Rush touring in 2026 with new drummer

53,581 Views | 798 Replies | Last: 22 min ago by maroon barchetta
maroon barchetta
How long do you want to ignore this user?
New World Ag said:

Pretty funny moment last night was Geddy losing his transmitter out of his back pocket during 2112 when he and Alex started goofing around going back to back. He had to pick it up off the floor and signal to his crew for someone to come reconnect it. Alex held his arms out at Ged while exiting the stage like he was taking the blame.


That was funny
maroon barchetta
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Mathguy64 said:

Someone will have to tell me what Loren Gold does. Every time I looked at him he was just standing or wandering around back there.


He added backup vocals a number of times

Extended intros to La Villa and Camera Eye

Lots of keys that Geddy would have played with foot pedals in the past

Last night he doubled Geddy's keyboard solos on Subdivisions. I had not noticed that before but could see his hands between the upper and lower keyboards. Not sure when else he did that
maroon barchetta
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm partial to getting to hear all of 2112 side 1 over MP but only because it's so rare for them to have played it over the years.

Last night I focused on Anika during Camera Eye and man, the drumming on that song doesn't get the recognition of multiple other songs that record, but it's a damn good drum part.
HollywoodBQ
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Mathguy64 said:

Someone will have to tell me what Loren Gold does. Every time I looked at him he was just standing or wandering around back there.

I've been wondering the same thing. I was expecting him to play keyboards on all the parts where Geddy is playing (or at least appears to be playing).

Maybe Loren is doing the spoken part on "Subdivisions" because Alex used to do it but I haven't seen him do it this tour.
Mathguy64
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I noticed Alex doing more vocals last night than I have ever seen before.
maroon barchetta
How long do you want to ignore this user?
HollywoodBQ said:

Mathguy64 said:

Someone will have to tell me what Loren Gold does. Every time I looked at him he was just standing or wandering around back there.

I've been wondering the same thing. I was expecting him to play keyboards on all the parts where Geddy is playing (or at least appears to be playing).

Maybe Loren is doing the spoken part on "Subdivisions" because Alex used to do it but I haven't seen him do it this tour.


I don't think Alex ever actually spoke that part. I think it looked like he did but it was triggered some other way
maroon barchetta
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Mathguy64 said:

I noticed Alex doing more vocals last night than I have ever seen before.


He did some their last few tours but last night was a lot.
HollywoodBQ
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
maroon barchetta said:

Mathguy64 said:

I noticed Alex doing more vocals last night than I have ever seen before.


He did some their last few tours but last night was a lot.

The only thing I ever remember seeing him go to the mic for before was to say "Subdivisions" (or give the appearance of saying Subdivisions). My memory of that was from back in the 1990s.
New World Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
A few picks from last night.





Zombie Jon Snow
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Mathguy64 said:

Someone will have to tell me what Loren Gold does. Every time I looked at him he was just standing or wandering around back there.


It's not a ton but it does free up Geddy to walk around a lot more.

He has ome good parts though but Geddy stil takes some of the signature things too. I'd really be fine with Geddy turning that all over to him, but they are his songs, I get it.
Mathguy64
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
She is damn good. I can't imagine stepping into Neil's seat and having to play his part.

Tailgate88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Mathguy64 said:

She is damn good. I can't imagine stepping into Neil's seat and having to play his part.




Wow.
maroon barchetta
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I thought FW was great.

San Antonio shows surpassed the FW shows.

Looking forward to Houston.
Mathguy64
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
For everyone going to Houston on Thursday be aware.

The Astros will play at home this week. Best of 3 against the white Sox on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday if needed. Game times are expected to be afternoon. Parking Thursday could be a PITA.
maroon barchetta
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The weather is the bigger concern.
TP Ag '87
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
parkwhiz.com

Thank me later.
Tailgate88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Best guess on set list for Houston?
maroon barchetta
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I might know someone with a couple of tickets he is looking to sell
maroon barchetta
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Setlist guess for single show in a city (part of this is me wishcasting):

Xanadu
The Analog Kid
The Spirit of Radio
Natural Science (please oh please)
Far Cry
Bravado (Neil tribute video)
La Villa Strangiato
Witch Hunt
Animate
Limelight

Intermission

Tom Sawyer
Red Barchetta
YYZ
2112 (three parts)
A Passage to Bangkok
A Farewell To Kings
Closer To The Heart
Subdivisions
Freewill

Anthem
Working Man

They haven't done Anthem as an encore this tour but why not?
Mathguy64
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I would take the one off special they did in FW for the double cancellation.

