***** THE MANDALORIAN SEASON 3 Official Thread *****

131,392 Views | 1857 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by jokershady
The Porkchop Express
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
In case you want to watch it over and over like I do.

For the unwashed heathen.

Watching Steve Blum voice act is worth a video watch any day.

Feels so good, feelin' good again.
Kate Beckett
AG
I enjoyed this episode. I love the dog fights and kicking arse.

Also, my dad started watching it a few weeks ago and is all caught up now, so it's a good bonding experience. He is not much in to Star Wars (needs reminders or clairifixation on some things), but I love how he loves this show now too.
LB12Diamond
AG
Why did she tell her to remove her helmet?
redline248
AG
LB12Diamond said:

Why did she tell her to remove her helmet?
To explain what she wants Bo Katan to do. Or rather, to make her point better
The Porkchop Express
AG
I liked the culture building with each person having to hold the Armorer's hammer to talk to the group, and the group appearing capable of making individual decisions. Feels like the Armorer has just been a caretaker for the Mandalorians, keeping them united and safe until a leader emerges. Sort of what the Stewards of Gondor were tsked with doing until a king arrived, although Denethor definitely blew the assignment.

The Porkchop Express
AG
I'd like to think that Tim Meadows New Republic bureaucrat is his character from the Office who was abducted from Earth and just slid right back into mid-level work.

CondensedFogAggie

Welp that was a really fun episode. Got to see a slice of New Republic life, dogfighting and battles are cool.

Not sure if the new homes were worth the fight if they're gunning to take back Mandalore anyway, but probably best not to think about those type of matters this season.
redline248
AG
They are, probably, going to need a lot more Mandalorians to go back to the planet. That's gonna take a while. Might as well live the cushy life among friends for a while.
bobinator
AG
That was more like it.
Mathguy64
AG
I was cool to see a live Zeb but that was really wasted.
bobinator
AG
Eh, I think it's just one more step on our assembling of the Rebels cast of characters that's going to be coming back together soon. That scene establishes a lot of things quickly. Zeb is a pilot in the New Republic, he's in a position where if something were to come up he'd hear about it, his skills are probably still pretty sharp, etc. When he joins the fray later, presumably in Ashoka, it'll make sense compared to where we left him.

Maybe that's giving this show too much credit though.
dave94
AG
I'm happy they introduced him so nonchalantly and kinda in the background. He doesn't need to be a big part of this story right now.

We know there will be more to come and it will be fun to see it all come together wherever it is fully realized.
sburg2007
So who do we think took Moff Gideon? I'm thinking it's more lead into Sabine showing up.
MrPlow2010
AG
That one pirate that was after Din reminds me of the bad guy from Galaxy Quest.

I really liked this episode. R5 being a rat made me laugh.
TCTTS
AG
sburg2007 said:

So who do we think took Moff Gideon? I'm thinking it's more lead into Sabine showing up.

What I found confusing was that, two episodes ago, they made it a point to underline that the New Republic doesn't use any old Imperial ships, tech, etc. They won't even eat/use their perfectly edible biscuits. But then, all the sudden, they show that Gideon was being transported in an Imperial Shuttle?
sburg2007
Let's not overthink this clearly thought out and we'll planned masterpiece, mmkay? (Yes, I thought the same thing.)
Saxsoon
AG
Good lord, Zeb's animation was incredible
Mathguy64
AG
Except we know they have a show built with Ashoka and Sabine (and I think Hera?) to search for Ezra. And I can't imagine Zeb wouldn't be in that search. Now they have Zeb as an alliance space cop. That's the part that makes it a waste.
TCTTS
AG
I know next to nothing about the Zeb character, but I would be shocked if he's used in any meaningful, extended capacity in Ahsoka, simply because of how much it would cost to give a fully-animated character that much screen time in a Disney+ show.
The Porkchop Express
AG
TCTTS said:

sburg2007 said:

What I found confusing was that, two episodes ago, they made it a point to underline that the New Republic doesn't use any old Imperial ships, tech, etc. They won't even eat/use their perfectly edible biscuits. But then, all the sudden, they show that Gideon was being transported in an Imperial Shuttle?
They were stripping down the Star Destroyers, so clearly they're still wearing the hardware. Perpetuating their cuisine is a little too culturally familiar though.
The Porkchop Express
AG
MrPlow2010 said:

That one pirate that was after Din reminds me of the bad guy from Galaxy Quest.

