***** THE MANDALORIAN SEASON 3 Official Thread *****

131,370 Views | 1857 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by jokershady
bobinator
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm not sure why you think this eliminates that, I think it's just setting that up, getting Zeb back on the board in a more useful place than where we left him.
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
Mathguy64 said:

Except we know they have a show built with Ashoka and Sabine (and I think Hera?) to search for Ezra. And I can't imagine Zeb wouldn't be in that search. Now they have Zeb as an alliance space cop. That's the part that makes it a waste.

Why is that a waste? They introduced him to the none animation people.

We are going to see Sabine probably in the next episode when Bo Katan leaves to be in both worlds.

I expect the first few episodes of the Asoka show to be her," getting the band back together" and she goes and gets or at least talks to Zeb as well as Sabine and Hera.
https://i.postimg.cc/rpHKr9JQ/IMG-0770.jpg
TXAG 05
AG
sburg2007 said:

So who do we think took Moff Gideon? I'm thinking it's more lead into Sabine showing up.

Weren't Gideons super droids made out of beskar, or am I misremembering?
jeffk
AG
Mathguy64 said:

Except we know they have a show built with Ashoka and Sabine (and I think Hera?) to search for Ezra. And I can't imagine Zeb wouldn't be in that search. Now they have Zeb as an alliance space cop. That's the part that makes it a waste.

He was at the base and knew the pilot. Nothing really ties him into being a space cop. The Ghost crew would definitely be tight with some of the veterans around the galaxy.
jeffk
AG
TCTTS said:

I know next to nothing about the Zeb character, but I would be shocked if he's used in any meaningful, extended capacity in Ahsoka, simply because of how much it would cost to give a fully-animated character that much screen time in a Disney+ show.

Yikes. If the show is at all centered on finding Ezra, they'd face a pretty tough task in explaining why his best friend/big brother figure wasn't involved in the search.
sburg2007
TXAG 05 said:

sburg2007 said:

So who do we think took Moff Gideon? I'm thinking it's more lead into Sabine showing up.

I dont think the dark troopers were.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Arrakis ecologist said:

Mathguy64 said:

We are going to see Sabine probably in the next episode when Bo Katan leaves to be in both worlds.

I expect the first few episodes of the Asoka show to be her," getting the band back together" and she goes and gets or at least talks to Zeb as well as Sabine and Hera.

Are we going to find Chopper playing drums for Murph and the Magic Tones?

I don't say this flippantly, but for us Rebels fans, if there is a scene coming up with Hera, Sabine, Zev, Chopper all on the Ghost with Ezra and/or Ahsoka, that's going to be better than the Avengers "circle" from the previews to the 2012 movie.

I would bet dollars to donuts that Freddie Prinze Jr. appears as Kanan in a flashback along the way as well.
Feels so good, feelin' good again.
The Porkchop Express
AG
DubFalls said:

I expected him to pour the Captain some courvoisier during the visit.
Damn! When Gideon's mole walked in, they could have had him say, "ohhhh, it's a LA-DEE"
ChipFTAC01
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

Arrakis ecologist said:

Mathguy64 said:

I don't say this flippantly, but for us Rebels fans, if there is a scene coming up with Hera, Sabine, Zev, Chopper all on the Ghost with Ezra and/or Ahsoka, that's going to be better than the Avengers "circle" from the previews to the 2012 movie.

I would bet dollars to donuts that Freddie Prinze Jr. appears as Kanan in a flashback along the way as well.

Better than working at a call center.
redline248
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Said it before the season started. The season will end with all the Mandos unmasking. Once Bo is in charge she makes the rules.

Book it.
I think it's going to evolve into a "if you want to," not you have to kind of thing. A lot of them like Paz won't be comfortable doing it.

Random thought: he keeps calling that one kid his son. Imagine, if he means it literally (or even if not), growing up and never seeing your dad's face.
redline248
AG
TXAG 05 said:

sburg2007 said:

Not with the way Luke cut their asses to shreds
dave94
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

Arrakis ecologist said:

Mathguy64 said:

This has to happen now.
TXAG 05
AG
redline248 said:

TXAG 05 said:

sburg2007 said:

I remembered that as soon as I made that post.

