***** THE MANDALORIAN SEASON 3 Official Thread *****

130,823 Views | 1857 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by jokershady
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Madmarttigan said:

Not gonna lie, in the world we live in with the MCU being so huge and interconnected, I'm really confused why you are nitpicking Mando/Star Wars so hard for required watching of other shows to catch up.

As someone else mentioned earlier, it's kind of like having Loki die in Eternals. It was a MAJOR plot point that happened in a completely different show. It was the core dynamic of the entire conceit, undone in the Mando season two finale, but then immediately remedied in something a number of fans didn't know they had to watch.

To that end, I would argue that we're not quite at an MCU level yet with Star Wars. At least when it comes to the Disney+ stuff. A number of people saw that BOBF was going to be a Boba Fett show, and thus not a Mando show, so they didn't tune in. It's as simple as that. Maybe, if Favreau & co had been more vocal about MCU-ness of it all, and how essential BOBF was gong to be to Mando's story, it wouldn't be as much of an issue. But they didn't. And I'd argue that it would have been bad storytelling regardless.

Not to mention, I would bet that at least half of the Mando audience has no idea who John Favreau even is. They're not all Star Wars super fans who are on message boards like we are, watching all the making of stuff, etc. So even if Favreau had been explicit with his intentions, so many people would *still* have no idea. Just another reason that these things should (mostly) remain within themselves, until a majority of the audience understands the game/MCU-ness of it all.
TCTTS
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

All right, I gotta put you back on ignore for my blood pressure

You specifically said that your post wasn't directed at me, but then immediately proceeded to critique the opinion of the person I "retweeted." an opinion I explicitly said that I share. You then went on to characterize those who agree with us as "wussy," "whining," "self-entitled," "saber rattling," that they think their opinions are better than everyone else's, and that they should instead "STFU."

These things, you're saying about people who simply disagree with you, in a public forum, re: two characters reuniting on a show that wasn't their own.

I replied by saying that I know the character of the guy who tweeted the opinion/wrote the article you disagree with, and that he's none of the things you're accusing him of; that, in fact, many people, myself included, complain about these things *because* we love this stuff, and because it can, at times, be cathartic. Not because we're all the things you're saying we are. I then implied that you have a habit of doing this (assuming the worst in people, especially those who frequent social media), which is simply another factual statement, based on your posting history.

And your response is to imply that this makes you so angry that it actually affects your blood pressure? So much so that you have to block me?

Seriously?
Lathspell
AG
redline248
AG
I thought everyone knew that Book of Boba Fett was really just The Mandalorian Season 2.5
redline248
AG
I can't wait for cast of Rebels to show up in Mandalorian. At least, I really hope Sabine does. Many will lose their minds b/c how cool to have live action version, and many more will lose their minds b/c who the f-ck is this, dammit Disney?!
Lathspell
AG
redline248 said:

I can't wait for cast of Rebels to show up in Mandalorian. At least, I really hope Sabine does. Many will lose their minds b/c how cool to have live action version, and many more will lose their minds b/c who the f-ck is this, dammit Disney?!
And then we can have more Pentecostal preaching from Porkchop at TC regarding his absolute idiocy for having never watched a cartoon!

It will be glorious!
redline248
AG
I almost forgot...the funny thing is that if he did block you he won't see this long post.
TCTTS
AG
redline248 said:

Like I've said before, as long we're provided basic context clues, in-show, as to their history/relationships, it's all good. In every single movie or show there's an implied history between characters, or there are implied character backgrounds, that we never see. We're given just enough info to understand everyone's basic wants/desires, along with the stakes. And in this instance, with The Clone Wars, I consider that the background we can actually choose to go watch, should we feel inclined to. But enough has been given to me in live action, about, say, Bo-Katan, that I get the gist. I understand her point of view and what she's after. But if I want to go full-in on the details, I can, though it's not essential.

"Essential" being the key word.

Because that's what separates that instance from what they did with Mando and Grogu in BOBF. It's absolutely essential that we saw BOBF to understand what's going on in Mando S3. Which I and others simply find to be a dumb decision.
Lathspell
AG
redline248 said:

I almost forgot...the funny thing is that if he did block you he won't see this long post.
Unfortunately, blocking people does not keep notifications from hitting your feed if they directly respond to you.
Madmarttigan
AG
I mean BOBF was directly set up by Mando so I feel like it is reasonable to think they would be connected somehow.