I really liked this episode. R5 being a rat made me laugh.
I thought there's be an end credits scene where they were back to their fighting practice and they were all using R5 for target practice.
C@LAg
they need to do a variation of this re: Zeb

Mathguy64
AG
Ok. Now I have to rant a bit.

This whole mess pisses me off. They have all these amazing character arcs created through Clone Wars and Rebels that are now being brought to life in Mando and BoBF, not to mention base characters in those shows and now all the fleshed out Mandalorian history and not one lick of this ended up in the sequels. What a waste.

Ok. Rant over.
TCTTS
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

TCTTS said:

sburg2007 said:

They were stripping down the Star Destroyers, so clearly they're still wearing the hardware. Perpetuating their cuisine is a little too culturally familiar though.

The convo between Pershing and his superior that episode...

PERSHING
"This equipment I'm archiving, it's all coded to be destroyed."

SUPERIOR
"Looks like it."

PERSHING
"It's all still perfectly good."

SUPERIOR
"It's Imperial technology."

PERSHING
"Yes, but it can still be put to good use. If I can have access to the equipment, I'd be happy to demonstrate how -"

SUPERIOR
"Can I be honest with you? We are really behind here..."

And then later, when Pershing and Kane are aboard the decommissioned Star Destroyer, she tells him...

"It's all going to the scrap heap."

In other words, I got the distinct impression that ALL Imperial tech was to be put out to pasture, no matter how good or useful it still was. I only bring it up because I was genuinely confused in the moment, in that final scene last night. Because my first thought was that the New Republic doesn't use Imperial tech, so it wasn't the New Republic that was transporting Gideon, which then made me wonder if that's how/why the ship was attacked, etc. Per usual, it was muddy/contradictory signals that took me out of an otherwise cool moment.
AliasMan02
AG
Not caught up on the thread, but loved the Zeb cameo. Makes sense to start to intro the Ghost crew slowly.

Now... Bad Batch!
ABATTBQ11
AG
TCTTS said:

sburg2007 said:

Probably dismantling all the combat ships and their gear since the war is over. Shuttles are always useful.
TCTTS
AG
I do admit, the sequence itself was super cool and felt very eerie, in a good, non-Star-Wars way…

Saxsoon
AG
the gideon scene was god tier
Ornithopter
AG
I expected him to pour the Captain some courvoisier during the visit.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Said it before the season started. The season will end with all the Mandos unmasking. Once Bo is in charge she makes the rules.

Book it.
TCTTS
AG
Would love that.
CondensedFogAggie
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Said it before the season started. The season will end with all the Mandos unmasking. Once Bo is in charge she makes the rules.

Book it.

Yeah I mean if you're paying Oberyn Martell levels of cash to an actor, might as well show his face more often.

To be fair, when they're doing actually cool things like today, they do look badass with their masks.
TCTTS
AG
Masks for battle, helmets off for everyday speaking/emoting. I'm hoping that's eventually the new "way" going forward.
PatAg
AG
TCTTS said:

Masks for battle, helmets off for everyday speaking/emoting. I'm hoping that's eventually the new "way" going forward.
Or its like, keep it on take it off, whatever you are comfortable with. Love every Mandalorian doing the same head nod of acknowledgement that Boba Fett did.
Pretty sure all of us in here would do the same thing, you just look badass doing it.
That show was pretty great, save for a few scenes.

Loved the interaction between the x-wing pilot and the 'former' imperial that is allegedly redeemed. Thats 100% how anyone that actually fought in the rebel alliance would think and behave regarding those imps.
She does a great job of putting on the polite face around everyone, and then they give us those scenes when no one is looking and she just has icy murder in her eyes.
CondensedFogAggie
TCTTS said:

Can't wait for the first time they're sitting around the table for dinner, awkwardly looking around, wondering what to say and thinking damn my buddies are ugly.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.