BARBIE vs OPPENHEIMER

26,439 Views | 307 Replies | Last: 11 mo ago by TCTTS
Dimebag Darrell
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TCTTS said:

LOL..."Hey everyone, I am quitting twitter because they are anti-censorship and suppression of speech!"
TCTTS
AG
Sea Speed said:

What are these executive notes about the stuff they didn't want in the movie?

No one knows. They weren't specific. All we know is that a Mattel rep flew all the way to the set to express his or her concern about a specific scene, had an in-person convo with Gerwig and Robbie, who then ended up performing the scene specifically for this exec, which in turn alleviated the exec's fears.

(I imagine it's probably a bunch of gay/trans/pedo stuff, though, and they paid off the exec with Illuminati Bucks, so as to continue spreading Hollywood's evil agenda. That makes the most sense to me.)
Dimebag Darrell
TCTTS said:

Sea Speed said:

What are these executive notes about the stuff they didn't want in the movie?

No one knows. They weren't specific. All we know is that a Mattel rep flew all the way to the set to express his or her concern, had a convo with Gerwig and Robbie, who then ended up performing the scene for this exec, which in turn alleviated the exec's fears.

(I imagine it's probably a bunch of gay/trans/pedo stuff, though, and they paid off the exec with Illuminati Bucks, so as to continue spreading Hollywood's evil agenda. That makes the most sense to me.)
This would make every major corporation happy to hear. Great for ESG scores and virtue signaling pts.
TXAG 05
AG
TCTTS said:

Claude! said:

TCTTS said:

If I had to guess, this person will never quit Twitter.

I *knew* someone was going to comment on this, and I hesitated posted it for that reason alone, but decided what the hell.

Even you have to admit it's pretty silly to quit Twitter over Elon Musk
TCTTS
AG
Absolutely. I'm not defending her at all. She's an idiot. I'm just saying I knew it would be a "thing" here.
Sea Speed
AG
TCTTS said:

Absolutely. I'm not defending her at all. She's an idiot. I'm just saying I knew it would be a "thing" here.

No matter the venue, stupid people should be mocked incessantly. The fact that they aren't is a large part of why there are so many of them.
TCTTS
AG
This is incredible. I can't believe I'm getting more and more excited for a Barbie movie, but here we are...

TCTTS
AG
Sea Speed said:

TCTTS said:

No matter the venue, stupid people should be mocked incessantly. The fact that they aren't is a large part of why there are so many of them.

A point I will not argue.
TCTTS
AG
Btw, two friends attended the premiere last night and loved it. One worked on the movie and has seen it like five times, but the other, who isn't into this kind of thing at all, thought it was great.
Sea Speed
AG
Is this a promo song or a montage in the actual movie?
TCTTS
AG
Pretty sure it's in the actual movie. I think there are at least two musical numbers.
cone
AG
Only thing about Oppenheimer that would catch my interest is if they end with Truman calling him a crybaby scientist who makes him sick
cone
AG
Barbie works because the people making the movie love the product and myth behind it and aren't trying to mindlessly deconstruct it

Same applies to the spider verse movies

And the D&D movie
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
ABATTBQ11
AG
TCTTS said:

Pretty sure it's in the actual movie. I think there are at least two musical numbers.

This... Actually makes me want to see it.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
I hear the last 10 minutes of Oppenheimer is absolute fire.

TajMaballer
AG
Doing the double feature at 2 different theaters in New York.

Barbie at 6:45pm at an Alamo
Oppenheimer at 10:45 in 70mm at an Anjelika

Next Friday is going to be incredible
Sea Speed
AG
ABATTBQ11 said:

TCTTS said:

This... Actually makes me want to see it.

Same. That was exactly why I asked. The Metallica knock off belt buckle was a beautiful touch. Color me intrigued.
LMCane
I don't understand this Barbie movie

what's the deal with it?

since I am a middle aged male- why would I be interested in this?
cone
AG
spreadsheet man undefeated
C@LAg
#TeamBarbie
Velvet Jones
AG
I can't wait for Oppenheimer, but now I'm curious about freakin' Barbie too.

I guess I'll have to do both in the same day, but which should go first?

I'm thinking Barbie. And God help me.
Cliff.Booth
I'm 10/10 excited for Oppenheimer, feel like I've been waiting 10 years for it. Honestly don't get what Barbie is. I might or might not enjoy it depending on what exactly it is going for. Some of the humor looks kind of Zoolanderesque and if it is that level of dumb satire then I'll probably enjoy it.
TCTTS
AG
To me, Barbie is a fun afternoon movie, while Oppenheimer is a serious night movie. But I've also seen the argument that Barbie should be saved for last, so as to end your day on a high note and not a depressing one.

Personally, we're doing Oppenheimer Saturday night and then Barbie Sunday afternoon, which I feel is a nice compromise.
BowSowy
AG
Oppenheimer is a "see in the biggest IMAX you can find" movie whereas Barbie is a "watch when it comes to streaming" movie, for me.
johncAG
AG
I timed it perfectly for an Oppenheimer, 20 min break, then right into Barbie. I am watching Barbie with a slightly different group who are less movie fans and more just their for the fun vibes. Barbie as the fun night cap seemed like the better move after externalism from Nolan
TCTTS
AG
TXAG 05
AG
cone said:

Only thing about Oppenheimer that would catch my interest is if they end with Truman calling him a crybaby scientist who makes him sick

The race to build the bomb isn't interesting enough?
Michael Cera Palin
AG
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
The ending of Oppenheimer won't be depressing in my mind. It will probably be sobering, but not depressing.
cbr
AG
LMCane said:

what's the deal with it?

The only reason for hope is that they somehow spun a doll into a worthwhile social commentary/interesting twist with some subtle adult humor and lots of innocent children's comedy.

Given the ideologies that is a bit scary to think about, but it seems like hollywood's pulled it off before.

Watching gosling in a musical is not making me any more interested in it, certainly.

Im excited for oppenhmer. I'll await input on barbie and probably end up seeing it with my granddaughter.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
cbr said:

LMCane said:

what's the deal with it?

The only reason for hope is that they somehow spun a doll into a worthwhile social commentary/interesting twist with some subtle adult humor and lots of innocent children's comedy.

Given the ideologies that is a bit scary to think about, but it seems like hollywood's pulled it off before.

Watching gosling in a musical is not making me any more interested in it, certainly.

Im excited for oppenhmer. I'll await input on barbie and probably end up seeing it with my granddaughter.

My impression of Barbie from the trailers so far is that it has a Mean Girls or Pitch Perfect kind of feel to it. As in the story is primarily targeted towards women, but the humor will be targeted towards both sexes.
tk for tu juan
3rd and 2
AG
https://www.foxnews.com/media/barbie-film-forgets-core-audience-favor-trans-agenda-gender-themes-christian-movie-site-warns

'Barbie' film 'forgets core audience' in favor of trans agenda and gender themes, Christian movie site warns

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.