I will agree that it isn't reasonable to expect it is going to be Mando season 2.5, but I expected Mando to tie in somehow just like I will expect
With Ashoka. I do expect Ashoka/Mando connectivity to be pretty heavy going forward. At least that is what I'm hoping for.

Just as a caveat I am also too lazy to watch the animated stuff so I am a little on your side of hoping they give a few details if they come into the fold. Ashokas introduction didn't bother me too much with limited info though.

Formerly tv1113
The Porkchop Express
AG
OK, roll call for who's staying up or waking up to watch the season premiere at 2 AM Wednesday?

Feels so good, feelin' good again.
Lathspell
AG
Seeing as I'm not 10, I have a job, and I have some form of discipline... I think I will probably just wait until that evening to watch it...
The Porkchop Express
AG
TCTTS
AG
DallasTeleAg said:

Seeing as I'm not 10, I have a job, and I have some form of discipline... I think I will probably just wait until that evening to watch it...

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
What about Wanda having children in Wandavision? Multiverse of Madness pretty much hinges on having seen that show.
TCTTS
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

What about Wanda having children in Wandavision? Multiverse of Madness pretty much hinges on having seen that show.

Again, 15 years into the MCU everyone knows the game. Movies set up other movies, shows set up movies, and movies set up shows. Feige explicitly noted as much, expectations were properly set, etc. That's apples and oranges compared to the Mando situation.
redline248
AG
I would argue that once Ahsoka was announced, and then she, Bo Katan and Boba Fett all showed up in Mando, the expectation existed that other properties might have crossover episodes, too.
PatAg
AG
TCTTS said:

DallasTeleAg said:

Two thoughts
Multiplicity is one of the great movies of our time, so jot that down.

At this point I stay up to watch premiers to avoid all the *******s that live to spoil shows and movies.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
You're right, it's actually MORE reasonable of an expectation for Mando. Both are tv shows streaming on Disney+, by same producers/showrunners, with several characters of overlap, and literally teased at the end of Mando S2.
TCTTS
AG
"Crossover" is different from "The main two characters on which the entire first-ever Disney+ Star Wars series hinged, who emotionally parted ways in that series' season two finale, reunited in no time on a completely different series, that no one in a position of authority bothered to mention was essential viewing."

Regardless, we've beaten this discussion to death, no one is changing any one else's minds, and Porkchop is probably about to ready to slit his wrists at this point. Let's just drop it.
PatAg
AG
TCTTS said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Again, 15 years into the MCU everyone knows the game. Movies set up other movies, shows set up movies, and movies set up shows. Feige explicitly noted as much, expectations were properly set, etc. That's apples and oranges compared to the Mando situation.
Something being overlooked in this..interesting discussion. There are actually a lot of people that either don't get into Marvel, or stopped watching, because you are expected to watch every single movie or show that comes out.
I don't mind it, because im watching them all anyways, but I think we are due for some shows and movies having stand-alone story lines.
TCTTS
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

You're right, it's actually MORE reasonable of an expectation for Mando. Both are tv shows streaming on Disney+, by same producers/showrunners, with several characters of overlap, and literally teased at the end of Mando S2.

There is absolutely NO chance that ANYONE had ANY expectation that Mando and Grogu would be reunited in BOBF. For the 400th time, "overlap" was expected, yes, but something as monumental and essential as the two main characters from a completely different show reuniting was not. It's completely disingenuous to say otherwise.

That's the last I'm going to say on the subject.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Missed opportunity to finish with an "I have spoken" gif.

-10 points for Gryffindor.
redline248
AG
TCTTS is definitely a Slytherin
TCTTS
AG
The Porkchop Express
AG
3 DAYS ...
Nice new glimpses!

