***** THE MANDALORIAN SEASON 3 Official Thread *****

130,995 Views | 1857 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by jokershady
Flashdiaz
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Prosperdick said:

So all the ranting about compression suits can we just take a moment and talk about realistic security? And no, I'm not talking about having mouse droids as your security force although it was pretty lame and the bit was aimed squarely at 6-year-olds.

Going back to the original there have been these open access panels that R2, or in this case R5, can just casually roll up to, insert their robot appendage, and control just about damn near every security detail on the premises.

Why on earth would you allow access that easy??? The empire would NEVER have some free and open source software located in random corridors that any droid off the street could manipulate to control their security, especially holding cells to the point that it overrides the panels IN THE ACTUAL CELLS!!!

And before anyone comes back with how dumb they were to have a vulnerable area in the original Death Star, well they retconned that to be done on purpose by Galen Erso.

yet they found time to put a self destruct button on the clone chambers that Mando figured out in 5 seconds.
Southlake
Love this stuff.

But, I hope all you experts and cry babies find a show you actually like.
redline248
AG
I can't help but be reminded of this

PatAg
AG
Prosperdick said:

So all the ranting about compression suits can we just take a moment and talk about realistic security? And no, I'm not talking about having mouse droids as your security force although it was pretty lame and the bit was aimed squarely at 6-year-olds.

Going back to the original there have been these open access panels that R2, or in this case R5, can just casually roll up to, insert their robot appendage, and control just about damn near every security detail on the premises.

Why on earth would you allow access that easy??? The empire would NEVER have some free and open source software located in random corridors that any droid off the street could manipulate to control their security, especially holding cells to the point that it overrides the panels IN THE ACTUAL CELLS!!!

And before anyone comes back with how dumb they were to have a vulnerable area in the original Death Star, well they retconned that to be done on purpose by Galen Erso.

I always thought the assumption was that R2 (and now R5) were basically hacking the planet.
jokershady
AG
Oooooooooooh the number of times I've posted this very video
The Porkchop Express
AG
redline248 said:

I can't help but be reminded of this

Two great racks and Blossom.
Feels so good, feelin' good again.
redline248
AG
word
bobinator
AG
I think after sleeping on it I'm even more mad about this finale. The legendary dark saber that we've spent so much time on being destroyed by just being like squeezed really hard sums up this show.
jeffk
AG
It was only a prop
CC09LawAg
Yeah....at first I was bummed it was destroyed, just because it's such a cool concept. But then I realized I was really more bummed that it was destroyed like that. Just such a lame way for such a cool, meaningful thing to be destroyed. It should've carried way more emotional weight based on the level of symbolism it had.
The Porkchop Express
AG
It was either destroy it or have Starbuck have to murder Ragnar Viszla when he tries to be a big man and comes after it in a couple of weeks.
LB12Diamond
AG
Hope Gideon is gone. Him liking the sound of his own voice has run its course.
bluefire579
AG
Prosperdick said:

Given how easily Mando logged on and destroyed the clones, I don't think Information Security is at the top of the Imperial Remnant budgetary spending
An L of an Ag
AG
Overall I enjoyed the final episode. Despite all the action and the pace of the last two episodes, nothing seemed "rushed" to me.

Definitely was not expecting the darksaber to be destroyed. The whole Coruscant thing was never gonna be significantly advanced in this remaining episode, so I'm ok with it being left for the next season.

I've only got one more episode left of Picard as well, so I'm thinking it's time to comb through Clone Wars, Rebels, etc. Figure if I start now, I might finish by football season and/or Astros postseason.
double aught
AG
Picard finale is great!
Ornithopter
AG
I think there was a multi season plan for Mando in the beginning, but I don't think there was a Mandoverse planned.
ABATTBQ11
AG
bobinator said:

I think after sleeping on it I'm even more mad about this finale. The legendary dark saber that we've spent so much time on being destroyed by just being like squeezed really hard sums up this show.

It can be fixed.
redline248
AG
ABATTBQ11 said:

bobinator said:

It can be fixed.
You think Grogu is going to go learn how to build a lightsaber?
ABATTBQ11
AG
redline248 said:

ABATTBQ11 said:

bobinator said:

It can be fixed.

No reason he can't. As long as the dark saber's crystal is intact, the rest is just parts. Hell, the armorer or someone else could probably reverse engineer it from what's left.

ETA Obligatory, "That'll buff right out."
Flashdiaz
AG
so are all Mando's humanoid? how are they going to fit Grogu's ears in a helmet without making it look goofy af?
Lathspell
AG
ABATTBQ11 said:

redline248 said:

ABATTBQ11 said:

bobinator said:

It can be fixed.

No reason he can't. As long as the dark saber's crystal is intact, the rest is just parts. Hell, the armorer or someone else could probably reverse engineer it from what's left.

