Mueller dismisses top FBI agent in Russia probe for anti-Trump texts

7,440,263 Views | 49262 Replies | Last: 6 days ago by nortex97
(removed:110205)
How long do you want to ignore this user?
dreyOO said:

Agreed. But i still want her cuffed and booked. Then she cop a plea and leave in disgrace
I want her hanged for treason.
drcrinum
DeWrecking Crew said:

So it looks like it was a forced recusal, things are starting to come together, if the same judge who granted the Title 1 was also the judge on the Flynn plea, and that same judge was also who extended the warrant and was then subsequently forced into recusal meaning he didn't recuse himself, that was really the last piece of the puzzle wasn't it? A corrupted judge makes this whole thing come together quite nicely.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2018/02/15/general-mike-flynn-rudolph-contreras-and-the-increasingly-sketchy-fisa-application/
Quote:

That FISA application is now evidenced to have relied heavily upon the 'Clinton-Steele Dossier'; and with discoveries from the Devin Nunes memo, and Chuck Grassley memo, there is strong evidence of gross and intentional misrepresentation within the application.

That puts the spotlight back upon the FISA judge who approved the application despite the transparent flaws, political omissions and factual weaknesses. If Rudolph Contreras signed off on the Title-1 surveillance warrant, Judge Contreras is now in question.

Senate Judiciary Chairman Chuck Grassley has requested the FISA Application to be declassified by the DOJ. House Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin Nunes has requested transcripts from the application hearing. House Judiciary Chairman Bob Goodlatte - holding statutory oversight over the FISA court - has requested the actual FISA warrant and application (all documents).

Nunes and Goodlatte's requests were made to presiding FISA Judge Rosemary Collyer. Judge Collyer was the FISA judge who wrote the eye-opening 99-page opinion of the FISA abuses reported by NSA Director Admiral Mike Rogers, DOJ National Security Division head John P Carlin, and FBI Director James Comey.

Coincidentally (or not) Judge Rosemary Collyer might have been the Presiding FISA Judge who - holding concerns over ongoing FISC revelations in late 2017- recused Rudolph Contreras from further contact with the Flynn case. The other option for a forced recusal would the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court, John Roberts.

As Clarice Feldman writes at American Thinker: "As the evidence mounts that the warrant was improperly granted, someone perhaps the chief judge of the district removed him from further participation in the case, likely because Contreras approved the warrant and its extension. If the warrant was improperly issued, all the evidence it garnered is tainted."

This brightens the spotlight upon Judge Contreras and his involvement in the FISA Title-1 surveillance authority.

Me thinks Judge Collyer goin' to get her broom out and do some housekeeping.
Fully exposing the misdeeds behind the FISA warrant might make a perfect prelude to the release of the OIG Report.
RoscoePColtrane
This is so key right here.

To this point the 302's have been under request my the Congressional Committees and the FBI/DOJ has been stonewalling them for a very good reason. They are damning and they know it or they would have turned them over a year ago. They need to be held accountable for obstruction, because that's all they are doing. Their damn vanity and embarrassment mean squat anymore. Hiding from the public, behind the claim of national security is BS and unacceptable anymore. Hiding from the public that you screwed Mike Flynn and ruined him financially over their political BS isn't a matter of national security, it's a matter of the FBI/DOJ trying to save their own asses because they are caught.

Quote:

"Today's Stipulated Motion gives the Flynn team access to ALL evidence, including the FD-302's, as long as the evidence is kept secret."
The fact that Wray has done nothing but attempt to spin positive PR for the Bureau and not cleaned house of the bad actors is telling. The fact that people like Strzok are still drawing a paycheck is very telling. Wray needs to go ASAP. Rod Rosenstein needs to go, and if Sessions doesn't withdraw his recusal, he needs to step down for the inability to perform the duties he sworn to do. Hiding behind the excuse that they are waiting on the IG report is over. Send Mueller packing, he is done.
Never take a hostage you aren't willing to shoot,
Remember, America doesn’t negotiate with terrorists.
Code 7 10-42
BMX Bandit
Sessions isn't withdrawing his recusal nor should he. The regs are pretty clear.

Why hasn't Trump gotten rid of Rosenstein?
MouthBQ98
AG
That makes FISA a rather insidious law in regards to the 4th amendment civil rights of American citizens...
RoscoePColtrane
BMX Bandit said:

Sessions isn't withdrawing his recusal nor should he. The regs are pretty clear.

