***Ted Lasso*** (Season 4)

35,399 Views | 367 Replies | Last: 10 hrs ago by Zombie Jon Snow
CowtownAg06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Boo
T dizl televizl
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Talk about a wide range of emotions. Fooking hell
NukeAg10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Mae must've died of overjoy.

Blocked out the spoiler.
Zombie Jon Snow
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I think it's a misdirect.

Not sure about Rebecca's reaction but she could be reacting to the news about the shares being sold and not Mae. But maybe that was the devastating news she was telling Ted.

But what I really think is a misdirect is the plot line about the shares. I don't think it's as simple as she is buying up the team to take control. First of all it is not going to become a Tracy Ullman centered show. I think there is some other reason she is doing it - perhaps even a magnanimous one. She could be just doing it to sell back to Rebecca in some altruistic way or somehow for the betterment of women's sports or Richmond in general. She's such a callous kind of character but.... I think thats what they want us to believe. Or maybe I'm just blindly hopeful there. TBD.
Zombie Jon Snow
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Or just occurred to me Mae's apparent death will somehow mean the ownership is saved. Her shares revert to the team or something.
CowtownAg06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That was my thought too. Higgins said the Milk sisters would make it 49%. That means less than 50'control the club. Maybe Mae leaves them to Ted/Henry.
LeonardSkinner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
She wasn't going to sell anyway, right? So that doesn't change the math?
FightinTexasAg15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Dang what an emotional swing this episode. That final scene going into the credits with no music and then the tribute to Anthony Head was brutal
Stive
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Her passing and having those scenes immediately preceded by the Milk sisters scene made me think the same.

Mae left her shares to either Rebecca or Ted/son. That percentage, combined with what Rebecca already has, will move the ownership enough that the team won't be taken over. It'll probably be ham-handed in how it's presented but the point will remain.
LeonardSkinner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wait.

What if we're seeing it wrong? What if whoever gets Mae's share(s) is actually inclined to sell? And that's what puts Zelda over 50%.
CowtownAg06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I just can't believe that Rebecca and Higgins haven't figured Zelda out. If they are getting duped by her, then they will look so dumb. I think they have a long game too.
The Milkman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
MASAXET said:

mnuge said:

I'm enjoying it a bit more but it just seems ...."off".

they went for the big emotional close with the Believe sign (and celebrating the kid that we don't know) last night and it just didn't hit at all for me.



Man, it hit for me. Almost choked up when the kid read the sticky note but maybe I'm weird


Wife and I both had the same reaction that was weirdly offputting. Like why would she yell "what the F***" when her son reads something for the first time?
Marauder Blue 6
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
CowtownAg06 said:

I just can't believe that Rebecca and Higgins haven't figured Zelda out. If they are getting duped by her, then they will look so dumb. I think they have a long game too.

I think they have figured it and were baiting her when talking about it in front of her.
Stive
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Marauder Blue 6 said:

CowtownAg06 said:

I just can't believe that Rebecca and Higgins haven't figured Zelda out. If they are getting duped by her, then they will look so dumb. I think they have a long game too.

I think they have figured it and were baiting her when talking about it in front of her.

Interesting.

I feel like that would be a weird curveball for this show. Off the top of my head I can't think of any situations in the previous seasons that weren't telegraphed rather clearly. There haven't been any blindsides, have there?
CDub06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Marauder Blue 6 said:

CowtownAg06 said:

I just can't believe that Rebecca and Higgins haven't figured Zelda out. If they are getting duped by her, then they will look so dumb. I think they have a long game too.

I think they have figured it and were baiting her when talking about it in front of her.

That's what I thought. I thought we were going to get some kind of sting when she went to the airplane bathroom (to make a call to relay the info).
Leggo My Elko
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

Or just occurred to me Mae's apparent death will somehow mean the ownership is saved. Her shares revert to the team or something.

This is where the drama is going to come from. How many shares and the fight over them. Obviously the good guys will win
Southlake
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Love Tracey; hate Zelda. So damn abrasive.

I guess what's she's there for. Rupert was smooth; Zelda is rough.
Creekisrising
How long do you want to ignore this user?
How is it that Rebecca (owning 51% of the team) would ever lose control of the team?
Is it simply from having someone who owned 49% and constantly raising hell?
Zombie Jon Snow
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Creekisrising said:

How is it that Rebecca (owning 51% of the team) would ever lose control of the team?
Is it simply from having someone who owned 49% and constantly raising hell?


It has not been explained well at all. Don't know if it is subterfuge or poor writing.


The Milk sisters used to have shares but that predated Rebecca getting 51%. If she still has 51% it's a non issue but the show is making it seem to be an issue.

So it is possible the Milk sisters now have shares again maybe Rebecca sold some to them and they naively let Zelda onto that info in the plane. She might have done that to fund some stuff Keeley wanted to do with the womens team but that also makes no sense because ou can't funnel personal money into the team (see Man City).

So it's also possible the Milk sisters have no shares and it is a ploy by Rebecca/Higgins to expose Zelda and what she is trying to do. Higgins never mentions the shares and those issues except when Zelda is in the room. It's either lazy writing or a plot.

Mae's shares would seem to be a lynch pin now too - who will she will them to?

