force them to examine what they are doing, but they don't give a damn about the phone calls, science, e-mails, or letters. They really don't.

Agreed political leaders are not listening. I and many others have written Abbott many times and he doesn't care. Yet he still has these emergency powers which are BS. What is the point when you stop complying.
It has to start somewhere and I will always applaud people like this woman or people that walk into stores unmasked.
Krautag81
Wow, this is BS!
MassAggie97
AG
Quote:

Quote:

what would I have done
Can't really say for sure, but I know that reason would not be a factor.
I have a daughter, and if she were treated this way it would make me absolutely sick. However, kids these days are entitled brats, nearly across the board. I try to teach my kids NOT to be. This girl has clearly not been taught to respond positively to authority figures. I think maybe this was a lesson she needed to learn the hard way. When there is a policy in place, and you break the policy, DO NOT get stupid with the cops even if you don't like the policy. Period.
BigBrother
AG
titan said:

MassAggie97 said:

Sad to say it, but I agree also. I HATE these COVID policies, and don't think she should've been arrested, but we can't be hypocritical here. Once she had been placed under arrest, she should be expected to comply and take it up with the courts.

titan
S
FriscoKid said:

titan said:

SoupNazi2001 said:

FriscoKid said:

titan said:

MassAggie97 said:

It has to start somewhere and I will always applaud people like this woman or people that walk into stores unmasked.
Oh, don't mistake conduct advice for direct personal criticism. I applaud on one level those that do that too--- but understand that outrage when the law is then enforced is a rather hyped thing.

I very much agreed with the salon owner.

Same with the China man that faced off the tank in June 1989. Just wouldn't advise it.
FrioAg 00:
Leftist Democrats "have completely overplayed the Racism accusation. Honestly my first reaction when I hear it today is to assume bad intentions by the accuser, not the accused."
TacosaurusRex
How has no one talked about the lady saying, "its time for me to go back to Florida?" The rest of the world has gone so bat sh*t crazy that people want to go back to Florida where things are NORMAL.
"If you are reading this, I have passed on from this world — not as big a deal for you as it was for me."
T. Boone Pickens
Post removed:
by user
Comanche_Ag
AG
I think I mostly disagree with the consensus here. I'm hearing "follow the rules, follow the rules", but where is the line where that logic ends?

The line where that logic ends has already been crossed with the mask requirements.

Most everyone here knows the mask requirement is a farce and you still say follow the mask rules?

That's hard to reconcile in my simple thinking.

Also, there should have been MANY men in those stands coming to help or at least investigate the situation.

(I do agree that she should not physically fight the officer, but she should be screaming for help and men should respond.)
MassAggie97
AG
Quote:

I will guarantee you that arrest is not a penalty for mask compliance. It is probably a small fine like every other state.
There's no death penalty for low-level drug offenses either, but Breonna Taylor is still dead AF. Let's not pretend that the mask was the reason for this girl's arrest.
FriscoKid
AG
https://www.nbc4i.com/news/local-news/woman-tased-at-ohio-middle-school-football-game-for-not-wearing-mask/
Longer video. Second arresting officer is not wearing a mask at all.
lamivudine
she should have complied or left you cant win against cops.
TxTarpon

Quote:

I will guarantee you that arrest is not a penalty for mask compliance. It is probably a small fine like every other state.
I will guarantee you that this Alecia Kitts is lucky she was not charged with felony resisting.
She was got a very light trespass charge.
----------------------------------
Texans make the best songwriters because they are the best liars.-Rodney Crowell

We will never give up our guns Steve, we don't care if there is a mass shooting every day of the week.
-BarronVonAwesome

A man with experience is not at the mercy of another man with an opinion.
lamivudine
MassAggie97 said:

Quote:

There's no death penalty for low-level drug offenses either, but Breonna Taylor is still dead AF. Let's not pretend that the mask was the reason for this girl's arrest.
You just compared this to BT case how stupid. ?
TxTarpon

Quote:

Longer video. Second arresting officer is not wearing a mask at all.
Which a defense attorney would rightfully pounce on.
Texans make the best songwriters because they are the best liars.-Rodney Crowell

We will never give up our guns Steve, we don't care if there is a mass shooting every day of the week.
-BarronVonAwesome

JJxvi
AG
We do lots of things that are farcical. For example, if this was a teenager resisting arrest because he was getting kicked out for wearing like an unacceptable band t-shirt or something, it would be no less of a joke that the whole thing started about clothes worn to a football game and escalated to somebody getting blasted with a taser over it. But in reality, that would probably be seen as no big deal, despite how absurd it is.
Comanche_Ag
AG
MassAggie97
AG
Quote:

Maybe a bad analogy, but I'm moving back-and-forth between threads. The point I was trying to make is that, in every case, it is best to just avoid entanglements with the law. This girl didn't get arrested because of a mask. She got arrested because she failed to comply with a legal order. To say this is solely about the mask is to miss the point entirely.

Similarly, Breonna Taylor is not dead because of drug crimes, but because her interaction with police when they came to search her house became violent. Maybe Jacob Blake would've been a better comparison.
CheeseSndwch
Trump should invite them both to The White House for a Beer Summit.
TxTarpon
Quote:

(I do agree that she should not physically fight the officer, but she should be screaming for help and men should respond.)
(Using Texas laws)
Are you saying you and maybe other men would engage in felony assault of a police officer (TXPC-
TITLE 5. OFFENSES AGAINST THE PERSON-CHAPTER 22. ASSAULTIVE OFFENSES) to prevent misdemeanor resisting and Interference with Public Duties?

That sounds great to post here, but in reality it would pay you zero dividends.

-BarronVonAwesome

EKUAg
AG
MassAggie97 said:

Quote:

So you are saying the intentionally executed her?

Don't let facts get in the way.
Comanche_Ag
AG
TxTarpon said:

Quote:

(Using Texas laws)
Are you saying you and maybe other men would engage in felony assault of a police officer (TXPC-
TITLE 5. OFFENSES AGAINST THE PERSON-CHAPTER 22. ASSAULTIVE OFFENSES) to prevent misdemeanor resisting and Interference with Public Duties?

Remove your filtered glasses and read the words of my post. Don't put words in my mouth.
MassAggie97
AG
Quote:

So you are saying the intentionally executed her?

Don't let facts get in the way.
No, I'm not. See my clarification above.
ValleyRatAg
AG
MassAggie97 said:

Quote:

Maybe a bad analogy, but I'm moving back-and-forth between threads. The point I was trying to make is that, in every case, it is best to just avoid entanglements with the law. This girl didn't get arrested because of a mask. She got arrested because she failed to comply with a legal order. To say this is solely about the mask is to miss the point entirely.

Similarly, Breonna Taylor is not dead because of drug crimes, but because her interaction with police when they came to search her house became violent. Maybe Jacob Blake would've been a better comparison.
Except this girl was no physical threat to the LEO.
MRB10
AG
My initial reaction is that the use of force isn't commensurate with the crime(I really hate the mask mandate). However, she's clearly resisting and I don't feel right criticizing the officer for using force to enforce the rules when she's acting a fool.

Play stupid games win stupid prizes.

“There is no red.
There is no blue.
There is the state.
And there is you.”

“As government expands, Liberty contracts” - R. Reagan
TxTarpon

Quote:

Remove your filtered glasses and read the words of my post. Don't put words in my mouth.
So what are yall gonna do?
Look at the officer and do a soy boy "SAY HER NAME!!" or "PIGS IN A FRYING PAN" or "POLICE OFFICER KAREN" chant?
Either take action of sit down bus driver.