Why hasn't Trump gotten rid of Rosenstein?
The fact that this has gotten way beyond any campaign issue is pretty clear, what all is he recused from other than that? Mueller not investigating election tampering anymore, and collusion isn't a crime. Mueller is searching for process crimes and Sessions isn't recused from process crimes.

You know good and well why Trump hasn't fired Rosenstein. Schiff and Swallowswell will be on every channel 24/7 screaming obstruction, they still are for firing Comey and Article 2 clearly states differently.
Code 7 10-42
Ellis Wyatt
MouthBQ98 said:

That makes FISA a rather insidious law in regards to the 4th amendment civil rights of American citizens...
As always, the problem is liberals. They seek to corrupt anything for their own political gain. Lawmakers, FBI agents, presidents, FISA judges, it doesn't matter. Liberals are unethical, untrustworthy people who will abuse their power in any position to advance the agenda.
BMX Bandit
I know why Rosenstein hasn't been fired. It would be politically dumb & not necessary for Trump.

So I don't get why you keep calling for it.
scottimus
AG
Exactly. The democratic play has not been what the law states. It is what the optics will be.

Going into Midterms, now, no way Trump can just fire someone on the case. That ship has sailed.

Hopefully the Mueller fiasco will open more doors, and if Flynn gets let off the hook, it should open the gates to the entire investigation being shut down and counter act any media momentum (whatever was left) in the Mueller investigation.

Also, Trump can keep hammering the FBI, DOJ, and corruption going into the mid-terms.

Politically its is viable, as for the nation as a whole, we already were fractured from the top.

I trust Trump's lawyers and judgement on this.
backintexas2013
AG
The same reason people were calling for firing of Billy Kennedy during halftime on Tuesday.
RoscoePColtrane
BMX Bandit said:

I know why Rosenstein hasn't been fired. It would be politically dumb & not necessary for Trump.

So I don't get why you keep calling for it.
Because I don't think he should be drawing a paycheck from taxpayers based on his conduct during the time he was being paid by the taxpayers. There is a list that should never draw another day of pay from tax dollars. I'll let the judicial system decide whether they go to jail or not, but the paycheck need to stop from my pocket.
Code 7 10-42
RoscoePColtrane
Good read

http://thefederalist.com/2018/02/15/media-stopped-reporting-russia-collusion-story-helped-create/

Quote:

The Media Stopped Reporting The Russia Collusion Story Because They Helped Create It

The press has played an active role in the Trump-Russia collusion story since its inception. It helped birth it.

Half the country wants to know why the press won't cover the growing scandal now implicating the Federal Bureau of Investigation and Department of Justice, and threatening to reach the State Department, Central Intelligence Agency, and perhaps even the Obama White House.

After all, the release last week of a less-redacted version of Sens. Charles Grassley and Lindsey Graham's January 4 letter showed that the FBI secured a Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act warrant to search the communications of a Trump campaign adviser based on a piece of opposition research paid for by the Clinton campaign and the Democratic National Committee. The Fourth Amendment rights of an American citizen were violated to allow one political party to spy on another.

If the press did its job and reported the facts, the argument goes, then it wouldn't just be Republicans and Trump supporters demanding accountability and justice. Americans across the political spectrum would understand the nature and extent of the abuses and crimes touching not just on one political party and its presidential candidate but the rights of every American.

That's all true, but irrelevant. The reasons the press won't cover the story are suggested in the Graham-Grassley letter itself.

Code 7 10-42
DTP02
AG
Ellis Wyatt said:

MouthBQ98 said:

As always, the problem is liberals. They seek to corrupt anything for their own political gain. Lawmakers, FBI agents, presidents, FISA judges, it doesn't matter. Liberals are unethical, untrustworthy people who will abuse their power in any position to advance the agenda.

People abuse power, period. The problem is giving them the power to abuse in the first place.

Less authority, less power, less abuse.
This is the only answer.

Less liberals would be nice, but as long as the potential for abuse is there, you can count on it happening. It's human nature.
MetoliusAg
RoscoePColtrane said:

Looks like Lt Gen Paul M. Nakasone has been nominated to replace Adm Rogers as the NSA Chief. He has also been nominated for his 4th Star as well. He's currently the commander of United States Cyber Command's Joint Task Force-ARES.

The entire country owes a kings ransom to Adm Mike Rogers for saving our country from the Marxist Obama regime. He put his own career and well being in jeopardy to protect the country and its president elect, when he took it upon his own to warn Pres Elect Donald Trump that barry was spying on him and his campaign.
I've seen that speculative narrative about Admiral Rogers, and I hope it isn't true.

