Mueller dismisses top FBI agent in Russia probe for anti-Trump texts

7,440,057 Views | 49262 Replies | Last: 6 days ago by nortex97
ThunderCougarFalconBird
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
FriscoKid said:

Talked with a retired FBI guy from my church last night. He was pretty far up and a life long agent. He knew Muller on a first name basis. Of course, he didn't say much in detail. But, he seemed upset with what the media was saying about that FISA warrant. He thought it was all BS and that they don't work the way we were being led to believe. It sounded like he might have worked really closely with foreign surveillance because he said that was his group. Not really close to the guy and I didn't have time for a long chat.

I know, "unnamed sources", but it caused me to pause for a bit.

Is he right, is he just a dem, is he just a loyal agent that can't believe the corruption happened, etc?

Seems like there is some pretty damning evidence already out there.
any answer regarding that guy's reaction is plausible. After a career at an agency it could very reasonably trigger a cognitive dissonance type of response to that sort of wrongdoing. It who knows.
FriscoKid
AG
You might be right. The media doesn't realize they are biased either.
Hillary paid for warrant to spy on Trump.
MouthBQ98
AG
People can believe they are in the right without being in the right from the perspective of others. They can convince themselves their intent is honorable even when their means and motives appear less so to a neutral observer.
bmks270
AG
blindey said:

FriscoKid said:

Talked with a retired FBI guy from my church last night. He was pretty far up and a life long agent. He knew Muller on a first name basis. Of course, he didn't say much in detail. But, he seemed upset with what the media was saying about that FISA warrant. He thought it was all BS and that they don't work the way we were being led to believe. It sounded like he might have worked really closely with foreign surveillance because he said that was his group. Not really close to the guy and I didn't have time for a long chat.

I know, "unnamed sources", but it caused me to pause for a bit.

Is he right, is he just a dem, is he just a loyal agent that can't believe the corruption happened, etc?

Seems like there is some pretty damning evidence already out there.
any answer regarding that guy's reaction is plausible. After a career at an agency it could very reasonably trigger a cognitive dissonance type of response to that sort of wrongdoing. It who knows.

It could be this agent is thinking of how things are 'supposed' to be done and thinks too hightly of those involved to believe they broke the law so blatantly.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Completely plausible. That's what makes all of this so tricky. The "good" career people in the department can't see the bad or won't see the bad or some other thing going on.
drcrinum

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/456435/rice-email-reveals-plan-dont-tell-trump-hes-being-investigated

Quote:

What Did Comey Tell President Trump about the Steele Dossier?
The Rice email outlines Obama's strategy to withhold key details of the Russia investigation.

....An email written on January 21 to record decisions made on January 5 is not written to memorialize what was decided. It is written to revise the memory of what was decided in order to rationalize what was then done.

This is Andrew McCarthy at his finest. You must read it. He has concluded, while supplying details of which I was totally unaware, that the meeting mentioned in Rice's infamous e-mail to herself was all about how they were not going to inform Trump he was under investigation...an elaborate plan so that the FISA warrant investigation could proceed without Trump shutting it down...until hopefully they could uncover the necessary evidence to out him. It's a fascinating read.

MetoliusAg
Interesting development at today's HIC hearing. Bannon refused to answer any questions not preapproved by WH after WH sent letter asserting that executive privilege covers the transition period between election day in early November and Inauguration.
backintexas2013
AG
Smart move.
Prosperdick
AG
etcetera said:

Interesting development at today's HIC hearing. Bannon refused to answer any questions not preapproved by WH after WH sent letter asserting that executive privilege covers the transition period between election day in early November and Inauguration.
After seeing what Obama and his weaponized DOJ/FBI were willing to do in order to find any possible dirt on Trump wouldn't you proceed with EXTREME caution? Oh wait, no, it just means that meanie Trump is guilty.
93MarineHorn
Quote:

He thought it was all BS and that they don't work the way we were being led to believe. It sounded like he might have worked really closely with foreign surveillance because he said that was his group.
I'm sorry, but we keep getting the same refrain from FBI folks. "It's BS" is not an acceptable argument given all that has been exposed. What about it is "BS"? Because it sure looks bad, really bad. So please, please explain to us peasants how this can all be explained away. Oh, you won't explain it. We're just supposed to trust the people who are being exposed as corrupt that they really aren't corrupt? That they have the gall to act offended that they're being questioned about it is so damn insulting.
Prosperdick
AG
drcrinum said:

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/456435/rice-email-reveals-plan-dont-tell-trump-hes-being-investigated

Quote:

What Did Comey Tell President Trump about the Steele Dossier?
The Rice email outlines Obama's strategy to withhold key details of the Russia investigation.

....An email written on January 21 to record decisions made on January 5 is not written to memorialize what was decided. It is written to revise the memory of what was decided in order to rationalize what was then done.

This is Andrew McCarthy at his finest. You must read it. He has concluded, while supplying details of which I was totally unaware, that the meeting mentioned in Rice's infamous e-mail to herself was all about how they were not going to inform Trump he was under investigation...an elaborate plan so that the FISA warrant investigation could proceed without Trump shutting it down...until hopefully they could uncover the necessary evidence to out him. It's a fascinating read.