The Porkchop Express
AG
Pedro Pascal on Din, Grogu, and Mando Season 3

Pascal looked back at his experience with the show, which has evolved over time almost as much as the show has:

Quote:

"So much of it has changed over the years, including the execution of the show, which is kind of amazing. The way that John Favreau and Dave Filoni started with season one, went into all of the surprises of season two, bridged season two and season three with the Book of Boba Fett, and continued to expand on the world.
And in a way, they improvised their approach each time. I remember checking in with them and just asking, 'Are you guys, okay?' because season three is so epic that you've got to wonder how overworked they are."
He also explained the following when asked about the Din-Grogu dynamics following their time apart:

"In terms of what was instantly relatable within the relationship. It doesn't limit itself to that kind of immediate charm, if that makes sense? The show introduced something that we fell in love with so quickly, but then there's just so much more to do with it and explore.

Different levels of that relationship, that bond, growing stronger and there being conflict and you know a shift in the power dynamic, not power over one another, but who needs what from each other in which instance."

Pascal was also asked about the relationship between Din and Bo-Katan after the "fallout" that happened in the season 2 finale:

Quote:

"I mean there wasn't really a fallout necessarily sort of kind of an accident.
Din picked it up and is desperate to give it back to her. But it has to be earned in a very specific way. I think what I'm most excited about as far as season three is concerned, is what we get to see Katee do."
Following very cool surprises in the first season, The Mandalorian broke the Internet several times with major cameos and plot twists throughout season 2. That raised the bar for what fans can expect from the series, and Pedro Pascal reaffirmed in the interview that they will not be disappointed with the third season. When asked if the new episodes contain guests stars or moments that will excite the fans, he replied:

Quote:

"The answer to that is YES, period [laughs]."
Full interview here:

TCTTS
AG
The Porkchop Express
AG
Just a reminder that once 2 a.m. Wednesday hits, this thread is fair game for Episode 1 talk, no spoiler tags necessary about the episode!
Kate Beckett
AG
Got my alarm set for 2 am!
The Porkchop Express
AG
Official director list revealed

• Episode 1 directed by Rick Famuyiwa
  • Episode 2 directed by Rachel Morrison
  • Episode 3 directed by Lee Isaac Chung
  • Episode 4 directed by Carl Weathers
  • Episode 5 directed by Peter Ramsey
  • Episode 6 directed by Bryce Dallas Howard
  • Episode 7 directed by Rick Famuyiwa
  • Episode 8 directed by Rick Famuyiwa

For reference, Rick Famuyiwa is the new exec director and previously directed Chapter 2: "The Child" and both episodes with Bill Burr - #6 The Prisoner and #15 The Believer

Rachel Morrison is Famuyia's protege to a degree, and has previously directed episodes of American Crime Story and The Morning Show and was the cinematographer on Black Panther in 2018.

Lee Isaac Chung is the director of the forthcoming Twisters and has acted as director, writer, producer, and occasionally editor and cinematrographer for several foreign films that have been nominated for Sundance, Festival awards, Golden Globes for Foreign Langague, and Ocasrs for Best Director and Best Original Screenplay. It should come as little surprise that I have no idea what any of those movies are.

Peter Ramsey co-directed Into the Spiderverse and is also doing an episode of Ahsoka.

Carl Weathers needs no introduction, but wants you to know that you shouldn't throw that rib away because you still got some meat on the bone.

Bryce Dallas Howard also needs no introduction, having directed the "Sanctuary" and "The Heiress" episodes of Mando as well as the "Return of the Mandalorian" episode of Book of Boba Fett. If you haven't heard, BOBF is another show about Mandalorians who live in the Star Wars universe. She also voiced Yaddle on Tales of the Jedi on D+.

redline248
AG
Any chance they drop more than 1 episode?
redline248
AG
Quote:

If you haven't heard, BOBF is another show about Mandalorians who live in the Star Wars universe
Boba Fett is no Mandalorian!

/sarcasticnerdrage
jackie childs
redline248 said:

Any chance they drop more than 1 episode?
they have episode 2 scheduled to release 3/8. i suppose it could change, but doesn't seem likely and they didn't release two episodes in either previous season
The Porkchop Express
AG
Plus the Bad Batch comes out tonight too. They aren't going for SW overload. So help me if I get up at 2 a.m. and they released it early like they did with Obi-Wan though

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.