If -- repeat -- IF Admiral Mike S. Rogers did tell President-elect Trump or other members of the Trump campaign that there were ongoing federal intelligence investigations and surveillance into the contacts that occurred between certain Trump campaign members and foreign spies, then he committed a serious crime and betrayal of duty.

SpreadsheetAg
AG
[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_pill_and_blue_pill]I prefer the red pills[/url]
RoscoePColtrane
etcetera said:

RoscoePColtrane said:

Looks like Lt Gen Paul M. Nakasone has been nominated to replace Adm Rogers as the NSA Chief. He has also been nominated for his 4th Star as well. He's currently the commander of United States Cyber Command's Joint Task Force-ARES.

The entire country owes a kings ransom to Adm Mike Rogers for saving our country from the Marxist Obama regime. He put his own career and well being in jeopardy to protect the country and its president elect, when he took it upon his own to warn Pres Elect Donald Trump that barry was spying on him and his campaign.
I've seen that speculative narrative about Admiral Rogers, and I hope it isn't true.

If -- repeat -- IF Admiral Mike S. Rogers did tell President-elect Trump or other members of the Trump campaign that there were ongoing federal intelligence investigations and surveillance into the contacts that occurred between certain Trump campaign members and foreign spies, then he committed a serious crime and betrayal of duty.

Care to cite any legal reference to your crap or is this the normal daily troll drivel as usual?
Code 7 10-42
backintexas2013
AG
OR maybe he thought he was doing the right thing because the whole thing was a sham. We will see.
RoscoePColtrane
Ellis Wyatt said:

MouthBQ98 said:

As always, the problem is liberals the corrupt establishment members of our government. They seek to corrupt anything for their own political gain. Lawmakers, FBI agents, presidents, FISA judges, it doesn't matter. Liberals They are unethical, untrustworthy people who will abuse their power in any position to advance the agenda.
FIFY
Code 7 10-42
Rockdoc
AG
Don't feed the troll and he will find another thread to derail.
backintexas2013
AG
It's the ever moving goal post. A year ago the dossier would never have been used for a warrant. Six months ago it was well it might have been used but they would have said exactly how they got the information. Then it was well they said political research so that's good enough.

Can't wait to see what's next.
drcrinum
etcetera said:

RoscoePColtrane said:

I'd say what he did was dangerous -- he could easily have met the same fate as Seth Rich. And don't forget, this was post election.

Note that Rogers' meeting was soon discovered, and although extremely upsetting to others in the hierarchy, nothing was done about it. Why?

And don't forget, Rogers was the one who discovered the illegal 702 Queries being performed by 'private contractors' at the FBI facilities, and he closed it down. (This hasn't surfaced yet in the ongoing Memo wars.) Then, after the fraudulent FISA warrant application was approved in October, he notified the FISA Court of FISA abuse and this initiated the events leading to Judge Collyer's 99 page FISA Court abuse paper/ruling.

Rogers wasn't just a whistleblower, he was an action hero, standing up against treasonous activity in order to save his country. You are saying that an active duty officer should obey orders to commit/condone treason -- that's not what the Code of Conduct says: VI. "I will never forget that I am an American, fighting for freedom, responsible for my actions, and dedicated to the principles which made my country free. I will trust in my God and in the United States of America." If you obey an illegal order from a superior, you can be held accountable for your actions in a military courtroom. Admiral Rogers knew what he was doing was correct according to his oath and consistent with military law.

RoscoePColtrane
drcrinum said:

etcetera said:

RoscoePColtrane said:

I'd say what he did was dangerous -- he could easily have met the same fate as Seth Rich. And don't forget, this was post election.

Note that Rogers' meeting was soon discovered, and although extremely upsetting to others in the hierarchy, nothing was done about it. Why?

And don't forget, Rogers was the one who discovered the illegal 702 Queries being performed by 'private contractors' at the FBI facilities, and he closed it down. (This hasn't surfaced yet in the ongoing Memo wars.) Then, after the fraudulent FISA warrant application was approved in October, he notified the FISA Court of FISA abuse and this initiated the events leading to Judge Collyer's 99 page FISA Court abuse paper/ruling.

