***Horizon - An American Saga***

5,606 Views | 67 Replies | Last: 11 hrs ago by cena05
aggierogue
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Take my money!
TCTTS
AG
Horizon: An American Saga
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt17505010/
Chapter 1 = June 28, 2024
Chapter 2 = August 16, 2024
Theatrical Exclusive

Murder Hornet
AG
Second trailer is even better than the first!
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Can't wait.

I grew up watching westerns with my dad, lots of John Wayne, lots of Clint Eastwood, but was never really a fan of the genre until Dances With Wolves. When that movie ended, I was ready for 3 more hours. Then along came Unforgiven. That led to revisiting all those westerns I watched with my dad, and have been a fan ever since.
#FJB
TCTTS
AG

TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
Gigem314
AG
Murder Hornet said:

Second trailer is even better than the first!
Yeah I was already excited after the first one. This is gonna be a really fun summer for movies.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Must disagree. The Horizon movies, Alien Romulus, and the Deadpool & Wolverine are all I find any appeal to.
#FJB
TCTTS
AG
Yes, there's only one Marvel movie this summer, no DC movie, no Star Wars, no Nolan, no Villeneuve, and no Cruise. It's an off summer for sure. But this is still a damn solid line-up overall, with some legit potential...

- Alien: Romulus
- Bad Boys: Ride or Die
- Beverly Hills Cop: Axel F
- The Bikeriders
- Deadpool & Wolverine
- The Fall Guy
- Fly Me to the Moon
- Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga
- Hit Man
- Horizon: An American Saga - Chapter 1
- Horizon: An American Saga - Chapter 2
- Kinds of Kindness
- Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes
- Longlegs
- MaXXXine
- A Quiet Place: Day One
- Trap
- Twisters
Gigem314
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

Must disagree. The Horizon movies, Alien Romulus, and the Deadpool & Wolverine are all I find any appeal to.
For me, other than Top Gun Maverick two summers ago which was enormous on its own...the two Horizon films, Twisters, Deadpool, and Beverly Hills Cop are the most excited I've been about a string of summer movies in a very long time. Definitely the nostalgia factor for me with all of them...so that's a big part of it.
Aggie95
AG
Excited to see this.

Critics are saying it's more Waterworld than Dances With Wolves. Also that it lacks flow and works more as a tv series than movie.
TCTTS
AG
LMCane
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

Can't wait.

I grew up watching westerns with my dad, lots of John Wayne, lots of Clint Eastwood, but was never really a fan of the genre until Dances With Wolves. When that movie ended, I was ready for 3 more hours. Then along came Unforgiven. That led to revisiting all those westerns I watched with my dad, and have been a fan ever since.
I enjoyed Dances with Wolves in the theater when it was first released decades ago

rewatched it again when it was on TV and it lost much of it's luster. large parts of it are just plodding along

and the opening scene in the Civil War seemed so cool when i was a kid, now it seems like it was done on the cheap.
LMCane
on that entire list I would only bother to watch 3

Deadpool
Twisters
Costner
TCTTS
AG
FL_Ag1998
AG
I don't care what the critical reviews say so far about the first Horizons movie, I saw a trailer for it again before The Bikeriders today and I'm pumped. After all, how many times have we seen these critics go gaga for movies they see at festivals yet the movies end up being mediocre (looking at you The Hitman)? Critical reviews from festivals are the least reliable IMHO.

I also wanted to say that every trailer I saw before The Bikeriders today was a non-franchise movie, and as someone who loved what Marvel did with the MCU it was still so refreshing and exciting to see unique stand-alone stories coming down the pipe.
TCTTS
AG
Cannes was the wrong place to debate a movie like this, as it's mainly snob central over there. That said, it certainly feels like reactions/momentum have been steadily changing since...

TCTTS
AG
And yeah, I had the same thought/experience at The Bikeriders. It was so refreshing to see so many trailers for original movies.
FL_Ag1998
AG
That's great to hear about the reviews for Horizon. I love Costner and I love westerns.
FL_Ag1998
AG
Sorry. I meant to post this in the main movie trailers thread, I'll move it over there.
LMCane
why not just do a 10 part series on Netflix or HBO?

instead of risking people not coming out in sufficient numbers to the theaters during a heat wave?
FL_Ag1998
AG
LMCane said:

why not just do a 10 part series on Netflix or HBO?

instead of risking people not coming out in sufficient numbers to the theaters during a heat wave?

Because some things, like an epic story of settling the American frontier, need to be seen on the big screen and not a 65-inch TV.

Oh, and heat waves are the perfect time to sit in dark cool theater sipping on a frostee and eating popcorn for 2 hrs.
LMCane
I see your point but let's face it - there are a ton of lazy fat Americans who are not going to leave their houses when it is 100 degrees outside.
G.I.Bro
LMCane said:

I see your point but let's face it - there are a ton of lazy fat Americans who are not going to leave their houses when it is 100 degrees outside.

There's also a ton of Americans who would swim through miles of ball sweat to see Kevin Costner as a cowboy again
Whos Juan
AG
G.I.Bro said:

LMCane said:

There's also a ton of Americans who would swim through miles of ball sweat to see Kevin Costner as a cowboy again
cena05
AG
hey 75 inch!
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.