Wow did I get A Few Good Men vibe with that Obama meeting...it was like Lt. Kendrick ordering Dawson and Downey to give Trump...err Santiago a Code Red.

I just hope Lt. Kaffee...err Horowitz has concrete, actionable evidence in that OIG report. It better not be foot lockers and phone bills because there's no way Jessep err Obama is going to take the stand.
RoscoePColtrane
Practically every damn day, as more and more largely arbitrary redactions are pried away kicking and screaming from documents that were deliberately hidden from public view in the first place by endless stonewalling, the venality of their true motivations and that of their cohort's actions becomes more evident. The swamp is covering for each other hiding behind the ****ing guise of national security, when all it is, is that they are hiding their dirty laundry not protecting the nation. This sort of crap has got to be addressed.

And the ramifications of these unmaskings (note the word) will be more extensive than expected and will reach into every aspect of our culture, even to the last lines of Swamp's defense the media, entertainment and education. The results won't go in a straight line, I'm no statistical expert, but they rarely do. And there will always those who remain true believers, no matter what. That's what true believers do. Their defenders will also become increasingly shrill, as the wagons continue to circle. But the Swampers and I strongly suspect many of them are starting to realize it (hence that shrillness) are headed for a world of hurt. If they chose to die on that hill so be it, but they have to go, democrat, republican, indy, whatever, if you're the swamp it's time to clean out your ****ing desk.
Never take a hostage you aren't willing to shoot,
Remember, America doesn’t negotiate with terrorists.
Code 7 10-42
GCP12
AG
etcetera said:

Prosperdick
AG
****...that means 20 hours without a drink for Bannon, that's probably worse than water boarding for him.
Rapier108
GCP12 said:

etcetera said:

20 hours is nothing but looking for another process crime.
aggiehawg
AG
Rapier108 said:

GCP12 said:

etcetera said:

20 hours is nothing but looking for another process.
That's Mueller trying to get around Executive Privilege. (If Bannon was instructed to assert Executive Privilege in testimony before Congress, it is natural to assume it was also asserted with regard to Mueller.)

Anything that supposedly happened before the election would be excluded from the assertion of Executive Privilege, i.e. during the campaign.
FbgTxAg
AG
aggiehawg said:

Rapier108 said:

GCP12 said:

etcetera said:

That's Mueller trying to get around Executive Privilege. (If Bannon was instructed to assert Executive Privilege in testimony before Congress, it is natural to assume it was also asserted with regard to Mueller.)

Anything that supposedly happened before the election would be excluded from the assertion of Executive Privilege, i.e. during the campaign.
Why wouldn't someone like Bannon just answer "I can't remember" to every single question?
The greatest argument ever made against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter.
aggiehawg
AG
jjeffers1 said:

aggiehawg said:

Rapier108 said:

GCP12 said:

etcetera said:

Why wouldn't someone like Bannon just answer "I can't remember" to every single question?
Because it wouldn't work for long. Bannon is a loud mouth. Just need a few of his friends to testify what all he has told them to press a perjury charge for subsequently claiming he can't remember.

I was being deposed one time and the subject matter involved attorney-client privilege. The lawyer questioning spen and hour rephrasing his question coming at me from every angle and I had to ask my attorney if I could answer a few of them. He of course said no and his instruction to me went into the record ( to protect me from possible contempt of court proceedings later on.) I clearly knew the answer to the question but was refusing to answer it.

Bannon would likely have a whole host of issues that would fall under Executive Privilege. I can easily see him being grilled for 20 hours over several days trying to get around those assertions.
fasthorse05
Hawg, is it considered impolite, or disrespectful to fall asleep during a deposition?

Damn, if it went that long, I'd even try to snore, or at least drool on the other attorney!
aggiehawg
AG
fasthorses05 said:

Hawg, is it considered impolite, or disrespectful to fall asleep during a deposition?

Damn, if it went that long, I'd even try to snore, or at least drool on the other attorney!
If you are the one being deposed, it is.

But I'm assuming the twenty hours were over a few days. My deposition totaled 40 hours but it was over six different days.
DTP02
AG
RoscoePColtrane said:

Good read

http://thefederalist.com/2018/02/15/media-stopped-reporting-russia-collusion-story-helped-create/

Quote:

The Media Stopped Reporting The Russia Collusion Story Because They Helped Create It

The press has played an active role in the Trump-Russia collusion story since its inception. It helped birth it.

Half the country wants to know why the press won't cover the growing scandal now implicating the Federal Bureau of Investigation and Department of Justice, and threatening to reach the State Department, Central Intelligence Agency, and perhaps even the Obama White House.

After all, the release last week of a less-redacted version of Sens. Charles Grassley and Lindsey Graham's January 4 letter showed that the FBI secured a Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act warrant to search the communications of a Trump campaign adviser based on a piece of opposition research paid for by the Clinton campaign and the Democratic National Committee. The Fourth Amendment rights of an American citizen were violated to allow one political party to spy on another.