Rogers wasn't just a whistleblower, he was an action hero, standing up against treasonous activity in order to save his country. You are saying that an active duty officer should obey orders to commit/condone treason -- that's not what the Code of Conduct says: VI. "I will never forget that I am an American, fighting for freedom, responsible for my actions, and dedicated to the principles which made my country free. I will trust in my God and in the United States of America." If you obey an illegal order from a superior, you can be held accountable for your actions in a military courtroom. Admiral Rogers knew what he was doing was correct according to his oath and consistent with military law.

Code 7 10-42
Bird93
AG
Exactly. His oath required him to support and defend the constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic.
GCP12
AG
etcetera said:

RoscoePColtrane said:

drcrinum

Quote:

Mueller's 'Pit Bull' Andrew Weissmann Busted for Withholding Evidence in Previous Case

• In 1997 Andrew Weissmann was officially reprimanded by a judge in the Eastern District of New York for withholding evidence.
  • Weissmann was reported to the Department of Justice Inspector General and Senate Judiciary Committee for alleged "corrupt legal practices."
  • A formal letter from U.S. Attorney Eastern District of New York Zachary Carter requested the judge to remove Weissman's name, according to documents.
  • Civil rights and Criminal Defense Attorney David Schoen said Weissmann needs to be investigated for alleged past misconduct in court cases.

RoscoePColtrane
After years of non-stop blathering as the party of "truth, justice and equality," the Dems are slowly, inexorably being revealed to be the reverse. They are being hoisted on the petard of their own moral narcissism. It has made them blind. So convinced of their own righteousness were they that it allowed them to participate in, even instigate, the subversion of our justice system to the extent of lying to and deceiving a FISA court in the name of what they assumed was "good." They did this in concert with people who claimed to be Republicans or "independents" working for that system in the supposedly noble cause of upending Trump, before and after his election, but they all ended up being the deluded agents of government corruption the likes of which we have never seen in this country. It comes down to something as crude as "Trump's a bad guy, therefore I'm a good guy and can do or say anything I wish to destroy Trump." This is moral narcissism taken to a pathological extreme. Indoctrination in the higher levels of education has been gaining momentum since the 60's, and still goes on today.
Code 7 10-42
FriscoKid
AG
Talked with a retired FBI guy from my church last night. He was pretty far up and a life long agent. He knew Muller on a first name basis. Of course, he didn't say much in detail. But, he seemed upset with what the media was saying about that FISA warrant. He thought it was all BS and that they don't work the way we were being led to believe. It sounded like he might have worked really closely with foreign surveillance because he said that was his group. Not really close to the guy and I didn't have time for a long chat.

I know, "unnamed sources", but it caused me to pause for a bit.

Is he right, is he just a dem, is he just a loyal agent that can't believe the corruption happened, etc?

Seems like there is some pretty damning evidence already out there.
Hillary paid for warrant to spy on Trump.
boulderaggie
AG
Rockdoc said:

Wish STAFF would create a thread-level ban so we can rid these guys from the thread without banning them altogether.
Bird93
AG
We all want to believe that "our own" are above reproach. Unfortunately, they rarely are.
dreyOO
He may be right and wrong.

FISA should not work so loosely. It probably is a legitimate process.

That doesn't prevent an agent to present something incorrectly or a partisan judge to let it slip through.

Did you ask him why Contreras was recused if this is all media presentation?
stetson
AG
I think it is laid out pretty clearly in the legislation how the FISA process is supposed to work.
drcrinum

My in law who was in FBI intelligence believed that all the rank and file agents were good people in general, and he thought Comey was okay...the problem areas were some of the high ranking attorneys in his opinion.
FriscoKid
AG
dreyOO said:

He may be right and wrong.

FISA should not work so loosely. It probably is a legitimate process.

That doesn't prevent an agent to present something incorrectly or a partisan judge to let it slip through.

Did you ask him why Contreras was recused if this is all media presentation?

He wouldn't answer that even if I did. I probably will ask him if he thinks the Page and Stroisk texts are alarming though. I bet he thinks they are cherry picked.
Hillary paid for warrant to spy on Trump.
Rockdoc
AG
boulderaggie said:

Rockdoc said:

Wish STAFF would create a thread-level ban so we can rid these guys from the thread without banning them altogether.
I hear ya. But actually staff has done a pretty good job protecting this thread. It's nice to have a serious, fact based thread without the political bashing. No offense to the trolls. Just take it elsewhere.
MouthBQ98
AG
Not if he had a strong suspicion the surveillance was itself the criminal act.
First Page Last Page
Page 177 of 1408

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.