Rush touring in 2026 with new drummer

57,723 Views | 851 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by Roll the Bones
txags92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Enjoy the show!
Girlhowdy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Checking in from 116
Mathguy64
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Mrs Mathis getting shirts. She said they just threw a dude out for repeatedly cutting in line. He got warned and did it again. Staff threw his ass out of the building.
HollywoodBQ
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The dreaded double post..
HollywoodBQ
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Met up with Digging Tunnels and Echoes 97 at Dirt Bar.

Good dudes and good times .

It's Digging Tunnels first Rush show and man oh man did he pick a good one.

Normally, I would assume that certified Rush freak New World Ag is in the first 10 rows.

I ran into him on the floor at The Summit in 1996 on the TFE tour.
txags92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I am living vicariously through all of you by watching the full san antonio show from 9/23 on youtube. Totally jelly…
HollywoodBQ
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
How about that.. they put the spotlight on Loren Gold and let him play keys to intro a song.

I wonder if they've been reading our comments LOL
Mathguy64
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wow. Totally unique 1H. And We are a song short. It's been 10. Now 9. We will get a special 2nd half.
VAXMaster
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Big Al 1992
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yep - a couple albums have been noticeably missing so far …
HollywoodBQ
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That intro to Camera Eye was incredible.

Good for Loren
Mathguy64
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That was just amazing getting 2112 and MP. They killed it.

That was a fans show.
Big Al 1992
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Of the 3 Texas cities, this was my fav! Awesome set list, they sounded fantastic and had so much energy. Definitely were enjoying themselves! And I took it all in since this was probably last time I'll see them (unless Sphere rumours are true!). Great night!!
digging tunnels
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
HollywoodBQ said:

Met up with Digging Tunnels and Echoes 97 at Dirt Bar.

Good dudes and good times .

It's Digging Tunnels first Rush show and man oh man did he pick a good one.

Normally, I would assume that certified Rush freak New World Ag is in the first 10 rows.

I ran into him on the floor at The Summit in 1996 on the TFE tour.


Pleasure to meet you man! Yes it was my first Rush show and all I can say is WOW! WOW! WOW! That setlist was amazing! Can't believe they played side A of 2112 and all of Moving Pictures. Would have loved to hear New World Man, Fly By Night, and By-Tor but I ain't complaining
maroon barchetta
How long do you want to ignore this user?
HollywoodBQ said:

Met up with Digging Tunnels and Echoes 97 at Dirt Bar.

Good dudes and good times .

It's Digging Tunnels first Rush show and man oh man did he pick a good one.

Normally, I would assume that certified Rush freak New World Ag is in the first 10 rows.

I ran into him on the floor at The Summit in 1996 on the TFE tour.


TFE was at the Woodlands
Mathguy64
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hope everyone made it home ok. Driving 290 and 6 was sketchy and that's being kind. Wrecks everywhere. One truck had spun around spring cypress on the elevated part and was literally pointing the wrong way and broken in the road. We watched someone hydroplane and spin around at Badtke. And just after turning north on 6 someone had rolled it. They were backwards and on their side with all kinds of fire trucks. You couldnt see any lane markers so everyone was just making a lane randomly.

maroon barchetta
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Mathguy64
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
maroon barchetta
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Big Al 1992
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yes 290 was a **** show and you're right - the lanes disappeared. Saw the same truck wreck you saw.
Big Al 1992
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG


New World Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
maroon barchetta said:

HollywoodBQ said:

Met up with Digging Tunnels and Echoes 97 at Dirt Bar.

Good dudes and good times .

It's Digging Tunnels first Rush show and man oh man did he pick a good one.

Normally, I would assume that certified Rush freak New World Ag is in the first 10 rows.

I ran into him on the floor at The Summit in 1996 on the TFE tour.


TFE was at the Woodlands


First show in 1996 was at the Summit. They came back in 1997 to The Woodlands.
maroon barchetta
How long do you want to ignore this user?
249 wasn't much better.
New World Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
HollywoodBQ said:

Met up with Digging Tunnels and Echoes 97 at Dirt Bar.

Good dudes and good times .

It's Digging Tunnels first Rush show and man oh man did he pick a good one.

Normally, I would assume that certified Rush freak New World Ag is in the first 10 rows.

I ran into him on the floor at The Summit in 1996 on the TFE tour.


Had free suite tickets. Was a nice change of pace after having 4th, 2nd and 1st row seats for the 2 Mexico City shows and the 2nd SA performance. Got to experience the full production and be seated the entire time.
One Louder
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yall have better pics than I do! We were in the back section of the floor and had a great evening. This might be the best concert week of Kiddoc's life with his two favorite bands touring in Texas within days of one another. Rush is also our son's favorite band so he came down from CS as well (he drove through the sh*tshow to get back last night at almost 1 AM).