ETA Obligatory, "That'll buff right out."
That's exactly what is going to happen. This entire series goes: HUGE PROBLEM... then quick 5 minute solution. I bet the Armorer fixes it in episode 1 of season 4. Or maybe they pull a book of Boba Fett and fix it in Ashoka.

Din was excommunicated and his entire world and religion is crumbling around him. Then he flies and dips into some water... all better now.

We spent 2 full seasons getting Grogu to a Jedi... hey look! He's back!

Bo can't lead the Mandalorians because she doesn't have the dark saber! Simple loophole and quick fight. Now she's the leader of Mandalore, again.
Lathspell
AG
Flashdiaz said:

so are all Mando's humanoid? how are they going to fit Grogu's ears in a helmet without making it look goofy af?
Dude... Force wormholes. Rise of Skywalker taught us that Force wormholes are real. Grogu just creates two little Force wormholes where his ears are, and they are floating somewhere else. Problem fixed!
Mathguy64
AG
Just wait until the space whales that move through hyperspace show up. And the kid who talks to them.

Then the SWHTF.
redline248
AG
Since I brought it up I guess I'll throw in my (not even) two cents.

Yes, Grogu could learn how to build (or fix) a lightsaber, but he'd have to find 1 of the 3 remaining people that know how to build one. Luke, Ahsoka or Ezra. One of them he already left, one of them said she wouldn't train him and the third is still lost. Good luck, little guy.

If the armorer, or any other non-jedi finds a way to rebuild the thing just b/c, I will rant on these forums. You don't think Gideon or some other Imperial wouldn't have spent years trying to figure out how to build more?
tk for tu juan
The Din Duo will be cruising the outer rim, might just bump into Luke and/or Leia along with 6 yo Ben Solo
Lathspell
AG
Is the Jedi Temple still there? Can they access any records on how to build one? Luke did it as a young Jedi, so i'm assuming it can't be too hard.
CondensedFogAggie

There's also zero reason why Din and his foundling should be living in some rustic hut on the outskirts of a near barren planet. Instead of being on Mandalore with his people and rebuilding *****

Unless they want to reduce budget for the next season.

But who am I kidding, I'll be eagerly awaiting the next season.

redline248
AG
DallasTeleAg said:

Is the Jedi Temple still there? Can they access any records on how to build one? Luke did it as a young Jedi, so i'm assuming it can't be too hard.
In the old EU, in Shadows of the Empire, Luke found schematics and plans in Obi-Wan's hut.

I think the jedi temple was destroyed and I would guess the emperor put harsh restrictions on what could be accessed from it. Alias or Porkchop can probably fill in the blank, there.

It's not completely impossible the knowledge can be found out in the galaxy, but I would hope it would be Grogu finding out rather than the armorer or someone.
Mathguy64
AG
From Clone Wars, younglings make theirs with parts and the Force.
ChipFTAC01
AG
redline248 said:

Yes, Grogu could learn how to build (or fix) a lightsaber, but he'd have to find 1 of the 3 remaining people that know how to build one. Luke, Ahsoka or Ezra. One of them he already left, one of them said she wouldn't train him and the third is still lost. Good luck, little guy.

If the armorer, or any other non-jedi finds a way to rebuild the thing just b/c, I will rant on these forums. You don't think Gideon or some other Imperial wouldn't have spent years trying to figure out how to build more?

Remind me, because my brain isn't at 100% yet this morning. Luke fights Vader at the end of ESB and loses his first saber (that Obi Wan gave him that was actually Anakin's). And then he builds a new one by himself before ROTJ? Who taught him that?

Maybe in season 4 of Mando they'll make a road trip to Dagobah to find Yoda's old saber lying around in a swamp.
An L of an Ag
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

redline248 said:

Remind me, because my brain isn't at 100% yet this morning. Luke fights Vader at the end of ESB and loses his first saber (that Obi Wan gave him that was actually Anakin's). And then he builds a new one by himself before ROTJ? Who taught him that?

Maybe in season 4 of Mando they'll make a road trip to Dagobah to find Yoda's old saber lying around in a swamp.

That particular lightsaber (and Luke's skeletal hand) would have fallen through the vents, etc, below Cloud City and ended up somewhere on Bespin, right?
beagle2009
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

redline248 said:

No idea how Luke learned to build lightsabers, but we saw in BoBF that Luke has Yoda's lightsaber, which Grogu ultimately declined in favor of the Mandolorian chain-mail / sticking with Din.
The Porkchop Express
AG
In a deleted scene from Return of the Jedi he is in a cave finishing the green one.
Gigem314
AG
Flashdiaz said:

bluefire579
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

In a deleted scene from Return of the Jedi he is in a cave finishing the green one.
There's also the Shadows of the Empire version where Obi Wan left a book detailing it, and then Han Solo lite Dash Rendar saved him from swoop gang assassins sent by Prince Xizor

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.