***Horizon - An American Saga***

7,315 Views | 75 Replies | Last: 11 hrs ago by Wes97
Rexter
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Just got home from seeing this. Overall, it was great. Very nice setting in open country. It started a bit sluggish, but came around pretty quickly. Character development was good. The end seemed like it was bouncing around with flashbacks and future scenes, but I'd see it again tomorrow.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
I just got back. Agree with Rexter's post.

Having just returned from a family vacation to Colorado, I really appreciated the majestic scenery (of Montana and Wyoming). Early on, the movie seemed to bounce around a bunch of seemingly unrelated sequences, but the writers did a great job of weaving all those disparate elements together. I kept looking at faces and thinking, is that ... so stayed for the credits and I was right on many of the faces that I thought looked familiar. Mostly Michael Rooker but also Sam Worthington, Will Patton (a regular in Costner flicks), and Luke Wilson.

The ending did seem to be a montage of stuff to come.

The entirety of this thing has a legitimate chance to be an epic American western.
#FJB
Gomer95
AG
I just got back from seeing it and I loved it. Yes it was a little convoluted with plot lines but as long as you keep in mind it is part one of a multi part series, then when the entire thing is finished, it will be one very awesome epic movie storyline. Plus, it is a western which we could use a few more of in the movies. Great flick and it didn't seem like 3 hours to me.
I hate rude behavior in a man. Won't tolerate it. - Woodrow F. Call
pfo
AG
I really liked Horizon. There are lots of characters and story lines so you have to pay attention. It's 3 hours long. My wife and mother in law were confused and thought it was convoluted, too difficult to follow.

The settlers of the Wild West were tough as nails. Many must have had it bad wherever they came from because it was a life or death adventure. Horizon does a great job of depicting that fact.

The scenery is beautiful and harsh. The acting is good and the story is interesting. I'm really looking forward to the next Horizon movie in August. By the way, there are many good looking people in this movie.
JimboFlyFisher
AG
Just got back. Disappointed. Love westerns, Costner fan, but the story didn't draw me in like I hoped and I never became emotionally attached to any of the characters.

Great scenery and cinematography.

Storylines rambled too much for me, and when put together are a bit stereotypical of western stories.

Will definitely watch the 2nd one, but likely from the house.
Wes97
AG
Enjoyed it. Seemed kind of a mix of old Hollywood epic films but this time as a western. Definitely a slow burn but I enjoy those kind of films. When they have a coherent message at least, which this one did.

And interestingly not as much focus on Costner as I was expecting.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.