Kiddoc and our son are true "deep cut" fans so they really appreciated 2112 being part of the set. I went to the drink line for that and when I got back, Geddy announced that the Houston audience was getting all of MP (out of order, of course!) but I was thrilled to hear that even though Limelight was probably his worst vocal of the set. It made me realize why Fly By Night was not included. I was surprised Closer to the Heart was part of it.
maroon barchetta
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ok that's fair.
maroon barchetta
How long do you want to ignore this user?
My best friend thought we were getting A Farewell To Kings when Geddy said they were going way back to something they recorded outdoors in Wales.

Closer to the Heart is good but yeah, another deep cut would be good too.

I really wanted Natural Science.
Mathguy64
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I thought we were going to get The Trees after La Villa.

Thats the one miss of the two shows I saw.
New World Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
maroon barchetta said:

My best friend thought we were getting A Farewell To Kings when Geddy said they were going way back to something they recorded outdoors in Wales.

Closer to the Heart is good but yeah, another deep cut would be good too.

I really wanted Natural Science.


I thought the same thing....he mentioned the same thing about Wales before AFTK in San Antonio.
txags92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
One Louder said:

Yall have better pics than I do! We were in the back section of the floor and had a great evening. This might be the best concert week of Kiddoc's life with his two favorite bands touring in Texas within days of one another. Rush is also our son's favorite band so he came down from CS as well (he drove through the sh*tshow to get back last night at almost 1 AM).

Kiddoc and our son are true "deep cut" fans so they really appreciated 2112 being part of the set. I went to the drink line for that and when I got back, Geddy announced that the Houston audience was getting all of MP (out of order, of course!) but I was thrilled to hear that even though Limelight was probably his worst vocal of the set. It made me realize why Fly By Night was not included. I was surprised Closer to the Heart was part of it.

Yeah it was real clear that Geddy was struggling with the upper end notes in the San Antonio show I watched last night. Not a surprise he didn't want to try Fly by Night. Makes me wonder if his earlier bout of laryngitis made him not want to push as hard for those notes anymore.
HollywoodBQ
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
maroon barchetta said:

HollywoodBQ said:

Met up with Digging Tunnels and Echoes 97 at Dirt Bar.

Good dudes and good times .

It's Digging Tunnels first Rush show and man oh man did he pick a good one.

Normally, I would assume that certified Rush freak New World Ag is in the first 10 rows.

I ran into him on the floor at The Summit in 1996 on the TFE tour.


TFE was at the Woodlands

In 1997 yes, I was there.
I was also at the 1996 shows in The Summit and Reunion Arena.
It was a long tour.
HollywoodBQ
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Mathguy64 said:

Hope everyone made it home ok. Driving 290 and 6 was sketchy and that's being kind. Wrecks everywhere. One truck had spun around spring cypress on the elevated part and was literally pointing the wrong way and broken in the road. We watched someone hydroplane and spin around at Badtke. And just after turning north on 6 someone had rolled it. They were backwards and on their side with all kinds of fire trucks. You couldnt see any lane markers so everyone was just making a lane randomly.

I'm actually glad you mentioned this.

My drive down I-45 was pretty crazy too.

There were the standard randoms doing 30 mph above the flow of traffic in a Hyundai or a Kia along with the occasional Ram pickup going way too fast.

I was exhausted so wasn't driving my best and then after a refresh stop at Bucees in Texas City, I came over an overpass in La Marque and somebody was at a complete stop in the left lane trying to change a flat tire. I went back to offer them some road flares but they had finished the repair by then.

Changing a tire in the left lane with no shoulder on the blind downslope of an overpass is a good way to get killed.

EDIT: Forgot about the homeless dude running across the street in downtown Houston that I damn near hit after the car in front of me swerved. It was definitely a risky drive home after the show.
TP Ag '87
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Had a blast. Perfect set list as far as I'm concerned.

First, FW. Then, last night. Hollywood is next. And, just before the show last night, my wife let me know she's got us tickets for April in Basel, Switzerland. (Gotta get in some watch shopping, too.).





maroon barchetta
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Man those are some great pics.
KidDoc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The driving stories made me glad we stayed the night in walking distance of the center and drove home in the morning.

My only complaint is nothing from Clockworks. I know most of the old fans like the old stuff and eskew the "new" music but I really love the Clockwork stuff.

Still a very memorable week and show!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.