It may (no pun intended) come down to who controls her shares now. Perhaps Rebecca did sell off some shares to the Milk sisters and so she has less than 49%. Let's say she sold 3% and has 48%. Then who controls Mae's shares may matter.

There are pages and pages of speculation and theories on this on reddit show page. Nobody knows the answer.
Leggo My Elko
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Creekisrising said:

How is it that Rebecca (owning 51% of the team) would ever lose control of the team?
Is it simply from having someone who owned 49% and constantly raising hell?


My assumption is she doesn't have 51% or this wouldn't be a story line
MASAXET
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The Milkman said:

MASAXET said:

mnuge said:

I'm enjoying it a bit more but it just seems ...."off".

they went for the big emotional close with the Believe sign (and celebrating the kid that we don't know) last night and it just didn't hit at all for me.



Man, it hit for me. Almost choked up when the kid read the sticky note but maybe I'm weird


Wife and I both had the same reaction that was weirdly offputting. Like why would she yell "what the F***" when her son reads something for the first time?

It was a reaction of shocked joy. I remember when my son first put his little ball through the basketball hoop in the bathtub and I said "holy *****" So I guess I just can absolutely see such a reaction
Mr. Nussbaum
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Great episode!
tylercsbn9
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Mr. Nussbaum said:

Great episode!


Wonder if they are setting up Ted to come coach the men's team if there is a season 5. Or maybe Nate with Ted being an assistant.
Mr. Nussbaum
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looks that way?!?
CowtownAg06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I don't think that's the end but fitting if it was. For some reason the Rebecca/Zelda payoff fell a bit flat to me even though that's how I wanted it to go.
Rudyjax
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ted Lasso scale.

Season C- Some good moments.

Most tv shows scale.
A.

i enjoyed the season.
Southlake
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yup, everyone thinks it's Zelda trying to buy the team.

But, it's going to be Nathan!
Zombie Jon Snow
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Great episode!!!!

Very moving several times - Mae of course, Ted and his son, Rebecca and Roy, Rebecca and Mathis, Keeley, etc.

Zelda reveal was about what I thought and posted the other day - as one of the ways it would go. I liked Rebecca and Higgins getting their reveal.

Two of my favorite moments though were coach Chilton related surprisingly.

The Diamond Dogs meeting where she said she would rather be a cat then meowed and assumed a cat pose absolutely killed me.

And then the subtle little reveal that she was the one messing with Ted's chair all season.


Another was of course the Roy/Rebecca discussion where they each mocked and imitated the other was brilliant. Her crooked fingers to approximate his eyebrows was gold. Then they applied some Ted-like wisdom in how they came around and she said I forgive you the same way Ted had with her. And Roy using Rebecca's words was also a nod to that. Brilliant.


But everyone had some moment in there. Kinda perfect. And things change. And life goes on.

Still love this show.
CowtownAg06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Agreed. And the Alice as a cat was perfect.
Ragoo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I can't imagine they make another season. They wrapped up every story line.
CowtownAg06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I think this season has been pretty well regarded both critically and viewership wise. They didn't know how it was going to go when they wrote it so gave themselves some options. I'd bet on a S5.
Rudyjax
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yeah. Looks like they mapped out 3 more seasons and just waiting for Apple go ahead. I can't imagine why they would not green light them.
Zombie Jon Snow
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I forgot to mention. Loved the cameos.

Nate and the Diamond Dogs scene was great.

Sam Obisanya, Dani Rojas and Isaac McAdoo from the mens team showed up for the match although some had moved on to other teams.


fig96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Also had Colin, Zoreaux, Jan Maas, and a few others, not to mention Will Kitman in the haircut scene.

Really loved this ep, tons of great callbacks and the Diamond Dogs scene was too good (and loved the Cat People addition). The Zelda reveal felt a bit forced but still entertaining.

My big question is where we're going for next season? I can't imagine they won't greenlight s5, and I thought they were leading up towards Ted taking the men's team over (and he even mentions something to Rebecca leading into that) then the last scene in the office seemed to indicate otherwise.

Overall a few ups and down this season but they nailed the landing.
Zombie Jon Snow
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
fig96 said:

Also had Colin, Zoreaux, Jan Maas, and a few others, not to mention Will Kitman in the haircut scene.

Really loved this ep, tons of great callbacks and the Diamond Dogs scene was too good (and loved the Cat People addition). The Zelda reveal felt a bit forced but still entertaining.

My big question is where we're going for next season? I can't imagine they won't greenlight s5, and I thought they were leading up towards Ted taking the men's team over (and he even mentions something to Rebecca leading into that) then the last scene in the office seemed to indicate otherwise.

Overall a few ups and down this season but they nailed the landing.


Ted said to his son that he was making some changes to make sure he was more present for him the next year. That was alluding to him stepping back we just didn't know it until the end.

And then he wanted to talk to Rebecca about the coaching position - but we did not see that convo - could have been about the head coach for the women (Alice) or the men (Nate) but we assumed he meant himself.


The end was also quite a callback to the opening scene where it showed "Ted Lasso Assistant Manager" nameplate when he was working at the grocery store. Full circle. But he will be happier and have a better life balance.


I think S5 will have that coaching setup for the women's team and Nate maybe returns to coach the men again.



 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.