If the press did its job and reported the facts, the argument goes, then it wouldn't just be Republicans and Trump supporters demanding accountability and justice. Americans across the political spectrum would understand the nature and extent of the abuses and crimes touching not just on one political party and its presidential candidate but the rights of every American.

That's all true, but irrelevant. The reasons the press won't cover the story are suggested in the Graham-Grassley letter itself.

Better than good. Really lays out the echo chamber nature of the entire deal and how political biases clearly came into play. Must read for everyone.
GCP12
AG
Grain of salt and all that
RoscoePColtrane
GCP12 said:

Robyn Gritz said the same this basically in the weekend podcast. Severe house cleaning. Thing about the IG he can't prosecute but when it comes to anything administrative, he's got the hammer.
Code 7 10-42
Prosperdick
AG
GCP12 said:

If true can't wait to see how the Dem sycophants in the media spin it.

Oh wait, I already know...they will ignore the evidence or blatantly obfuscate it and accuse Trump of further tarnishing the reputation of our feds.
MetoliusAg
DTP02 said:

RoscoePColtrane said:

Good read

http://thefederalist.com/2018/02/15/media-stopped-reporting-russia-collusion-story-helped-create/

Quote:

The Media Stopped Reporting The Russia Collusion Story Because They Helped Create It

The press has played an active role in the Trump-Russia collusion story since its inception. It helped birth it.

Half the country wants to know why the press won't cover the growing scandal now implicating the Federal Bureau of Investigation and Department of Justice, and threatening to reach the State Department, Central Intelligence Agency, and perhaps even the Obama White House.

After all, the release last week of a less-redacted version of Sens. Charles Grassley and Lindsey Graham's January 4 letter showed that the FBI secured a Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act warrant to search the communications of a Trump campaign adviser based on a piece of opposition research paid for by the Clinton campaign and the Democratic National Committee. The Fourth Amendment rights of an American citizen were violated to allow one political party to spy on another

If the press did its job and reported the facts, the argument goes, then it wouldn't just be Republicans and Trump supporters demanding accountability and justice. Americans across the political spectrum would understand the nature and extent of the abuses and crimes touching not just on one political party and its presidential candidate but the rights of every American.

That's all true, but irrelevant. The reasons the press won't cover the story are suggested in the Graham-Grassley letter itself.

Better then good. Must read for everyone.
Hopefully it is okay to point out some inaccuracies contained in the quoted excerpt above.

1. The mainstream press hasn't stopped its reporting and investigating on the Russia collusion scandal. There are articles and tweets from MSM journalists every day on the Russia collusion scandal.

2. The mainstream press didn't ignore the Grassley/Graham memo; the MSM reported extensively on it. Also, several mainstream IC-content and legal-content websites which contribute content regularly to the mainstream press analyzed the unredacted parts of the content of the G/G memo in detail and reported their findings.

3. The G/G memo contained some allegations, and it also stated a number of questions/concerns the two Senators said they have. But contrary to what the above article implies, the G/G memo didn't prove that an American citizen's (presumably Carter Page) 4th amendment rights were violated. Nor did the G/G memo prove the four consecutive FISA warrants sought by the DOJ/FBI and granted by four different FISA Court judges was politically motivated.

Those two things are unanswered questions which are still being investigated.

4. Like most everyone else, the mainstream press has publicly clamored for the FISA warrant and underlying documents to be made public. Several of the larger mainstream press outlets have filed FOIA documents on the FISA warrant and related documents, and they doubtlessly expect an expensive legal battle will be necessary before the government will release FISA docs. Those aren't the actions of people and news organizations who have "stopped reporting" on the Russia collusion story.

GCP12
AG
Sorry, but you're completely FOS when it comes to the media coverage of the grassley memo.
GCP12
AG
Rapier108
GCP12 said:

Since when was Gates a "top Trump advisor"?

The only time I have ever seen him referred to as that is after Mueller went after him. Before that he was simply Manafort's business partner.
GCP12
AG

The judge pretty much said, "no. Ask the executive branch"

This is in response to Nunes's request of the FISA court transcripts.
GCP12
AG

Sent goodlatte to the executive branch, as well.
scottimus
AG
She's just buying time....probably doing her hair. Lol jk.
FbgTxAg
AG
I did find it interesting she said the DOJ should have the docs and she didn't object to the DOJ providing the docs to congress.
The greatest argument ever made against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter.
RoscoePColtrane
GCP12 said:

Fake news Gates was NEVER part of the Trump campaign in ANY capacity.
Code 7 10-42
scottimus
AG
"Ram Rod" Rosenstein probably isn't in a hurry to out himself on everything. Hopefully the judge just threw him under the bus PUBLICLY if he did sign off on that FISA app. Keeps her in the clear, also.
GCP12
AG
RoscoePColtrane said:

GCP12 said:

Fake news Gates was NEVER part of the Trump campaign in ANY capacity.
He has worked with Manafort for a long time. Oh, and also with the podestas. Anyone heard from Tony in a while?
First Page Last Page
Page 178 of 1408

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.