1) Xanadu
2) Far Cry
3) Subdivisions
4) The Pass
5) Freewill
6) Bravado (Neil Peart tribute)
7) La Villa Strangiato
8) The Trees
9) The Anarchist
10) The Spirit of Radio

Intermission

11) 2112 (Full song)
12) Time Stand Still (Neil Peart tribute)
13) YYZ
14) Red Barchetta
15) Limelight
16) The Camera Eye
17) Witch Hunt
18) Vital Signs
19) Tom Sawyer (with Lil' Rush intro)

Encore:
21) Finding My Way
22) Working Man

maroon barchetta
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Oh

I forgot to add Time Stand Still to my second set.
digging tunnels
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
New Neil Peart documentary

Big Al 1992
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Mathguy64 said:

For everyone going to Houston on Thursday be aware.

The Astros will play at home this week. Best of 3 against the white Sox on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday if needed. Game times are expected to be afternoon. Parking Thursday could be a PITA.


Anyone thinking about heading downtown early to watch Astros ( if needed) at bar close by then walk to Toyota?
maroon barchetta
How long do you want to ignore this user?
No
KidDoc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Big Al 1992 said:

Mathguy64 said:

For everyone going to Houston on Thursday be aware.

The Astros will play at home this week. Best of 3 against the white Sox on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday if needed. Game times are expected to be afternoon. Parking Thursday could be a PITA.


Anyone thinking about heading downtown early to watch Astros ( if needed) at bar close by then walk to Toyota?

Clinic till 3 then Mcmorik and Schmidt for dinner. Staying overnight near the center then working at 10 am.


I'm just pumped for this week seeing Iron Maiden and Rush. My top 2 bands in one week!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
HollywoodBQ
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
KidDoc said:

I'm just pumped for this week seeing Iron Maiden and Rush. My top 2 bands in one week!
I just got back from my San Antonio - San Francisco - Los Angeles trip to see Rush and Maiden. Totally worth it.

Be sure to get there early enough for Anthrax and Megadeth.
HollywoodBQ
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Big Al 1992 said:

Mathguy64 said:

For everyone going to Houston on Thursday be aware.

The Astros will play at home this week. Best of 3 against the white Sox on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday if needed. Game times are expected to be afternoon. Parking Thursday could be a PITA.


Anyone thinking about heading downtown early to watch Astros ( if needed) at bar close by then walk to Toyota?
From the previous page, "Dirt Bar" sounds like the spot within walking distance of Toyota Center.
Johnsy3
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG


SIAP
HollywoodBQ
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Game Day in Houston and I find myself with an extra ticket.

If anybody wants it, meet me at Dirt Bar before the show between 5-6 pm. Show starts at 7:30 pm.
maroon barchetta
How long do you want to ignore this user?
HollywoodBQ said:

Game Day in Houston and I find myself with an extra ticket.

If anybody wants it, meet me at Dirt Bar before the show between 5-6 pm. Show starts at 7:30 pm.


Call 979.846.1797

It's the Fox Line for 99.5FM here in Aggieland.

K.C., the dj, is not planning to go to see Rush even though I know he wants to go.

Tell him you have an extra ticket.

I'll give him a ride with me and my buddy. Just PM me if he accepts your generous offer. Get his cell number so I can arrange the pickup. He will ride with me and my guitar instructor.

He will probably be concerned that he has to get up really early tomorrow to be on the air. Tell him to suck it up and live that rock and roll lifestyle. This band isn't coming back to Texas after tonight.
digging tunnels
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
KC Wheeler is still a DJ on the Fox???? Damn he's been there a long time!
maroon barchetta
How long do you want to ignore this user?
digging tunnels said:

KC Wheeler is still a DJ on the Fox???? Damn he's been there a long time!


He is! I listen to him every morning! And he's great about taking requests although he never plays Xanadu or La Villa Strangiato when I request them, but he will play YYZ from Rush in Rio
HollywoodBQ
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hey man, if you want to call him and offer him my ticket, cool with me. Just let me know if he takes it so I don't stop by Heartbreakers in Dickinson on the way up to Houston to see if any of the dancers are Rush Fans - LOL.

I had 3 different people lined up and none of them can join me tonight for various reasons.
maroon barchetta
How long do you want to ignore this user?
He didn't answer. I left a "shout out" message that he hopefully gets.

If not I'll hit up a friend of his that works at another station and see if I can get in touch.
TP Ag '87
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Seemed like the right place to park today.
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.