-BarronVonAwesome

JFABNRGR
AG
SoupNazi2001 said:

FriscoKid said:

titan said:

MassAggie97 said:

Agreed so far our legislators and policy makers are not listening to us....yet. THEY NEED TO HEAR FROM MORE OF US. PLEASE CONTACT MANY OF THEM VOICING YOUR COMPLAINTS, ASKING WHAT IS THE METRIC FOR MASK REMOVAL AND OPENING UP 100% IS, ASK HOW DO THEY JUSTIFY THE RESTRICTIONS, GIVEN 95-99.88% SURVIVAL RATES. SUBMIT FOIA REQUESTS FOR COVID RESTRICTION DISCUSSIONS AND HOW MANY COMPLAINTS HAVE THE GOV OFFICE RECIEVED REGARDING COVID RESTRICTIONS? HOW MAY HAVE BEEN RESPONDED TO?. This information can be used in the media IE Gov do you really represent your constituents? Hit up the TEA and UIL so our kids can go back to normal. A&M is already stating next spring to be like now, meanwhile the CDC is telling our kids to skip Halloween. That's a month(s) away while numbers continue to fall. This is not going to end until the silent majority amongst us stands up and begins to fight back against this madness.
https://wrm.capitol.texas.gov/home
https://tea.texas.gov/about-tea/contact-us
https://www.uiltexas.org/contact
“You can resolve to live your life with integrity. Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me.”
- Alexander Solzhenitsyn
texag84
AG
It was hard to tell who the cheerleaders were cheering for.

2 bits
4 bits
6 bits a dollar
All for a tazer
resist and holler

Duckhook
AG
Comanche_Ag said:

TxTarpon said:

Quote:

(Using Texas laws)

You said "there should be MANY men coming to help or investigate the situation".

I'll give you the chance to expand on what you meant by that. Investigate what? Help her resist or help the officer restrain her?
Cassius
MassAggie97 said:

Quote:

Good grief! She's dead because her BF fired a gun at police and they responded. Dumb!
Comanche_Ag
AG
In my community, if a group of men came over and said "let's take a step back and calm things down here", things would deescalate quickly. The girl would feel as those she was not alone and was not being wrongfully attacked.

There would never be a need to tase a small girl!

richardag
MassAggie97 said:

Quote:

What Law?
Worth noting that, while it isn't a "law" to wear a mask, any property owner/proprietor can enact rules that apply when you are on their property. If you don't follow the rules, they are within their rights to ask you to leave. If you don't leave you're trespassing. Let's not act like this lady was "in the right". I can see where you can get to the fact that being tasered over a mask is stupid, because it is, but as noted above let's not pretend that this person didn't contribute at all to her own bad outcome.
The governor mandated that people at all sporting events even outdoors must wear a mask. Stupid governor needs to be voted out of office yesterday. This supposed "Law" was made up by the governor and should have been fought by the legislature, maybe it has, hopefully this woman, who shouldn't have resisted, will get a fund started to fight this in court and the legality of the "mandate" by the governor be decided in court.
TxTarpon

Quote:

In my community, if a group of men came over and said "let's take a step back and calm things down here", things would deescalate quickly. The girl would feel as those she was not alone and was not being wrongfully attacked.
Cool story bro.
Men advocating for a suspect while surrounding a police officer acting in his official duty during a fight with the suspect would not have that reaction in 2020. Having to watch her and multiple approaching unknown men would not be a Mayberry Moment.
Quote:

In 1990 I would agree with you.
In 2020, sorry, google "Cops taze kid" and see the articles.

-BarronVonAwesome

rwtxag83
AG
flogmat said:

I'm very confused. Obviously a ridiculous show of "force." But tensions escalate when people resist. Just follow freaking instructions!!!

I hate the masks too, but this is another example of things escalating because it appears that the offender was being difficult.
BINGO!!!

This happened because she failed to follow his instructions. People don't get tazed and handcuffed/removed forcefully for failing to wear a mask.

Sounds like the cop told her to put on the mask or leave. His job is to enFORCE the rules. Well here comes the FORCE.

You don't have to wear a mask, but if you are in a place that requires one, you may be called on it by the authorities. If you then refuse to comply, you have royally screwed up, and don't have a leg to stand on legally about how you think this is unreasonable.

If you don't like the rules, work to change the rules.
rwtxag83
AG
Comanche_Ag said:

I disagree

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.