I think it has to be a red herring, don't think a Mandalorian would leave beskar laying around like that, with as rare and precious as it is.
The Porkchop Express
AG
There's definitely different groups of Mandos out there. Now I'm starting to lean towards Christopher Lloyd's character being some hard-ass old Mando leader who decided to emulate Gar Saxon and side with the Emipre for wealth and glory.
PatAg
AG
It just doesnt seem plausible to me that any Mandalorians would work with the Empire, or its remnants, given the whole "the Empire destroyed their planet" aspect.

I do like the of it being a misdirection to put the New Republic on the tail of the Mandalorians, its the sort of thing a person like Moff Gideon would think of. He knows they will be a potential thorn in his side, so putting them on the radar of the New Republic as a way of removing them from his path makes sense.

Lot of interesting seeds planted the last two episodes, especially now that we have confirmation Gideon didn't make it to his trial.
AliasMan02
AG
No thought that the Beskar was from Boba who took a contract for the Imperial Remnant?

Thrawn also apparently had access to Beskar.
redline248
AG
Oh man, if we get Gideon AND Thrawn on screen together.
ABATTBQ11
AG
TXAG 05 said:

redline248 said:

TXAG 05 said:

sburg2007 said:

I remembered that as soon as I made that post.

I think it has to be a red herring, don't think a Mandalorian would leave beskar laying around like that, with as rare and precious as it is.

This. Beskar is like gold. Also not sure how a piece would just break off. Seems like something Gideon would do, too.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Mmaybe they used a Beskar weapon to breach the ship - remember the Armorer kind of chided Din about the Beskar spear and how it should only be used for armor. If there's a rogue Mando group out there, you could definitely see them using Beskar weapons.

jeffk
AG
Beskar pipe bombs
The Porkchop Express
AG
What I really want from this show is a Clan Ordo reference.

Malachi Constant
AG
This would be the PERFECT way to tie in KOTOR for the superfans.
Red Five
AG
Malachi Constant said:

This would be the PERFECT way to tie in KOTOR for the superfans.
Find and reactivate an ancient HK-47 in the ruins of Mandalore or we riot.
PatAg
AG
jeffk said:

Beskar pipe bombs
It's the Irish Mandalorian sect, just a lot of O'Malleys and Murphs running around
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
B. O'Katan
B. O'Bafett
Sabine Walsh
twilly
AG
A bunch of Mandos followed Maul. Wouldn't put it past them to follow evil dudes.

Ranger fans you're not dreaming! The Rangers are the World Series Champions!
The Porkchop Express
AG
twilly said:

A bunch of Mandos followed Maul. Wouldn't put it past them to follow evil dudes.
Gar Saxon was leader of the Imperial Super Commandos and later both Viceroy and Imperial Governor of Mandalore under the rule of the Empire until the uprising led by Bo Katan and Sabine Wren.
ABATTBQ11
AG
twilly said:

Only because he had the dark saber
twilly
AG
And so did Moff Gideon. That alone means some Mandos followed him. Question is do any still follow him.

Ranger fans you're not dreaming! The Rangers are the World Series Champions!
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
TCTTS said:

I do admit, the sequence itself was super cool and felt very eerie, in a good, non-Star-Wars way…

I actually got an Aliens vibe from that scene.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Should put Bo Katan on there with helmet off
https://i.postimg.cc/rpHKr9JQ/IMG-0770.jpg
txagman1998
AG
Quote:

There's definitely different groups of Mandos out there. Now I'm starting to lean towards Christopher Lloyd's character being some hard-ass old Mando leader who decided to emulate Gar Saxon and side with the Emipre for wealth and glory.

I did not know that Christopher Lloyd would be making an appearance this season. Then again, I guess it only makes sense that he would have a part in a show called The ManDeLorean.
TCTTS
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.